• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Hunger Games (Pokegames)

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Pokemon adventure! What’s better than that? Cheesecake...Well, anyway. This is a Pokemon Hunger games. I haven't read the series myself (I know, I HAVE to read it) but I know stuff about it. So here’s the deal.

Pokemon trainers and one pokemon enter the games by choice.-It’s open! Your choice!

The challenges are poke only, meaning the trainers have to challenge pokemon bosses the trainers come upon.

No legendary pokemon.- We can’t have one trainer be the master at this, even Katniss wasn't a master.

Your characters have to be in the age span of 15-22

Hair colors- Any normal hair colors, the colors of the rainbow, and even pink is accepted. A color shade, like ombre hair, is OK but not more than three colors.

There are pokemon to catch on your journey.-Bring 1 pokedex, 6 pokeballs (With 1 filled), a bag/backpack filled with few food and clothes.

Teams are allowed.

You do NOT kill other people or pokemon.- Just get across the pokemon bosses and your done! (You don’t know how much bosses there are.)

Azure laughed as she walked up the the stand to enter the pokegames. Her absol was nudging her forward through the line. "Aifos!(pronounced: I-fos) Stop, we have to wait in line just like everyone else!" Aifos stopped and stared at her. "Don't look at me like that!" Azure cried. But the truth was, there was only two other people in line, and they were looking for directions to the Pokemon park. As the two trainers walked away, Azure sighed and took out her pokedex. "Hi, i'll like to sign up for the pokegames." she said. The woman behind the stand took Azure's pokedex and scanned it. "Your all ready!" The woman said. Azure smiled, took her pokedex, and started the trek back home. The keys gingled against each other while Azure fumbled to open the door to her apartment. Aifos pushed the door and it opened slowly. Azure nodded and walked inside. "Aren't you exited?" She asked Aifos. Azure pulled out some pokemon food and set it down for Aifos to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, we're in." Brett said. He had just registered for the PokeGames. His Joltik was by his side. The small thing let out a huff. "I know, it's gonna be exhausting. But we didn't do all that speed and power training for nothing! We can do this!" Brett was attempting to be positive, but Joltik gave him a face. Brett responded in kind.

"Well I guess this is it" Jones said. He tightened his headband while his kirlia laughed. " this fighting type team is ready." He knows kirlia is not a fighting type but hopes it becomes a gallade. He only cafes if his pokemon is happy however.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Aifos ate while Azure gazed boredly at the computer screen. Click "There's no tips." She said. Click "No advice! These people are crazy! How are we going to win without advice?" Aifos turned and stared at her. "Okay. I'll calm down." Azure pulled her hair in a messy bun and stood up. "Let's go train before tomorrow." Azure said. Aifos stood up and followed her out the door. They stopped at the town's battlefield.

Last edited:
"We 'outta give these city and competitor folks a run for their lives!" Venoct said, grinning at his Weavile, who was grinning back at him. They had just signed up for the Pokegames.

"Ok Weavile. Just wanna make sure you put this goal in your head. At least top 8. I 'outta be happier than a man who won a million bucks!" Venoct said, with an evil grin as Weavile nodded.

Venoct seemed like a country bumpkin, and he is, but...he has a dark side.

"Ahah...of course we are gonna make any attempt to nudge ourselves into 1st...We tested our combos..." Venoct said, with a bad aura around him "We are gonna do anything we can to get these folks running away faster than a cheetah! Last-minute training time!" Venoct said, with him and Weavile racing off.

((May I join?))

"Feral, Training?" Vivien asked her Mienshao who was walking next to her. The Dragon type nodded and burst off flying in the direction of the Training field not far from their current location. Vivien, who likes to be called Vivi, bolted after her Dragon type as amazing speeds. She was known for her quick thinking and spectacular physical abilities, thats why she entered the Pokegames. The only deal was that....

"Feral, where are we?" Vivi called to Feral who looked equally confused as to where they were. They went this way from the sign ups....that way from there..... "Ugh! Fine World! I admit that I'm lost!" Vivi fumed in frustration.

The large dragon landed next to his trainer, wide green eyes glowing in humor and utter pity for Vivi. Around his neck was a purple scarf displaying a picture of an egg. Vivi grew up in a pokemon ranch, so that was no surprise.

