• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Dark Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Note: I don't like the thought of Pokemon just forgetting moves... so you can learn more than 4 moves)
(OOC: Fill out the application to join! You can post it right on the thread)
The sun shone bright on this perfect day. Walking up to a stand was a Buizel. This particular Buizel carried around a backpack and was extra fluffy. He was scruffy in a way. He smiled at the nice Chansey at the stand. "I would like to pick up an application for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ma'am!" His voice was more than eager. "Why, of course! Here is the application!"
Satoshi read the application carefully:

"Name:
Species: (What Pokemon are you?)
Level:
Bio:
Personality:
Other: "

Satoshi proceeded to fill out his application

"Species: Buizel
Level: 75
Bio: I am the first born of my family. My father died a few years ago, before my siblings were born. Mother has had six other children since then, and since mother has had a streak of lonesome luck, I've stood up for her and my siblings like a father. When my father was alive however, he would teach me ways that no Pokemon had ever learned before. I am now much tougher than most Buizel known. After I left my oldest brother in charge of the family, I set off to help others in need
Personality: I am independent in most cases. I'll help anyone in need, just as if they are family. I like my training and I do it often. I have an ocarina that I often play at night, because it reminds me of how I get my siblings to sleep. I really like battles, but only if they are intentional. In all, I'm a nice Pokemon.
Other: Not much else to say"

Satoshi folded up his application and put it in the box. He waited outside of the base of the mystery dugeons. He peered inside. At one side was little huts meant to house two to four Pokemon. At the other side were shops, and at the far end was the Pelipar post office.
After a while of waiting a Goodra walked up to Satoshi and welcomed him inside.

Last edited:
Name: Barry
Species: Bidoof
Level: Uh, wut (30)?
Bio: I grew up with mah dad by a pond, he was....O.K-ish, right up until 'e evolved and ran off with dat Arceus damn Lopunny (asshole). Now dat ah'm by me-self, I decided ta do someding with mah life, so I wanna join a Rescue Team and earn money for charity! I may not be da best fighter, but ah know every Hidden Move move ah Bidoof can learn, Cut, Surf, you name it, I know it! Don't need to waste no time learning those bore of a moves with me on your team!
Personality: I am a go gett'er, an over achiever, and a determined soul with a big heart! I ain't much for fight'en, but I know my way around a trap or devices! I also enjoy an occasional glass of wine at the end of a long day.

"Barry, for the last time, we are not letting you join a Rescue Team!", the Luxio roared glaring at Barry, his Machop junior giving the Bidoof an equally cold glare. After several failed attempts at trying to mail in the application, Barry decided to go ahead and directly give it the guy's (Larry and Curls respectively) in charge of evaluating and approving new members for a Rescue Team, Times were dire, and the Mystery Dungeon Rescue Teams were willing to take just about anybody, unfortunately for Barry, he was the "just about anybody".

"Buh, why not, ahm just as capable as enyone else?!", Barry protested, matching Larry's and Curls glare.

"Barry, we've been over this several times, you can't join a rescue team because: You Are The Village Drunk, you'd be a liability to whatever team we put you on, and what's this crap about "giving you're earning to charity", everyone knows you just want to make a quick buck to pay off your bar tab so they'll sell to you again", Curls said as he pointed out all the issues with his application.

"Ah consider any place dat provides people alcohol to be one of the finest churities on da planet", Barry said, holding himself high as though he was about to win this argument that he thought he was having.

"GET OUT OF HERE!!!!", they both yelled as Curls grabbed Barry by the scruff of his neck and threw him out of the application office. Barry landed outside with a THUD!

"YEH, WELL......SCREW YOU GUISE ANYWAY!S, didn't even want to be on a Steupid Rescue Team....", Barry yelled as he dusted himself off, before quickly slumping over next to the office wall in defeat. Moments later, Barry spied a young Tyrogue was seen looking visible nervous as he entered the application center, a few minutes later, the same Tyrogue could be seen looking significantly chipper and holding an official Rescue Team badge, just waiting to get a name engraved on it. Barry knew this was his chance. Getting down on all fours,Barry carefully tracked behind the overjoyed Tyrogue, so loss in the bliss of imminently finally becoming a real rescue team, that he didn't even notice Barry nick the bare badge from his bag. Barry waited till the Tyrogue skipped out of sigh before looking at the stole badge with a fly-eating grin, he had found his ticket into a Rescue Team.

He wasted no time in heading to Big Conner to get his name engraved on it, O.K, almost no time, he did stop to ask a passing Scraggy for two bucks for a beer (the Scraggy told him to get a job). Big Conner was a rather large Gurdurr, he had spent years working hard to refine the craft of smithing, so great was his effort and dedication that recently he was able to evolve from a Timburr, BC just complained about how awkward it was to get used to using his tools with his new size. His smithing was renowned through the region, and it was for that reason he was chosen to be the one charged with the prestigious task of engraving Rescue Team Badges. His craft demanded focus, dedication, a perfect timing, all hopes of achieving those things were thrown out the window the moment Barry ran into his shop. Big Conner let out a loud groan the moment he heard the painfully familiar pitter-patter of Barry's paws.

"HEEEEEY, BC! No don't worry, don't cha worry, ah won't take much of ya time", Barry said, catching BC's hard glare, "I just need you ta engrave ma name on something". Barry immediately handed the unmarked Normal Rank rescue badge to the grumpy gurdurr with a cheerful smile on his face. BC daintily took the badge from Barry's paws and brought it a mere inch from his face, the way he looked at it made one thing he could almost read the metal, like it was telling him a story.

"You stole this, didn't you", Big Conner said flatly, apparently it did tell him a story.

"You can't prove that", Barry said a little to quickly. The Gurdur sighed, he briefly thought about just turning Barry over to the guards again, that would keep his out of his hair for...all of three days, after which Barry would get drunk and smash his windows again. He couldn't afford that, he had a big job coming in soon and he needed total serenity, a Barry outburst was something he couldn't afford. No, he had a better idea, it wasn't normally his style, but if it got Barry away from him for a while, then so it was worth it.

