• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Ahaha, yes.

This was so worth the admittedly short wait. I would wait weeks for a profile like this, though. Seems the caliber of Burble's entry has been matched after all. Que, such an enigma is he. So much potential for fun, should anyone be able to actually draw him out of his house, or rather, slip in. ;)

His abilities are perfectly acceptable, so, without a shadow of a doubt, accepted.

I might wait for two or three more people to join before starting the roleplay, just to make sure there's plenty of characters to interact with.

Grr I was just about done with my profile on word when Windows decided it was update time. This update is taking ridiculously long too I swear it's installing a whole new OS.

Ok the update finally finished. Posting my entry although going after Story makes me feel like I still didn't write enough. :'|

Name: Mai-ling
Nickname(s): Cysgod
Species: Greninja

Personality: Mai is a very quiet and shy girl, able to blend into her surroundings easily as someone beneath peoples notice. She does this by not confronting anyone and avoiding contact unless it's required for her job as a page.

This is her default personality when at the palace and not on missions, however when she is on missions Mai becomes very focused on her goal, and very stubborn. She will refuse to give up until a mission is completed or she is ordered to do so.

Mai feels a great debt of gratitude and is very loyal to the royal family for giving her a life and purpose. She would willingly sacrifice her own life without hesitation if Lady Alizé asked, or to keep from betraying the crown. Unfortunately she has an inferiority complex because of her dark nature and believes herself to be lower than her peers.

Nevertheless, Mai is a very skilled individual, despite not seeing this herself. At least not outside of her professional activities. Whenever something happens to shake her really bad she can become depressed and come down very hard on herself.

In her heart Mai is a very lonely individual, having lost her family and never making any true friends. While part of Mai does long for companionship, she believes that she is not worthy of it and that no one would want to be friends with someone like her.

History: Mai was born in Delinquent town, one of a pair of twins to two greninja parents. Her parents were not exactly happy with having two extra mouths to feed instead of the one they had planned for, but nevertheless decided to step up to the task as their family honor was at stake.

Mai’s brother Wan-Ping always received better treatment than Mai as both parents secretly resented Mai as they had only wanted a male child. Mai’s father Ken-Ping worked for a local crime boss named Wallfon Frisk as an enforcer, and after the children were born Mai’s mother Sou-Ling went to work as a dancer and courtesan.

Due to her parents neglect and both of them working constantly, Mai and Wan often had to take care of themselves. This often left Wan protecting his weaker sister and shielding her from as much of the darkness of their world as he could. Mai, deeply looked up to her brother and became rather adept at household chores at a young age, filling in the role of their mother.

When the children were eight years old, Wan began using his high speed, agility and nerves of steel to run packages throughout the city. Mai was very proud of her brother for helping the family and being so resourceful. Unbeknownst to Mai most of the packages her brother ran were various illegal drugs.

One night Mai was cooking dinner for her family when the young Froakie girl shivered, having the intense feeling of being watched. She ran to the window and looked outside, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. After a moment she shrugged and went back to the meal she was cooking. Later in a rare occurrence all of her family came home at the same time. This was very unusual as her mother worked most nights and her father was almost always busy. When she asked Sou why she was home, the answer she received was that the Wicked Rose brothel had closed for the night.

Mai felt her skin crawl and her every instinct screamed that something was wrong. Ken and Sou immediately took wary stances. Sou formed stars made of pure water in her hands, while Ken went down to the floor board and pulled a beautiful sword from a hidden spot under the floor.

Immediately after the front door of their house splintered into tiny pieces, as a huge fist ripped through it. Silhouetted in the door frame was a huge brute of a man. The figure must have stood nine feet tall with a large horn on it’s forehead reaching another six inches into the sky. Aleksei, the Rhydon stood in the hole that was once their front door and glared at his fellow enforcer. Ken seemed surprised at the intrusion when he saw who it was. When Ken asked what the meaning of the attack was. Aleksi told him that Frisk wanted back what was stolen from him. Ken said that his honor would never let him steal from his boss, but the Rhydon and the four men with him did not seem in the mood to chat.

A battle broke out in the house as Wan grabbed his sister and bolted for the back door. As Mai was being carried by her brother, she saw her parents fighting off the attack force and then just as both Greninja were dodging attacks two blue shuriken struck both her parents in the back. There was a loud impact and suddenly the house exploded in sheer force as the ground ripped itself apart. Mai was flung out of her brother’s arms and through the air. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a spike of wood drive itself into her brothers left eye. The young Froakie girl was slammed through the back wall of the house, and flung many feet from the wreckage landing dazed and hurt beside a path. With her ears ringing and her vision blurred she stumbled toward where she thought the house was. However the concussion sent her in the opposite direction and she finally collapsed in the street.

Fate decreed that it was not the girl’s day to die, as a beautiful Pyroar was passing by accompanied by two guards. The woman Lady Alizé looked down at the broken girl at her feet and recognized the kunai shaped birthmark on the back of the girl’s neck. The mark was of the Wu Shui clan, from the distant Kagura kingdom to the Far East. The Wu Shui were a clan of elite ninja who had protected the imperial throne of Kagura for a thousand years.

Never one to waste a potential asset, Lady Alizé had the guards bring the girl back with her to the palace. Countess Alizé Deidre Moreaux, was the ideal image of a noble lady. Tall, beautiful, graceful with impeccable etiquette and courtly manners, she was well known in the court. What was known by only a handful, was that Lady Alizé served the king and queen personally. Her job was to ferret out any threats to the throne, and to send the knights to deal with it. She was a master at acquiring information and held dirt on a vast majority of the noble families. She also kept her ear to the ground concerning Delinquent town and neighboring kingdoms.

Lady Alizé raised the young girl, teaching her all manner of things such as courtly etiquette, subterfuge, academics, and languages. She would use others to round out the girls education including stealth, larceny, and self defense. She instilled in Mai a strong sense loyalty to the crown, and how grateful she should be to have her life saved and given purpose. Mai began to serve as Lady Alizé's page and servant in the courts eyes while the Pyroar began to send her on espionage missions to gather Intel.

Appearance: Mai-Ling is a short thin wisp of a girl. She stands at around 4ft 10in and weighs barely 110lbs. She has long dark blue hair that she often keeps up in a tight bun or in a single long braid that hangs down to her ass. Her skin has a slightly black tone to it and her eyes are a deep red. Her ears are tall and sharply pointed sweeping back in an angle behind her head for a good ten inches or so. Her thighs are powerfully built and strongly muscled. At her backside is a very short tail that she usually keeps under her clothing.

Clothing: Mai-Ling wears a variety of outfits depending on what role she is serving in. When fulfilling her duties as a page, Mai wears a long crimson red tunic, over black leggings topped with thigh high black boots and a black and gold belt over the tunic. She wears a round black hat with a single large red feather sticking out the top. When gathering intel through stealth Mai wears a solid black ninja style outfit with a face covering cloth. When not performing either duty, Mai tends to wear a loose flowing blue tunic and wide flowing cloth pants with sandals on her feet.

Special Abilities:
Mai-Ling has the ability to form compressed water shuriken and small blades that are as strong as steel although she rarely uses this ability offensively. She is also incredibly fast and stealthy.