"Hmmm, seems I may have miscalculated for this little event. No matter. Ready to go Typhlosion?" Sub asked his Pokemon. Typhlosion nodded his head in agreement.

"Good. If that is the case, then we are all set to crush the competition."

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Azure stepped inside and Aifos followed her in. "OK, Aifos. Let's train." Azure nodded to the battlemaster and walked to the training area. The door clicked open at Azures slight touch. "Azure?" A voice asked. Eyes peeked from the crack from the open door. Ab Ab Sol? Aifos asked. "Who's there?" Azure asked questioningly. The door opened and a boy with dark brown hair opened the door. "Max! Hey! What's up? What are you doing here?" Azure asked all together. "Unova became to small. I came here." Max said. Max was a friend from the Unova region. "Hey, let's train." Azure said. The rest of the day Max and Azure trained with Aifos and Emer, Max's Zygarde.

(So... we should probably interact with each other.)
Brett and his Joltik were training. The human held up a wood plank. "Smash this." he said. The Joltik crushed it with Headbutt, sending small pieces of wood everywhere.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Azure noticed a boy and a joltic training. "Hi!" she said. Aifos also said hi. Ab, Ab. Azure smiled and pet Aifos. Max waved a hi and kept training with Emer.

[OOC: Yea ill interact, but when are the games gonna start?]

Suddenly a bright white claw came in, and in a few seconds, all the small pieces of wood on the left side of Joltik were shredded into, well, shredded bits, with a Weavile revealing himself.

"Good accuracy Galactic!" Venoct said, patting the Weavile on the head, then noticing a man with a Joltik. Venoct walked up to him.

"Hello! The names Venoct with my Weavile, Galactic. Sorry about the surprise slashes there. Those wooden bits would've scratched Weavile harder than 10 sharp claws! Anyway, I assume your entering the Pokegames too?" Venoct said, gesturing towards Joltik

"Seems more people are showing up. We probably should get started. Any objections, Infernostar?"

*Infernostar shakes his head*

"Cool, then let's get some practice work done. Hit me with your best shot."

*Infernostar uses Flame-Wheel, tackling Sub*

"N-not bad, But I don't feel the burn quite as much."

*Stops Infernostar, and slams him into the ground*

"Not good enough Infernostar. More fire next time."

" alright, lets do this." He holds kirlias hand." Are you ready?" Kirlias nods. He then walks forward, eating a sandwich, waiting for this to get ready. He then sees the weavile. " hello, names Jones, and this is my male kirlias, ESK."

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
The next day Azure woke to the sound of pidgeys tapping her window. "Stop..." She muttered. Then. It hit her. she pulled out the alarm. "No! I'm late! I can't be late to the Pokegames!" She screamed. After changing into some clothes, packing her stuff, and pulling a granola bar from the counter, Azure and Aifos made their way downtown until they got to the entrance to the pokegames.

"Hello!" Venoct said, facing Jones. "Bad timing. I gotta head over to the entrance to the Pokegames. I wish you and your Kirlia though, good luck." Venoct said, walking off.

He looked super-nice, but he had negative vibes all around him. "Two unevolved forms entering the Pokegames? When the rules said there will be boss battles? Those two trainers and their weak Pokemon 'outta get squashed FLAT and FAST" he thought

He realized he needed to go too. " come in kirlias, we must win." The kirlias was excited. They did warm ups then they were.

They will think I am weak with a kirlia, but they don't know what this kirlias is actually capable of, plus that weavile looks like it is weak, I can take em.

"Allright Infernostar, today's the big day. Now let's crush the competition."

*Sub and Infernostar arrive at the entrance to the games*

"Seems not everyone is weak afterall. Good, I look forward to a real competition."

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Azure stopped and heaved, trying to catch her breath. Sol. Ab. A sol. Aifos was encouraging her. Azure nodded and turned to the doors. The mayor was standing at the podium, dressed in a fine blue suit. A ton of people were crowded around. "So, let's introduce out competitors! Azure and her absol, Aifos! (@Bluefeather ) Brett and his joltic! (@Eeveechu151 ) Jones and his Kirila! (@Creepypasta56 ) Vencot and his Weaville! (@Zealous_Zenith ) Vivien and her meinshow, Feral! (@Shadewing ) Sub and his typhlosion, Infernostar! (@Subzero7 ) Welcome to the pokegames!"