"Tell you what, I''ll engrave this for ya in yer name", BC said, causing Barry to immediately perk up, "but, in exchange, you stay the hell away from my forge for a month, deal?

"DEAL!", Barry said, once again all to quickly. BC was a master of the forge, he made some of the finest tools ever utilized by even the best of the best of Rescue Teams, engraving a badge was child's play for him, In a matter of seconds, the job was done and Barry was holding his forge rescue badge, smile on his face. Big Connor wasn't worried about being found out, if Barry did sequel about his involvement, the guards would just assume it was Barry trying to shift the blame to someone else like he alway's does when he gets caught., but that did leave on last matter.

"Now Barry", BC said as he grabbed Barry by the skull, picked him up, and looked him dead in the eye's, I e'spect you to honer out agreement, if I even HEAR the sound of your foots steps, I'll wring your neck, guards be damned, understood?"

"Understood..."

"Good", BC said as he dropped Barry to the ground. The Bidoof wasted no time in scrambling out of their and bolting to the Mystery Dungeon. Thankfully, the smithy was very close the the Mystery Dungeon, so Barry didn't have to run far and was there before he knew it, getting his papers finalized. Soon he'd be part of a real Rescue Team, racking in the big bucks and having a good time every night! He just needed to find a team that was willing to let him stay out of the fighting and handle the HM stuff, it's what Bidoofs were best at after all. As he slumped against the wall, he noticed Goodra, one of the big honchoes of this area's Rescue Team, welcome a Buizel inside. Barry hoped that he was next as he took a swig of his hidden emergancy flask.

Last edited:
Satoshi had received his badge from a delivery Wingull. He clenched it tightly in his hands. He took a deep breath in. "Thanks ma'am!" He said to the Goodra. She giggled, "My name is Masu, I started the rescue teams here, and I am very glad to have seen your application!" She smiled. "Impressive, is that your actual level?" She questioned. Satoshi got nervous. "I wouldn't tell a lie!" he said. The Goodra nodded suspiciously. She peered over to a Bidoof who was also entering.
"I don't remember seeing an application for a Bidoof... but he has a badge..." She approached the beaver Pokemon. "Sir, did you turn in an approved application? I went through all newly entered Pokemon and I don't remember seeing you in any of them!" She questioned. She waited impatiently for the Bidoof to answer her.
Satoshi walked over to the shops. In the middle of all the small shops set up was a fountain in which groups of Pokemon were gathered around, talking. Satoshi assumed they were figuring out their teams. Satoshi walked up to a Buizel. He knew it was female from the single stripe on her back. "Uh... E-excuse me? Are you new here?" She turned around and looked at Satoshi. He was surprised to see her fur coat so perfectly groomed. "Eh..." She grunted. "Another scruffy little bum... No! I am not interested in just any ole team! I need the best of the best! And by the looks of it, you are the complete opposite!" SHe commented in a cocky voice.
Satoshi had never felt so much anger. He clenched his teeth and his fists. "You... I..." He sighed and calmed down. "I can't hit a young woman! That's not me... But don't you dare judge me by my cover! I can beat any Pokemon I am put up against!" He growled. The Buizel turned her head. "How rude for a young man to threaten a woman he has not even been properly introduced to!" "What! You were the one who commented about me!" "Yeah... But I never threatened you!" "I didn't threaten you! I only said I can beat strong Pokemon!" "Ugh! Well... anyway... My name is Kia... and obviously, I'm a female Buizel, I m fifteen and my level is thirty three! I grew up with parents who also served in a rescue team, but they were the bast. They were very wealthy-" "I see where the cocky attitude comes fro-" "And I am NOT cocky! I just know I'm better than you! I got the hiest class training in the whole region and I can beat even the highest leveled Pokemon! So don't even THINK of tampering with me! I like the way I am... so don't tell me otherwise!" She said, again being cocky.
Satoshi turned his back on her and walked away. "I am going to find an actual team!" Satoshi teased. "And we'll be better than any pushovers you'll find!" He stomped off. "Stupid broad... I've never argued to someone like that but she is ridiculous!"

The electivire grinned as the sun shone down upon him, it's beautiful Rays lighting the world. He looked around and slid over to a stand. He laughed and looked at the Chansey." Hello ma'am I'm here to collect a Pokemon mystery dungeon application." He smiled and the Chamsey handed him a slip of paper. He read it aloud, in awe and wonder that he had succeeded in getting one.
"Name:
Species: (What Pokemon are you?)
Level:
Bio:
Personality:
Other: "
He grabbed a pen and put it to the paper. After a solid few minutes of scribbling he held it high and read it aloud again.
"Name: Blitz
Species: Electivire
Level: 86
Bio: I am the only person in my family who is alive. My family died during a earthquake and I have been trying to find who they were. I never knew them as I was young. I have spent the rest of my life independently trying to help others. I now realise I can't do it by myself and am willing to dedicate my time as a member of a rescue team.
Personality: I am loyal and hard working when I need to be. I usually like to relax when I have the chance and I will always try to look on the bright side of a bad situation.
Other: I don't have anything else to say."
He handed the application in a nd waited for a while. His drowsy mood was shattered by a wingull. He grabbed the badge it gave him and thanked it." Bye! Have a nice day." He called and walked inside the base. A goodra greeted him and he smiled warmly at her." My goodness! You seem to be a very capable Pokemon. Have a good day." She called as Blitz walked over to some shops. He laughed as he saw a Buizel throw a temper 'tyrantrum' and walk away after being rejected from another Buizel. He wandered over to the male Buizel and greeted him." Hey there. Are you looking for a team? I haven't had any luck as of yet." He smiled and extended his hand to the Pokemon." Blitz. Nice to meet ya."

Satoshi was greeted by a large electric type. This Pokemon seemed tough, but satoshi could see he meant no harm. Satoshi extended his hand and shook the hand or the Electrovire. "The name's Satoshi!" He said. Satoshi gave a taunting glare to Kia. She stuck her tongue out at him. "I wouldn't advise you to talk to her..." Satoshi laughed. "She's grumpy!" He said, laughing even more. "So... I'm guessing we need a team name... right?"

