• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Platinum and Secret Key in Europe

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
479-heat.png
Today's the day Pokemon Platinum hits the shelves across the UK and Europe, and already Nintendo is on the ball with announcing the European Secret Key WiFi event - the first of its kind here in the UK/EU and hopefully the precedent-setter for the Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus and any future (*cough*Celebi*cough*) events.

Beginning on the 8th June, the Secret Key will be distributed over WiFi to all European copies of the game so long as you activate Mystery Gift and log onto the WiFi Mystery Gift option between then and the 19th July.

The Secret Key is a key item that allows you to access the basement in Team Galactic's Eterna City hideout. Interacting with the appliances there with Rotom in your team will make it take the form of that appliance - with all 5 forms coming with an exclusive attack relative to the type of appliance it takes possession of.

Instructions on how to get Rotom, the secret Key and WiFi Mystery Gift on your Platinum game are available at the official Nintendo Europe Platinum site.

Hope you're all enjoying Platinum if you've gotten it already, and if you haven't - maybe you'll win it tomorrow, eh? ;)

Concerning the Tournament, registration has now closed and I'm currently preparing the data. Everyone who has been confirmed from this data to at least be considered a valid entry will receive an e-mail later today confirming their place in the tournament so long as they make it down in time. If you will be there tomorrow, did register but DON'T receive your e-mail, please let me know via the forums ASAP. I'll post another update about the Tournament later on today when the e-mails have been sent out.

Is it possible to obtain these things even if we're in Australia, because we never get any events so for me it's either now or never >:(

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, the UK hasn't had that many events themselves - but now that there are WiFi events, it seems likely - now that we've been confirmed to have this event (and quite a quick confirmation of it too) - that everyone will get these event now. Even you shower of immigrant criminals. :p

Whoopee! The UK have an event! Plus, it's on wi-fi so we don't have to travel a long way just to get a secret key then travel all the way back. Now all I need to do is catch 6 rotoms so I can get every form ^^.