Last edited:
Brett stepped out into clear view. He had built up a small fanbase, so there were signs like 'Shock them up!' and 'Never underestimate the Jolt!' Brett smiled. His fans were so proud to know him. And yes, he knew his fanbase personally. He goes to meetings with them every third sunday.

This will be a moment he could never forget. He was in the pokegames! He was so excited, but still focused. "Ready kirlias." Kirlias nods. "Then let us win this poke match!"

Venoct suddenly started receiving pats on the backs, waves and people saying good luck. Venoct thought, "Am I really this popular?" He then said, "It doesn't matter. What truly matters, is that we destroy these people and make sure they ain't gonna get back up again!" Venoct said, with Galactic agreeing.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
The mayor paused. "I hope you all follow the rules carefully. Now, when you defeat a boss pokemon, you will revive a charm. Once you get all, you win." Azure cheered along with the other fans. "Good luck! Now, without further ado, let's open the doors!" The old oak doors opened slowly. Behind the doors was a huge green forest, thick with undergrowth. Azure smiled and ran in with Aifos. All the fans and people watching screamed happily as the challengers stepped in.

Venoct walked right in with Galactic, casually. "Let's make this battle be better than any other!" Venoct said, all of a sudden sprinting. You can see the amazing amount of determination in his eyes.

-Forty-five minutes later-

Venoct sat down on a large rock with Galactic. He took out a few berries and garlic bread from his pocket and gave all the berries to Galactic.

"We've been walking for a while, how about we rest?" Venoct said, with Weavile nodding and munching on the berries. Venoct looked happy and calm but in his mind he was angry.

"Where are the boss Pokemon? We've been walking for 45 minutes and haven't run into a single person or anything but rocks and trees for that matter. I want a challenge. I ain't gonna get 1st if there ain't no competition!"

"You know, if you want to succeed around here, you gotta keep moving."

*Leaps down from a nearby tree with Infernostar, who appears to be holding a massive amount of berries*

"Stopping to rest is going to get you nowhere."

"Kirlias use psychic" he grabs berries with psychic and lifts them down. "Alright we need these , grab what's needed." They grab berries needed. He than said " alright,, now we need to go." He then runs to the other trainers. " well more trainers.", he said " lets go see then.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
AHEM.

Just jumping in to inform some people here, notably Subzero7, that we do not RP in script format but in story format, past tense. Read the rules. Next time, there will be an official warning.

[OOC:Understood @StellarWind Elsydeon ]

After five minutes, Venoct shoved the last peice of garlic bread in his mouth. "Alright Galactic we gotta go. Those charms ain't gonna collect themselves!" Venoct said, and Weavile nodded in agreement as he stuffed his berries in his mouth too. They sprinted deeper into the forest.

After an hour of walking, Venoct and Galactic stopped, and took a good look at their surroundings. "Let's see...trees....trees...rocks...trees...rocks...cave....wait cave?! Bingo!" Venoct said, pointing to a stone cave in the distance. "It's looks really shady, but if we can find any source of boss Pokemon or at least a shimmer of hope, it's there!" Venoct said "Galactic! Don't let your guard down! There's nothing to it! Let's do it!" "Weav! Weav!" Weavile said, as the two ran towards the cave.

Brett had been running for about an hour. "Good thing I brought the map with me, huh?" the boy said. His pokemon responded by saying; "Jolt!" However, they now saw their goal. "The abandoned docks! There's bound to be a water-type boss here!" He dashed forwards with increased speed. Plus, he could probably find some supplies there. Supplies were always helpful.

(OOC: OK, sorry. I naturally write in scripting format, and I didn't realize that it was such a problem.)

Sub was getting sick this environment. Both him and Infernostar had been traveling over the treetops for hours, without a single sign of anything. He stopped moving waiting for Infernostar to catch up when he caught the scent of something. "Wait a minute...That smells like fire! Let's find the source Infernostar!" They two nod their heads in agreement and run towards the source of the smell.

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Azure smiled. "Let's take the left." Azure and Aifos treked on.
*Later*
Aifos and Azure were sitting on the grass. "This, is life." Azure said. Aifos nodded and ate her food. Then, a Boom interupted their chat. A gengar pushed through the trees. Gen..GAR! Ab sol! Aifos ran up and used pressure.

