• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Christmas Fishing Tournament - Not long left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just a small reminder that there is now less than 2 weeks left for anyone taking part in the Fishing tournament to catch their team. The deadline is December 18th, so make sure you've caught your whole team by then. Keep in mind that this deadline is for catching ONLY - if you need more time to train your team after December 18th, you will be granted that extra time.

Now is also a good time to PM me your planned team for the tournament. PM me your Pokemon, EV spreads, natures, abilities and movesets in the following manner:

Pokemon @ Hold Item
Nature
Ability
EV Spread

- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Rinse, lather, repeat for all six Pokemon.

Also, if anyone wishes to donate prizes, please let me know via PM.

Thanks. :p

EDIT: Figured I wouldn't need the main topic link here due to everyone knowing where the main topic is already - apparently I was wrong, so here it is:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=6801.0

Blarg.

Im confused for the fishing tournament. How are we getting the pokemon? by ds, or online some kind of game. if someone can tell me reply to this post on pokecharms.com or send me an email. codymariosunshine@yahoo.com

-Jirachicody

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Urr, lets see...we're getting them by sticking Super Smash Bros. Brawl into your Wii, selecting King Dedede at the character screen as your character, chain-grabbing your opponent to the ledge with the down-throw, throwing a Gordo (and it MUST be a Gordo) to knock the opponent into the air, using Dedede's multiple jumps to then turn and perform the elusive Reverse Hadouken, which is done by pressing A, B, both shield buttons and smashing both the control and C-stick down and left respectively, before unlocking Dedede's "SHOOP DA WHOOP!" Final Smash to roast the opponent and win the match. Do this, and you'll have a full six-man team of Pokemon all ready for the tournament.

Of course, if you'd actually made some effort to search the boards, you'd have found a topic with the same name as this one in the Wi-Fi boards, right here:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=6801.0

...not that it takes even an ounce of common-sense to figure that this is indeed accomplished by using the DS games.

Okay... I was reviewing those posts and:
1. does lv100 battle make the pokemon lvl100 automatically?
2. can we buy pokeballs with hacked cash?
3. 50 posts... that will take awhile... though ive done 100 posts in 5min. before.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
1. Yes it does. When battling over Wi-Fi, you can set all Pokemon at Lv.100, so don't worry about training the whole team to Lv.100, because the Wi-Fi function does it for you.

2. Hacking cash is fine since all it does is save you time. Only hacking the Pokemon is really illegal since item/money hacking cannot be proven really and item/money hacking doesn't give you any advantages in battle itself.

3. Make sure that's 50 meaningful posts that aren't SPAM and do not break the rules, or you'll likely end up banned before you even hit 10.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Diamond, Pearl or Platinum can be used. In fact, I recommend Diamond/Pearl due to Clamperl being unfishable in Platinum as well as one other Pokemon.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yes, asking people to level the plushie is spamming, and you get more Pokeballs the more posts you get.

Since you've gone off-topic here and this topic isn't for a conversational Q&A session, I suggest you take any further questions elsewhere.

I am going to go start fishing up Pokemon now!
cya!
p.s. would prizes be like pokemon? if so i can donate three.
Infernape
Cresselia
Registeel

Ever since I came to this forum, I have been learning new things about Pokemon, such as that natures increase surtaint stats and decrease, but now my question, what in frakings name is a fishing tournament?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
This topic is so getting locked to prevent further stupidity.

Black Wolf, I've posted the link to the main topic twice, so click a link and read up if you want more information.

Jirachicody, double-posting is against the rules, so you get a warning. Read the forum rules please.

Status
Not open for further replies.