Edits made in red at request of Ny and Pen

Last edited:
Np I look forward to rping some more with you guys. I also am looking forward to getting to rp with Story and Espeon:angel:

I don't have to be the evil gm this time.

Ok the update finally finished. Posting my entry although going after Story makes me feel like I still didn't write enough. :'|

Name: Mai-ling
Nickname(s): Cysgod
Species: Greninja

Personality: Mai is a very quiet and shy girl, able to blend into her surroundings easily as someone beneath peoples notice. She does this by not confronting anyone and avoiding contact unless it's required for her job as a page.

This is her default personality when at the palace and not on missions, however when she is on missions Mai becomes very focused on her goal, and very stubborn. She will refuse to give up until a mission is completed or she is ordered to do so.

Mai feels a great debt of gratitude and is very loyal to the royal family for giving her a life and purpose. She would willingly sacrifice her own life without hesitation if Lady Alizé asked, or to keep from betraying the crown. Unfortunately she has an inferiority complex because of her dark nature and believes herself to be lower than her peers.

Nevertheless, Mai is a very skilled individual, despite not seeing this herself. At least not outside of her professional activities. Whenever something happens to shake her really bad she can become depressed and come down very hard on herself.

In her heart Mai is a very lonely individual, having lost her family and never making any true friends. While part of Mai does long for companionship, she believes that she is not worthy of it and that no one would want to be friends with someone like her.

History: Mai was born in Delinquent town, one of a pair of twins to two greninja parents. Her parents were not exactly happy with having two extra mouths to feed instead of the one they had planned for, but nevertheless decided to step up to the task as their family honor was at stake.

Mai’s brother Wan-Ping always received better treatment than Mai as both parents secretly resented Mai as they had only wanted a male child. Mai’s father Ken-Ping worked for a local crime boss named Wallfon Frisk as an enforcer, and after the children were born Mai’s mother Sou-Ling went to work as a dancer and courtesan.

Due to her parents neglect and both of them working constantly, Mai and Wan often had to take care of themselves. This often left Wan protecting his weaker sister and shielding her from as much of the darkness of their world as he could. Mai, deeply looked up to her brother and became rather adept at household chores at a young age, filling in the role of their mother.

When the children were eight years old, Wan began using his high speed, agility and nerves of steel to run packages throughout the city. Mai was very proud of her brother for helping the family and being so resourceful. Unbeknownst to Mai most of the packages her brother ran were various illegal drugs.

One night Mai was cooking dinner for her family when the young Froakie girl shivered, having the intense feeling of being watched. She ran to the window and looked outside, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. After a moment she shrugged and went back to the meal she was cooking. Later in a rare occurrence all of her family came home at the same time. This was very unusual as her mother worked most nights and her father was almost always busy. When she asked Sou why she was home, the answer she received was that the Wicked Rose brothel had closed for the night.

Mai felt her skin crawl and her every instinct screamed that something was wrong. Ken and Sou immediately took wary stances. Sou formed stars made of pure water in her hands, while Ken went down to the floor board and pulled a beautiful sword from a hidden spot under the floor.

Immediately after the front door of their house splintered into tiny pieces, as a huge fist ripped through it. Silhouetted in the door frame was a huge brute of a man. The figure must have stood nine feet tall with a large horn on it’s forehead reaching another six inches into the sky. Aleksei, the Rhydon stood in the hole that was once their front door and glared at his fellow enforcer. Ken seemed surprised at the intrusion when he saw who it was. When Ken asked what the meaning of the attack was. Aleksi told him that Frisk wanted back what was stolen from him. Ken said that his honor would never let him steal from his boss, but the Rhydon and the four men with him did not seem in the mood to chat.

A battle broke out in the house as Wan grabbed his sister and bolted for the back door. As Mai was being carried by her brother, she saw her parents fighting off the attack force and then just as both Greninja were dodging attacks two blue shuriken struck both her parents in the back. There was a loud impact and suddenly the house exploded in sheer force as the ground ripped itself apart. Mai was flung out of her brother’s arms and through the air. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a spike of wood drive itself into her brothers left eye. The young Froakie girl was slammed through the back wall of the house, and flung many feet from the wreckage landing dazed and hurt beside a path. With her ears ringing and her vision blurred she stumbled toward where she thought the house was. However the concussion sent her in the opposite direction and she finally collapsed in the street.

Fate decreed that it was not the girl’s day to die, as a beautiful Pyroar was passing by accompanied by two guards. The woman Lady Alizé looked down at the broken girl at her feet and recognized the kunai shaped birthmark on the back of the girl’s neck. The mark was of the Wu Shui clan, from the distant Kagura kingdom to the Far East. The Wu Shui were a clan of elite ninja who had protected the imperial throne of Kagura for a thousand years.

Never one to waste a potential asset, Lady Alizé had the guards bring the girl back with her to the palace. Countess Alizé Deidre Moreaux, was the ideal image of a noble lady. Tall, beautiful, graceful with impeccable etiquette and courtly manners, she was well known in the court. What was known by only a handful, was that Lady Alizé served the king and queen personally. Her job was to ferret out any threats to the throne, and to send the knights to deal with it. She was a master at acquiring information and held dirt on a vast majority of the noble families. She also kept her ear to the ground concerning Delinquent town and neighboring kingdoms.

Lady Alizé raised the young girl, teaching her all manner of things such as courtly etiquette, subterfuge, academics, and languages. She would use others to round out the girls education including stealth, larceny, and self defense. She instilled in Mai a strong sense loyalty to the crown, and how grateful she should be to have her life saved and given purpose. Mai began to serve as Lady Alizé's page and servant in the courts eyes while the Pyroar began to send her on espionage missions to gather Intel.

Appearance: Mai-Ling is a short thin wisp of a girl. She stands at around 4ft 10in and weighs barely 110lbs. She has long dark blue hair that she often keeps up in a tight bun or in a single long braid that hangs down to her ass. Her skin has a slightly black tone to it and her eyes are a deep red. Her ears are tall and sharply pointed sweeping back in an angle behind her head for a good ten inches or so. Her thighs are powerfully built and strongly muscled. At her backside is a very short tail that she usually keeps under her clothing.

Clothing: Mai-Ling wears a variety of outfits depending on what role she is serving in. When fulfilling her duties as a page, Mai wears a long crimson red tunic, over black leggings topped with thigh high black boots and a black and gold belt over the tunic. She wears a round black hat with a single large red feather sticking out the top. When gathering intel through stealth Mai wears a solid black ninja style outfit with a face covering cloth. When not performing either duty, Mai tends to wear a loose flowing blue tunic and wide flowing cloth pants with sandals on her feet.

Special Abilities:
Mai-Ling has the ability to form compressed water shuriken and small blades that are as strong as steel although she rarely uses this ability offensively. She is also incredibly fast and stealthy.

Edits made in red at request of Ny and Pen
This is like my favourite character ever, good job Astral! :D

o.o

Holy cow. I think I need to step up my game when it comes to writing. GEEZ, you guys are seriously way out of my league. No, I'm not quitting though. I'm just gonna have to work at writing even harder! >:D Challenge accepted!! Huzzah~!

