• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hey guys, just a heads up, but all the lore and music compiled by Ny has now been added to the reference post in the front page, where the character bios are, for easy access.

We highly recommend that these gossips and topics be included in your character's knowledge and in your world building, as to create greater depth to the world and provide a sort of common theme amongst each character, especially if the characters are long time residents of Suimera.

Also, I'm awfully sorry if I tend to be silent in the discussion. I'm just very happy to read all your interactions but don't really have anything to contribute nor want to intrude in them. Also I'm off computer for the most part, and typing on a phone is just the worst.

Another one that comes to mind for Gerald is the Dog Song from Undertale xD
Barking intensifies.

Gerald's been hooked up with another great theme this time around! It's energetic, adventurous, and has a slight taste of regality (It's a word if I want it to be, right? Right??) behind it, which harkens back to the dude's roots! Great choice. While I haven't listened to all of them yet, my other favorite one is the ninth! It's a bubbly and sweet song that fits with the busiest streets of the kingdom :D

Good work as always, Ny :)
Also, I'm awfully sorry if I tend to be silent in the discussion. I'm just very happy to read all your interactions but don't really have anything to contribute nor want to intrude in them. Also I'm off computer for the most part, and typing on a phone is just the worst.
Don't you worry Pen, we all get that feeling sometimes! And yes, typing from a phone is indeed horrible. Thank god I turned off auto-correct, else I'd rip my hair out by now.

Once Upon a Time in Suimera
by Pokecharms RP
Album

Scene 01 A Kingdom Unveiled at Dawn
Scene 02 Amassing the Armies
Scene 03 Delinquent Town
Scene 04 Down at the Docks
Scene 05 Gathering Harvest & Rushing Mead
Scene 06 Out Onto the Lake
Scene 07 The Merchant District
Scene 08 The Streets After Dark
Scene 09 Welcome to Suimera's Main Street
Scene 10 When Thieves Take the Streets

Character 01 Ajani Robyn
Character 02 Allen Puck
Character 03 Alora Shimmings
Character 04 Cassandra De L'allée
Character 05 Diana
Character 06 Gerald Des Appoint
Character 07 Mai-Ling
Character 08 Opel Fay
Character 09 Que Allein
Character 10 Salem Tempus Delago
Character 11 Trini Shaw
Character 12 Wilhelm Greystone

First Draft; more songs may be added, and songs already presented may be subject to change.
Note; here is a small glimpse of what goes on in my head whenever I read any of your entries. This is purely for entertainment value, nothing more, nothing less.

These songs are not composed nor performed by me. Much greater minds with loads more talent are behind these themes. I merely fit them to my perception of things.

After listening to quite a few of them, you certainly have them all spot on :3 Diana's was very fitting, however I think my favorite so far is Alora's nwn there's an added layer of cute imagining her character with this song.

Well I'm glad that the music seems to be received so well, although I think maybe I shouldn't have posted it so closely after my post on the urban legends and gossip stories. I had hoped to get some thoughts on those.
I think my favorite so far is Alora's nwn there's an added layer of cute imagining her character with this song.
Alora's was actually the easiest choice for me. Right from the first entry introducing her this tune stuck into my head. And what do you mean with 'added layer of cute'? She's an Amaura, she started of cute, and refined, and sorta regal.
Gerald's been hooked up with another great theme this time around! It's energetic, adventurous, and has a slight taste of regality (It's a word if I want it to be, right? Right??) behind it, which harkens back to the dude's roots! Great choice.
You will be happy to not that I originally had the theme for the Sinister Diglett from DT picked out for this Gerald, and it wasn't until right before posting that I decided to change my mind and give him a bit more credit. :D
The music is fun, although I've always imagined Que with more of a polyphonic texture- then again, I'm basically obsessed with classical, orchestral pieces, so I'll always imagine it more in that light. It does fit very well, especially the beginning, and it's nice to have an auditory aid of how I've portrayed him thus far :)
I'll be honest and say that I initially was not planning on assigning Que a song at all just yet because I simply know so little about him yet, but then he'd be one of the few left out, so in the end I dug real deep and tenderly came up with something. As stated it's very possible that I will decide to change songs later on when I learned more about the characters and feel that they have outgrown their themes. Although I tried matching these theme to how I perceived their nature, rather than their demeanor, so it shouldn't have to change anytime soon if I chose well. :)
About Trini's, I really enjoyed the fact that I could feel it related to her relationship to her mother somehow.
Trini's is the theme that probably changed the most. I had songs more cute sounding, and ones more sad, or sinister before stumbling onto this one. I thought this one hit a sort of sweet spot between cute and sad, while convening longing and a bit of mystery.

