• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: A Summer's Break DISCUSSION THREAD

Quick! Who will your go-to starter be for Pokemon: Sun and Moon?

• -~- Rowlet -~-

• -~- Popplio -~-

• -~- Litten -~-

• -~- Can't decide! -~-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hope it's not too long or too late!
Species: Glameow
Name: Miss Meow (prefers to be called Missy and will refer to herself as such)
Trainer: Lady Stumbleburgiss
Ability: Limber
Notable Features: Blue ribbon clipped in front of her right ear
Personality: She often acts very snooty and aloof as a result of her upbringing and her beauty, which she is well aware of and is not afraid to show off as she adores being the centre of attention. Generally, she will behave gracefully and with obvious confidence unless she is in the presence of another pokemon that could rival her in terms of looks, at which point she will quickly turn bitter. Unfortunately, she is as good-looking as she is jealous and competitive.
Past: From a very young age, the pure bred Miss Meow has been spoiled and pampered beyond belief as her aging owner, Lady Stumbleburgiss, bought her with the idea of keeping her as a kind of house pet. This resulted in Miss Meow receiving her slightly amusing name, which tends to embarrass her. She and her owner are top coordinators in both pokemon showcases and pokemon contests, so Missy has made quite a name for herself in both Kalos and Sinnoh. Currently, she lives in a mansion in Kalos, but has been brought to the resort so she may have the opportunity to have proper interactions with other pokemon.
Friends: None since she has never properly met another pokemon
Romantic Interest(s): Same as above

Hope it's not too long or too late!
Species: Glameow
Name: Miss Meow (prefers to be called Missy and will refer to herself as such)
Trainer: Lady Stumbleburgiss
Ability: Limber
Notable Features: Blue ribbon clipped in front of her right ear
Personality: She often acts very snooty and aloof as a result of her upbringing and her beauty, which she is well aware of and is not afraid to show off as she adores being the centre of attention. Generally, she will behave gracefully and with obvious confidence unless she is in the presence of another pokemon that could rival her in terms of looks, at which point she will quickly turn bitter. Unfortunately, she is as good-looking as she is jealous and competitive.
Past: From a very young age, the pure bred Miss Meow has been spoiled and pampered beyond belief as her aging owner, Lady Stumbleburgiss, bought her with the idea of keeping her as a kind of house pet. This resulted in Miss Meow receiving her slightly amusing name, which tends to embarrass her. She and her owner are top coordinators in both pokemon showcases and pokemon contests, so Missy has made quite a name for herself in both Kalos and Sinnoh. Currently, she lives in a mansion in Kalos, but has been brought to the resort so she may have the opportunity to have proper interactions with other pokemon.
Friends: None since she has never properly met another pokemon
Romantic Interest(s): Same as above
Not too late, worry not, friend! You are in!

Species: Gardevoir
Name: Luna
Trainer: Nicole Porter
Ability: Telepathy?
Notable Features: None in particular...
Personality: Luna is protective of her trainer...a little too protective which is why she was sent to the resort. Nicole figured she needed to relax and release some steam from their travels. She's also cautious which makes it rather difficult for her to open up and befriend but it's not impossible. Luna cares deeply for her friends and while the idea of being "wild," "silly," "goofy," "ditzy," or "hyper" is rather odd for her, she tries to have fun and enjoy herself.
Past: The first Pokemon ever caught by Nicole, she was just a curious and shy Ralts.
Friends: So far her only friends are her trainer and teammates although she has befriended some temporary allies during her adventures with Nicole in the Beya Region
Romantic Interest(s): None

Species: Gardevoir
Name: Luna
Ability: Telepathy?
Notable Features: None in particular...
Personality: Luna is protective of her trainer...a little too protective which is why she was sent to the resort. Nicole figured she needed to relax and release some steam from their travels. She's also cautious which makes it rather difficult for her to open up and befriend but it's not impossible. Luna cares deeply for her friends and while the idea of being "wild," "silly," "goofy," "ditzy," or "hyper" is rather odd for her, she tries to have fun and enjoy herself.
Past: The first Pokemon ever caught by Nicole, she was just a curious and shy Ralts.
Friends: So far her only friends are her trainer and teammates although she has befriended some temporary allies during her adventures with Nicole in the Beya Region
Romantic Interest(s): None
Kewl, welcome aboard!