The Lucario mumbled something while shooting a glance at the Electivire. "Why would you need a team at that level..?"

He had already read the Electric Types application. He didn't like meeting people who were, stronger than , himself.

He handed in his form a few seconds after his unjustified comment.

Name: Lysander
Species: Lucario
Level: 36
Bio: Sometimes I can be very introverted. I often ignore people who think they are superior than me, Which often leads to myseld getting kicked the crap out of. I doesn't show my real side to Strangers, or anybody for that matter. I push anyone away who gets to close, as a defense mechanism. Becuase of this and my Attachment disorder, Pokemon write him off as a lost cause.
Personality: Quiet/Naughty
Other: I have a scraggly bracelet on his right arm, a gift from my sister, who i gave up of finding years ago, after a she ran away from home.

He put his paw over the bracelet in a nervous way, as if somebody, or something was going to steal away the last remains link to his sister.

( @EspeonTheBest )

"Well, uh, mahbe ya didin get it yeht, ah was just approvahed!", Barry said, his words becoming slurred due to the influence of the liquor," Look, ah got da badge, got et ofishally engraves, what more do ya want!?!? Now do ya want meh or not'a?" Masu let out a groan as she muddled on what to do with the Bidoof, she had never met Barry up close, but she had heard plenty of rumors, and unfortunately Barry seemed to be shaping up to those rumors. It was days like these that made the Goodra wish she was back on with her old rescue team, plundering dungeons, saving lives, you know, taking a direct approach in helping Pokemon. But no, those days where behind her now, she did enjoy this peaceful job of helping new and upcoming rescue Teams get their feet on the ground, except when it came to dealing with Pokemon like this. Still, she knew she had to stay professional, besides, she was certain she dealt with worse then this Barry.

"Listen, Barry was it? I'm sorry, but unless I get your papers I can not approve you for a Rescue Team, even with an official ba-"

"Well, 'chu da leader ain't cha? Can't ya just, overrhide it?", Barry asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Technically I could, but that would violate the-"

So why don't 'cha? Watcha got ta lose, ain't no one gonna care if some Bidoof dies in some dungion, actually, I knows for a fact dat da folks around here whould throw a party 'earing that I ghot killed, heheh, khowing des Pokemons hate me so mutch dat my demise whoulld make dem party makes me fheel all wharm and fuzzy inshide.... "

"T-That is a terrible way to-"

"Yeh know, yer kinda cute..."

"Wha? We're not even in the same Egg Grou-uh, I mean, thanks I gue-"

"YEP! Yer husbin is whan lucky feller....."

"Uh, I don't have a mate..."

"Oh, so hew knocked ya up, or yew just fat?"

"........Can we PLEASE get back on topic Mr. Barry?", Masu said, glaring at Barry before going back to her papers, "Listen, the fact of the matter is protocol dictates that I need the forms to officially registrar you it's important to have every member of every Rescue Team accounted for to keep track of-"

"Ken I use ya bathrew?", Barry slurred.

"You can hold it till we're done", Masu grunted, Barry was perhaps the greatest test of patients she had ever endured, and she was getting the impression he wasn't taking this seriously, "now, if you want, I can make out this papers, you can fill them out and we can see what we can do about....w-what, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY PETUNIAS!?!?!" The Goodra could only stare on in horror as she saw Barry standing up over her potted petunia's, and the horrific sound of rushing water that was filling the room.

"Weeeeelllll, sheen as ya woulden tell me where ya bathrewms were, ah had ta improvise, and BARRY WHAITS FER NO ONE!", Barry yelled, pumping his fist in the air while he did his buisness.

"THE BATHROOMS ARE RIGHT OVER THERE BEHIND THE DOOR THAT IS CLEARLY LABELED!!!!", the Goodra roared, slamming on the desk and pointing to the obviously labeled rooms. Barry, taken in by the Masu's yelling turned to look where she was pointing, unfortunately, Barry wasn't exactly finished releaving himself, and ended up giving the floor a nice, rich, yellow coating.

"Oppps, hehe, ah well, des floors looked leik deh needed clenen enyways....", Barry said with a sheepish smile. Masu looked like she was ready to tear Barry's head off, Barry wasn't just living up to the horrific rumors that plagued his reputation, he was exceeding them.

"You know what, FINE! YOU WANT TO BE ON A RESCUE TEAM!!!!' Masu roared as she stamped a piece of paper with such force that she literally split the desk she was working out in half,"THERE, YOU'RE APPROVED, NOW GO FIND A TEAM AND STAY AWAY FROM MY OFFICE!!!!!!"

"Dhank you!", Barry said with a wide smile, as though completely oblivious to the possible ramification of a Goodra's rage. He took the badge with his mouth and ran out the door to join up with a rescue team, leaving behind a steaming mad Goodra and her cowering co-workers.

"Peetra, you're in charge of the office for now, I'm going out to tear down a mountain to release some of this stress", Masu said as she stormed out the office, the ground shaking beneath her every footstep. The words "what an asshole" could be heard throughout the village.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Barry sprint-stumbled through the village square, looking for a group of strong looking Pokemon to carry him through the dungeons to fame, riches, and a paid off bar tab. As he pervaded the street, he was nearly knocked off his feet by an angry female Buizel, after a quick ""waytch where ya goin", he went back on his quest. Thankfully, his lucked pulled through as he, in the distance, he saw a strong looking Electivire, with a newly made Normal ranked Rescue Badge strapped on him. He had found his partner, now it was time for Barry to work his magic.

"EEHHH dere buddy, u new to da rescue buizness, cauz if you still looking to make a Team, I be da best HM slave you ever....", Barry's word trailed off as he caught sight of Satoshi. He looked his gaze with the Buizel, his eyes went flat as, for a moment, Barry almost seemed sober. But the moment quickly passed as the Bidoof shook his head to clear his mind, this was the Buizel he saw earlier from the post office he wasn't.....

