• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Get TV Shares Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Footage

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
82453_BnChAigCAAEIC_L.png
Pokémon Get TV has just finished airing in Japan and as expected has brought with it a little bit of footage from Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. The footage showed Groudon and Kyogre getting ready for battle and activating their abilities. Said footage has been uploaded to the official Pokémon YouTube channel and can be seen below:

After the footage was shown the Pokémon Get TV team pointed out the differences between Groudon and Kyogre's original artwork and the artwork being used for the Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire box art. This could be implying that the new artwork being used for the two is showing them in different forms or Mega Evolved, but only time will give us the answer to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, I noticed that they were different from the original! So I guess it'll be like X and Y, with the 3d graphics. I wonder what new region it'll be in...
;)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can't believe I am this legitimately angry by two seconds of video footage.

Emerald fixed everything that was broken about R/S' storyline and surprise surprise, they seem to disregard that and pull Groudon out of the Undersea Cave in the same utterly nonsensical manner they did in Ruby.

You had one job, Gamefreak. One job.

Honestly, this pretty much killed my interest in this remake. I know it's probably a bit early to judge - for all we know they might pull off some miraculous recovery with some glorious new mega forms for something or making Hoenn look really good in 3D... but I honestly don't allow myself to hope for anything about this remake anymore. We'll see where it goes from now.

I was all excited for nothing, but I'm still going to get the games though

Sneak Peek Rating: 1.5 stars, 'cause it was disappointing

Last edited by a moderator:
I am upset. Only a total of one minute of more footage will fix this. And I mean good footage, looking at what StellarWind said.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Now that I've actually seen a comparison of the new artwork and the regular Kyogre and Groudon, there's actually very little changes to these two. Just a few glowy parts and some extra symbols. Still excited to see what they are, though. ^_^