• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokèmon Island

Story
You and fourteen other Pokèmon have gathered on an island for what is sure to be the hardest game that they have ever played. They will need to survive on the island by helping each other. Each day or two, the owner of the island will pick the Pokèmon that has done the worst at surviving and he will kick them off the island. In the end there will only be one survivor.

To Apply
1. Your Species
2. All you need is your species...

Because I am an amazingly biased person, I will chose who gets into the game based on the species I like most. So, to increase your chances of entering the game take these suggestions...
1. I don't usually like incredibly powerful Pokèmon (Charizard, Dragonite, etc.)
2. Don't chose a legendary. Because I simply will not accept it
3. I am a huge fan of gens 1-4 (but I still love 5 and 6)
4. Alola Pokèmon will not be accepted unless it is an alola form
5. I like cute Pokèmon.

Rules
1. No swearing. Please.
2. Be realistic. Don't just post that your character magically gets a ton of supplies and can survive forever. If this happens I will simply assume that your character is hallucinating about the tons of supplies, therefore they are going crazy and will likely be kicked from the island.
3. Form a survival group, if you all work together it is likely going to be much easier to survive. So, make the game interesting and maybe venture off to a different part of the island with a friend
4. Lastly, sabotage is 100% allowed with my permission. PM me if you would like to sabotage someone and if I think it would be realistic for that to happen I will allow it. Sabotage increases your chances of winning.
5. Be funny. In fact I am such a horrible person that if someone is not funny enough I will kick them off the island. LOL JK. Hahahahaha. It's the other way around. If someone continues to annoy with accessive puns, then I will get angry sand come to the island myself to sabotage you.
6. PM me with questions
7. Whoever joins first will get to start first.

Jax, as the loner Zangoose likes to call himself, crawled over roots and stumps as he looked for his next meal. Being stranded on an island your choices are very limited and Jax has sadly come to the realization of that throughout the years. He's tried again and again to feed off of only berries and such but every now and then his instincts kick in.

His ears perked up and his hair stood on ends as he heard a small twig break. He turned his head quickly to the left to see a Pidgeotto building a small nest around its two eggs. Jax reared back and launched towards the Pidgeotto scaring it off quite easily with a small chuckle. He turned towards his meal and snatched one of the eggs and ran off somewhere privately to enjoy it. (OOC: In case any of you are wondering, Zangoose is based off a Mongoose, which eats eggs. And two, I hope you've come to terms with the fact pokemon eat each other. Sad but true.

(OOC: Would it be wrong to RP as that particular Pidgeotto? Probably, but here it goes)
'No' thought Pidgeotto as she returned to her test 'not them' one of her eggs was gone, probably taken by that horrible Zangoose. She knew it was not save on this island, but she had flown around everywhere near the island, and not a single other island was found. The most she could do was protect her egg.

She continued to build her nest, and when it was done, sat on the lone egg to keep it warm and safe.

vulpix was tired and hungry.Looking for food,he finally found a tree full of sitrus berries.He tried to climb the tree,but he just couldn't get the berries.Then,he saw an alolan vupix.He asked the other vulpix for help,and they both had a big meal.(I know this isn't much,but it's all I could think of typing.)

Donny was a adventurous and friendly teddiursa who had awoke under a tree on a strange island. Donny had no idea where he was so he decided to look for any other pokemon.

Last edited:
Jax kept dashing through the foresty area, his mouth slightly beginning to water until he came upon his usual spot. It was a wrecked airplane that looked like it has been there way longer than himself. Vines wrapped themselves around the plane tightly and rust had been slowly devouring it. Nonetheless, he eased his way into through the door less entry and sat himself in the middle of the hallway. There, he began to feast on the egg.