Species: Eevee
Name: Syvery
Trainer: Wilson August, from the Kalos League (But lets say I was recently caught or somethin XD)
Ability: Run Away
Notable Features: Syvery has a lighter fun color then most Eevees and also likes flower accessories! However, she doesn't wear them often due to the flowers wrinkling or losing their color over time. She also has a X shaped scar right behind her left paw which she usually hides with posture or some kind of ribbon.
Personality: Syvery is very shy and does not like crowds. However, her true colors shine when she is alone, doing many things she would never do in public!
Past: Syvery used to have been labor abused, becoming one of the Pokemon working in illegal berry fields for Team Flare. She never met her parents, for they were locked away while Syvery was taken away as a egg. Syvery was tired of this, but she couldn't do anything.. Until one day she found a tunnel. Crawling through, she had no idea what was on the other side. But she saw a light, giving her hope as she ran as quickly as she could. However this light was misleading. It lead into the middle of the watch zone. The overwatchers pointed and shouted at Syvery. She ran, until she reached a cliff. Nearly falling off, she turned around, only to be surrounded by the Over Watchers. She backed up until her rear legs both slipped off. One of the over watchers yelled, as they shot a grappler, grabbing onto her right paw, scratching the X.
Friends: None, but truly wants some, but never had the courage to.
Other: This is my first Roleplay, so please bear with me ;-;

Last edited:
Species: Eevee
Name: Syvery
Trainer: Wilson August, from the Kalos League (But lets say I was recently caught or somethin XD)
Ability: Run Away
Notable Features: Syvery has a lighter fun color then most Eevees and also likes flower accessories! However, she doesn't wear them often due to the flowers wrinkling or losing their color over time. She also has a X shaped scar right behind her left paw which she usually hides with posture or some kind of ribbon.
Personality: Syvery is very shy and does not like crowds. However, her true colors shine when she is alone, doing many things she would never do in public!
Past: Syvery used to have been labor abused, becoming one of the Pokemon working in illegal berry fields for Team Flare. Syvery had gotten tired of this, but she couldn't do anything.. Until one day she found a tunnel. Crawling through, she had no idea what was on the other side. But she saw a light, giving her hope as she ran as quickly as she could. However this light was misleading. It lead into the middle of the watch zone. The overwatchers pointed and shouted at Syvery. She ran, until she reached a cliff. Nearly falling off, she turned around, only to be surrounded by the Over Watchers. She backed up until her rear legs both slipped off. One of the over watchers yelled, as they shot a grappler, grabbing onto her right paw, scratching the X.
Friends: None, but truly wants some, but never had the courage to.
Other: This is my first Roleplay, so please bear with me ;-;

Wow, seems like you've recieved some praise for your character! Welcome aboard, buddy! (Just noticed you are on Wilson's team. Kewl, a new buddy.)

Species ralts
Name max (i named myself after max who promised to come back for ralts)
Gender male
Ability trace
Trainer none
Stuff to know max is easily excited and loves to make new friends stick up for the one he cares for he loves Oran berries he knows growl and physic

Species ralts
Name max (i named myself after max who promised to come back for ralts)
Gender male
Ability trace
Trainer none
Stuff to know max is easily excited and loves to make new friends stick up for the one he cares for he loves Oran berries he knows growl and physic
Just so ya know, the moves work like they do in the anime. You can learn more than 4 moves. But anyways, welcome!

I know this isn't completely necessary, but I'm gonna be adding another character to use, kinda like what Kitty did, since I introduced him a while back and thought it would be cool if he made a comeback, so Ima post his form here, if you don't mind.

Species: Butterfree

Name: Freedom

Trainer: Jadyn Zabicki

Ability: Tinted Lens

Notable Features: He wears a yellow hoodie with holes cut in the back for his wings. Its sleeves are slightly too big, and he lets them hang over his hands/paws/whatever-you-call-them.

