• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Black & White Manga English Release Dates

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
9c9745bdbb7f148f8a402cdc8e4599c3image392x500.jpg

Pokémon Black & White is the Black and White arc of the much loved Pokémon Adventures series of manga. This arc follows the adventures of Black, who dreams of beating the Unova League and becoming the champion, and White, who runs a talent agency for Pokémon in Unova. In a surprising turn of events White becomes friends with Black, who begins to travel with her. Now English release dates for volumes Four to Seven have been confirmed.

Read More

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Pokémon Black & White Manga English Release Dates

Awesome. I'm getting a bit behind with my Pokemon Adventures reading, but I can't wait to read through this arc too. ^^

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Linkachu said:
Awesome. I'm getting a bit behind with my Pokemon Adventures reading, but I can't wait to read through this arc too. ^^

Really to start reading this arc you don't need to have gone through every other plot so far. In the UK Viz are releasing Diamond and Pearl Platinum (we currently have three/four volumes), at the same time as they're releasing Black and White volumes, meaning it's unlikely that Black and White hold spoilers for past stories. It's a starting afresh thing like everything else to do with the Black and White gen I guess.

Also Diamond and Pearl Platinum arc is awful, really really is so I'm skipping that whole arc currently. xD

Hm, great! I love the Pokemon Adventures manga, it's far superior to the anime. I'll be purchasing this within it's first week of release!

Opposite to Demelza, I think the DPP arc was pretty good. It had it's flaws but certainly was not the worst. The Yellow arc holds that title in my opinion. The Ruby/Sapphire arc was by far the best.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Luckii said:
Hm, great! I love the Pokemon Adventures manga, it's far superior to the anime. I'll be purchasing this within it's first week of release!

Opposite to Demelza, I think the DPP arc was pretty good. It had it's flaws but certainly was not the worst. The Yellow arc holds that title in my opinion. The Ruby/Sapphire arc was by far the best.

I do love the anime a lot but it's nice to get a more mature insight thanks to the manga. Yellow was one of my least enjoyed arcs of the series but it's still better then Diamond and Pearl Platinum. The very first arc of Red and Blue was by far my fav followed by the Gold and Silver arc and Firered/Leafgreen.

Diamond and Pearl Platinum should have been burned before it started >.>

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Gah. You guys. I absolutely adored Yellow's arc. Like, srsly yarly adored it. D:

But each to their own. Every saga in this manga series is good, so it's basically a must-read for any Pokemon fan who likes comics. ♥

Linkachu said:
Gah. You guys. I absolutely adored Yellow's arc. Like, srsly yarly adored it. D:

I love the Yellow arc, Lance is badass antagonist. Anyway can't wait to read black and white. Black has the best faces,

Demelza said:
Linkachu said:

Really to start reading this arc you don't need to have gone through every other plot so far. In the UK Viz are releasing Diamond and Pearl Platinum (we currently have three/four volumes), at the same time as they're releasing Black and White volumes, meaning it's unlikely that Black and White hold spoilers for past stories. It's a starting afresh thing like everything else to do with the Black and White gen I guess.

Also Diamond and Pearl Platinum arc is awful, really really is so I'm skipping that whole arc currently. xD

I agree D/P/Pt is just plain horrible. But I wonder if we'll see Red and friends again.

D/P/PT isnt completely horrible, it has some perks... i'm just waiting to see if some of our older characters find a way to show up. personally i think the R/S arc was amazing, but its tied with R/G/B for first.

JadaStark2015 said:
D/P/PT isnt completely horrible, it has some perks... i'm just waiting to see if some of our older characters find a way to show up. personally i think the R/S arc was amazing, but its tied with R/G/B for first.

Personally I think the best arcs are the ones that involve Red, Green and Blue. The Gold and Sliver arcs are a close second