As for your question, @Nygenn , yes, they are unfortunately no longer living due to a massive fight that happened between them. I guess, since I didn't really think of how specifically it ended, it could be one of those tie situations like in some anime where both characters hit each other with a fatal attack simultaneously, ending the fight with either heavy injuries on both ends, or death. That's the best I can describe it right now, school fried my brain. XD

o.o

Holy cow. I think I need to step up my game when it comes to writing. GEEZ, you guys are seriously way out of my league. No, I'm not quitting though. I'm just gonna have to work at writing even harder! >:D Challenge accepted!! Huzzah~!

As for your question, @Nygenn , yes, they are unfortunately no longer living due to a massive fight that happened between them. I guess, since I didn't really think of how specifically it ended, it could be one of those tie situations like in some anime where both characters hit each other with a fatal attack simultaneously, ending the fight with either heavy injuries on both ends, or death. That's the best I can describe it right now, school fried my brain. XD

Good on you for rising up to the challenge.

And don't fret the details. I just wanted to make sure I got it right and they both died, how specifically is of no real consequence at this point. Though don't ever go for the anime double knockout, not when writing at least. In this case I would suggest having one be so wounded that he/she is just bleeding out and entering a slow death, but then have that one finish the other in a sudden break... and then bleed to death. Much more dramatic and believable.

On that note, don't ever talk about a character sweatdropping or something similar. Anime/cartoon responses that work visually in that manner do not translate into words and descriptions at all. I'm not saying you are, but if you ever feel yourself be tempted... don't :D

Last edited:
Good on you for rising up to the challenge.

And don't fret the details. I just wanted to make sure I got it right and they both died, how specifically is of no real consequence at this point. Though don't ever go for the anime double knockout, not when writing at least. In this case I would suggest having one be so wounded that he/she is just bleeding out and entering a slow death, but then have that one finish the other in a sudden break... and then bleed to death. Much more dramatic and believable.

On that note, don't ever talk about a character sweatdropping or something similar. Anime/cartoon responses that word visually in that manner do not translate into words and descriptions at all. I'm not saying you are, but if you ever feel yourself be tempted... don't :D
Noted. I do that frequently, so I'll have to remind myself to refrain XD Oh! And I think I'll edit Ajani's height a bit. Still smol, but not as smol. :p

Last edited:
Name:
Alora Shimmings

Nickname(s):
Northern Lights, Bora (by only a few select people)

Female

Species:
Amaura

Jewler

Personality:

Alora is a fairly knowledgeable person who likes to keep to herself. She's been known to garden (which she isn't very good at) rather than go to dinners or be exposed to any social interactions. Alora is polite, and will talk to someone if spoken to, but she still doesn't overly appriciate it. Despite not enjoying time around other people, Alora will approach someone in order to help them, such as helping a guard find a raucous figure and help form strategic ways to deal with violent situations, but even then, Alora tends to keep her words short, and seems to nod a lot. Working as a Jewler does change her personality at times; after all, how is she supposed to sell her creations if she can't help those who are interested in her goods? So at times, Alora will become slightly more extroverted and step out of her comfort zone to talk to people, but those occasions are fairly rare. Her 'cold shoulder' fools many, as Alora, in contradiction to her personality towards the general public, loves to spend time with babies and young children who are generally very curious.

History:
Alora was born to two Arourus, both who once made their living off the sea. She was born far from Suimera, someplace very snowy as she can recall. Her parents refuse to talk about why they moved, or even why decided to said across the oceans in their tiny boat from their homeland when they were five. Her mother passes it off as a simple will to move somewhere more popular and with more activity, as 'up North', as she refers to their old home, was fairly barren. Other than her infuriating topic of her old life, Alora never had that much to worry about. Her family landed in at a middle class status, not poor, but not rich, and once she made a few friends she was content. After a bit of tutoring from a servant, her father was an expert metal and gem collector and, once given to his wife, those materials formed into precious jewelry. Alora would spend hours just gazing at her mother's handiwork as she formed the necklaces and gold flaked dresses and she knew she wanted to deal with precious gems and metals as soon as her mother stopped sewing fishnets and started weaving gold.

When it comes to parenting, the Shimmings took their job seriously. Alora has been told many, many times that a young Snorunt child was once taken by a band of Archeops and was never seen again. The Shimmings, since having Alora, always feared for their child. To be entirely honest, the Amaura girl doesn't even recognize as to why they worry so much. She was an only child, which she considered being the reason, but the extent they took it to; wearing a bell sometimes in public to ensure they can always hear where she is, to sleeping in her room one night after hearing a bump in the house (which was later discovered to be the result of a hunk of gold rolling to the ground after not being properly secured upon it's stand). Due to this overprotectiveness, Alora found comfort in books and studying the types of materials her father brought home some days, and those friends she made? The only one who was patient enough with her and her parents was the son of an Ampharos family who specialized in making clothing; much of the clothing that her mother adorned in Jewels came from that family- working together to please a client. The Flaffy child is still her friend, however they don't see each other much.

When she turned eighteen, that's when Alora became afraid of the dark. She recalls walking down the streets to her parent's house after delivering a fine necklace to a wealthy customer. Her trek took far longer than hoped, and it was night before she made it back into familiar territory. Alora noted that nobody was outside at that point in time, which she brushed off as lateness. However, when she rounded a corner to make the final few meters to her house, she was knocked off her feet and pushed to the ground, where a Mightyena thief rummaged through her bag, stole the fruits of the time consuming, fine necklace and discarded the empty shell of the bag. It was that moment that made her afraid of the dark, even though she refuses to admit it. That event also contributed that she is nineteen and still an Amaura- she needs to be outside at night to evolve into an Arourus.

When her nineteenth birthday rolled around, her parents finally allowed her to fully take over their business of making and selling jewelry. Her father had broken his back out in the caverns, ("Damn those slippery edges!" As he kept saying) and he was lucky to even be alive. The downside was that despite getting help, his back healed in an awkward way, so he's no longer able to do the taxing work of a miner. Alora managed to find a group of Dugtrio and Ryhorn to help her collect and move the metals and gems, but she works by herself in the shop- once her home. Her parents moved to the country and they were so set on making a good life for themselves despite their early retirement. She still manages to sell beautiful pieces of jewelry and has created one of the best and most popular metal and jewelry stores. Alora insisted on working alone, but without her parents, she's become even more interested in her past.

Appearance:
She looks somewhat older than her actual age, but overall she has a slim figure and isn't necessarily very tall, or on that same note, very short; falling in at 5"7. Her hair is generally very flat, moderately long, falling to her shoulder blades, and sporting a light blonde color with a hue of ice blue in some places. Protruding from her head are two yellow/pink 'fins' that change to different colors through out the day- through a very slow, gradient process. Alora is very pale, mostly due to her lack of outdoor activities and her unwillingness to be around others. Alora's eyes are two blue orbs that are somewhat large compared to that of a normal person's, and they only look bigger thanks to her slightly small nose and mouth. Two perfectly diamond shaped 'ice' diamonds rise up from her skin on her shoulders, though they are often protected by her appearal. From the base of her spine, a small, cone shaped blue tail grows out, and normally gets in the way of her everyday life, much to her annoyance.