"Shorry bout dat buddy, ah thot yew we're me dad der fer a secend, 'e was ah Buizel tew ya see, thought ya looked leik 'em but ah was wrong....yew don't look leik sum derty scumbag who ditches 'es son da moment he evovles to chase after sum ARCEUS DAMNED LOPUNNY!", Barry said, his voice very close to seething rage, but it went as soon as it came, as Barry quickly straightened himself up (as best he could that is) to address the two.

"Show enyways, u guys got rewm of one moar?", Barry asked.

Last edited:
Completely ignoring the larger Pokemon by the entrance to the Mystery Dungeon HQ, Trixie pranced over to the signup desk. Her coat shined in the sunlight as she walked. Using her strong hind legs, she pounced onto the desk, took a paper and pencil in her mouth, and wrote out, rather sloppily, her information.

Name: Trixie
Species: shiny Lillipup
Level: 56
Bio: I was born into a family of Herdier and Stoutlands. I'm the youngest and most unusual of my entire family. Ever since I heard of this place, I've wanted to be a part of an expedition team, so I trained and trained and trained all my life and became the strongest of my family! I can even defeat my daddy in battle! Both my parents are very proud of me and know that I will kick many meanie-Pokemon's butts! My cute, tiny appearance may make some give me mercy, which will only give me the advantage! There's no way I can lose!
Personality: I'm a very caring and gentle friend, but in battle, I'm ruthless and will never go easy on an enemy Pokemon. To those I know, I will sacrifice anything, even my life!
Other: I always wear a little bow over my right ear. My mummy says it brings good luck! I have one for each day of the week, and they're all different colors of the rainbow. Today, I wear blue!

The young Pokemon turned her paper in and sat down on a nearby bench, awaiting a response. Maybe they'll ask for a battle! she thought, smiling sweetly. I'm sure if they do, they'll have no choice but to let me in!

(Please tell me if shinies are allowed or not, or if this character's too OP. There'll definitely be many battles she loses, FYI.)

(OOC: @Curtkid that post almost made me fall out of my chair!)
(OOC: @~Principessa~Phantom~ Your character is just fine! I'm okay with shinies, and Satoshi is level 75 and very powerful (as you will see later on) though he does have many weaknesses, so as long as your character doesn't win all of the time, it's all good!)

A Lucario seemed to be talking the Electivire out of joining a team. Satoshi felt a little ticked but didn't make a deal of it. He then spoke up, "Hey buddy! I know that stronger Pokemon could make it on their own, but it's always good to have company, right?" He said. The Lucario seemed to be protection a bracelet. "You have someone you cherish... I see..." Satoshi looked at the bracelet, covered up by the Lucario's hand. I wish I could have cherished the ones I loved even more... Satoshi thought of his ocarina, and his father. It gave him a mixture of feelings that he didn't quite understand. He never understood why.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kia was at a stand buying berries. She was pleased to have acquired the ones she wanted. She started walking around, looking in all of the shops, when suddenly she was pushed to the ground. A drunken Bidoof bumped her and rudely commented to her. Her berries fell to the ground, some got squished. Her fur got dirty. Her anger boiled in her veins as does the hot boiling lava of a volcano. "YOU FILTHY WATER RAT I'LL PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE!" She screamed, but he was gone. She trotted after him angered.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Bidoof butted into the group. He looked to Satoshi, admitting how he mistook him for his father. Satoshi laughed. "I have only been a father once in my life! I never turned my back on my children though!" He said. (OOC: Yes, it is custom for Buizels to have children at the of 16 I guess...) Satoshi eyed the Bidoof. He looks fun... I wonder if the electivire would be better off with the Lucario... Satoshi wondered. He looked at the Electivire. "So... who's going to be on what team?" Satoshi asked. He then head the noise of another Buizel. Shit... It's her... Right when he turned his head Kia was charging for the Bidoof with an aqua jet. Satoshi hurried to stand in front and hold off the force with his palms.
"Get away rodent! This Bidoof has to pay for what he did!" She yelled. She then got tired and stopped the aqua jet. She proceeded to go after the Bidoof but Satoshi grabbed him and fled. "What a coward!" Kia said, shaking her head.
Satoshi drug the Bidoof to the market place. "Are you okay?" He asked. "She's crazy, but I can't hit her..." He sighed. He then looked around at the signs. He say a big one that read "Barley Pop!" Satoshi smiled. He looked at the Bidoof. "Wanna little celebration for making it into the rescue teams?" He asked, pointing at the bar.

The Lucario noted the females erratic behavior towards Barry, who he had met only a little while ago. He wasn't to bad, when he was sober of course. He was about to respond to Satoshi's comment, after he sped of with the Bidoof to spare him of Kia's wrath. "What did he do this time?" He asked Kia still staring at the spot Barry and Satoshi had been moments earlier.

"I have only been a father once in my life! I never turned my back on my children though!", the Buizel (Mahtoastie, did he call himself?) said with a bit of a laugh.

"Whell, mah dad waz O.K for ah bit, till 'e evolved....eh, nevah mind, so, we ah team or what?", said Barry, trying to bring the group back to the matter at hand (he wanted to pay off his tab), "Eh, we can evan bring Scruff Mcgruff ta help us sniif out vahluables en wut not....bah da way, ur names is Scruff Mcgruff from now ahn" Barry finished, pointing at the Lucario with the bracelet. However, before any plans could be made to form a team, the Buizel that Barry bumped into from earlier with the intent to blast Barry into the dirt with her Aqua Jet. Barry didn't even notice her, O.K, he did, but he didn't bother to turn around, after all, it wouldn't be the first time a girl knocked his lights out, thankfully, Satoshi's quick reflexes saved Barry from the crazy Weasels attack.

"Eh, dat ur wife Mahtoasty?, Barry asked, raising an eye brow.

"Get away rodent! This Bidoof has to pay for what he did!" She yelled.

