• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Icarus thought about the showcase while resting his head on Violet's back. So, the glitter thing is covered, I can do that. There's the dancing part... bleh... and the costumes?! Are they really needed in a showcase?

Suddenly, Icarus got an idea. It's wasn't favorable, but it was better than nothing. "S-so... Vio... do you, um... know how..." Icarus was finding it hard to actually ask the question, so he bit his lip and pushed the question forward through his mind. "Do you know how to dance and if you do can you teach me?"

The blush that had just went away thought of coming back, but Icarus refused to let it. He was starting to get the hang of the whole not-blushing deal. He still instinctively looked away from Violet when he asked her, but at least there was no blush.

Meanwhile...

"O-Otto asked for me?" One of the Servines asked Naya after the Persian mentioned his name. "Really!?" Her eyes lit up like two shimmering Shiny Stones. She wildly shook her head to calm herself down, then cleared her throat and stepped forward. She moved her tail so the pink ribbon was in front of her head, almost saluting Naya. "I'm Bella, and yeah, I know some people who can make Showcase outfits. I draw them, and my friend makes them. I can have the costumes right back to you by later today, if I can get to her quickly. Now, who am I making these costumes for? I'm sure you'll need one, but I need to know what Pokemon are participating."

Bella leaned over the Persian and looked at Icarus and Violet, an ecstatic look on her face. "Are those two ladies going to be in the showcase? The Flareon looks kinda a-dork-able. She'd look good in yellow... maybe orange..." She said, pointing with her tail towards the two while stroking her chin with one of her free hands.

Costumes thought Honolulu. I really should have asked Dawn about this stuff. She turned to Flicker and patted her on the back to comfort her. "It sounds weird, but maybe you crashing into Icarus was kind of a good thing. He really needed that comfort from Vio." Flicker stopped sniffling and nodded. "Yeah, he does look better now." the Pyroar said.

Violet couldn't help but burst out laughing "Dancing?! Of course!" She said through her easygoing laughter. Violet then stopped and listened to Bella. "Icarus...Bella just called you a girl....." She whispered to him, holding back a applaude of laughter.

Naya sweat-dropped, shooting an apologetic look in Icarus's direction, before answering. "Um, yes, they're both participating. Everyone I just introduced to you are, but... Icarus isn't a lady." She straightened up, flicking her flower crown back into place with an ear. "So, you'll need to make six costumes, if you don't mind."

Naya looked back at Missy, who had just praised her artwork. She beamed, delighted to know that the Glameow liked her design. "Pun excused." The Persian chuckled. "Once we get this costume business out of the way, I'll start working on the final! I'll need to stick around for a while, though, since we'll need pictures of everyone, not my scrap drawings."

A girl. A girl! A girl!?

"What!? I am not a girl! What part of me reminds anyone of a girl, eh?" Icarus yelled, slightly frustrated, before that frustration turned to playfulness. He turned and used his tail to tickle Violet relentlessly as she laughed. "Eh? Who's a girl? What reminds you of a girl when you think of me, eh? How do ya like this, eh? Eh!?" He said playfully through laughs. They hadn't really played like this since before coming to the resort. The sadness and gloom had almost completely disappeared from the atmosphere.

--

"Wait, huh?" Bella was slightly confused at finding out that Icarus was in fact a guy. She pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head. "My bad. Anywho... so six costumes. Got it, and one's gotta be a guy. Thanks, Naya!" She turned back to her friends. "Olivia! Hanah! Split up and find these Pokemon. Olivia, you look for the Glameow and the Vaporeon. Hannah, you go talk to the a-dork-able Flareon who is in fact a guy and the Ninetales. I'll continue speaking with Naya here, then move on to the Braixen. Ask them for requests for their outfits for the Showcase! Got it? Great! Break!" She yelled as the two others ran off to their respective directions.