Personality: Easily annoyed, Freedom is usually a laid-back Pokemon. He prefers the outdoors and battles to anything other than that, though. Others see him as rude and heartless most of the time, but deep down, he does care and secretly loves kids.

Past: His story starts out like any other: he was caught as a youngling and quickly evolved into a grown Pokemon. That's basically the only way it resembles any other story, though. Jadyn, his new Trainer, automatically thought he was a she, and named him as such. Thinking the name was cute enough for a Caterpie, she chose "Freedom", and there was nothing anyone could do to change that. Not very happy with his name, Freedom found excitement in battles, and it wasn't long before he became a Butterfree. Jadyn got him his hoodie as a way of saying "congratulations", and it was then that Freedom finally gave Jadyn the credit she deserved. He still sometimes gets mistaken for the opposite gender, though, and his normal, "rude" manner always comes through.

Friends: Naya, kinda, not really. They met not too long ago and talked a little, but not enough to call it a friendship.

Romantic Interest(s): Most likely not.

Is he acceptable? I don't want it to look like I'm copying anything, so... Just say the word, and I won't use him. Thanks!

I know this isn't completely necessary, but I'm gonna be adding another character to use, kinda like what Kitty did, since I introduced him a while back and thought it would be cool if he made a comeback, so Ima post his form here, if you don't mind.

Species: Butterfree

Name: Freedom

Trainer: Jadyn Zabicki

Ability: Tinted Lens

Notable Features: He wears a yellow hoodie with holes cut in the back for his wings. Its sleeves are slightly too big, and he lets them hang over his hands/paws/whatever-you-call-them.

Personality: Easily annoyed, Freedom is usually a laid-back Pokemon. He prefers the outdoors and battles to anything other than that, though. Others see him as rude and heartless most of the time, but deep down, he does care and secretly loves kids.

Past: His story starts out like any other: he was caught as a youngling and quickly evolved into a grown Pokemon. That's basically the only way it resembles any other story, though. Jadyn, his new Trainer, automatically thought he was a she, and named him as such. Thinking the name was cute enough for a Caterpie, she chose "Freedom", and there was nothing anyone could do to change that. Not very happy with his name, Freedom found excitement in battles, and it wasn't long before he became a Butterfree. Jadyn got him his hoodie as a way of saying "congratulations", and it was then that Freedom finally gave Jadyn the credit she deserved. He still sometimes gets mistaken for the opposite gender, though, and his normal, "rude" manner always comes through.

Friends: Naya, kinda, not really. They met not too long ago and talked a little, but not enough to call it a friendship.

Romantic Interest(s): Most likely not.

Is he acceptable? I don't want it to look like I'm copying anything, so... Just say the word, and I won't use him. Thanks!
I'm impressed that you noticed.

Species: Haunter
Name: Anyia
Ability: Levitate
Notable Features: One crooked tooth, slightly darker shade of purple than normal.
Personality: Mischevious but shy, outgoing.
Past: Used to be a human, but doesn't remember anything about it, except occasional flashbacks. Had a particular bad experience with a previous trainer, hence the crooked tooth (the trainer was abusive). Doesn't currently have a trainer, but is trying to find one.
Friends: None (yet!)
Romantic Interest(s): Also none (yet)

Species: Haunter
Name: Anyia
Ability: Levitate
Notable Features: One crooked tooth, slightly darker shade of purple than normal.
Personality: Mischevious but shy, outgoing.
Past: Used to be a human, but doesn't remember anything about it, except occasional flashbacks. Had a particular bad experience with a previous trainer, hence the crooked tooth (the trainer was abusive). Doesn't currently have a trainer, but is trying to find one.
Friends: None (yet!)
Romantic Interest(s): Also none (yet)
Okay, you're in. Just remember to read the rules if you haven't already, and to abide by them.