"Insulten yah, willin to rip ya 'ead off if ya stand en er way....Yeh, dat sounds leik a wife to me....", Barry replied. Satoshi was quick to overpower the female Buizel and, eager to get Barry out of harms way, grabbed the Buizel and darted off to who knows where.

"Welp, guess dis is happen, jus so ya know, ah don't cume cheap-a", Barry replied, just smashed enough to not really care where he was going.

"What a coward!", he heard the girl say before they darted off.

"SHEAYS DA GIRL WHO ATTAHCKED SHOMEONE WEN DER BACK WAS THURNED", Barry yelled back while he stuck his tongue out at the female Buizel, truly he was the epitome of maturity. Eventually, they made their way to the market Place, where to Buizel finally put him down.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, shay, yous is sthrong....", Barry had to admit. This Buizel could probably clear even moderately difficult dungeons by himself with relative ease. Even drunk as he was, Barry knew that if he stuck with this guy he'd be rolling in the dough in no time, probably wouldn't even make him fight either. Yes, Barry thought he hit a goldmine with this Mahtoasty.

"She's crazy, but I can't hit her...", the Buizel said with a sighed.

"Whattya mean, its easy, all you do is put ya fingers into a fist and....", Barry said as he clenched his hand, whined back and threw a punch right into the side of whatever Pokemon that was passing him....which was a passing Rhyhorn. The Rhyhorn stopped himself in his tracks to turn and give Barry a glare that would send most smaller Pokemon running scared.

".....Whatz up Frank..."

"Piss off Barry", Frank the Rhyhorn said as it stomped away.

"Wanna little celebration for making it into the rescue teams?", Satoshi asked, pointing at the markets local bar. Either the Buizel was new to town, by some miracle never heard much of or had any extended interaction with Barry, or was just foolish. Whatever the reason, Satoshi would forever look back on the moment that he invited Barry into the Barley Pop as the biggest mistake of his life. Barry however, broke into one of the widest grins he could manage, few knew that grin and those that did learned to fear it more then a rampaging Tyranitar. It was the smile Barry got whenever one offered to buy him a drink, and the smile that often spelled the doom of the poor soul who made the offer.

"WHELL, if yar paying then I say, YER MAH NEW BEST FRIEHNDA!", Barry cheered as he dragged his new "friend" into the bar. The passing Pokemon who saw them enter looked at Satoshi the same way one would look at an innocent Pokemon walking to the chopping block. Barry found them seats almost immediately, he knew every bar in the village, he'd been kicked out of every bar in the village, and he'd been banned from every bar in the village. Yet somehow the Bidoof always found a way to get his drink. The current owner of this bar was a Wartortle by the name of Shellgleam, supposedly a member of a fairly reputable silver ranked rescue team back in her day, she took the small fortune she earned to open this little bar of hers. Though she had been able to make ends meet, the Barley Pop wasn't doing quite as well as she hoped, and then her own, personally nightmare entered the bar, who also, at this moment, just might turn out to be the answer to her prayers.

Barry was trying to order something from the bartender, a Muk named Gluppo, both a former teammate of Shellgleam and actually skilled drink mixer. He could make a White Russian (granted, no one actually knew what a "Russian" was) that would blow your fur, scales, whatever off! Unfortunately, poor old Gluppo might have been part of the reason the bar wasn't doing so well, not very many Pokemon are eager to order a drink from a Muk, still, him and Shellgleam went way back and the 'ol Wartortle couldn't find it in her to let the poor guy go. What she did have in her, however, was the heart to kick no good drunks out of her bar, and that's exactly what she intended to do when she caught sight of Bidoof.

"OOOOHHH NO, what did I tell you, you bucked tooth rat, I told you that you were banned, remember!", Shellgleam said as she grabbed Barry by the scruff of his neck and moved to throw him out.

"WOAH, WOAH, WOAH, Shellie, wait, it a'int like that, ya see, m-ma friend 'ere, weh just made ah Rescue Team, an 'eh offered ta by me a drink, ya shee", Barry said, rapidly trying to explain the situation and avoid getting his arse kicked out. If nothing else, it stopped Shellgleam for the moment.

"Wha-, ergh, first off, DON'T call me "Shellie", second, I know that Masu wouldn't approve you to be on a rescue team even if she were in a coma, third, banned is banned and that is final, fourth, does this poor fool of a bui-*HMPMPH*, Shellgleam was cut off by the Bidoof covering her mouth with his hand, normally that would be a death sentence for the beaver, but Barry had a way with getting what he wanted.

"Now, lhisten, ah know me, ya know me, and we both know that this bar isn't doing as well as yah leik, knowen 'ow much ah drink, ah could be yah one 'ope to make a little moneh, eh?", Barry whispered so Satoshi couldn't hear him. Shellgleam wanted nothing more right now then to bite Barrys hand off and throw him in the streets, the only thing stopping her...was...well, everything he said was true. If this Buizel was good for it, Barry could single handily drink enough to make her quarter for the month, normally most people kicked him out because he drove away other customers, but right now her bar was near empty despite its good location. With a defeated sigh, the Wartortle dropped the Bidoof, who was all to eager to make his was back to the bar.

"Shorry 'bout that, little business me 'en Shellie needed ta take care off, Gluppo, my usual please for me and my friend, jsut ta start us off of course", Barry said with a smile. Gluppo just sighed and began mixing drinks. Sure, Gluppo though Barry was an ass like everyone else, but at the same time Barry seemed to be the only one that didn't eye his drinks for grime or complain about non-exsistance sludge just to get out of paying a tab (apparently according to him, insulting perfectly good alcohol was worse the stealing it, guess the Bidoof had...one standard). In no time at all, the Muk set down to surprising tall and clean glasses of frothy, cream induced vodka.

"Ere's to ah bright futcha Mahtoasty, oh, ah nevah intraduced mah self, sure ya heard bah now but, mah names Barry, Barry da Bidoof, plez ta metcha", Barry said as he chugged the entire glass in one gulp. He immediately asked for another.

