• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Origin of your screen name(s)?

Whoo, I love threads like this... because I get to go off on a tangent about my name! Whee. ;D

"Hedj" is actually the Egyptian word for white, but that's not where I got it from.
It was an old nickname from a friend of mine that grew on me (incidentally, she now uses my previous nickname, Hedgie, because Hedj is used by everyone now :p).

My original nickname, Hedgie, came from a random sleep-depraved night where I created a really crazy Sonic fan character called... actually, the whole name escapes me. But it started with Hedgie-nu. Something like Hedgie-nu da Hedgie-da. o_O But yeah, this weird character was nineteen foot tall, androgynous (sort of) and was also a Shadow the Hedgehog recolour with black fur and purple markings. Fun times.

The character changed, and thus the naming did too (thankfully)... so, lucky me, I don't have to walk around with a silly nonsense name anymore. :)

Other usernames I might use are Ashley (my real name), HanaF, Bridget, and cuddles_n_cow.
Ashley is simple enough to work out, I should hope... XD Well, I do like my first name, it's grown on me. I used to hate it.

HanaF came about when I started playing Space Cowboy Online, because Hedj sounded silly for a space setting shmup-ish game. Hana is a name I really like, meaning "flower" or "blossom" in Japanese, and the F means Fenrine (who is one of my characters), and can also mean Female or Flower, I suppose. Or Fighter. ;)

Bridget... well, I'm a big fan of Guilty Gear, especially the character Bridget. I used this one on Sonic Zone Forum because I wasn't sure about signing up with the Hedj name since I didn't expect myself to be staying there. Which I didn't, heh.

cuddles_n_cow is probably my oldest username out of all these. It originates from back when I was part of the official Black & White community on the BWGame forums, on Lionhead Studio's site. Cuddles was the name of my first Creature, a pink and blue Good Tiger, and I also had a cow (hence cuddles_n_cow).

So, that's me done with. *Falls over* @_@

hmmm i don't know what mine could possbly mean i know i like pikachu and that i am the 55 person to have that as a log in name i guess... maybe i don't know well it was my choice so maybe it was just a thought of the moment kind of thing...

My mother's pretty into gardening, so our yard is pretty much crammed full of flowers and such. I used to love playing outside when I was young, and one species of flower in particular always delighted me--Snapdragons. I used to pick them off and make them "talk" by squeezing the sides. Eventually the flowers died because I picked them all (XD), but the memory stuck with me.

Plus, if you don't know it's something as girly as a flower, Snapdragon just sounds like a catchy name. I kinda like the idea of either making people picture flowers or a big scaly beast with pointy teeth. ;'D

Huh. I just saw the "snapdragon-as-puppet" thing for the first time a few hours ago.

One of my life's goals is to spread awareness of the concepts behind my username and avatar. I'd love it if any of you would email me or PM me and suggest ways I can improve my explanation.

My user name...I used to kick ass at video games (still do). Especialy "Mortal Kombat" and other fighting games. They can't beat me (I think I was beaten once by one of my friends.....he freaked out). I always used Hyper Combos in all the games I played. And since I couldn't be beaten, they dubbed me...

HyperReaper.

BOO!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hm... This is tough to say. Basically, I like Eevees, and since "Eevee" sounded too plain, I added "Shiny" to it, because I somehow like shiny pokemon... not because they look better, but because they look a bit more... unique. Now that I think of it, I should change it to phoenix**16... or Phoenix1616, because I like phoenixes, and my favorite number is 16, and one of those are my username for Adventurequest/ Battleon and Dragonfable, though on dragonfable, it's phoeni**16 (Notice there isn't an x. Type-o). Or just S_E, because almost everyone here just calls me S_E because Shiny_Eevee is kinda long, and I think S_E looks and sounds cool. Yeah... after this message, I'll be unofficially S_E.

my screenname comes from a few different meanings:

'king' comes from my oxymoron of a name which means 'little king' and its an oxymoron becuase, as some (well, all) ppl in my grade would say, if it rained, i'd be the 1st to know

'of' just separates

'rhinos' because when i was little, my moms friend would call my rhino, because again, it had something to do with my name, and it just kinda grew on me

'king of rhinos' is because im a huge fan of rhinos, i think i started using it on either...serebii...or...neopets...

my other screennames include, 'rhinoman123', which was my runescape name, a game i used to play, and well...i cant remember the other ones i have, since i use king of rhinos pretty much everywhere now, unless its taken, in which case i use rhinoman

My name?

