• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Art Academy Announced For Japan!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokémon Art Academy.png
In a surprising move, a new spin-off title has been announced for 3DS owners in Japan. A spin-off of the Art Academy series of games has been revealed, the game titled Pokémon Art Academy will be coming to the 3DS on the 19th of June in Japan. Pokémon Art Academy is getting a retail and eShop release.

The game includes 40 lessons teaching us how to draw easy Pokémon like Pikachu right up to much more challenging Pokémon such as Charizard and Mewtwo. Players will be able to share their artwork via Miiverse as well as saving it to their console's SD card or saving it in the game itself on Trading Card Game style cards.

A trailer for the game can be seen below. No news on a release outside of Japan has been given but considering how big the Art Academy series is outside of Japan (not to mention how huge Pokémon is) we wouldn't be surprised to see this game get some sort of release at some point.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure how much usage I'd get out of something like this but my younger sisters would adore it. I really hope that it does get a localized release. Sounds very nice! :D

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Honestly, I've wanted an excuse to try out Art Academy for ages and this is definitely the best thing to get me trying it. I'd likely get quite a lot of use out of it, so I hope it comes over here~

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
QwQ I want it so much. I would love an international release, so I can finally learn how to draw a Torchic decently.

I want this really badly, just for the fact its got way better tools (That ive seen so far) in previous art academy games.

I cant wait to draw cute pokemon! (If its in the us that is)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
This looks so cool :o I've never actually heard of Art Academy before but I'd love to try out the rest of them if I ever get a DS~

Of course, after I try out this one XD

Now this is a game I would buy for sure! It could come in handy since I have a hard time drawing Pokemon. I hope it gets a release for over here. QwQ

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think my opinion on this so far is a mixture of @Linkachu and @Demelza's posts. On the one hand I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of it. A guided tutorial is one thing, but 40 lessons would seem more like a task. I'd want to know the tutorial side of things was more optional after a point, as I'd much rather just have the freedom to try out the tools and such on a blank canvas. If you are able to just use it as a drawing game then I'll happily give it a go, it'd be fun to be able to doodle in glorious colour on my 3DS :)

Seems legit enough. However, yeah 40 lessons does seem like a task, as Magpie said. Also, as SuperSableye24 also said, an international release would seem like a good idea, so that way no one feels left out, whether or not they're missing anything good.

One time, when I had enough Nintendo Coins, I had the option of getting the Art Academy game for what was essentially free, but I chose the first Legend of Zelda game instead. I didn't go for the art game because it seemed kind of boring, but at the very least Pokemon should spice it up. I'd be totally okay with forty lessons, as I reckon I would need them. :p