Last edited:
The Bidoof questioned Satoshi, asking if the other Buizel was his wife. Satoshi was shocked and slightly insulted, but he laughed it off. "No way! She's just a nag on her own! No way she could be my wife!" They then proceeded towards the bar.

As they entered the bar, Satoshi instantly knew it wasn't doing too good. The few Pokemon there eyes him in some sort of sympathetic way, as if there was something up with the Beaver. Though this beaver night have been using Satoshi, Satoshi was completely aware of that fact. Satoshi didn't much care if the Bidoof actually wanted a friend or if the Bidoof wanted someone to do missions for him, Satoshi just wanted a quick drink to clear his mind. Satoshi had never been one to turn down the happiness of any Pokemon, not even a low-life drinker. Satoshi, being the quiet one, never spoke a word of it though.

In all of Satoshi's observing the bar and thinking of of the rescue teams, the beaver was talking to the bar owner, trying to rule out why he shouldn't be kicked out. When they were done yammering they finally got their drinks. Satoshi stared long and hard at the vodka, a drink he never preferred to partake in, due to its horrific smell and taste, but he was prepared for a moment like this. Satoshi took a Petcha berry from a bag he always carried, broke off a piece, and crumpled it into the drink to dilute the taste. He sipped it slowly, as he always does.

"Ere's to ah bright futcha Mahtoasty, oh, ah nevah intraduced mah self, sure ya heard bah now but, mah names Barry, Barry da Bidoof, plez ta metcha" The Bidoof said.

"Nice to meet you too!" Satoshi said. Satoshi only took a few sips of the alcoholic beverage before he got sick of it. He reached into his bag and pulled out a bag of Poke (Pokemon money). "Lucky for me business has gone well!" Satoshi said, looking at his money he earned from selling berries. "Drink as much as you'd like! I have enough to pay," He said. Satoshi looked out the window. The stars were poking out, and he realized they didn't yet find themselves a hut. Satoshi figured there would be time though so he said nothing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What did he do this time?" Asked the Lucario. Kia, panting and slightly growling at the direction the two Pokemon fled, suddenly turned to look at the Lucario. "Oh he did something alright! Look at my fur! It got scuffed cuz of him! Now I'll have to take another bath! I'm not supposed to get my paws dirty unless it is in a dungeon! Not to mention he RUINED my weeks supply of fresh berries!" She yammered. "Stupid rodents!" She muttered.

"We've all lost something to Barry. Damn pest nearly ran up 1,000 Poke on my tab. But the past is the past." He said picking up a Vase that had been tipped over in Satoshi's escapade with Barry He noticed a strange gleam when he righted the clay jar, and peered inside. What he found, was astonishing. A Crystal roughly the size of a baseball, gleamed in the twilight.

Lysander picked it up gingerly, and held it up to the dying light of the sun, it rippled and sparkled like a pond on a windy day.

"Huh," he said turning back to the group, "Never seen anything quite like this before."

Midnight walked over to the Chansey knowing why it was there. It was a Mystery Dungeon Sign Up. The Umbreon filled the aplication?

Name: Midnight
Species: Shiny Umbreon
Level: 32
Bio: Im a Fast Umbreon who dosent talk much and likes to Battle. I cant Help but fight anyone who challenges me or say im weak, which is my downside in battles. Im not the Sharpest tool in the Shed either. But im good in competition though.

Trixie had no idea what to do as she waited for her acceptance. As another shiny walked over to the signups, a shiny she'd never seen before, and a stone was taken out of a vase, she kept turning her head to one, then the other, then back again. The stone was very intriguing, but she'd love to meet the only other shiny she's ever seen (apart from herself). What to do...? She kneaded her paws excitedly on the bench as her head whipped back and forth. Trying to calm herself, she realized that it was not possible. Uh oh.

I like this already!

Last edited:
Blitz cursed." Well I guess that just happened." He laughed and walked to the Lucario." What you said was kind of insulting. But you seem like someone I could rely on when things go wrong. I'd really like to be on your team." He smiled and stuck out his hand." Nice to meet ya. I'm Blitz." He grinned and his fur shuffled to reveal a thunderstone." I see you also have something special that you have as well. I like you."

"Uh, I'd like to get to know somebody before I put my life in their paws, no offense." He said biting back some harsh sarcasm. "On the other paw I just found this Crystal, it's not a Special thing. Actually I don't know what it is." He said setting it on the ground.

After a minite or two, 2 Badges were placed on the table. He grabbed one of the badges and placed it in his bag. Midnight took a glance at the other badge and application. He read a about a Shiny Lillipup age 10, and level over 56. "Uhh?" Midnight questioned. He was weaker than a 10 year old Lillipup. "Ugh." He shrugged and turned around to meet a blank stare. The lillipup he read about was sitting across from him.

It was rare to see another Shiny other than him. He slowly walked away not wanting to get in a fight. Midnight walked over to a Shoping Center. There were crounds of Pokemon, but none in paticular caught his eye. He walked to a stand and bought a Def. Scarf, and was on his way. While walking he heard yelling out of nowhere. It was coming from a buizel enraged. "Heh." He smirked walking toward the Buizel. "Hey." Midnight said, unclear if she heard him from her own rage.

Trixie caught a glimpse of her own application, which was in a shiny Umbreon's grasp. Her eyes widened in excitement, but when the Umbreon walked away, she looked down at her paws. Am I not good enough...? Well, I got in, didn't I? My dream is coming true! Y'know what? I'm going to prove myself to that shiny!

She's never seen any other shiny before, so she was very surprised to see one now. Maybe if I buy them something...? Walking into the Shopping Center, she saw the Umbreon buy a scarf. Hmm... what should I get...? Looking around, Trixie found the prefect present: a Roseli berry. Ooh, nice!

After buying the berry and putting it in a pocket of her Bag, she roamed around the Center, to see what was being sold. She looked for five minutes before finding her first Item: a Silk Scarf. This would look good on me! she thought, buying the scarf and wrapping it around her neck, continuing her search for helpful items. I wonder what else I'll find...?