For those who don't keep up/watch/read manga or anime, FMA stands short for Fullmetal Alchemist. I am a total fan of the Manga, but I wish I could just kill those idiots that wrote the script for the anime. The messed up everything.

And I love the last couple of chapters that have come out for Fullmetal Alchemist. (especially 71, 72, and 73. Can't wait for 74)

And for the Tori part, since my name is Victoria, I have the most nicknames in the world. Victor, Vicky, Vicky Toria, ToriTori, ect, ect. And my favorite of all my nicknames is Tori, and right now I'm tired of being called Vicky. It's also so my guest friends can reconize me on the boards...

Quandtuniverse.... That one has a long story, part of which I've forgotten. Anyway.

In very old German, Quandt means "rogue" or "joker". It's also a German family name. It's also the name of a brewery.

When I was born, I didn't have a name. Because my parents were expecting a boy, and they had picked out the name "Victor" for me. So the doctors, to identify me, wrote "QUANDT" on my name card. Why they picked "QUANDT".... Don't ask.

Many years passed... I was 8. I made my very first e-mail account. I called it, "quandt.universe", because it was the first time I was given any liberty on the internet... So my e-mail was "Quandt's universe within the internet" or something.

Since then, I've dropped the period between Quandt and universe for no real reason.

Other usernames I've used:

Tison345, for Neopets, has no real meaning. Then my brother stole that username, and now he uses it on all the forums he goes to...
HARRYPOTRO- For a chat site... please don't ask.
Yogacat- for Gaia. Came from a password my Spanish teacher gave me for another website I never actually visited...
Julia- My name. Very basic. I'm not telling you where I used it though.
Firefrenzy- I have no idea where that came from and I can't remember what site I used it for.
Ilovetodraw. For DeviantART. Because I love to draw. *w00t*

Well, I noticed this site before I could and did register. So I made a couple of TCs, read the forums etc etc. Then I thought I should make my own sprites. I made a couple of sprites and then I started to read PokemonX (its a funny Pokemon-comic) and the main hero had a fight against a guitarist. So I decided to make a guitarist sprite.
Later when I was having a lunch I came up with the name Stevie Steel, wich came up from Stevie Wonder and Robbie Williams, somehow. I decided to call the guitarist with that name. Later I registered in to the forums. First my nickname was gonna be Chris (my mainhero in Pokemon-games), but I decided that it was just too boring to be a nickname. So now Im called Stevie Steel.

M

MagnusXL

A long time ago, I used to use my RP character names as my user names for the various places (the most important being "Silver Moonblade"). About a year ago, though, my friend and I were messing around with a Super Robot battle thing. We made up our own battle mechs and duked them out. I named mine MagnusXL, which was taken from an RPG Maker game I made back when I didn't know "Magnus" was a real name.

I've been slowly switching all my usernames to MagnusXL for various reasons. First off, Magnus is just a badass name. Secondly, I'm tired of people confusing me on MSN for people on other forums. I'm not a member of that many places. Finally, I have WAY more characters now, and no one reigns over the others. I don't have as much time as I used to back when I was 15-16.