Ema, the fairly large kangaskhan, turned her gaze toward the coconut tree in front of her. She sighed, knowing there was no way she would be able to make her way up the trunk safely. Though, judging by the soft wiggles in her pouch, she quickly realized, Bow was awake. Bow, was her son - A rather small cubone, of which was once abandoned. She set the small, eager pokemon down on the sand. It only took the small cubone a few moments to knock down two of the coconuts - then, he lost his grip, but- luckily, fall into his mother's arms. Ema stuffed Bow into her pouch, since either way she was uncomfortable with the surroundings- it was certainly.. new. Then, she headed off.

Ema blinked, laughing a bit, as she lowered herself down more so, to the teddiursa's level. "Hm, well, " She said, giving the other a smile. "I'm not too certain, myself. " She said. "But, little one, you're welcome to come with me. I'm certain someone must know where we are."

"Well, " Ema said, turning her gaze to the small body in her pouch. He was pointing north. She laughed, and nodded. "Bow here says we'll be heading north, for the time being. " She then returned her gaze to the teddiursa. "My name's Ema, " She said, as Bow quickly popped up from the pouch, finally becoming visibly. "And this is Bow."

Jax slowly made his way out of the plane stretching and licking his claws clean. "Did that hit the spot!" He thought to himself. He began making his way through the dense forest again, passing all sorts of plants, flowers, and small bug pokemon that naturally inhabited the island. He stopped in his tracks as he heard some voices. One young and one very mature and grown. He walked slowly towards the sounds and peeked around a tree to see a fully grown kangashkan and two other baby pokemon. "What the.." he asked himself. "How the hell did they get here.."

Ema perked up having heard another's footsteps. She arose, turning her gaze toward the zangoose. "Hello? " She asked. The small cubone quickly dipping into the pouch. Mostly out of instinct.

The Alolan vulpix had left the other vulpix.Now the [non-alolan]vulpix was alone.He heard some strange voices from the south.Then the vulpix saw a kangashkan,a tediursa,and a zangoose.The vulpix went up to them and said,"hello."(Again,not much,but whatever)​

(ANNOUNCEMENT BY ME:blue typing means alolan form pokemon and red typing means non-alolan)

Last edited by a moderator:
"How did you get on this island.. I don't recognize any of you." He said with his dark raspy voice. His neck hairs stood on end almost as if expecting an attack. He stayed behind the tree, eyeing down the unfamiliar pokemon.

"Well, " Ema said, "I just ended up here. " She shrugged softly. "Both my Son, Bow, and I honestly would just love to get back home. " Ema said, turning her gaze briefly toward the sky. "Course, i'm not too certain where my "home" is."

"if you want,I could try and help you survive here until you're able to get home",said the vulpix,"its pretty hard finding food when there are so many pokemon on this island eating it all."

"And I have been here zangoose,"the vulpix said,"How did you get here?i've never seen you here before."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jax's ears perked up being called. "I've been here for years. I was being transported across regions when the plane I was in crashed. So ever since I've been living my days out here surviving the best that I can.

Pidgeotto heard Vulpix talking. "I was born here" she said "it was peaceful until this person" she indicated Jax "came and began to steal my eggs"

Jax growled at the Pidgeotto, "It's always peaceful here! Plus I was just doing what's necessary for survival." He stared her down intensely. "If I ate pokemon, which I don't, what makes you so sure you'd be around right now? I only eat eggs.. it's in my blood."

"I know" Pidgeotto said "But you are basically eating my UNBORN CHILDREN!" Pidgeotto began to use gust, before realising that she was dealing with a dangerous predator and stopped.

Jax let out a low growl, holding back his anger. He went down on all fours and turned away from the group. "I'm going back to my plane.. I don't need this." He said hissing towards the Pidgeotto.

Ema then stood in between the Pidgeotto and Jax, speaking up. "Hey- hey, everyone relax. There's no need to fight. " Ema spoke, "Together we can do much more than survive. We can thrive. " She said.

Fraser the Tyrogue slowly started opening his eyes slowly and started to come into consciousness, he started to hear the waves of the ocean beside him and the feeling of sand on the side of his face. He sat up and tried to gather his thoughts. However, he could not. Fraser had lost his memory apart from what kind of Pokemon he is and his name, whilst he sat their in his confusing thoughts he started to hear yelling in the distance he looked up and saw a forest and saw a Pidgeotto flying around and decided to stand up and go towards the commotion to possibly answer some questions.