"HAHA, mhusic ta mah ear's, yer mah kinda guy Mahtoasty!", Barry laughed, hearing Satoshi saying Barry could drink as much as he liked as he chugged his second drink, "bah da whey, ya know dats a White Rhussien rhight, it's ghot chream en it, it dhoesn't need ta be moar sweet, eheh!". None-the-less, he still finished Satoshi's drink the moment the Buizel pushed it away, he was planning on feeling good tonight! A few tables down, Shellgleam was slumped over and rubbing her head, though her interaction with Barry was relatively (and thankfully) minimal, she still felt the early signs of a headache coming on. Hopefully the Bidoof would drink his fill, pass out, then that friend of his would just drag his ass out. She didn't know why that Buizel decided to be his rescue partner, he seemed nice enough, too nice at least to deserve to be stuck with Barry as a partner. Maybe the water weasel believed he could "fix" or "help" Barry in some shape or manner. If so, then that Buizel was optimistic to the point of foolishness. She muddled deeper and deeper into her thoughts until a tap on her shoulder brought her back to reality.

"Huurrgn, what is it, if its alcho-OFFICER BAGGINS!", Shellgleam cried, immediately hopping off her chair and straightening herself up as she saw the appearance of the Trubbish officer.

"Shellgleam....", the Trubbish officer said, his voice stern, clearly he was not in the mood for chit-chat. Officer Baggins was known as a sort of "hard ass" among the guards and officers in the village, but also was very fair, even forgiving with people when they broke the laws of the village. Still, the stern expression on his face made if clear this was not one of those instances where he felt particularly forgiving.

"Um, pleasure to see you here, can I get you-?"'

"Did you card them?", Baggins said, tilting his head (bag?) towards Barry and Satoshi.

"W-what, oh that's just Barry everyone knows he's-"

"I meant Satoshi, the Buizel, you ARE aware he's 16 right, the drinking age in this village is 18, right?", the officer said flatly, causing the Wartortle to emit an audible gulp as sweat began to form on her brow. She was so wrapped up in dealing with Barry that she complete forgot to ask for Identification!

"Well, I uh, I mean, y-you see uh, I-In his village the drinking age is sixteen, and besides he's on a Rescue Team, s-surely that buys him some leeway, right?", Shellgleam stuttered.

"I'm sorry Ms. Gleam, but this is our village, not his, and this is the second time you've served someone who was underage, I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you up...", Officer Baggins words trailed off of Barrys ditsy mind, but one thing became clear to Gluppo.

"Ack, nhot aghin, if 'e decides ta rehepot us....", Gluppo said, his accent thick.

"Waht", Barry slurred.

"Vell, ve be closen earily fa shure, that is...", that was all Barry needed to hear from Gluppo to spring into action. No way in Hell was he going to miss out on a night of virtually limitless free drinks. He needed to create a distraction, thankfully, a Charmander just happened to walk in and hope into a booth (the bar also served some pretty decent Chicken Wings from what Barry heard) and was lazily hanging his tail from the side of the seat.

"Whatcha dis Mahtoasty ahma whork mah mahik en shave dis bar", Barry said to his Buizel partner as he slide from his seat and wobbled over to the Charmander.

"P-please Officer Baggins, can't you just let us off with a warning, even being closed for one weekend could do irreparable damage to-", Shellgleam stuttered as she pleaded with the officer, before being interrupted by.....

"EH EVERYONE CHECK DISH OUT, BIDOOF USED FHLAMETHORWA", Barry yelled as he put his rump right next to the Charmanders tail, his belly churned, and.....

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"LET ME GO, LET ME GO!!!! I'M GONNA KILL HIM! I'M GONNA KILL THAT F@#KING BEAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", Shellgleam yelled outside the smoldering remains of her newly burnt down bar. Gluppo and Officer Baggins were doing everything they could to hold Shellgleam back as Barry hid behind Satoshi.

"Well c'emon! I mhean, dere were TWO wader thypes in da bar, and da place stell whent up en fhlames, not mah fhault ya bhought da mhost fhlamable churtins en exsitence!", Barry said with more confidence then he should have. his words only made Shellgleam more....

"I'LL RIP YOUR ARCEUS DAMN THROAT OUT YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!", Shellgleam roared. Despite her efforts and the assistance of Satoshi, the blaze spread extremely quick and the entire place was ablaze before the fire-fighters could arrive. Thankfully everyone made it out alright (part of that could be thanks to Satoshi, Barry was the first to run out, screaming his head off too), but the bar couldn't be saved before the fire spread and consumed the entire building.

"L-listen, Miss Shellgleam", Officer Baggins stuttered, he had mention several times he was going to over look serving Satoshi after this incident, but it did nothing to quell her rage,"'it was an accident I'm sure, no one was hurt, I'm sure the insurance for your bar will be..."

"IT WON'T BE ENOUGH TO REBUILD MY BAR!!!!! I'm-I'm ruined.....AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT BARRY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!", Shellgleam roared, kicking and screaming, trying to break free off Gluppo and Baggins grasp.

"Uh, Mahtoasty, mahybe ya can talk to 'er, chalm er down, 'cause that's da 'fhourth angriest ah ever mhade shomeone. ah mhean, ya seem leik ah nice guahy 'hoes gud with whords, ken ya thalk some shence inta her, get 'er of mah bachk?", Barry said, looking at Satoshi with pleading eyes. He had a feeling that, if something wasn't done to soothe the Wartortles rage, Barry would have to leave town, because he was sure that Shellgleam would try to have him killed. He already had four other people (he didn't say Pokemon, because one was a squirrel who wanted him dead...long story behind that one), and he didn't want a fifth soul seeking his demise right now.

Last edited:
The Lucario turned and gasped as the Ball of flame rose into the sky, along with a plume of smoke. "God dammnit, Barry just blew up the Bar." He muttered taking the crystal, it was pulsing a deep purple now.

When he arrived on the seen it was too late. The bar was toast, as well as Barry's drunk ass. Satoshi looked horrified atleast that's what he though the expression was.