Clothing:
Alora usually wears a white chemise with abnormally long sleeves nearing the cuffs, but this white garment has a slight tear in the neckline, however that is fairly small and otherwise hard to notice. Over her ribs and down to her hips she has a brown corset, but it's fairly loose and she doesn't like to wear it, as despite its loose nature, as it makes her feel moderately trapped within her clothing, but it is the only thing ensuring that her skirt doesn't fall. Her skirt, which almost reaches the floor, is white in the middle and light blue on the sides and back. It is pulled over the chemise and held in place by the corset. Her shoes are thin sandals, but they are rarely seen under her skirt. It looks much like this.

Special Abilities: With a bit of work, Alora can cool the temperature of the air by 30 or so degrees depending on how much effort she wants to put into it. She can also form small ice crystals if she wants.

Please let me know if I should or need to fix anything, I tried my best to make it quickly, but sometimes my schedule doesn't agree with me XD. So I apologize for any mistakes, and I'd gladly tweak my character as needed.

Oh yes, most definitely @Nygenn and @PentheWonderful ! I'll add you right now to my list of best Roleplayers, I've read through so many of your roleplays and I can't express how much I think you people should become writers. I'm thinking that I'd better just add everyone here right now- you're all so talented! (I'm totally not trying to cover it for the fact that I totally forgot about my signature. >_<)

Last edited:
Oh, @PentheWonderful and @Nygenn I have a quick question.

So far, I've been assuming that all discrimination against race, sex, and age will be null in this roleplay; because I know for a fact that the Medieval times did not give women in particular equal rights, and I'm fairly sure that a woman wouldn't be running a business (like I've done with Alora) in the actual Medieval Era. So am I right in assuming that those discriminations are put aside for this?

Name:
Alora Shimmings

Nickname(s):
Northern Lights, Bora (by only a few select people)

Female

Species:
Amaura

Jewler

Personality:

Alora is a fairly knowledgeable person who likes to keep to herself. She's been known to garden (which she isn't very good at) rather than go to dinners or be exposed to any social interactions. Alora is polite, and will talk to someone if spoken to, but she still doesn't overly appriciate it. Despite not enjoying time around other people, Alora will approach someone in order to help them, such as helping a guard find a raucous figure and help form strategic ways to deal with violent situations, but even then, Alora tends to keep her words short, and seems to nod a lot. Working as a Jewler does change her personality at times; after all, how is she supposed to sell her creations if she can't help those who are interested in her goods? So at times, Alora will become slightly more extroverted and step out of her comfort zone to talk to people, but those occasions are fairly rare. Her 'cold shoulder' fools many, as Alora, in contradiction to her personality towards the general public, loves to spend time with babies and young children who are generally very curious.

History:
Alora was born to two Arourus, both who once made their living off the sea. She was born far from Suimera, someplace very snowy as she can recall. Her parents refuse to talk about why they moved, or even why decided to said across the oceans in their tiny boat from their homeland when they were five. Her mother passes it off as a simple will to move somewhere more popular and with more activity, as 'up North', as she refers to their old home, was fairly barren. Other than her infuriating topic of her old life, Alora never had that much to worry about. Her family landed in at a middle class status, not poor, but not rich, and once she made a few friends she was content. After a bit of tutoring from a servant, her father was an expert metal and gem collector and, once given to his wife, those materials formed into precious jewelry. Alora would spend hours just gazing at her mother's handiwork as she formed the necklaces and gold flaked dresses and she knew she wanted to deal with precious gems and metals as soon as her mother stopped sewing fishnets and started weaving gold.

When it comes to parenting, the Shimmings took their job seriously. Alora has been told many, many times that a young Snorunt child was once taken by a band of Archeops and was never seen again. The Shimmings, since having Alora, always feared for their child. To be entirely honest, the Amaura girl doesn't even recognize as to why they worry so much. She was an only child, which she considered being the reason, but the extent they took it to; wearing a bell sometimes in public to ensure they can always hear where she is, to sleeping in her room one night after hearing a bump in the house (which was later discovered to be the result of a hunk of gold rolling to the ground after not being properly secured upon it's stand). Due to this overprotectiveness, Alora found comfort in books and studying the types of materials her father brought home some days, and those friends she made? The only one who was patient enough with her and her parents was the son of an Ampharos family who specialized in making clothing; much of the clothing that her mother adorned in Jewels came from that family- working together to please a client. The Flaffy child is still her friend, however they don't see each other much.

When she turned eighteen, that's when Alora became afraid of the dark. She recalls walking down the streets to her parent's house after delivering a fine necklace to a wealthy customer. Her trek took far longer than hoped, and it was night before she made it back into familiar territory. Alora noted that nobody was outside at that point in time, which she brushed off as lateness. However, when she rounded a corner to make the final few meters to her house, she was knocked off her feet and pushed to the ground, where a Mightyena thief rummaged through her bag, stole the fruits of the time consuming, fine necklace and discarded the empty shell of the bag. It was that moment that made her afraid of the dark, even though she refuses to admit it. That event also contributed that she is nineteen and still an Amaura- she needs to be outside at night to evolve into an Arourus.

When her nineteenth birthday rolled around, her parents finally allowed her to fully take over their business of making and selling jewelry. Her father had broken his back out in the caverns, ("Damn those slippery edges!" As he kept saying) and he was lucky to even be alive. The downside was that despite getting help, his back healed in an awkward way, so he's no longer able to do the taxing work of a miner. Alora managed to find a group of Dugtrio and Ryhorn to help her collect and move the metals and gems, but she works by herself in the shop- once her home. Her parents moved to the country and they were so set on making a good life for themselves despite their early retirement. She still manages to sell beautiful pieces of jewelry and has created one of the best and most popular metal and jewelry stores. Alora insisted on working alone, but without her parents, she's become even more interested in her past.

Appearance:
She looks somewhat older than her actual age, but overall she has a slim figure and isn't necessarily very tall, or on that same note, very short; falling in at 5"7. Her hair is generally very flat, moderately long, falling to her shoulder blades, and sporting a light blonde color with a hue of ice blue in some places. Protruding from her head are two yellow/pink 'fins' that change to different colors through out the day- through a very slow, gradient process. Alora is very pale, mostly due to her lack of outdoor activities and her unwillingness to be around others. Alora's eyes are two blue orbs that are somewhat large compared to that of a normal person's, and they only look bigger thanks to her slightly small nose and mouth. Two perfectly diamond shaped 'ice' diamonds rise up from her skin on her shoulders, though they are often protected by her appearal. From the base of her spine, a small, cone shaped blue tail grows out, and normally gets in the way of her everyday life, much to her annoyance.

Clothing:
Alora usually wears a white chemise with abnormally long sleeves nearing the cuffs, but this white garment has a slight tear in the neckline, however that is fairly small and otherwise hard to notice. Over her ribs and down to her hips she has a brown corset, but it's fairly loose and she doesn't like to wear it, as despite its loose nature, as it makes her feel moderately trapped within her clothing, but it is the only thing ensuring that her skirt doesn't fall. Her skirt, which almost reaches the floor, is white in the middle and light blue on the sides and back. It is pulled over the chemise and held in place by the corset. Her shoes are thin sandals, but they are rarely seen under her skirt. It looks much like this.

