• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pikachu 3DS XL UK Release Date Confirmed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Today is a very good day for Pokémon fans who are fond of the electric mouse Pokémon, Pikachu, as the special edition Pikachu 3DS XL has had its UK release date confirmed and Amazon.co.uk has announced a special promotion for gamers who have yet to pick up a copy of Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2 which will give you access to a Pikachu with the ability Lightningrod.

3dsxlpikachu.jpg

Many of you will remember that, during an edition of Nintendo news service Nintendo Direct at the start of October it was revealed that the special edition Pikachu 3DS XL console which was released in Japan earlier this year, would be making its way to the UK before the end of the year. This morning gaming magazine Official Nintendo Magazine finally confirmed the date the console will launch on. It has been revealed that the console is due for release on the 7th of December, just in time for Christmas.

Do remember that the console is a limited edition and as such there won't be that much stock of it, so if you wish to get your hands on one you best be quick!

Pikachu Promotion Revealed By AmazonUK
25.png
The UK Amazon site today revealed quite an interesting promotion for Pokémon fans who are yet to pick up a copy of Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2, giving you the chance to get your hands on a Pikachu with the Lightningrod ability. If you order a copy of the game through Amazon.co.uk before the end of the year then you'll be emailed a special one-time use serial code allowing you to obtain the Pikachu. If the details of the Pikachu match the one given out in Japan and Germany recently then it will look like this:
  • Name: Pikachu
  • Nature: Random
  • Level: 10
  • Held Item: None
  • Ability: Lightningrod
  • Moves: Headbutt, Thundershock, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
For those interested: the Pikachu promotion does not apply retroactively to people who ordered (or pre-ordered) before the 12th November, even if you ask really nicely in live chat, which I may or may not have done. >> << Presumably it's some sort of consolation prize for those who didn't manage to pick up Genesect.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nice consolation prize. ;)

I'd be more jealous of that Pikachu 3DS XL if I didn't already have the blue XL. That being said, the new Charizard 3DS XL looks beautiful and if it ever hits Canada it'll take a lot of will power for me not to buy it. ;_;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
That being said, the new Charizard 3DS XL looks beautiful and if it ever hits Canada it'll take a lot of will power for me not to buy it. ;_;

^ That. If I do get a 3DS XL it'll be the Charizard one should it be released here. Otherwise I can resist the larger screen. My 3DS does work perfectly fine after all and so does my DS... owning a 3DS XL as well does seem a bit like over-kill :V