• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Jr. High

Grace yawned as she slowly strides down the hallways. Flash was busy trying to put static in the pool, so she and the Shinx left to return to Cinder. The hallways were quiet and peaceful. Grace was thinking quite hard at the moment. 'Well, what are my classes like? We will all be in the same classes so I don't have to worry about not knowing anyone. I'm horrible in any Physical activity, so I hope I'm not going to be doing that too much. Science however, yes please!' Her mind raced with random thoughts. As soon as she felt the presence of another person she stopped and watched the shadows. "So, why are you sneaking in the hallways?" She asked as she found the source of the shadows. To be honest, Grace was very confused. The person there was not on the bus. "Who are you?" Grace asked alert as Flash tried to sneak up on her.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
He hears a voice, talking directly at him, but his back was turned so the person doesnt get a glimpse of his face. "S-Sorry!" he exclaimed. he quickly dashes away before they could come any closer around the corner.
he quickly heads back towards his room, that's far back away from everyone else s room. he opens the door and closes it waking up his ekko and wave on accident. he turns to them patting his chest catching his breathe as best he can. he then falls to the floor leaning back on his hands. "I-I almost got caught.. t-that was bad, this was a bad idea why did dad bring me here." he sighs and looks over at ekko and wave walking to him and sigh. "i hope they didnt follow me."

Last edited:
"Well, now. Good strategy. Mine's better. TUNNEL UP WITH FIRE PUNCH!" Ember shouted, and Abby came up right behind the Chespin before sending the Grass-type flying with the super-effective move. "Now, ExtremeSpeed!" Ember shouted, and Abby returned to the flagpole.

Rocky clapped and cheered, but it was unclear who he was cheering for. His Chatot sang both names repeatedly, but also mentally recorded every word each person said and repeated it.

"Chespin, use bite!" She yelled. The abra was hit with the dark type move. "Now use bullet seed!" Tara exclaimed. She had to win this battle. For everyone she had ever known. She just had to win. She had to.

Abby flinched. Somehow, the grass-type had been able to predict where it would go. Ember was already passing strategies through its head. He shouted something intolerable, and Abby leaped to the ground, creating a cloud of dust. The bullet seed attack went in... but when the smoke cleared, there was only the Abra. Ember smiled.

Rocky went silent, confused. His Chatot also went quiet. It had landed on his shoulder, and they both leaned forward in anticipation. The phone in his pocket buzzed, but he didn't even flinch or reach for it.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
niko looks over and sees the eevee nuzzling his arm and he picks ekko up and strokes his head. "thanks ekko." he said to the eevee. he stands up and puts both his pokeballs on his belt and walks over to his sketchbook
he left out on his desk, he hears the door slowly open and a tall figure enters the room. "hey son" the man spoke. "..." niko turns to him not speaking. Niko dad is gary oak, gary is also one of the professors teaching at the school his umbreon walks up behind him. "have you met any of the new students who have come yet?" said gary. "no not yet.. i dont see the point im not one of them so who cares" niko slightly frowns and lets out a sigh. "im sure they'd still like to meet you son, come we'll greet them together ok?" he gestures niko to come. niko slightly squeezes ekko and wave his treecko sits cross legged on his head. "yea whatever.." Niko walks with gary to greet all the new children.

"Flash! No!" But it was too late.

The Shinx had already put static electricity in the Umbreon's fur, making it stand straight up. Grace dashed the scene with a horrified look on her face. Gray Oak. The Gary Oak's Umbreon was the victim of her Shinx's latest scheme. "I am so sorry sir...." Grace turned to the Umbreon. "I am so sorry to you too...." She added in despair.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
"hahaha he got you good huh blinx" gary laughed outrageously, as the funny look on umbreons face come to be by the static. "no its okay" he laughed petting her head. "your pokemon are fully of energy and excitement for a new place" he looked over and smiles at blinx. "Breeee!" umbreon shook himself to fix his fur and laughed as well.
niko slightly pears out from behind gary and slowly goes back to hiding behind him letting ekko out of his arms and wave jumps down to see whats going on himself. niko clenches his chain around his neck and blushes staying hidden.

"So, Mr. Oak what are you doing here? None of the kids said that you were their dad." noted Grace as she knelt down to pet the Eevee. "Aww! He's so cute! Don't you dare Flash!" Her tone quickly changed from soft to sharp as the Shinx attempted yet again to fill fur with static.

Grace looked towards her Shinx. "Why not do something productive and check on Cinder?" the mention of the Vulpix made Flash's ears perk and he gave a small "Shinx!" before padding off to Grace's room.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Gary smiles and he slowly turns exposing niko standing behind him and pets his head. "that's right, I'm not their dad I'm this shy boys father, meet my son Niko Oak." he smiled at her then at niko. Niko becomes slightly stiff looking down at his feet his hair slightly covering his eyes he grips his necklace and says not a single word to the girl. Ekko, walks back over to niko and climbs up him and wraps himself around his shoulder and purrs against his cheek. "urrrrr~". niko flustered up a bit at ekko and looks up, one of his eyes pops up from his hair the other one still covered. he feels the strong hand of his father rubbing between his light brown curly fro'd hair. "H-Hello.." he whispers lightly looking straight at her with his hazel nut eyes.