Well, it was the first time I actually looked at a Pokemon forum, and I saw the fanfic and the RP sections. I read some and thought, "This looks awesome, I gotsa do it!" I drew some people that would be cool for a RP and gave them names (one of them was 'Rayn Sunstrider' or something like that) and I thought of a story about a girl and a shiny Espeon, and wrote some stuff. The part where they first meet is when it's raining so the girl thinks, "I should name her Rayn." I got to like the 6th chapter and thought, "Eh...this is crap." So I stopped writing. :p

Its also because the name I use for everything else is Rotak, (WoW, Neopets...) and I didn't feel like using it in the Pokemon world.

First of all the acutal name is from a song one of my favorite albums by one of my favorite musicians Steve Taylor.
The Album: Meltdown,
The song: Meltdown(at madame tussaud's)
now for the personas, Originally I used Meltd0wn as the basis of different stories I wrote. but here is the original. I love the tv show ReBoot and the movie TRON, and I wrote a fan fiction based on a Guardian-Warrior Program, that is a cross-over story between ReBoot, and TRON. as both stories have very similar settings.

Meltd0wn is my personal version of that Guardian-Warrior program. He has Guardian protocals, along with hacker programing. his #1 priority is the safety and protection of others, especially those not able to fend for themselves. His second function is to eliminate any harmful eliments it encounteres. This includes harmful Users as well as Programs. So if your online to cause harm. beware.

Meltd0wn has grown and expanded into basically becoming my alter ego. to be honest more people know Meltd0wn than know Mike (thats me by the way).
Anyway this nick is now my Animal Crossing name, as well as my 'Decker' name. Meltd0wn is who I am now.

1. Lord: I'm better then you ^_^
2. Karoshi: This roughly means "work yourself to death" in Japanese. I randomly made up a word and used it in a Dungons and Dragons campain. The name sorta stuck. It wasn't until later that I found out what it meant.

Well, I think this is the third time on the net I tell the story behind Mikuba Sen...

It all started one year ago, I was the typical Naruto-nerd and as I always did for every series I was a nerd of, I made a fan character. At that time, I liked doing emo-alike people (but not anymore). I wanted her to have Sen, but the last name was a trouble, I mumbled several random, handmade names in my head, when suddenly... Mikuba! She was named Mikuba Sen, and short after, I joined several Naruto-sites, all under the same name. But I grew tired of Naruto, and stopped being on the Naruto-sites. Soon, I wanted to join deviantART, and so I did, first under the name of Relm-Arrowny (from Final Fantasy VI), but I lost the password, and the will to go in on the account, I started another one, this time, as my internet name: Mikuba Sen.

So, Mikuba Sen started as an emo fan character, and ended as my internet name.

Oh yeah, interesting story indeed.. Had a song on my pc once, was a remix of a zelda song. (Zelda 64 Lullaby, OC remix) Well, that song title contained the word "Proximus". I was having trouble finding myself a new GameName, so i thought of using that.. Used Proximus, gave it my own little twist (by adding 2 letters) and tadaa, Proximitus was born.. Changed the Proximus in that song title to Proximitus so i wouldn't forget it. Apparently, people have been uploading from my pc, because if you search for Proximitus with google, the only search results you see are mine, registered here and there at sites and games. ^^ Cool name if I say so myself :)

Shouldn't be too tough to figure it out. It's this guy:
ZKXMug.png

Phantom is one of the root words of most of my Internet names after the year 2003, as everything before that included something about Magi-nation to some extent. Usually, My username is "Phantom Chaos" or "Phantom Azazil/Azrael", something of that sort.
When I was registering on to Pokecharms, I went, "....I think I'll keep it simple", and went straight for Phantom. Why? Because Phantom just sounds cool all by itself. XD

My username is Japanese for 'Wind'. It popped into my head one day, when I realized the wind was fast, and my fursona was a white half-demon wolf. So, I just searched 'English to Japanese', clicked a link, typed in 'Wind', and it showed Kaze and Uindo. So, I chose Kaze because it's easier to pronounce. The pronunciation is 'Kah-zee".