Venoct and Galactic went deeper into the cave. They eventually found a giant rock made of steel. "Why is there a steel rock here?'' Venoct said aloud, but then shrugged and sat on it. ''Let's see...we came into this cave from there...then there's two paths there..."all of a sudden Venoct heard and felt rumbling. He suddenly went wide-eyed like Weavile and clutched the steel rock. ''What in tarnation?! Wait...boss Pokemon incoming!'' Venoct said, suddenly realizing that the ''metal rock'' he was sitting on with Weavile was an ENOURMUS Steelix.

"Oh my Arceus..." Venoct said

Last edited:
Brett threw open the lid of a chest, grabbing at the items inside. He snagged three potions, a burn heal, two antidotes and an X-Attack. "This'll be helpful!" he said, placing all the items in his backpack. Then he saw a barrel. Tipping it open, he was relieved to find it full of fresh water. He grabbed some empty water bottles and took all the water he could. This was a great decision! After all, supplies are usually rare! he said. Especially potions and antidotes! He then spotted a desk with four drawers. Most of the drawers were empty, but he found an escape rope and an ether in the last. "YES!" he shouted. "We're on a roll, Jolt!" The Joltik was staring off the pier into the water. Brett could see the tiny Pokemon had spotted something. Only a few seconds later, three Golduck bounded out of the water. "Finally!" Brett said. "A challenge!"

Bluefeather

Formerly pokeLPS
Azure screamed and hid behind a tree. Aifos rolled her eyes and used mind jack, hurting the gengar strongly. Azure finally got hold of herself and shouted. " Aifos, let's do this! Use mach claw!" Aifos responded with one of her nods and did the move. The gengar responded with a roar and a thump on the ground.

"Joltik, use Headbutt!" Brett said. The tiny creature bashed into one of the Golduck, sending it flying into another. The third Golduck jumped up from behind, but the tiny creature made it faint with Thunderbolt. The water-psychic type fainted, but the other two rushed forwards. Brett smiled, as he and Joltik engaged the other two.

Sub and Infernostar arrived at the source of the fire they smelled, it appeared to be a burnt out campfire. "Stay on guard Infernostar, something doesn't feel right." Infernostar shifted his gaze until he suddenly used flamethrower on a nearby tree, causing a Larvesta to fall out of the tree. "...Wait, a Larvesta? They aren't that good at starting fires, unless...OH GOD". Sub turns around to see a very angry looking Volcarona appear above the trees.

Venoct immediatly scrambled for ground that was not a boss Pokemon. Once he was on the ground, he initiated in battle.

"I should've found a boss Pokemon that Weavile isn't weak to. Oh well. Galactic Power-up punch!"(Yes Weavile can learn power-up punch, I checked.) Venoct said. Weavile nailed his hit, not only tripping the Steelix to the ground,but increasing Weavile's attack.

The Steelix quickly got up, and launched an Iron Tail straight for Galactic, but Weavile dodged it way too easily. "Galactic, Power-up punch again!" Galactic nailed another one at him, raising his attack to great heights.

"Alright your attack is ready. Take em' down! Shadow Claw!" Weavile nailed that hit too, and with the +2 attack power, the move did legendary damage, but the Steelix got up again.

"No wonder he's a boss. Finish him Galactic! Night Slash!" Galactic did, comepletely knocking the Steelix out. He got up again, and fled deeper into the cave, leaving a charm behind.

"Bingo! Nice job Galactic!" Venoct said, picking up the charm. "I think the others might've already got their first charm. No rest. Hustle!" Venoct said, with the two hurrying out of the cave

The aqua charm hung around Brett's neck, his over-stuffed supplies bag over his shoulder. "That was way too easy!" he said to his partner. "I hope we come across a REAL boss soon. However, he saw something in the distance. A forest fire? The trainer and his Pokemon rushed to the source, hoping to find another boss.
(HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE)

Subzero and Infernostar leap back as Volcarona uses Heat Wave. "Infernostar, we are gonna need some real fire power to take that beast down. Ready?" Infernostar nods and prepares for battle. "Infernostar, Rock Tomb!" Infernostar summons several large boulders and hurls them around Volcarona. Volcarona counters by using Quiver Dance to increase its stats. "Infernostar, let's end this. Thunder Punch!" Infernostar's arm becomes electrified as he plants his fist into Volcarona, slamming it into a nearby tree and causing it to faint. "Looks like all that type coverage training has been paying off, Infernostar."