For the longest time I thought about assigning Trini this song, and to be honest I'm still not sure if this wouldn't fit better, but I suppose only time will tell.
I just spent a rather large amount of time listening to almost all of those tunes and I have to say well chosen Nygenn, I couldn't help but laugh when I first heard the one for Allen and then Wilhelm's, they were both rather funky when compared to the others XD
They are more funky, perhaps that's because of them being such positive spirited soldiers (as far as I can tell). There were other songs considered, once more bad-ass sounding, but while those fit the characters in my opinion, they did not quite stick to the overall feel I tried to keep for Suimera. It does need that bit of fantasy, modern-medieval direction in my opinion.
Allen's theme is my jam
Good, I hope it helps you build some scenes around your character. So far he seems a bit without direction, which is why I originally was so hesitant about approving the character. So go show me I was wrong to worry. ;)
-

Also, Party at Alora's everyone!

Last edited:
For the longest time I thought about assigning Trini this song, and to be honest I'm still not sure if this wouldn't fit better, but I suppose only time will tell.

Well, I had liked the last song, but I think this one represents Trini as a character much better. The other one makes me think more of Delilah and how she has put all her effort to make her child leave the path of mischieve. Another song I like a lot and reminds me of Trini is this track by César Benito.

And about the gossips, I'm really excited to get the chance to se them in a post, they give so much to the plot! It'll be very interesting to have Trini and Delilah learning about the town of Suimera.

By the way, I have small question about this world's society: Are girls able to have studies? Wether it is in school or in university, just to know if I should add things about those subjects in my posts (Trini wouldn't study anyways, but I'd like to know).

Another song I like a lot and reminds me of Trini is this track by César Benito.
That's a nice song actually, though I'm not so sure about the constant... tensions? urgency? it seems to create. Perhaps if the pace were slower it would work better in my opinion.

By the way, I have small question about this world's society: Are girls able to have studies? Wether it is in school or in university, just to know if I should add things about those subjects in my posts (Trini wouldn't study anyways, but I'd like to know).
And that's a good question actually. Unless anyone objects and wants to try and persuade me, I am ruling on gender equality social wise.
Of course there will be bias and some gender issues because like it or not men and women are naturally, physically different. What I mean is there there is no such unfounded notions about women being until to rule, and having no right to an education. Likewise there should be no ridicule towards housemen, or male nurses, or what have you.

Normally you might see more men working in the mines or construction, but we're Pokémon here. A female Rhydon would perform just as well in the mines and a female Conkeldurr would do fine in construction. If anything there would be more of a racial decide. A foreman might think twice about hiring a Togepi to do his heavy lifting, for obvious, natural reasons.

The only real non rational discrimination would be that against the Mistypes, Poison, Ghost, and Dark.

Yay! Another question from your good friend Chrocey!

Are Dragonairs specific to the royal lineage?

The reason I ask is that in the non-pokemon world, there was a dancer that visited Diana's homestead and "showed her her moves" (as Captain Falcon would say). We discussed that she would actually be from the same island as Salem, which I'm sorta committing to at this point.

I don't think she'd really show up that much in this RP, but would it be too far-fetched if she, too, were a Dragonair? She wouldn't have to be related to the royal family, mind you, unless lore says otherwise.

Dragonairs and Dragonites are not specific to the royal line, they just happen to be the basis of the Suimera's royal line. Salem's father and grandfather, and perhaps his great grandmother were all Dragonites, but it could have happened that the only children born in this generation turned out to be Milotic. Furthermore, so far Suicune has only blessed Dratini, Dragonairs, Dagonites, there's not telling if it wouldn't also bless another species if there were no dragon heirs, or just appoint a dragon not already from the royal family.