Special Abilities: With a bit of work, Alora can cool the temperature of the air by 30 or so degrees depending on how much effort she wants to put into it. She can also form small ice crystals if she wants.

Please let me know if I should or need to fix anything, I tried my best to make it quickly, but sometimes my schedule doesn't agree with me XD. So I apologize for any mistakes, and I'd gladly tweak my character as needed.

Oh yes, most definitely @Nygenn and @PentheWonderful ! I'll add you right now to my list of best Roleplayers, I've read through so many of your roleplays and I can't express how much I think you people should become writers. I'm thinking that I'd better just add everyone here right now- you're all so talented! (I'm totally not trying to cover it for the fact that I totally forgot about my signature. >_<)
Approved! Now I'm waiting for one more person and we can officially begin. ;)

Oh, @PentheWonderful and @Nygenn I have a quick question.

So far, I've been assuming that all discrimination against race, sex, and age will be null in this roleplay; because I know for a fact that the Medieval times did not give women in particular equal rights, and I'm fairly sure that a woman wouldn't be running a business (like I've done with Alora) in the actual Medieval Era. So am I right in assuming that those discriminations are put aside for this?
Well, discrimination here is mostly centered towards type, not gender or age, (race falls into species and species to types) as I've mentioned in the intro. People tend to look twice or cross the street when encountered with delinquent types such as Poison, Ghost, and Dark. So, unless you have those typings (even as a dual type), you'd be quite well accepted in Suimera.

There are other forms of discrimination as well of course, but those generally less socially accepted. (strange to imply racism, or typism really, is somwhat socially accepted.) Somehow it's wrong to discriminate against Fire even if you are a Grass type, but it's okay to hate on Dark types. :D

What a nasty, yet realistic place we've created.

There are people or type that just dislike bug types, or fear fire types, or look down on ground types. You can go as wild with this as you like. The dislike/distrust towards the Poison, Dark, and Ghost are just more general and sort of a common notion. Even if you're not a racist you will often note their type and be on guard regardless. Unless you're one of those pure or oblivious characters. ;)

Last edited:
Alright! Gonna start working on my character bio here in a bit. Quick question, though, since I wanna use Diana for this (which would be an Arbok gijinka) would it be alright if she came from Deliquent town since she's poison type? She doesn't necessarily have to live there, but I was thinking it'd be cool if she was from there.

Alright! Gonna start working on my character bio here in a bit. Quick question, though, since I wanna use Diana for this (which would be an Arbok gijinka) would it be alright if she came from Deliquent town since she's poison type? She doesn't necessarily have to live there, but I was thinking it'd be cool if she was from there.
Of course it is. We're just providing the stage really. It's going to be up to all of us together to see how this society would function. You can be from where you like, though the Palace would need a compelling backstory. ;)

As stated before, there is nothing preventing anyone with an "unfortunate" typing to still be nice and accepted. Heck in some cases it's a benefit. I think her poison type will add spice to Diana, and probably make her that much more alluring as an entertainer.

I second what Nygenn said. :p

Can't wait to see the finished bio!

Last edited:
I just realized how unstable this ecosystem is. Think about it- in the 'normal' Pokémon world, Pokémon are meant, in a way, to replace the role of animals in our world- that means they do the animal's jobs as well: pollination, grazing, hunting, seed dispersal, decomposition, fertilization, general diversity and population maintenance, ect, ect. Without this, there wouldn't be any life, especially with items that involve helping plants reproduce, as they're the staple of energy of all living things. Now, in this world, we've combined the roles of animals and humans, and I presume eliminated a main influence of animals in general by turning them into these human like creations in a humanoid society. So who is doing their jobs? I suppose everyone could still partake in the ecosystem, but it's not like there's a hive of Combee who spend every moment of their days collecting nectar and spreading pollen, nor do we have billions of bugs decomposing the dead into soil and chemicals for plants. There could be jobs in general to do such things, but even then I doubt that there'd be enough creatures doing it to mirror those in the real world.

Then again, this is only presuming that no creatures exist other than... gijinkas, are they called? And that all of these... uh.. people are actually civilized and not just a minority. But if these factors aren't in effect then-

Eh? This was supposed to be light hearted fun without me poking holes into the fabric of the universe? Oh, uh...
*whispers* I was never here.

:p

Name:
Flow Beam
Nickname(s): Flow
Species: Espeon
Personality: She only cares about herself. And money, don't forget that. Flow will kill, injure, kidnap or steal from any adult, you don't got to give her a reason, just a price. She won't kill a child, or someone who can't defend themselves, however. She's spiteful, a manipulative woman who will do anything to get by. She's greedy, cruel, but will show mercy. If she feels she is at risk, don't expect her to stay. She's anything but loyal, except to those she trusts.

History: Flow was raised on her own. She fed herself, she cared for herself, she watched her own back. She didn't have anyone growing up, with her mother and father, a Vaporeon and a Flareon, arguing constantly over her. She had evolved quite early into her Espeon form. Neither had any poison type blood, and at first thought Flow was a poison type, but without a proper education, neither were to be sure, and evently just dumped her on the outskirts of the kingdom. Flow was left alone in the cold, with both parents believing she wouldn't make it past the winter.

But, she did. And through that winter, Flow harbored hatred for every living being around her, except for one. When she turned twelve, she met an orphaned Eevee by the name of Swish who had a nick in his left ear. She cared for Swish deeply and took care of the child. She cared more about Swish then she cared about herself. She'd not eat for three days if it meant Swish could eat for a week. she'd steal from the poor or rich. And eventually, she'd kill for Swish. It was a dark night, the moon was covered leaving the fields in darkness. Flow had taken Swish into a Arcanine's farm in hopes to find food, when one of the farm hands, spotted the pair. He was a Dustox, who was shocked to find them. He went to try and stop them, lunging towards Swish first. Flow got to the Dustox first, finalizing her future fate, and while by accident, crushing the lad's neck. She was scared at first, and picked up the three year old Swish, turning tail and fleeing.

It was when Swish evolved that everything went wrong. Swish had just gotten so excited, so happy to see the moon come back out after a long overcast week, and Flow didn't realize what happened until it was too late to stop it. Swish, having grown up with a psychic type, knew that Dark types were bad. Flow didn't even get a chance to explain to Swish that he wouldn't hurt her, that he was too sweet- Swish ran away in the night.

She grew used to killing, and became ruthless in her search for Swish. Overtime, she grew metalious and rejoiced in killing. The blood of her enemies became a taste she grew to love, a tasteful treat. She became a maid for some wealthy family within the kingdom, but still kills at night rather than relaxing, all while searching for Swish. She never kills by her home in the servant's quarters- she tends to hunt around well known "risk" areas- the homes of Dark, Ghost and Poison types. She knows she's at risk in their territories, but the poor economy within the area makes for an easy kill, as well as easy access to rumors about the Umbreon with the nick in his ear.