Guys, I'm so sorry, but I've gotta leave in a few days for the sake of prioritizing my health :/ I don't want anyone to worry about me or any of that, but I am gonna be gone for months, that much I do know. I'll try to scrap together a few final posts for the sake of Helia's conclusion. Also, @Hisseki, this also means the probable death of the pirate rp, but if in some way you wanted to recreate it even after I'm gone, I'd be all for that

Guys, I'm so sorry, but I've gotta leave in a few days for the sake of prioritizing my health :/ I don't want anyone to worry about me or any of that, but I am gonna be gone for months, that much I do know. I'll try to scrap together a few final posts for the sake of Helia's conclusion. Also, @Hisseki, this also means the probable death of the pirate rp, but if in some way you wanted to recreate it even after I'm gone, I'd be all for that
Okay. Thanks for notifying me. Hope everything ends up going well for you!
;):up:
If need be, I'll think of something for the preservation of the Pirate RP! You can count on me!

That's too bad. Hang in there. (sounds kinda like a cat poster, but still).

Wishing you the best of luck during these tough times. We'll miss you!!

Just want to let y'all know that I'm not gonna be very active this week. I have band practice all day, all week (practicing for our first halftime show, so it's kinda a big deal), but I'll try to be at least somewhat active. What with this and finishing summer homework, it'll be tricky, but I'll try to be here. Sorry!

Just want to let y'all know that I'm not gonna be very active this week. I have band practice all day, all week (practicing for our first halftime show, so it's kinda a big deal), but I'll try to be at least somewhat active. What with this and finishing summer homework, it'll be tricky, but I'll try to be here. Sorry!
It's fine. Thanks for the notice, and good luck with everything! ;) Stay determined!

I'm gonna add another member of my trainer, Nicole, to the rp if that's ok with everyone.

Species: Vaporeon

Name: Aqua

Ability: Water Absorb?

Notable Features: Aqua wears a necklace with a small teardrop-shaped Aquamarine stone. This is nothing special, but to Aqua, this is a friendship necklace made by none other than Nicole.

Past/Personality: Originally, she was a household pet, but ever since the field trip to explore the Beya Region, Aqua has become Nicole's most trusted Pokemon and she does her best to live up to the title, giving it her all in every battle. Being with the girl for the majority of her life, the two share a very powerful and unbreakable bond unlike any other.

Aqua herself loves the water and is always up for a swim. She's fun-loving, curious, and enjoys making new friends. During her time with Nicole out at work, she's also gotten pretty smart for her species. Basically, she shares most of her trainer's personality.

But with pros there are also cons. Aqua hates hot and dry weather and doesn't take kindly to bullies or troublemakers. If her friends are in trouble, she will show no mercy. She also fears rejection and judgement especially if it has to do with her trainer or the water type's bond with her. She also tends to lose interest rather quickly, constantly looking for new things to do or see.

Romantic Interest(s): N/A

I'm gonna add another member of my trainer, Nicole, to the rp if that's ok with everyone.

Notable Features: Aqua wears a necklace with a small teardrop-shaped Aquamarine stone. This is nothing special, but to Aqua, this is a friendship necklace made by none other than Nicole.

Past/Personality: Originally, she was a household pet, but ever since the field trip to explore the Beya Region, Aqua has become Nicole's most trusted Pokemon and she does her best to live up to the title, giving it her all in every battle. Being with the girl for the majority of her life, the two share a very powerful and unbreakable bond unlike any other.

Aqua herself loves the water and is always up for a swim. She's fun-loving, curious, and enjoys making new friends. During her time with Nicole out at work, she's also gotten pretty smart for her species. Basically, she shares most of her trainer's personality.

But with pros there are also cons. Aqua hates hot and dry weather and doesn't take kindly to bullies or troublemakers. If her friends are in trouble, she will show no mercy. She also fears rejection and judgement especially if it has to do with her trainer or the water type's bond with her. She also tends to lose interest rather quickly, constantly looking for new things to do or see.

Another Vaporeon!

Um, I think this is fine. I remember mention of an Aqua previously, and if this contradicts with the other Aqua, then you may need to alter the name unfortunately. For now, I think it's fine! ;)