So yes, to answer your question. There can be other dragonair and dragonite, they're just pretty rare compared to most other species, just like the Pokemon lore suggest. A sort of pseudo legends.

Dragonairs and Dragonites are not specific to the royal line, they just happen to be the basis of the Suimera's royal line. Salem's father and grandfather, and perhaps his great grandmother were all Dragonites, but it could have happened that the only children born in this generation turned out to be Milotic. Furthermore, so far Suicune has only blessed Dratini, Dragonairs, Dagonites, there's not telling if it wouldn't also bless another species if there were no dragon heirs, or just appoint a dragon not already from the royal family.

So yes, to answer your question. There can be other dragonair and dragonite, they're just pretty rare compared to most other species, just like the Pokemon lore suggest. A sort of pseudo legends.

Sweet! I'll keep that in mind if I decide to use her.

Here's another question, this one regarding specifically Diana's screech attack. I was trying to think of how to visually represent it. One idea was, of course, having her actually screech VERY loudly. Since there aren't really defense stats to lower, I imagine the reason an enemies defense would go down is because they are trying to cover their ears, thus keeping their hands too occupied to properly defend themselves.

My question is if it would be too overpowered for this to affect everyone in a certain radius, allies and enemies. If it would be, then I'd be alright with making it a wave of sound that only debuffs a single enemy.

Personally, I like the concept of affecting everyone in the area x3

Sweet! I'll keep that in mind if I decide to use her.

Here's another question, this one regarding specifically Diana's screech attack. I was trying to think of how to visually represent it. One idea was, of course, having her actually screech VERY loudly. Since there aren't really defense stats to lower, I imagine the reason an enemies defense would go down is because they are trying to cover their ears, thus keeping their hands too occupied to properly defend themselves.

My question is if it would be too overpowered for this to affect everyone in a certain radius, allies and enemies. If it would be, then I'd be alright with making it a wave of sound that only debuffs a single enemy.

Personally, I like the concept of affecting everyone in the area x3
I second Nygenn on that, let's have it be like Earthquake. :D

That one person that happens to always wear earplugs: I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN

"Wear earplugs! The day of reckoning is upon us! Wake up sheeple!" xD

I second Nygenn on that, let's have it be like Earthquake. :D

I do too. :) Affect friend and foe alike, and some poor bats and Geralds more than others. ;)
Of course that would also mean it affects some others less. Those with earplugs for example.

Yay! I'm glad we're in agreement :3 I shall write it as so if a time ever comes where she needs to use that attack.

And yeah, basically earplugs and pokemon that are naturally immune won't be affected.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I was kind of surprised how well the song When Will My Life Begin from Tangled reminds me of Prince Salem. Aside from the singer being a girl, I'd say it's pretty close owo

LONG LIVE THE PRINCE!
LONG LIVE THE PRINCE!
LONG LIVE THE PRINCE!
LONG LIVE THE PRINCE!

But seriously, Salem's written really well. I don't know if that's my place to judge, as I'm probably the least experienced one here, but I like the style.

I didn't mean my writing style, I meant more Salem as a character, his personality, what little of it I have shown so far.
He's a crazy powerful individual in this setting, skill/ability wise, even without the Mark and and his royal status. So I the only thing that really balances him somewhat will be his personality.
I see.

Also, what if, say, Salem had Alize's personality? That would be interesting.

I'm just trying to get a handle on the level of maturity of all the people involved in this RP, that's all. "Know your audience," as they say in the industry. You are the only one I can't seem to get a grip on, so I figured I just ask, but you don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable.

All you have to know is that I'm mature. I mean, I would like to know the age level as well. Anyway, if I had wanted to give it my age, I would have put my birth-year avalible in my profile.

