• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon 20th Anniversary Darkrai Now Available!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As we've now hit the start of another month, another mythical Pokémon distribution has begun in honour of the franchise's 20th anniversary. This time 'round Darkrai is up for grabs, but like with Mew before it you'll need to get a special serial code from a participating retail shop in order to obtain Darkrai on your games.

From May 1st until May 24th visit a Gamestop in the United States, EBGames in Canada and Australia/New Zealand, or GAME in the United Kingdom to receive a serial code for Darkrai. As per usual, Darkrai can then be downloaded via the Mystery Gift menu onto a copy of Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

The stats for this Darkrai are so:

20th_Anniversary_Darkrai.png

Name: Darkrai
Nature: Random
Level: 100
Ability: Bad Dreams
Held Item: Enigma Berry
Moves: Dark Void, Ominous Wind, Nightmare, Feint Attack
If you have any further questions regarding how to obtain Darkrai, let us know in the comments and we'll do our best to assist. Beyond that, get it while its hot!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Ooh I'm gonna need this :o though I'll prolly have to ask a friend to help me get a serial code, there isn't really a gamestop within walking distance from my apartment and I'd feel awkard asking dad to drive to one just for the code ^^;

Shame I wasn't able to transfer my Darkrai due to being unable to pay in dollars for the Pokemon Bank, but luckily this'll allow me to get one agai-
visit a Gamestop in the United States, EBGames in Canada and Australia/New Zealand, or GAME in the United Kingdom to receive a serial code for Darkrai
...Oh.

Shame I wasn't able to transfer my Darkrai due to being unable to pay in dollars for the Pokemon Bank, but luckily this'll allow me to get one agai-

...Oh.

No, You can go to GET VIA INTERNET to get all the 20th anniversary Pokemon. Only in X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
No, You can go to GET VIA INTERNET to get all the 20th anniversary Pokemon. Only in X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

No, you sadly cannot. Certain Pokemon are being distributed in stores. Jirachi and Celebi were over WiFi but Mew - like Darkrai now - was only available with the serial codes (which can only be obtained by visiting the participating store in your region).

...Oh.

Is your issue getting to one of the stores, or is it that you're not sure which to get it from? :)

When I tried to get the Darkrai, I got a Zygarye
They made a post about this SOME where an I can't seem to find the post I was reading. (might have ben on tumblr- honestly)

I didn't work today and I wasn't informed of this event either! (GameStop Employee) so I'm going down tomorrow to get my share of codes!

Side note: I also read that some places are only giving one-per-person due to limit stock. Has anyone else seen this??