Appearance:
She's rather short, around 4"6. She has two lilac, rabbit-like ears sprouting from her head with the lilac tuffs just a little below. Her eyes come off glowing and are a darker purple than her ears and hair. Her hair is the same lilac as her ears, and is long, stopping about two inches down from her shoulders. Her skin is a gentle bronze color, contrasting nicely with the red dot on her forehead.

Clothing:When she is not wearing an average maid's uniform, she can be found in tight skin clothing, usually all black and a little bit revealing when she needs it to be, when searching for an easy hunt. She wears her hair back in a bun most of the time. When she's on her free day, and isn't hunting, she wears a gentle dress with a tight corset in an attempt to look more appealing towards others in an attempt to find a man with more money, who's willing to look past her employment- even if it's just at her looks. She won't be with him long anyway, if it does happen.

Special Abilities: Telekinesis- she can pick up things and people with her mind, and do as she pleases with them.

Name: Flow Beam
Personality: She only cares about herself. And money, don't forget that. Flow will kill, injure, kidnap or steal from any adult, you don't got to give her a reason, just a price. She won't kill a child, or someone who can't defend themselves, however. She's spiteful, a manipulative woman who will do anything to get by. She's greedy, cruel, but will show mercy. If she feels she is at risk, don't expect her to stay. She's anything but loyal, except to those she trusts.

History: Flow was raised on her own. She fed herself, she cared for herself, she watched her own back. She didn't have anyone growing up, with her mother and father, a Vaporeon and a Flareon, arguing constantly over her. She had evolved quite early into her Espeon form. Neither had any poison type blood, and at first thought Flow was a poison type, but without a proper education, neither were to be sure, and evently just dumped her on the outskirts of the kingdom. Flow was left alone in the cold, with both parents believing she wouldn't make it past the winter.

But, she did. And through that winter, Flow harbored hatred for every living being around her, except for one. When she turned twelve, she met an orphaned Eevee by the name of Swish who had a nick in his left ear. She cared for Swish deeply and took care of the child. She cared more about Swish then she cared about herself. She'd not eat for three days if it meant Swish could eat for a week. she'd steal from the poor or rich. And eventually, she'd kill for Swish. It was a dark night, the moon was covered leaving the fields in darkness. Flow had taken Swish into a Arcanine's farm in hopes to find food, when one of the farm hands, spotted the pair. He was a Dustox, who was shocked to find them. He went to try and stop them, lunging towards Swish first. Flow got to the Dustox first, finalizing her future fate, and while by accident, crushing the lad's neck. She was scared at first, and picked up the three year old Swish, turning tail and fleeing.

It was when Swish evolved that everything went wrong. Swish had just gotten so excited, so happy to see the moon come back out after a long overcast week, and Flow didn't realize what happened until it was too late to stop it. Swish, having grown up with a psychic type, knew that Dark types were bad. Flow didn't even get a chance to explain to Swish that he wouldn't hurt her, that he was too sweet- Swish ran away in the night.

She grew used to killing, and became ruthless in her search for Swish. Overtime, she grew metalious and rejoiced in killing. The blood of her enemies became a taste she grew to love, a tasteful treat. She became a maid for some wealthy family within the kingdom, but still kills at night rather than relaxing, all while searching for Swish. She never kills by her home in the servant's quarters- she tends to hunt around well known "risk" areas- the homes of Dark, Ghost and Poison types. She knows she's at risk in their territories, but the poor economy within the area makes for an easy kill, as well as easy access to rumors about the Umbreon with the nick in his ear.

Appearance:
She's rather short, around 4"6. She has two lilac, rabbit-like ears sprouting from her head with the lilac tuffs just a little below. Her eyes come off glowing and are a darker purple than her ears and hair. Her hair is the same lilac as her ears, and is long, stopping about two inches down from her shoulders. Her skin is a gentle bronze color, contrasting nicely with the red dot on her forehead.

Clothing:When she is not wearing an average maid's uniform, she can be found in tight skin clothing, usually all black and a little bit revealing when she needs it to be, when searching for an easy hunt. She wears her hair back in a bun most of the time. When she's on her free day, and isn't hunting, she wears a gentle dress with a tight corset in an attempt to look more appealing towards others in an attempt to find a man with more money, who's willing to look past her employment- even if it's just at her looks. She won't be with him long anyway, if it does happen.

Special Abilities: Telekinesis- she can pick up things and people with her mind, and do as she pleases with them.
Jesus, I wouldn't want her dusting my house :p

I just realized how unstable this ecosystem is. Think about it- in the 'normal' Pokémon world, Pokémon are meant, in a way, to replace the role of animals in our world- that means they do the animal's jobs as well: pollination, grazing, hunting, seed dispersal, decomposition, fertilization, general diversity and population maintenance, ect, ect. Without this, there wouldn't be any life, especially with items that involve helping plants reproduce, as they're the staple of energy of all living things. Now, in this world, we've combined the roles of animals and humans, and I presume eliminated a main influence of animals in general by turning them into these human like creations in a humanoid society. So who is doing their jobs? I suppose everyone could still partake in the ecosystem, but it's not like there's a hive of Combee who spend every moment of their days collecting nectar and spreading pollen, nor do we have billions of bugs decomposing the dead into soil and chemicals for plants. There could be jobs in general to do such things, but even then I doubt that there'd be enough creatures doing it to mirror those in the real world.

Then again, this is only presuming that no creatures exist other than... gijinkas, are they called? And that all of these... uh.. people are actually civilized and not just a minority. But if these factors aren't in effect then-

Eh? This was supposed to be light hearted fun without me poking holes into the fabric of the universe? Oh, uh...

You raise some good points Storybook, disregarding the fact that many of these issues also apply to the regular Pokémon world. It would be naive to think that with a world full of creatures with abilities and influence like Pokémon that nature would have evolved itself in a way so similar to our own world.

I think we'll just treat it the same as we do the regular Pokémon world and say there are non-pokemon bees to pollinate plants, and that there are regular fish to feed on. That is, if it really comes up and you want to address it in the story. I'm open to suggestions though. I normally like to work out all the kinks like this is worlds, but since lots of it already taken for granted, what's a few more things?

Appearance: She's rather short, around 4"6. She has two lilac, rabbit-like ears sprouting from her head with the lilac tuffs just a little below. Her eyes come off glowing and are a darker purple than her ears and hair. Her hair is the same lilac as her ears, and is long, stopping about two inches down from her shoulders. Her skin is a gentle bronze color, contrasting nicely with the red dot on her forehead.

I'm actually a little worried about this character based on the description. :p
She seems downright psychotic, and is clearly a serial killer. I guess being that mentally messed up is why she would take on a serving job while she's clearly not a serving type. I am not against the idea of a serial killer character, though you can be damn sure that's a really high priority target that would have all the guards and soldiers on high alert. And if it's happening nightly there would probably be a curfew imposed until the issue was solved, and likely the festival would be postponed. Such a scorn wouldn't just be ignored.

Then I am actually confused about her history. Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't evolving into an Espeon require lots of love and sunshine? Where did that go when her folks just tossed her out with the expectation of her freezing to death, and why wouldn't her own parents know what an Espeon is?