I didn't mean my writing style, I meant more Salem as a character, his personality, what little of it I have shown so far.
He's a crazy powerful individual in this setting, skill/ability wise, even without the Mark and and his royal status. So I the only thing that really balances him somewhat will be his personality.
I really dont like him but that's just because I always have had a strong dislike for characters of his nature. Nothing to do with your writing :p

Are you referring to his silliness?
No not at all, its more the kind of I have everything but I dont have (Insert something here, in this case freedom to wander free) vibe he has going. That and I for some reason have never liked characters who are supposedly universally liked, not a clue why.

Last edited:
All you have to know is that I'm mature. I mean, I would like to know the age level as well. Anyway, if I had wanted to give it my age, I would have put my birth-year avalible in my profile.
:?

Anyway, Chrocey I read through your entry again, and I just want to make sure that Tales Haven, isn't a place for just Mistypes. It's a place like any other, for any other, but where they don't discriminate against someone because of type. Just wanted to make sure that much was clear. :)

No worries, I knew this. I apologize if it didn't come across in my writing that way, though.

Also, just my two cents on the age thing, I don't think it matters what your age, sex, or gender is. It doesn't matter where your from or what you do. What matters is your writing. One of my big inspirations was a guy that was thirteen, yet wrote better and more maturely than some of the older folks I roleplayed with.

So unless you're planning on dating the person or meet them in real life, I don't think it's necessary to ask questions of someone's identity.

Besides, it's the internet. Anonymity means someone can just say they're a certain age or gender even if it's not true. So it's all kinda pointless.

Im about to stick a post up, your gonna have to forgive me for the awful way I conduct NPC dialogue and inner thoughts, I haven't quite got the hang of it just yet. So if something does really need changing defiantly point it out for this one :)

Im about to stick a post up, your gonna have to forgive me for the awful way I conduct NPC dialogue and inner thoughts, I haven't quite got the hang of it just yet. So if something does really need changing defiantly point it out for this one :)
Honestly, I liked it. I, once again, am in no position to judge anything about writing. Ask almost anyone else here.

I have had a few hours of rest and am coming back now with an apology for everyone. I have been greatly misconducting myself in the last couple of hours and saying things I very much regret saying. I have gone back to delete my unsightly messages but that alone is not enough of course. I am sorry for offending anyone with my carelessness and hope you can forgive me. I will try not to let it happen again. :(

Affect friend and foe alike, and some poor bats and Geralds more than others. ;)
Haha, Gerald's gonna suffer so much abuse in this Roleplay :D

I have had a few hours of rest and am coming back now with an apology for everyone. I have been greatly misconducting myself in the last couple of hours and saying things I very much regret saying. I have gone back to delete my unsightly messages but that alone is not enough of course. I am sorry for offending anyone with my carelessness and hope you can forgive me. I will try not to let it happen again. :(
Hey man, don't worry. We all make mistakes when we are drunk off sleep deprivation. I highly doubt anyone will take what you said deeply, and if they did, I'm sure now they understand why you'd say such stuff. Don't beat yourself up over it, yeah?

Oooh! I found an awesome reference image for Jasmine (Diana's older sister) in terms of what she wears. In her human form her skin would be more tan. However, in her Arbok form I suppose that doesn't really matter.

acc045390d89d36473d6b0a53297a0ba.jpg

Also, I need to add a bit more description for Diana. I don't think I was imagining these characters the right way. I had the image of like anthro anthro pokemon. Like they are pokemon with human characteristics instead of the other way around. For example, I never described Diana's hair because I imagined she had the head of an Ekans.

This pic of Seviper is pretty much what I'd envisioned lol
art_trade_kimiko_the_seviper_by_skykain-d4t0nro.png

Oooh! I found an awesome reference image for Jasmine (Diana's older sister) in terms of what she wears. In her human form her skin would be more tan. However, in her Arbok form I suppose that doesn't really matter.

acc045390d89d36473d6b0a53297a0ba.jpg

Also, I need to add a bit more description for Diana. I don't think I was imagining these characters the right way. I had the image of like anthro anthro pokemon. Like they are pokemon with human characteristics instead of the other way around. For example, I never described Diana's hair because I imagined she had the head of an Ekans.