"I've been surviving here most of my life all alone and I'm as healthy as any other Zangoose. How will banding together with Pokémon who don't know where they are possibly help me survive better than I am now?" He stayed on all fours in almost defensive stance occasionally glancing at the Pidgeotto.

"For once I agree with him" Pidgeotto said "if we stay apart it is better for both of us" Pidgeotto glared at Jax "and much better for my children"
(OOC: I feel like this is a conversation that these two have often)

"Hiya sorry to interrupt, but where are we and does anyone know how I ended up here?" Fraser asked whilst itching his head. As he asked that question to the group instantly felt pain in his head and his chest and fell to the floor and was barely conscious.

"I have lived here all my life and survived just fine" Pidgeotto said "even after Jax crash landed on the island a few years back. It is strange that there are so many new Pokemon here. I understand one or two if they are just very good at hiding or pretty unlucky, but so many at the same time?"

Fraser the Tyrogue managed to barely stand and said "Well I lost my memory of everything before today so I can't answer that question, I have to many to ask before I start answering" Fraser chuckled

Fraser took a moment to answer because of the pain he was in. "I remember my name is Fraser and the fact that I'm a Tyrogue. I do not know where I am, how I ended up here, anyone I've ever met or any events that occurred before me waking up on the beach a moment ago" Fraser looked to his feet in distress then slowly waddled over to a tree and sat down at the bottom of the tree.

The introvert Zangoose slowly sat down and sighed, as it seemed more and more Pokémon began appearing from basically no where. Even pokemon who wouldn't naturally strive in this type of environment. In a low growl, and obviously sarcastic attitude, Jax spoke up. "Okay well who's next in line?" He asked, referring to the fact that pokemon are appearing one by one.

"I guess the most we can do at the moment is stick together and try and survive" Fraser looks up at Jax then at Pidgeotto "Okay maybe not," Fraser paused a moment in thought. "Is there an area on this island which doesn't have many Pokemon living at?" Fraser asked "Because the newcomers to the island could possibly make a group and set up camp there whilst being out of the way of all the natives such as Jax."

A pair of red eyes watched the gang and slowly reappeared from transparency "i guess that may be me next to appear, am i not wrong?" It was a Mismagius, a ghost type pokemon; They made a crooked smile, this pokemon always had a mischievous nature. "Howya do little pokemon? I'm Magjia."

Jax's ears perked and his hairs stood on end as the newcomer called him out. "I'm sorry run that by me one more time. Out of the way? Are you assuming I'm some sort of monster?" He glared angrily towards the Tyrogue. "I may be a native. And I may not fully enjoy all these new comers but I can assure you I'm no outcast monster."

Jax heard a recognizable voice of a ghost Pokemon he sees on occasion at nightfall even though he's never had the slightest interest in introducing himself. "Are you aware of all these Pokémon appearing out of no where with no memory of where they're from."

"aye no..i haven't.. thats why i've just been watching, been wonderin myself why they are here... or if they had a clue. so no I don't have any clue why they are here..." She looked at the pokemon

"This is creepy" Pidgeotto said "How could so many Pokemon appear here in such a short time?" Pidgeotto thought about the that "Although I guess there must be an explanation" she thought "Maybe a boat full of Pokemon crashed nearby? Magic? A legendary Pokemon?"

Sasha the Shinx watched the group of Pokémon. She wondered if she should join them. Sasha heard the Pidgeotto's question. The Shinx approached the group. "Huh. Interesting question. I wish I knew the answer." she said.

"Legendary Pokémon.." Jax chuckled to himself. "They're a myth. Nothing more than legends created by our ancestors to keep us in line." He lifted his paw, admiring his claws and rubbing dirt and grass off of them, trying to get their shine back as he continued talking, "I won't believe it until I see one for myself."