Olivia, the Servine with a yellow ribbon on her leg, ran over to Miss Meow, recognizing her instantly. "Oh my stars! It's Miss Meow, we are designing something for the Miss Meow! Ahem," she said to herself, calming down and approaching the famous Glameow. "So, like, if you haven't heard, we are going to design the Showcase outfits, and, like, I need to hear some preferences, ASAP." She said, trying to sound like she didn't care about Miss Meow's status.

Hannah, the Shiny Servine with a blue ribbon on her arm, ran over to Icarus and Violet. Then she squealed with delight. "So cute! Ah! 'Scuse me, but I'm gonna need you to stop being so cute and tell me what outfits you want for the Showcase. Then you can continue." She said with a giggle of happiness at the end.

"Surprise me, I guess. What about you, Vio?" Icarus said nonchalantly, halting the tickle-fest temporarily so she could speak.

Back over with Naya, Bella gleefully awaited Naya's preferences to be known. She was super excited to get drawing for a Showcase.

"Hmm..." Naya hummed as she thought back to all the Showcase costumes she had worn in the past, wondering what she should wear for this upcoming one. "Well, usually there's a bit of tulle... most of the time, they're maroon and an ocean green or blue... and there's some more flowers in my crown here, like some yellows and purples to contrast the pinks and blues. Really, just whatever would look good on a Persian on me." Another chuckle escaped her lips. "I don't really mind. I'm used to wearing mostly anything, so..."

(Dang, this was kinda tricky to come up with. In case you don't know, tulle is the stuff tutus are made of. I didn't even know that! xD)

Luna sighed, feeling bored and quite lonely. She finally got up and floated off elsewhere looking for something to do. "Hello? I'm new here? Can anyone show me around?" she asked.

Another Pokemon spoke up. "Hey most of us are new here but you don't see us wandering around like idiots!" the creature rudely said.

Luna sweatdropped. "Oh...sorry..."

Bella stood still for a moment, committing to memory the things that Naya had just said. Her memory was spot on 90% of the time, and she wanted to make sure that this information fell into that 90%. "Got it," she finally confirmed. "Now to the Braixen, Helia, was it?... Actually, do you think you can figure out what she... he?... she. She would want for an outfit and tell me? I'll go see what the Vaporeon wants. She seems to be with quite a large group, and I don't really think Olivia will be able to ask her on her own. Good luck in the Showcase! I'll be watching it from the front row, just you wait!"

Bella waved goodbye to her new Persian friend, and hesitantly approached the Vaporeon and her squad of Pokemon. "Hello there, I assume you are Honolulu, right? You're participating in a Pokemon Showcase, and I'm gonna be drawing up the costumes so they get made. What would your preferences be for the costume, and are these Pokemon going to be participating in the contest as well?" She questioned with a smile ever-plastered on her face. She turned to glance at Olivia, who was struggling not to fangirl over Miss Meow, and Hanna, who was also struggling not to gush over the adorable Icarus who was a guy not a girl and the Ninetales, Violet, that accompanied him. What am I gonna do with them? She thought to herself as she turned back to the group she was standing in front of, preparing her mind for the information she was soon to be given.

Violet stopped her fit of laughter and smiled brightly at the Servine that goes by the name of Hanna. "Hmmm....something floral, but...please, try not to make it purple, I mean, I think there'll be a lot of that colour when I come into view" Violet replied, panting from the tickle fest, her flattened fur that was on the ground, cus' she was lying on her side, vibrated when a Sawsbuck and Stantler galloped by.

Hannah grinned from ear to ear. "Okay! Squee! Thanks, now go back to being adorable! Do the tickle thing again! Or, or maybe you can smoo-" Hannah was shushed by a Vine that Bella had sent her way, and was subsequently dragged over to where they were.

"Listen. Try not to be so hyper. Go find the Braixen, kay? I sent Naya to do so as well, so hopefully you'll be around to gather the information needed. I'll go to my room. When you're done, get Olivia and bring yourselves back to my room as well." Bella said, inches away from Hannah's face, trying to look intimidating.

