• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL RELEASE DATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The anime really DID shoot themselves in the foot...@_@

Exactly! We have only nine episodes left and the last Advanced Generation episode managed to air in Japan only one week before Diamond and Pearl's Japanese release. Ugh! What was Cartoon Network thinking anyway?

Exactly! We have only nine episodes left and the last Advanced Generation episode managed to air in Japan only one week before Diamond and Pearl's Japanese release. Ugh! What was Cartoon Network thinking anyway?

Lucky you, unlike us here in Canada (God YTV is pissing me off) anyway Hurray! for a release date. I was guessing around early May but April is even closer (which means it's even BETTER!!!! ^_^)

Yeah...but I was guessing February. *sigh* Well, maybe "guessing" was the wrong word..."hoping," more like it. I mean, we have 125 days to go...that's...relatively close to a third of a year. A third of a year ago...I hadn't even started to new school year yet. And let me tell ya, it's been a long almost-semester.

Sigh.

T_T

And seriously...rinok, how do you get off saying "finally arrived"? XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Huh... So, where exactly is this on Pokemon.com? I haven't been able to find it either o.O

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Pokemon.com retconned it out. Replacing it with spring later. In other words, they made another cockup in releasing the info too early.

29eru2x.jpg

This is where it was before they edited it again.

So this explains why I couldn't find it. Sigh.

...Sooo, any chances that the April 22nd date was too late? Huh? Maybe it was earlier? Like...a month, two months...? ^_^;;;;;

Nah...they'll probably push it back. I mean, technically, spring lasts until late June, if they wanted to go THAT far...T_T

But I don't understand...why did they wait until December to start translating the games? Did they REALLY have their Pokemon team busy with THAT much other stuff? Or is it a legal thing?

And why the HECK did the anime go nuts without proper reason! GRAAAAARGH! >_< They had all our hopes up for nothing...sigh...

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions persian. It could possibly be the same date. Maybe they just displayed it out by accident? and had to quickly call it back because they realized their slip up? or it could mean the worse and they had to set it back like you said (or hopefully forward)

Battle Frontier is taking a break until January and will probably end only a month or two before Diamond & Pearl. We're used to waiting between seasons anyways, remember?

Reggie also said the first Wi-Fi game for Wii would be available in the spring, too. Maybe Battle Revolution is being localized alongside Diamond & Pearl for a closer release?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
SSBB is also meant to be out at the same time - assuming there are no further delays.

It'll probably be a race between the two for the spot, depending on what way SSBB is going to be released. With the extra time in development, I'd find it hard to imagine a game like SSBB (which will clean the floor with every other game for the next five years just like SSBM did) not aiming for a (near) simultaneous global launch.

I'd also be surprised if Battle Rev wont be released soon after D/P in America either. It doesn't really make sense to sell it as a standalone game. Hell, it would probably be best to be selling it in a Super Pokemon Bundle of a Lite, D/P, Battle Rev and a Wii 'cause you NEED all those things to play the game fully.

You really think SSBB will be ready that early? Seems like the kind of game that would get delayed for a good half-year before being ready.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Aye. For something that was supposed to be a launch game, if they delay SSBB ANOTHER half-year heads are gonna roll :p

Status
Not open for further replies.