I'm afraid I'm going to need some convincing before I sign off on this character, so make your case if you're serious about it. :angel:

Last edited:

We had this debate already in dark tournament. However in the normal Pokemon work animals do exist if you research it. Even in the games there are references in some Pokemon description of them eating insects or other animals not Pokemon.

Actually, I'm glad you pointed this out, because I wouldn't have had a reason to bring it up.

Since animals have supposedly been pushed to extinction by pokemon in the Canon universe, rendering them few and not so prevalent, in this universe, where pokemon have instead replaced humans, I'm making it official that there will be normal animals roaming about to sustain the ecosystem in the Pokemon's place, just to simplify things. Since there are farms in the kingdom, farmers would be raising normal cows, and chickens, and horses (we've seen it happen in The Good Dinosaur :p). There are normal birds flying about for seed dispersal, deers, and squirrels. And bees and butterflies to help pollination.

Would this be acceptable?

Appearance:

Now, as for your proposal, LadyLuc. I'm sorry to say it is denied until you fix some major problems with Flow's history and... Hobby.

Please refer to Nygenn's review for most of the major problems in her bio, because I agree that with Flow's chain murders, the festival and coronation wouldn't even be considered until the killer is caught, which eliminates a big plot point in the story. Secondly, Flow wouldn't be able to evolve into Espeon because her life lacked the requirements for her to be able to. Maybe an Umbreon would work, but definitely not Espeon. Also, her parents must be quite retarded to not know an Espeon eeveelution considering they are eeveelutions themselves.

I don't mind her being a selfish maid who would go out and charm rich men for money, that would actually make a very interesting and solid concept on its own in fact, but I highly prompt you to remove this serial killer bit because it just seems extremely unnecessary. (And because then you're leaving out mentally ill, psychotic, and sociopathic in her personality section, along with some very contradicting traits already on there. Cruel bit merciful? Untrustworthy but also loyal? A bit strange don't you think?)

As an alternative that I think would be interesting, you could do a classic 'good girl gone bad' with Flow, whereas she came from a very loving, albeit poor family with two doting parents, but this in turn caused her to be quite spoiled growing up, and that selfishness stuck with her when she became an Espeon and moved out, hence her naughty ways of charming men for money.

Last edited:
On that note, I'd like to point out that murders and assassinations are not a common occurrence, not even in Delitown (Delinquent Town, I hate that name :p). That's not to say that deaths do not occur, but killers should be smarter about it. A lot of the power that criminals managed to gather in the shadier parts of the kingdom happen in large part because the kingdom lets it happen. I don't think they'd be able to completely quell it if they wanted, or they probably would have, but it would be a civil war that neither side wants to happen.

So the dark dealings are more like shady trades, extortion, kidnappings, violence, and such things. But straight up murders would be done as a last measure or to make a big statement. The home invasion, leading to an exploding house in Mai-Lin's backstory is not an every day occurrence, or definitely shouldn't be at last.

I know that strife and conflict make for juicy stories so go ahead and have as much fun with that as you want/can, but keep in mind that this kingdom is not Gotham City, or Midgar. The majority of it is peaceful and prosperous. :)
There would be civil unrest, even in the nicer parts of town though. Unhappiness with the crown perhaps for whatever reason. Just know that there is enough happiness and goodwill flowing through the city's veins to satisfy anyone wanting to focus on that more than suffering.

Of course it is. We're just providing the stage really. It's going to be up to all of us together to see how this society would function. You can be from where you like, though the Palace would need a compelling backstory. ;)

As stated before, there is nothing preventing anyone with an "unfortunate" typing to still be nice and accepted. Heck in some cases it's a benefit. I think her poison type will add spice to Diana, and probably make her that much more alluring as an entertainer.

Sweet! Here be my entry then :3

Name: Diana
Nickname(s): Ana
Species: Arbok
Personality:
Diana tends to appear calm and collected. She typically does not react to situations rashly, but instead seeks calm resolution. At the same time, however, her consistent intonation makes it hard to tell whether or not what she says is truth or lies.

When meeting strangers, her first instinct is to break away from personal barriers and wrap her arms around them, binding them in a hug. She's found with enough intimate behavior that friendships become personal, and blossom much more.

History: Despite having a family that didn't come from much money and too many mouths to feed, Diana thought of herself as fortunate. Her favorite hobby was dancing, and it just so happened that her hobby could also earn good coin for her and her loved ones.

Diana was born and raised in the western side of Deliquent Town, where most of her days were spent at a seedy bar called The Playground. The Playground had some very loose rules about conduct, which made it very easy for Diana to convince them to let her perform there for tips. Despite being a rundown old bar, it was the perfect place for all the washed-up and deprived to throw both their money and their lives away for a good drink and an hour or two of entertainment. Diana learned quite quickly that all walks of life ended up there, everyone and anyone ranging from aristocrats to perverts.

One night, after having earned enough money to purchase food, she found she had some left over that could be used to purchase her older sister a gift. At least that was her plan until two men, who appeared to be of the Garchomp species, had decided to rob her of all of it.

At that point, Diana knew she needed to get out of this town if she was ever to live a prosperous life. Deliquent Town was just a vicious circle, and to this day she seeks out opportunity elsewhere in the hopes of finding something or someone to pull her away from that life; away from relying on strangers to make sure she or her family would get to eat.

Diana left Delinquent Town without talking with her family first. She actively tries to avoid interacting with them or even talking about them, which is one of her demons.

Appearance: Diana is roughly 5'6" and 140lbs. She has the light purple scales of an Ekans, accompanied by a long tale with a yellow rattle at the end of it. Her teeth are also pointed and sharp, making her look all the more dangerous (even though she's never used them to intentionally hurt anyone). She has narrow pupils and yellow irises that compliment her snake-like appearance.

Diana has quite a length of straight hair that flows over her shoulders like waterfalls, reaching the middle of her back. Her hair color is a very dark purple (almost black), and is only allowed free reign when she sleep.s Otherwise it's either braided, tied, or curled in a way that reflects her sense of style.

The image below is a reference to her clothing.

b3a9729a399ca4906875f30de0052382.jpg

Special Abilities:
Diana has the Glare ability, essentially able to stare so intensely into someone's eyes that they become paralyzed until she looks away. Second ability is Screech, essentially screaming so loudly that it renders her target more vulnerable to attack.

Last edited:

Personality:
Diana tends to appear calm and collected. She typically does not react to situations rashly, but instead seeks calm resolution. At the same time, however, her consistent intonation makes it hard to tell whether or not what she says is truth or lies.

When meeting strangers, her first instinct is to break away from personal barriers and wrap her arms around them, binding them in a hug. She's found with enough intimate behavior that friendships become personal, and blossom much more.

History: Despite having a family that didn't come from much money and too many mouths to feed, Diana thought of herself as fortunate. Her favorite hobby was dancing, and it just so happened that her hobby could also earn good coin for her and her loved ones.

Diana was born and raised in the western side of Deliquent Town, where most of her days were spent at a seedy bar called The Playground. The Playground had some very loose rules about conduct, which made it very easy for Diana to convince them to let her perform there for tips. Despite being a rundown old bar, it was the perfect place for all the washed-up and deprived to throw both their money and their lives away for a good drink and an hour or two of entertainment. Diana learned quite quickly that all walks of life ended up there, everyone and anyone ranging from aristocrats to perverts.

