• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon GO GDC Conference Cancelled

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
228081_Pokemon_Go_logo.png
Early last month it had been announced that there would be a short conference about Pokémon GO at the Game Developer Conference later this month. Sadly, it has now been confirmed that the conference has been cancelled.

As of right now there are no details as to why the conference will no longer be going ahead, but we'll update if we find out more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is disappointing. I hope this doesn't mean the app is being delayed. Maybe we'll get some information on Pokémon Go during the Direct today.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
@Stelluna As far as anyone knows, the game is still in development. There's a lot of reasons why the conference may have been cancelled, most of which won't have anything to do with the game.

That said, it's been a long time since we've heard anything about it...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
It's just been reported that "the cancellation is in order for Niantic [GO's developers] to focus their efforts on preparing the game for beta test and launch." Which actually makes sense – it takes a long time and a lot of work to build a demo for a presentation like this.

It's just been reported that "the cancellation is in order for Niantic [GO's developers] to focus their efforts on preparing the game for beta test and launch." Which actually makes sense – it takes a long time and a lot of work to build a demo for a presentation like this.
@Teapot so we might conclude that a beta testing is going to be released in the near future?

I heard they were going to release the game sometime between March and May. Me and my fellow gamers at my school are wondering if those rumors are true

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I heard they were going to release the game sometime between March and May. Me and my fellow gamers at my school are wondering if those rumors are true
Short answer is that we have absolutely no idea. It doesn't seem like it's going to be soon, but any speculation at this point is just that – speculation. We'd be guessing.

My half-educated guess would be that we probably won't see it before May, but I have been wrong before and I shall inevitably be wrong again. Read anything you see with a good deal of scepticism until we get an official release date announcement.

RafuRum

Formerly Raf-A-Rum
I kinda understand the cancellaton of the conference... to be fair they are working on a somewhat impossible project... :\

This is a disappointment, but hey, the game's hard to make. The overall concept and gameplay of Pokémon GO is so complex for a mobile game. I'll just say, Japan is starting to field test GO in Japan, major announcement. I can't wait to see what Pokémon GO will look like at launch. And I'm sure that Nintendo will be racking up da moneyz!

Yeah, i think it's just looking at your phone, kinda like a camera, and puts 3D models of Pokémon there. Maybe it's holograms; we don't know.

But anyway, get excited for
search

wait how do i do that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this means there not canceling it. My friend and I were hyped for the game since it was announced. I would be sad if they canceled it. :(

oh too bad and i'm really hype of this well i'm hope what happen on the pokemon go is gona fix up and get start again i'm have faith on this sure about this