My username is Japanese for 'Wind'. It popped into my head one day, when I realized the wind was fast, and my fursona was a white half-demon wolf. So, I just searched 'English to Japanese', clicked a link, typed in 'Wind', and it showed Kaze and Uindo. So, I chose Kaze because it's easier to pronounce. The pronunciation is 'Kah-zee".

Actually, "kaze" is pronounced like "kah-zay", if you're sticking to the Japanese pronounciation.

And "Uindo" is just "wind" put through Japanese katakana and then back to literal Romaji. There is no "wi" sound, so you put "u" ("ooh") then "i" ("ee") to get something very close. Then "n" for the "n" sound, then "do" because they can't end on a "d" sound without a vowel after. So "Uindo".

(Sorry for the nitpicking, but I'm on my fifth year of taking Japanese classes.)

The reason I chose Daytime Umbreon was because when i was posting as a guest, I was thinking to use something other then good old Crazo (My usual internet name), so I thought what my favorite Pokemon was, Umbreon, and thought what could make it sound cool. Since, seeing an Umbreon in the daytime makes no sense, it was the perfect name for me! But, more people asked...and made jokes...about my name, so I've also figured up with different stories. Either a Daytime Umbreon is an Umbreon afraid of the Dark, an Espeon painted like an Umbreon, or an Albino Umbreon. I let people think whatever they want, as long as they don't think my name means nothing.

Red Silvers was an RP character in a RP that featured characters from various videogames. Originally it was just Red... yep, from Pokemon Red.

Silvers came as a fun idea as the RP continued. With the release of Gold and Silver, it was discovered that Red was a hidden trained at Mt. Silver. I liked to use the idea that the mountain was actually named after Red, and so his full name became Red Silvers.

As a side note, his rival is named Blue Crystis.

I usually use names of characters I made up for stories I write, and Raiq is the name of one of those said characters, so there you go.

I guess I use the name 'Incarnate' because it has some sort of ring to it. It just set off an alarm (literally. The fire alarm went off in the house when I signed up as Incarnate009. I burnt the ramen. -_-') in my head. I use this name for everything. Photobucket, fanfiction, supercheats, yahoo, etc.

Over my vast amounts* of 'This username's for keeps!' which all, for some reason, seemed to detioriate and fall to boredom (XD) I tried to actually stay with ONE... so I took my real name, and Stutt was born from it. Not telling you how! ;-)

Sometimes I use Xaephron, though. But that's just cause it sounded cool. :D

*I had literally over 20, at least. I also had a habit of making my email fit to it... so that's 20+ hotmail.co.uk accounts too!

Well my username was Sarah888888, but since I use that(and a different version of it, Sarah_888888_) everywhere, I changed it to Sarah Loves Her Pikachu ♥ because of my talking pikachu plush that I love dearly. *pokes image in siggy*

Although my Topic was actaully about peple's ACTUAL names, since I just use my real name as a username, Mr. Sem saw fit to lock my topic and gave me permission to revive this one. I was asking, what do people's real name mean? Ehren is "Sword of Honor" and such in German. (Or rather it is where the base meaning comes from originally) I was asking of people's names and what they meant, I suppose it's now open for discussion here.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My real name 'Ferne' is just Old English and just a Fern (A plant that likes the shade) >> It doesn't really have another meaning, although a German man once came up to me and said it meant 'Far away'... I like that :)

As for the original question of usernames, Silvermagpie is what I always use. My favourite birds are Magpies and Silver just sounded like an interesting colour 8)

Sword of honor is a really nice meaning. You get sword and I get plant :p

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My username is KingOfLucario for one simple reason: I own five Lucario, two of which are lv 100. It's a very long story, but since I had five copies of a Pokemon that has to be hatched from an egg and then evolved by getting its happiness rating up, I felt it was a (rather ridiculous) achievement.

Plus, I think Lucario is awesome. I'm sure a lot of people would agree.

As for my real name, I share the same name as a certain ancient Greek conquerer who practically took over the world. I'm not sure what the name actually means though.