"Hey! I'm Grace. Nice to meet you... Niko was it?" she introduced, checking on the Shinx behind her shoulder. "That's the cutest Eevee ever!" Grace cooed as she admired the normal type Pokemon. "So, that was Flash and I have another pokemon; my Vulpix who's named Cinder." The student added quickly after a small moment of silence. "I'm here because my mom is Diantha the champion of Kalos. I used to live in Snowpoint before moving to Snowbelle. I'm just a cold person!" It was true though. Everywhere except for the snowy areas were too hot for her to handle. She even turned the AC in her room to 45 because it was so hot to her. Her sky blue eyes laughed at her joke, but not only laughter danced in her eyes, isolation too.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
niko looks at her without laughing and his eye looks at her then looks away.
"you dont have to laugh to hide that youre sorta lonely you know.." he said low enough that only the people around him can hear him. "yea.. welcome to the academy, this is my Ekko my eevee and Wave my treecko.. anyway we have to get going" he says. He walks past both his dad and the girl and Wave follows behind him. Gary laughs awkwardly and looks at grace and smiles. "Im sorry for the way he is, he really doesnt have friends he refuses to make them or get close to anyone i was hoping bringing him here would help him." he explains, then stands up. "would you mind helping gather everyone to the front for introductions?" gary asked.

"No, its ok.... I can help gather everyone up. Teal is out somewhere but everyone else to my knowledge is watching a battle." Grace informed. 'How in the world did he guess that I have never had too many friends?' Grace thought with a confused look on her face. "Well if he's here then he must make friends with everyone here because we are all in the same classes." She helped. "Anyways, I'll see if I can postpone the battle." Grace dismissed absentmidely.

Finally the student made her way out to the battlegrounds. "Hey, someone else is here. He couldn't ride the bus. Anyways, get off your rears, return your pokemon and lets go!" Grace teased as she called out to the other students.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Gary and niko both wait in the front hall of the academy. niko holds both ekko and wave in his arms, because they are still exhausted from yesterday. he let out a soft smile looking at them and leans his head on waves head. "Niko, please try to be nice to the other kids. I know it's hard but it's okay." Gary asked, then he gently lays head hand back on his hand running his hand thru his hair. "haha me and you were completely different as kids huh?" Gary chucked. "Whatever.. yea I know" niko said. "I'll try okay but I'm not giving you my 100." he looks away and wait's for the others to show up.

"Fine. But well resume afterward, " she said. She went up to Grace. She whispered, " is that other guy shy? I think I saw him when I was battling." Holding Chespin's pokeball, which he just went into, Tara went to the front, and saw the boy. He was the one she saw when she was battling. Tara went up to him. " Hi," she said softly, a little nervous and shy herself.

Rocky had gone to his room to change his pants to jeans, but didn't come out. When he did come out, some ten minutes later, he was wiping his eyes excessively, and they seemed red and puffy, like he had been crying.

Rocky's eyes were now Amber. He stiffened up and turned to Tara. "Y-ya! I'm fine. Fit as a fiddle," he stammered, looking to his left. Inferno padded around Rocky's legs, poking him with his nose as if trying to get him to say something.

"Ember, I know you like to battle and all, but I don't want to make a bad impression to THE Gary Oak. We'll finish our battle after this, I promise," Tara stated."Hi," she repeated shyly to Niko.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Niko looks up at the girl he spoke in a shy voice but sorta monotone."hello.." he said. he watched as people gathered up in main hall and he quickly woke up wave & ekko. then looks back at tara. "this is.. ekko my eevee and my treecko wave." ekko, rubs his paw against his face sees tara he quickly blushes and hops up into her arms purring against her. Wave pulls the eevee quickly out of her arms and drags him to the side of niko. niko's hair still covering one of his eyes, stands up infront of tara and holds out his hand slowly. "who are your parents..?"

"Ummm, Valarie. And let me introduce you to leaf, my Chespin," she said while releasing Chespin from his pokeball. "Ches, ches pin pin!," he greeted.

Rocky smiler faintly. Compassion. An emotion no one ever showed to him. His eyes became even more amber, all blue gone. They were empty, looking off in the distance, as if searching for something.

Tara looked at Rocky, and saw what was wrong. He had never had anyone be friendly to him. Just like the boy in the legend, she thought. But legends were legends. They weren't real, were they? She walked towards rocky,his eyes empty. "Did you ever hear about the legend of this school?"