This pic of Seviper is pretty much what I'd envisioned lol
art_trade_kimiko_the_seviper_by_skykain-d4t0nro.png
You're absolutely free to make some tweaks, everyone is. Just be sure to notify me if you had done so to make sure I update your bios accordingly in the reference post.

I'm sorry if my explanation in the intro of the discushion caused anyou confusion. :p

You're absolutely free to make some tweaks, everyone is. Just be sure to notify me if you had done so to make sure I update your bios accordingly in the reference post.

I'm sorry if my explanation in the intro of the discushion caused anyou confusion. :p

No worries! It wasn't your fault. I tend to miss the obvious sometimes xD

Anywho! I updated her bio. I'll paste the change in text I made for the appearance so you don't have to look for it.

Diana is roughly 5'6" and 140lbs. She has the light purple scales of an Ekans, accompanied by a long tale with a yellow rattle at the end of it. Her teeth are also pointed and sharp, making her look all the more dangerous (even though she's never used them to intentionally hurt anyone). She has narrow pupils and yellow irises that compliment her snake-like appearance.

Diana has quite a length of straight hair that flows over her shoulders like waterfalls, reaching the middle of her back. Her hair color is a very dark purple (almost black), and is only allowed free reign when she sleep.s Otherwise it's either braided, tied, or curled in a way that reflects her sense of style.

The image below is a reference to her clothing.

No worries! It wasn't your fault. I tend to miss the obvious sometimes xD

Anywho! I updated her bio. I'll paste the change in text I made for the appearance so you don't have to look for it.

Diana is roughly 5'6" and 140lbs. She has the light purple scales of an Ekans, accompanied by a long tale with a yellow rattle at the end of it. Her teeth are also pointed and sharp, making her look all the more dangerous (even though she's never used them to intentionally hurt anyone). She has narrow pupils and yellow irises that compliment her snake-like appearance.

Diana has quite a length of straight hair that flows over her shoulders like waterfalls, reaching the middle of her back. Her hair color is a very dark purple (almost black), and is only allowed free reign when she sleep.s Otherwise it's either braided, tied, or curled in a way that reflects her sense of style.

The image below is a reference to her clothing.
There, nice and edited. :)

Thanks man :)

And @Nygenn I was asleep, didn't even see your messages so no problems here.
Also, I can't believe I forgot to tell you how much I loved your post! It was so good to see this side of Wilhelm, being a big softie to the little Furret, and I want to thank you for including one of the gossips in there as well. I could just hug you. :D

Speaking if character changes, I've made two.

First up, I've decided that, instead of being part of his coat, those dangly things that I stILL DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE should be a part of him, and there's just slits to make it look like his coat to the naked eye. However, he can control them like other limbs.

Second one isn't a change as much an elaboration on his powers. The shadow-control isn't actually much of a control. He can't bend or change existing shadows, but that would make a cool magic trick. Instead, he can draw shadow energy from the air, which just looks like black particles. He can shape this into any form. It isn't harmful unless he wants it to be, and even then, it's hard to make it a form that can do much damage.

@PentheWonderful that was an awesome entry if I may say so, im glad Suimera's resident ghost child is getting some interaction :p
Also I changed Wilhelm's height a while back in response to a comment Nygenn made and I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that? seeming as you mentioned changes in our characters earlier :)
Why thank you, Jake. :)
Also, edited the bio for you. Thanks for telling me.

Speaking if character changes, I've made two.

First up, I've decided that, instead of being part of his coat, those dangly things that I stILL DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE should be a part of him, and there's just slits to make it look like his coat to the naked eye. However, he can control them like other limbs.

Second one isn't a change as much an elaboration on his powers. The shadow-control isn't actually much of a control. He can't bend or change existing shadows, but that would make a cool magic trick. Instead, he can draw shadow energy from the air, which just looks like black particles. He can shape this into any form. It isn't harmful unless he wants it to be, and even then, it's hard to make it a form that can do much damage.
Hmm, could you directly amend this into your bio post so that I can just copy and paste it into the reference post? Unless you don't mind me writing "those yellow dangly things are a part of his body" in his appearance. :p
Seriously though, I really don't want to do that.