Hannah nodded quickly and scurried off to find Helia. When she did, she calmed herself a bit. "Ahem. Hello. You are participating in the contest, correct? I have been sent to see if you had any suggestions as to what you wanted for an outfit. Do you have preferences?" She asked, head tilted to the side.

--

"Was she about to say what I think she was about to say?" Icarus said, the blush that he fought so hard to keep back now appearing. Icarus sat down next to the exhausted Violet, almost equally exhausted. "So, uh, about that dancing thing... how do I do it?" He questioned, bringing the subject back to dancing.

Naya walked over to the Braxien before the Servine named Hannah had. She sat down in front of her, but a bit off to the side, to make room for the Grass-type. "So? What would you like to wear for the Showcase, hm? Personally, I think blue would look great on you, but it's your call."

Violet shrugged "Eh, all pokèmon have different dancing styles, like I said before, I always used to practice with the Eevee in the Vaporeon clan when I was still a Vulpix, even then, none of them had the same dancing style, so, teaching you would be extremely difficult" Violet rambled, rolling onto her back so so could look Icarus dead in the eye.

Luna decided to just sit down somewhere and think. Once again, so much for having fun. She wondered what her trainer could be doing right now, if she missed her Pokemon, if her other Pokemon were taking good care of her, if she really would be back. With a sigh, Luna looked around at the scenery around her. "...hmm...humans actually built this resort for Pokemon? How nice I suppose..."

Helia, not wanting to intrude too far into the professional's space, instinctively gave a slight bow to the eccentric Servine. "Hiya, I have a couple of ideas I could try to describe. I could even lend a hand with sewing need be." She tapped her stick against her own chin, pondering up what she wanted.

"Well, visualize a modest corset, done up in cerulean blue. Then, all flow-y and opened, there'd be a silver-trimmed, dark blue tunic. My bandanna here could be good for something, maybe the purple would look good around my neck? The artistic direction is all yours by the way, I'm fairly certain I have the fashion sense of a two-year old."

Hannah clapped giddily, clearly enthralled with the theatrical style of dress, and she twirled the Braixen's ear fur absentmindedly, declaring with a squee. "You fire types are just the cutest things!"

Helia took that as approval.

"Uh, okay, so what then should my style of dance be? I know of a couple, but I don't think I can do 'em..." Icarus thought of the styles of dance that he had heard of before.

There is ballet... nah, too girly. I kinda like being thought of as a guy, thanks. Um... there's that break dancing stuff that Wilson saw one time. It's got a lot of spinning, though... hm... uh... I wonder...

"Hey, Vio," Icarus asked, slightly nervous from the fact that she was looking him dead in the eyes, "if I can find a style of dance that interests me, would you be capable of teaching me?" He looked at Violet in her eyes again, and found that his surroundings were fading from his vision. He blinked a couple of times, confused as to what that was. He shook his head, and the effect went away, but when he looked back in her eyes, the same thing happened. He decided to settle by looking at the ground instead. Hopefully she doesn't think I'm losing my mind again... I might be, but I don't want anyone thinking it. Icarus thought.

Suddenly, he remembered something. "Vio. Were you serious when you said you were planning on telling them about the... ya know?" He instantly regretted saying that, and covered his mouth with his paws.

Violet rolled her eyes "Uh, DUH, when I say something I always mean it" She said, ripping her dead gaze from Icarus' eyes and onto his neck fluff. "Also, I think it might be possible that I could teach you, but it depends on what it is" Violet stated, stretching some nd smiling semi-lazily at Icarus.

Ah, good. So I'm not dead meat if anyone spills it.

Icarus thought for a couple of seconds about the style of dance he wanted to learn. Ballet, break dancing, tap dancing, tango...

"Vio. What about salsa?" Icarus' eyes glowed like fire. He had read about salsa dancing, and it looked interesting. In fact, he had wanted to learn, but he refused to tell anyone. It looked so elegant, and is peaked his interest more than the other dances, certainly more than ballet. He hoped that Violet could teach him how to do it.