Rocky shook his head slightly, Amber eyes fixing on her but still empty. "No, but tell me, now I'm curious!" He laughed. He looked a much higher up rank when he wasn't in PJs, he looked like the rest of the kids in the school but his goofy behavior didn't match.

"no." Responded Grace, unknowing that she was not the recipient of the question. What legend? This is just a really fancy-schamcy school is it not?" She added though a yawn.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
niko looks over at rocky and tara's chespin and lightly smiles but quickly hides it and walks behind his dad.
"niko.." gary said with a stern voice and stands up looking as most of the students have gathered in the main room but waits for the rest and smiles down at tara and rocky. "I see a hidden strength in you all and im glad you guys joined our academy im honored your parents are all very amazing people." he said with a kind gentle voice.

niko picks up his eevee and holds out a ball and asks wave if hell go in it for a while, wave nods and goes into his ball. ekko crawls onto ekkos shoulder and curls up around him, he pets his head and stays behind his dad and trys to not make eye contact with anyone, because of
his shyness and slight irritated state.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
gary lays his hand on the boys head and looked down at him. "i knew your parents rocky they were great people." he said gently rubbing his messy hair.
niko stares at rocky from behind his dad.
gary explained, " see you all will be here for a while or until you feel the need you dont want to be here any longer. so until then ill be your guardian."

Rocky nodded. His father had abandoned his mother when he learned she was expecting, but for a good cause, he's told. His mother, in his opinion, was the best human in existence. Then, their house was set ablaze, and she got trapped inside..... His sister, Nadia, his sister, grieved for a long time, seeming always angry at Rocky and embarrassed by him. Rocky seemed to show no emotion, only angering Nadia even more.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Niko walks over and faces rocky face to face them about the same height, niko's eyes turn brown and gray as he looks rocky in the eye. " you're.. pretty strong" niko said. gary raises an eyebrow looking at niko and then at rocky. "maybe.." niko thought to himself but then he walks past them and towards grace and tara and looks at them as well. "your levels are about equal.."he looks back at his dad. "youre just ugly.." he said lowly. Gary falls flat then stands back up. "Why you little brat.." he yelled. Niko closes his eyes and ignores him walking back off to his room before he could meet the others. "im leaving.." he said.

Ekko jumps down from nikos shoulder and walks over to rocky licking his pants legs then walks over to tara and grace and sits between them happily murring. "Eee~ Eee~" he murred.

Rocky cocked his head, then realized what he had meant. [ACK TRAINER NIKO I CANT FOCUS WITH THAT FANULOUS PIC] He looked at the floor. He jokingly flexed his arms to mislead the others.

"I can't be sure if that should be taken as a compliment or an insult...." Grace whispered to Tara. Rocky seemed to be displaying physical strength but equal in levels.... Grace is probably much weaker than Tara is. Her arms do nothing but lift 20 pound misbehaving Pokemon and her legs do much less than helping her do basic motor activities. A thump sounded behind her and her eyes grew wide with horror. "No! Don't do it!" Grace whipped around and felt her face warmed by the embers Cinder released. Quickly she patted down her hair to make sure it wasn't on fire and she picked the fire type up. "When will you learn?" She asked. Grace waved to Rocky and Tara, signaling that she should leave before the school is burned down.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Niko saw ember. slightly stare at him. "hey.. been a long time huh.." niko said but he kept walking right past him. "smell you later..". niko just didnt feel any mood to talk to you because of his slightly bad mood, to avoid argument he just said few words & kept going.

(you mean green fanulous pic? haha.. green/gary is my #1 favourite trainer)

gary laughed a bit. "no he's calls them as he sees them, he techniqually doesnt mean physical strength ether." he smiles. "you see niko's mom is actually sabrina, the physic gym leader, so niko has a small ability almost like a lucario he has an ability to sense aura from both human and pokemon. strength is determined by your aura thr stronger the flow the stronger the person and hes saying you both are about equal strength. so he may not be a choosen one like you 9 but hes actually suppose to be a great assest to you guys in finding and creating a strong team."

Last edited:
"Uh... bye." Ember said. Niko had always felt weird to him. "Anyways... oh, hey! Uncle Gary!" Gary had been nice to Ember, just like the pouffy-haired trainer's parents.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Gary smiles and looks down at ember as well. "hey nephew you've grown so big last time i saw you!." he pushes down on embers head and messes up his hair a lot. "Hows your dad and mom?"
he smiles big pulling back his hand and placing on hand on his hip slouching a bit. "did you see niko on your way here? been a while since you guys seen eachother as well huh?". Umbreon jumped on ember in happiness licking his face because he remembers him.

"1, Mom and Dad are great and 2, Niko just dissed me." Ember said, fumbling with his hair. "I used three cups of gel just getting it to be like it was! Mom insisted it!" the trainer said. Vui then dashed over to Gary. The little cutie loved Gary, and wanted to be near him at all times possible.