Satoshi was having fun, up until the point the gas of the Bidoof set the place a' blaze. It seemed almost instant, the flames consumed the building. Satoshi used his water gun, but it wasn't enough to lower the flames. His Hydro Pump would rip the walls apart. All he could do was grab some Pokemon and guide them out of the fire. Luckily there weren't many Pokemon inside.
Satoshi was surprised. That was the most fun he has had in forever. Satoshi's heart rate was pumping. THough he was concerned about the traumatized Pokemon of the bar, he was excited to know he had a buddy who knew how to have fun, though Satoshi knew he might regret this bonding in the future, Satoshi was also sick of being overly responsible and so, he decided to stick with Barry. Maybe talk him out of trouble a bit, or maybe... Satoshi thought while thinking over Barry's actions... Maybe trouble is all that would follow the two.
Barry seemed to feel bad for the Wartortle. Satoshi felt bad also. Satoshi walked up to Shellgleam and put his paw on her shoulder. "I know you're devastated..." Satoshi said, looking at the burnt building. "But maybe this is opportunity to start a new..." He said. He looked at the burnt building. He went in and found the last of his Poke. He walked over to Shellgleam. "This is all I have left. I have no need for it... you sure can use it though," Satoshi said sincerely. He looked calmly at the Wartortle, as if to say it'll be alright.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kia was calmed down just a bit. She heard someone say "Hey" and looked around. There was a shiny Umbreon calling for her. "Hey!" Kia called back.

"I have a question? Do you have a rescue team?" Midnight asked. If Midnight was too late there would be no one accepting him into thier team. He had to join a rescue team quickly before he fouldwnt join one at all. After a second there was a smoke coming from the Bar. There was pokemon escaping and the fire fighters have just arrived putting out the fire. There was also a Bidoof and another Buizel that stayed, while the others evacuated. "Hey do you know them?" Midnight asked.

Name: Akela
Species: Mightyena
Level: 60
Personality: loyal, playful, a bit aggressive
Bio: I was a young poochyena when my whole family was killed by a clan of cat pokemon, i managed to survive with a chipped ear and a scratch down my leg but im fine. I live on my own, killing any cat pokemon i saw, i was known as the Speed Demon for my speed and my demon like emotions... i have lived on to a Mightyena and i will serve anyone who respects me back.

I filled out the info, throwing it onto the desk, i was led to a room where i was left alone, there was a POKEMON sleeping on the bed, i guessed this pokemon would be my partner or just my roomate, i proceded to lay down on my bed, it was late and i was tired, i fell asleep after a while.

Kia shook her head. "I haven't found anyone so far!" She said, smiling. "I would be happy to joi-" She looked at the smoke. She sighed greatly. "Yes... sadly I know those two... They're going to make the time here much more painful than it was to be! I honestly don't even know how that beaver got in! Seems they'll let anyone in these days..." Kia looked towards Midnight. "My name is Kia, and yours?" She asked, holding out her hand for a hand shake.

Midnight reached his paw out to shake paws. "Midnight!" He answered. Midnight looked back at the other team. Her saying how the Bidoof got in made Midnight a little confident in himself being able to join, but the Bidoof being a pain in everyone neck made Midnight feel useless. "Heh. Anyway do you want to join my Rescue Team?" Midnight asked.

Nes surfed into the application center, trying to make a dramatic entrance, but ended up knocking over a plant. "Oh, sorry!" She said. She went on over to the desk and asked for a sheet.

Name: Nes
Species: Lapras
Level: 38
Bio: Hi! I'm an only child, my Mom is still alive but my Dad was a Ditto, and he died last year. I was trained for battles until I was released into the wild last Month.
Personality: I'm sweet, but I will not let anybody hurt me or my friends.
Other: I really like the taste of Berries.

Nes put her application in the box, got her badge, and headed off towards the water type section. She noticed the fire and put out the rest of it. She noticed a Buizel nearby, so she went and introduced herself.

Trixie watched the Umbreon ask another Pokemon to join his team. Disappointed by her tardiness to introduce herself, she walked into the main section of the shopping center, seeing a Lapras out of the corner of her eye put out a fire. Now desperate, she sat in the middle, asking people if they would join her team, no matter who they were. "Hey! Looking for a partner? No? Okay... Oh! Excuse me! Do you need a Rescue Team? No? That's fine... Hello there! Alright, don't notice me..." The berry sat in her Bag, waiting, just like Trixie.

Nes looks over at the Lilipup and smiles. She goes over and says hi. "Hello, my name is Nes, and I'm looking to be on a rescue team, and I hear your running one."

Trixie looked up to see a veerryy tall Pokemon she had never seen before, who asked to join her team. With sparkling eyes, she replied: "Hi, Nes! I'm Trixie! I am looking for a team, too, so if you'd like to join mine, be my guest! I'd love to have ya!" Her tail wagged so fast, it was a tiny tan blur.

Nes laughed, "I'll be on your team! You're a sweet little puppy who's twice my level. :) I'm about to head over to the... other bar to get some berries, wanna come?"

Nes surfed over to the bar near the mystery dungeons (The one that's not burnt to a crisp) with the Lilipup on her shell and orders. "I'd like 3 Bluk Berries, please." Nes looked over at Trixie and asked, "What would you like?"

"Hmmm..." Trixie thought, looking over the list of order-able Berries, before her eyes landed on a very tempting one. She couldn't stop herself from saying, "I'll take a Chople Berry, please! They're my favorite!" The Lillipup's smile took over her face.

"Wait, wha...?" Trixie questioned the disappearance of her Berry. Looking in all directions, she searched for a culprit, someone who could've possibly taken it.

Trixie's eyes widened, before squinting at the culprit: a Totodile, who ate her Berry not too far away. "Hey, buddy!" she called, catching the Totodile's attention. "That wasn't your Berry to eat, it was mine! Not like I want it now, though... You might as well finish it... But don't do it again!"

( @FeraligatrFan1414 There's a form you need to fill in, if you wanna join a Team. It's at the beginning of the RP.)

(I'm a shiny Lillipup.)

Status
Not open for further replies.