• This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

X/Y Pokémon-Amie

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
pokeacutemonamie1_zps2bedf3.png

On this page we'll detail all the information about the Pokémon-Amie feature being introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

General Information

Pokémon-Amie is a brand new feature to the main series Pokémon games and allows players to interact with the Pokémon in their party on a whole new level. Players can feed, pet and play with their Pokémon, as well as mimic their actions for some fun reactions from their Pokémon. Interacting with Pokémon in this manner will build the bonds and friendship between you. Each Pokémon reacts different to how you pet them and what you feed them, so take your time working out what's best for each of your Pokémon.

pikachu1.png
june_new_p14_05.png

Notable Benefits

Pokémon who have been interacted with in Pokémon-Amie are more likely to land critical hits when they attack and are more likely to dodge attacks. It has also been mentioned that Pokémon who have been played with in Pokémon-Amie may turn and look at their trainer in battle while waiting for their next command.

june_p14_03.png
june_p14_04.png

Screenshots

pokemon-amie2_pok___r__cr__.png
june_new_p14_08.png

snorlax.png
tyranitar.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole idea of this really has me excited. I was always disappointed by past games because there wasn't a feature like this. I'll definitely be spending a lot of my time using this function in the game. For trainers who know how to use in-game features wisely, this is definitely an optimal addition to the games.

I agree, it has my excited as well. I think this'll be the best game yet because it has a mini-game sorta thing that adds onto the game itself so they bond with you. Not to mention the new fairy type and the two new legendaries xerneas and yveltal and all the new pokemon coming out. i for one am glad that there is a new region and pokemon coming out, how about you?

Not really....... The game is short, Its another "are you a boy or are you a girl?" game, and the least amount of Pokemon ever in a Pokemon game But, Pokemon-amie, the 3D world, and wonder trading were a HUGE success!

Not really....... The game is short, Its another "are you a boy or are you a girl?" game, and the least amount of Pokemon ever in a Pokemon game But, Pokemon-amie, the 3D world, and wonder trading were a HUGE success!

Collecting all 8 badges, defeating the evil team, and beating the Elite 4 is roughly the same amount of time across every single generation, with RBY actually having the shorter one due to there being less of an ingame plot. The Pokemon franchise has literally been "are you a boy or a girl" since Crystal. Having a regional dex of 454 makes XY have the largest regional dex BY FAR.

Last edited:
I Love Amie!! everytime I start a new team, unless I'm playing a challenge where I can't use Amie - I instinctively have to get my team to 5 heart affection as soon as possible, even before 1st gym.

Really love all the details, and expressions (happy, sad, mad, disappointed, annoyed) that went into Amie.
Just wish it had more than 3 min-games.
The cutest thing I ever seen in Amie was Vulpix when it was sleeping, looked so cute, I just didn't want to wake it up.