One night, after having earned enough money to purchase food, she found she had some left over that could be used to purchase her older sister a gift. At least that was her plan until two men, who appeared to be of the Garchomp species, had decided to rob her of all of it.

At that point, Diana knew she needed to get out of this town if she was ever to live a prosperous life. Deliquent Town was just a vicious circle, and to this day she seeks out opportunity elsewhere in the hopes of finding something or someone to pull her away from that life; away from relying on strangers to make sure she or her family would get to eat.

Diana left Delinquent Town without talking with her family first. She actively tries to avoid interacting with them or even talking about them, which is one of her demons.

Appearance: This is sort of what I imagine for both her appearance and clothing. She's roughly about 5'6" and 140lbs.

Special Abilities:
Diana has the Glare ability, essentially able to stare so intensely into someone's eyes that they become paralyzed until she looks away. Second ability is Screech, essentially screaming so loudly that it renders her target more vulnerable to attack.
So Pen with this great addition have we now got enough characters to get things rolling? My apologies if I sound impatient, this sounds like a lot of fun and I'm chomping at the bit to start :)

On that note, I'd like to point out that murders and assassinations are not a common occurrence, not even in Delitown (Delinquent Town, I hate that name :p). That's not to say that deaths do not occur, but killers should be smarter about it. A lot of the power that criminals managed to gather in the shadier parts of the kingdom happen in large part because the kingdom lets it happen. I don't think they'd be able to completely quell it if they wanted, or they probably would have, but it would be a civil war that neither side wants to happen.

So the dark dealings are more like shady trades, extortion, kidnappings, violence, and such things. But straight up murders would be done as a last measure or to make a big statement. The home invasion, leading to an exploding house in Mai-Lin's backstory is not an every day occurrence, or definitely shouldn't be at last.

I know that strife and conflict make for juicy stories so go ahead and have as much fun with that as you want/can, but keep in mind that this kingdom is not Gotham City, or Midgar. The majority of it is peaceful and prosperous. :)
There would be civil unrest, even in the nicer parts of town though. Unhappiness with the crown perhaps for whatever reason. Just know that there is enough happiness and goodwill flowing through the city's veins to satisfy anyone wanting to focus on that more than suffering.

I agree Ny I totally did not see house explosions to be a frequent thing in Deliquent town. The only reason that really happened is one of the higher enforcers had a real fight on his hands and actually had to unleash his power. Most of the time if people see that coming. They are way to scared to even fight back. If they do fight back most probably can't even make him break a sweat much less use an earthquake level attack.

Hell even if the crime bosses need someone to disappear I figure they just disappear. One night they are in their homes the next just gone maybe with someone else moved in already and the neighbors are mysteriously quiet and also eating a nicer meal than they usually do.>:D

Hell even if the crime bosses need someone to disappear I figure they just disappear. One night they are in their homes the next just gone maybe with someone else moved in already and the neighbors are mysteriously quiet and also eating a nicer meal than they usually do.>:D
Or they have someone "hustle" them out of the kingdom, to one that endorses slavery. Then they make a quick buck while they are at it ;)

I am curious Pen and Ny. Is their any particular reason for the kingdoms current level of prosperity and tolerance. Just wondering if they do things differently than their neighbors or if their is some special history behind the Knights. Or is the Royal family just that good.

I am probably overthinking things but then that's a bad habit of mine.

Personality:

Appearance: This is sort of what I imagine for both her appearance and clothing. She's roughly about 5'6" and 140lbs.

Special Abilities:
Good personality and history. ;) I'm liking what I'm reading.
Although, that image you put in, only explained 10% of her appearance, and mostly showed us what she wears. The appearance section is to describe the morphology of our characters; what they look like beneath their clothes, because we are mashing together the anatomy of humans and Pokemon. For Diana specifically, would have purple scales on her body? Does she have legs and an Arbok tail, or just one big serpent tail? Something of that nature.

Buut, everything else looks good, so, accepted! With the condition you write more in her appearance section. I'll wait for you to carry out the amendments you want before adding her to the list.

Also, just to clear the haze here, Delinquent Town isn't an actual town. It's an area within the village that is seedier and closer to what one might call the slums, but it is not an independent area. It's more like Chinatown, or Little India, if you will.

So Pen with this great addition have we now got enough characters to get things rolling? My apologies if I sound impatient, this sounds like a lot of fun and I'm chomping at the bit to start :)
Haha, someone's eager I see. ;)

I think the current amount should be enough. We're trying to keep NPC use minimal, so do you guys feel there are enough players for everyone to not be left out? Because I'm starting an opening post now.

I am curious Pen and Ny. Is their any particular reason for the kingdoms current level of prosperity and tolerance. Just wondering if they do things differently than their neighbors or if their is some special history behind the Knights. Or is the Royal family just that good.

I am probably overthinking things but then that's a bad habit of mine.
I wouldn't say it's fully tolerant, considering how all the Poisons, Darks, and Ghosts are basically bunched together in the slums, and should they wander away from it, would get suspicious looks and judging gazes from people in the nicer areas of the kingdom. Heck, even in farms. Knights would be more quick to jump and make arrests on them too.

As for the level of prosperity, I would attribute it to the location of the kingdom; fertile soil and abundant resources such as mines and water would mean the kingdom is self-sustaining, and there's plenty to go around for everyone. And the fact that each ruler is hand chosen by Suicune might also be a factor.

Last edited:
Also, just to clear the haze here, Delinquent Town isn't an actual town. It's an area within the village that is seedier and closer to what one might call the slums, but it is not an independent area. It's more like Chinatown, or Little India, if you will.

An area within the Capitol, the kingdom city. It's a large City with multiple districts, probably even multiple levels in some area's. The palace grounds for example are like a small city inside this much larger city. Think China's Forbidden City as an example. Other examples are like this, and this, and this one here, just to help you all along the way a little. I won't want to really build the entire place for you, and rather have to come together through RP. See what we'll all come up with, but this should give a decent direction I think.

Last edited:
(we've seen it happen in The Good Dinosaur :p).

Hah hah, that made my day :D I haven't thought about that movie in ages. I'm rather surprised that there was so much thought around my... well, thought, but it's interesting how many ideas and interpretations are out there :p As far as what Pen says, makes sense to me :D

Lots of fun new bios and people since I posted mine :D I have to admit, I'm rather excited.

Alright, edited my character post :3 hope it's alright.
That's great, and yeah you can take liberties with the appearance of your character to an extend of course. I wouldn't even mind if you decided to keep the rattler on her tail because then she can use that in her dancing. Or otherwise it fell off and she keeps it as a maracas or something. It adds more to the character than it distracts and that's probably going to be rule for details such as these.

Agreed! I think we should begin.

@PentheWonderful
I do, as aforementioned, believe we have enough players to begin and have a good story. Heck, I'm starting to think that if we add many more, it'd be hard to keep storylines straight considering the sandbox theme of this roleplay. But I'm super excited to start whenever. :)