"SQUEEE! SO CUTE!"

Icarus jumped up, startled by the fact that Hannah the Servine had been secretly watching the two of them while they spoke. She had finished gathering information from Helia, and wanted to watch Icarus and Violet be more a-dork-able, as Bella put it. Seeing that Icarus wanted to know how to salsa dance made her system overload with cuteness, and she passed out - right on top of him. Icarus flopped onto the ground, the unexpected weight of the Servine on top of him.

"Yes, I'm Honolulu. As for preferences, I might look good in blue, but you can always surprise me. I don't know too much about fashion and showcases." she answered Bella.

\(★ω★)/

"Omigosh. Omigosh, okay, phew, okay." Olivia struggled with not fangirling all over the place. Out of all three of the Servines, she was the only one who actually avidly payed any attention to Miss Meow- er, Missy. Hang on... "Omigosh she gave me a nickname to call her this is quite possible the greatest day ever." She muttered to herself. "Ahem. I apologize for being so unproffesional, Missy. I'd be happy to start designing your clothes. If you need absolutely anything else, you know who to come to!" She said gleefully, skipping off in any old direction - and right into a Gardevoir, particularly Luna the Gardevoir.

"Oh, oops. My bad, wasn't really looking where I was going. Say, are you participating in this Showcase as well? If you are, I can have an outfit designed for you." Olivia asked Luna.

--

"Vio! Ack! She's go me... and she's shaking! What do I do!?" Icarus shouted as he squirmed around, trying to escape the fainted Servine's grip. Hannah had woken up almost instantaneously after falling, and she used her vines to grab and squeeze Icarus into a massive hug of death. Icarus could not get out of the vines, and Hannah didn't seem to mind Icarus' intense heat. Hannah giggled. "Aww, calling out to your lover? How a-dork-able, Bella was right, I just wanna hold you both and squeeze you and put you both in a glass box and watch you forever." She ranted on and on about nonsensical fantasies, while Bella looked on in shame. She would help, but once Hannah was in that state, there was really nothing she could do. It was up to the two fire types, and anyone else willing, to get Icarus out of that situation.

Naya turned to see one of the designers practically choking Icarus. She walked over, confused. "Hey, uh, you need some help? You're looking kind of stuck." Not waiting for an answer, Naya grabbed Hannah by the nape of her neck and pulled, trying to help free the Fire-type from his bonds. "Some assistance would be nice, anyone!" the Persian managed to say with a mouthful of Servine. "Please! She's got a tight grip on him!"

"Hold on Naya, I'm going to try something." Honolulu shouted to the Persian. "Will you excuse me for a moment." she told the Servine. Then she got within range so only Hannah and Icarus would be the only ones hit. Then the Vaporeon used Water Gun.

"Heyo, no asphyxiation is happening on my watch!" Tying her bandanna around her forehead Rambo-style, Helia charged in a war march. Even after the water gun, the Servine's grip was true, and Helia leaped up into the air, before coming down with an elbow drop. A little too caught up in the moment, she couldn't help but shout aloud in a rough, gravely voice.

"Settle it in the ring sister!"

Naya was splashed in the face by the Water Gun, but at least there were good intentions. The Persian let go just before the elbow landed on her head. "Guys, don't squish Icarus! He's already had it rough enough with that Meteor Mash!"

Whoops.

A twinge of guilt seared through the Classy Cat Pokemon, as she looked back at the re-approaching Gardevoir. Quickly shaking the feeling out of her head, and the water off, she tried to explain the situation to the best of her ability.

"Well, we're preparing for a Showcase, and one of our costume designers got a little... carried away, I guess. She's hugging Icarus to death because she finds him 'a-dork-able', as she said. We're trying to get her off him, but nothing seems to be working." Naya sweat-dropped. "Wow, that sounds weird..."

Last edited:
Luna nodded. "Say no more," she commanded before clearing her mind and closing her eyes. An odd aura engulfed her as she felt her psychic powers reach its peak! Luna opened her eyes, revealing a white glowing void in them. She threw her arms outward and used a powerful version of Psychic, mentally grabbing a hold of the Pokemon caught in the 'fight' and separating them from each other. "ENOUGH!!" she yelled. All eyes were on her now...

"Whoa..." Naya said under her breath, watching Hannah get ripped from Icarus with wide eyes. "That's... amazing." The Persian turned back to the Gardevoir in awe. "You are one powerful Pokemon. Thank you for your help!" She smiled.

Luna panted as her power levels dropped back to normal, something she wasn't too prepared for. Nonetheless, the Gardevoir nodded, smiling. "...Anytime..." she released her grip on all Pokemon except for the ones called 'Hannah' and 'Icarus,' weary of them going at it again if she let them go.

"Blue would probably be alright. And maybe some sea shells, or something along those lines." Spectre told Bella. Meanwhile Honolulu and Flicker stared, awestruck, at Luna. Incredible, thought the Vaporeon.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Thank you so much! Oh, I can breathe again! I owe you guys, bigtime." Icarus praised the others who had managed to pry Hannah off of Icarus. The scene itself was hilarious to watch for bystanders, but not so fun to be a part of. Icarus was panting from A) Being furiously hugged and squeezed, B) Getting water gunned almost, and C) Getting ripped apart by the awe-inducing powers of Luna. He savoured every single breath he took.

Hannah looked like she was going to explode. She was writhing around, her vines struggling to reach Icarus. "I JUST WANNA HOLD YOU BECAUSE I THINK YOU ARE THE MOST ADORABLE COUPLE IN THE WORLD AND I WANT YOU TO KISS AND GET MARRIED AND HAVE A BABY AND NAME HER HANNAH LIKE HER AUNTIE!"

Bella sprinted over to Hannah and smacker her in the face with her own vine. It didn't do much, but she felt it was needed. "Chill, Hannah. What did they do to deserve that... you know Icarus is a guy, right?" She asked, apparently still not letting the mistake go.

Meanwhile, Icarus' entire body was red. The blush had somehow managed to color his entire body red, we was so flustered. He simply hung limp in the psychic aura, still concious, but not wanting to move.

Luna rolled her eyes at the crazy grass type's comment before gently setting down the fire type, still holding the remaining Pokemon in her psychic grip. "You will stop struggling and remain calm or I won't hesitate to use force on you!" she ordered. Luna didn't care what the grass type was rambling on about. She just wanted to restore order...that's when she realized how she could spend her time here in the resort. A sort of Pokemon Security perhaps?

"Where's Toli when you need him?" Flicker muttered. "A Thundershock would get her to stop acting crazy, if only for a moment." Toli, seeing Luna, Honolulu, Flicker, and the rest, walked over to them. He had heard Hannah's comment. "Okay, that Servine's a little crazy, though that could be an understatement." Toli said. Then he turned to Icarus. "Are you alright?" the Raichu asked the Flareon.

"I'm fine. Or at least I was and then certain things happened and now ugh..." Icarus was tired, and if it weren't obvious enough, he was embarrassed.

Hannah continued to ramble on and on. "OMIGOSH WOULDN'T IT BE CRAZY IF YOU TWO HAD A BABY AND NAMED IT AFTER ME BECAUSE I WOULD BE AN HONORARY AUNT I MEAN ICARUS IS SO TSUNDERE AND IT JUST DRIVES ME NUTS AND I LOVE IT PLEASE CAN I CUDDLE WITH YOU FOR JUST ONE MORE MINUTE!?"

Bella smacked her again. Nothing really happened. Hannah was still overloaded with... cute? Bella couldn't decipher what exactly was happening with her. Normally she would've settled down and apologized, but she was still going strong, even after a Water Gun, and elbow drop, and a psychic blast. That's when Bella got an idea. "Hey, does anyone here know Hypnosis? Or something like it? I don't, but I'm pretty sure we could use someone with it right about now."

"Yeah... do that... please... my ears..." Icarus grunted, holding his ears close to his head, trying to shield himself from the shrieking mass of spasms and fantasies known as Hannah. The girl was crazy, no doubt. He thought about hiding behind Violet again, but that would just make things worse, and Arceus knows Icarus has had enough of that.

Luna nodded. "Allow me," she spoke before floating the psychotic grass type over and beginning a stare down. Luna locked eyes with her target before using a calming energy to tranquilize the Pokemon, making her eyes heavy. Finally the chatterbox fell silent and into a deep sleep. "Whew...I've never seen such...insanity? Spirit? Hyper-activeness?"

"Call it insanity. All fangirls are insane, believe me," Naya said, sitting on the floor and watching the Servine get hypnotized, careful not to look at the eyes. "Good to know there's a way to calm them, actually. I'll have to remember that trick."

Thinking back to the Showcase, the Persian turned to face the group. "Hey, if you guys don't mind, if you're participating in the Showcase, I'd like to take a picture of you, for the fliers. If you don't want me to, just say the word. I should be able to think of something to put in your place. Maybe just your silhouette with a question mark in the middle...?" She lost herself in her thoughts, staring into space.

Bella grabbed Hannah out of the air and bowed her head. "I sincerely apologize for my friend's actions. I hope you can find it within your hearts to forgive her. Now, I'm gonna go get those outfits ready, m'kay? I'll see ya in a jiffy!" She apologized, looking at Hannah's limp body. "What did you eat today? You need to not eat it anymore..." She said as she walked away, one vine grabbing Olivia from her fangirling with Miss Meow and tugging her along.

Icarus was still slightly shivering, probably due to the fact that he almost died at the vicious vines of a rabid fangirl during a cuteness overload. Still, he found it in his heart to forgive her... sorta. "I don't mind you taking my picture. Just not now, please." Icarus said to Naya. Forgetting for a moment that he was within earshot of everyone, he wandered over to Violet and sat down. "So, salsa dancing? Eh?" He asked, nudging her slightly, seeing as though she was almost completely still throughout the whole ordeal... that or Icarus didn't notice her movements. "Is it fine if I learn that? Tell nobody, but I kinda have always wanted to learn it."

Last edited:
"No! I don't want to leave! The building is so big and bright with so many Pokemon!" Syvery shouted as Wilson had sent her out of her Pokeball.
Wilson shrugged and sighed. "Sorry Syvery, but you need to get out and meet other Pokemon! You cant just stay holed up with me and Professor Sycamore. Plus, I left some friends for you to meet here. Look for a Flareon with a Black Tipped Tail. If you want to learn anything else about him, your going to have to talk to him."
Syvery froze, eyes widening. 'I have to talk with other.. Pokemon?' Syvery shook her head and was about to complain but it was already too late.
"Don't forget to have fun!" Wilson shouted before biking into the forest.

Syvery's gazed towards the hotel, uncomfortably before slowly starting to walk towards the forest. However, right when she started to walk, a car quickly pulled up next to the the hotel, causing her to panic and run into the hotel.
Panting, she realized that she had made her way towards the rooms. Pacing nervously around and waiting in janitor closets for other Pokemon to pass had taken forever, but she eventually reached the room she was set in. Placing her paw on the handle, she pushed down.
Nothing happened.
Syvery pushed down again, with the knob making a small noise, it was locked
"Oh well, I'll just go to the front.. desk.. to get a key.." Syvery's sentence slowed down just as she realized that she had remember seeing the lobby being quite crowded with Pokemon and a long line. She would have to be there for a long time.
"What am I going to do.." Syvery heard footsteps coming towards her. Having nowhere to run, she just closed her eyes and tucked into a ball.