• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

On Our Way With A Smile [Private RP]

Tyche peered out from his comfortable position in the towering convoy under the starry night sky, and looked up at the cosmos above.

"A beautiful sight, if ever I've seen one. Truly. Here's to you, night sky."

Today had sure been busy, and the calming atmosphere of the camp below him up on his sniping post with the silence of the night - soaked Midgar Marshes was enough for him to stay calm. Tyche was now definite about carrying out this mission, and he'd help in anyway possible. For now, he'd keep watch for anything crawling in the distance. Tyche stood up straight, and readied his trusty crossbow. Not many people knew, but it went by the name of 7. It wasn't really his lucky number, it was just blessed. The 7 Gods of Luck looked over him and his weapon, which was fortunate enough for him. If he kept his wits about him, held a good aim and faced fate with a courageous stand, Lady Luck would keep him running smooth. Hopefully. As he began to look up, his ears picked up upon hearing Al's friendly voice.

"Soup, you're saying!? Well sir, I can't say no to that!"

So much for guarding the camp, hmh? It didn't matter anyways. For the first few minutes of scouting, nothing seemed to be approaching anyways. As he sat with his allies over a bowl of broth, he engaged in friendly conversation, idle chit - chat, the like.

Until he heard the call to arms. A scream, a gunshot or two, and Tyche dropped his soup and slipped out of the tent in a second, quickly scanning the situation.

Showtime.

With a crossbow, range was never an issue. Tyche showed this clearly to his ShinRa buddies as he sprinted to a culmination of soldiers, quickly loading bolts and firing off 4 rounds in 1.5 seconds precisely, each of them landing sharply in the enemies a few feet ahead. One Crawler took a fatal critical blow, and the others were now weak enough to be cleaned up. A hiss alerted his attention, as he leapt over the swarm of monsters and warriors to meet Hail and Lance, who were readying themselves to face the immense slithering beast. He met in the middle of them. He looked left, and looked right, before a grin curled onto his face.

“So, we rocking Materia are we? Well, it’s about damn time we had some action.”

Tyche withdrew a small, Yellow support Materia, and tossed it up an down in his hand, before slamming it into the groove on the top of his gloved right hand. His hand glowed with the same Yellow energy the mako – charged stone contained.

“Enemy Skill… ready. Now, let’s ride.”

Tyche brought his grip on 7 to just his right hand – he aimed the crossbow up high, the end glowing as the Materia on his glove took effect. He took aim at the Zolom, a shrill noise of power gathering in the crossbow.

“Try this on for size, fella.”

A simple bolt from his crossbow coated in energy pierced the skin of the snake, before a bright light rained down on the skies – it seemed powerful enough to take the Zolom down! The light erupted onto the 30 foot beast and… had no effect whatsoever. Spitting on the floor, he grunted.

“Darn it all, why did I even learn that skill? Never freakin’ works. Well, let’s see what you’re made of, snakey! Hit me with your best!”

OOC Edit: Just a quick heads - up: The skill Tyche has learned is Level 5 Death - only problem is, Tyche is very unlucky with it and never gets a kill with it :p

OOC- As it appears that I have no material, I will be taking Cure and fulfilling the role of the of the groups white mage. The material will be slotted into a hole bored into the blade of the scythe. If you need a heal shout and I’ll do what I can.

10 minutes before the attack.

Al wolfed his soup down he then shouted “Help yourself!” and then quietly to himself “How the hell did I manage to burn soup? He shook his head disappointed with himself.

He opened the flap of his tent and entered; he lay Hells Breach on the floor and reached for his rucksack. He pulled a tri-woven piece of rope out of it he then knotted the rope around the stem of his scythe. “That is one badass motherfucking length of rope. There we go now I can get you back without worrying baby. Now let’s have some fun.” That’s when the yelling and screaming started, “Well it looks like I’m testing this at the deep end. Best be prepared.” Al rummaged in his sack and pulled out a small white crystal. He then slotted it into a hole in the blade of his weapon. He grabbed a mask from the bag and put it on.

Al had made the mask himself carved it from the same material as his scythe and soaked it in a bloodstained varnish it was almost as deep a hue as his scythes handle. The mask was plain with no decoration with only slits for vision and a gash here a mouth should be allowing him to breathe. The mask was to prevent the blood rage. “No blood, no rage.” Al sung cheerfully.

Al tied the rope around his wrist and stepped out into the madness.

Madness it was Crawlers and castanets swarmed the place “Well this ought to be a barrel of laughs.” He sung to himself. Al was feeling quite musical that night He let out a Ballad for the break of the battle.

“Oh the dawn of war now upon us it rears its ugly head once more. It burns down villages the buildings get pillaged and here I am the field of war. Beasts of madness scream and shout, Cause a man to loose his clout, other men will rise and fall but I’ll be here for the dawn of the war. Scream now! Scream loud! Scream for me harpies give me some more. Let loose the hail of arrows, let loose are the dogs of war. Scream and stamp wither their onslaught bring pride to your home once more.”

“I really should write down more verses for that.” Al muttered matter of factly. He then noticed the rest of the SinRa group looking at him. “Whoops,” he said “I forget that’s only typical of the dangerously mad.”

A Crawler launched itself at him. Al sidestepped the assault and kicked the creature sending it flying across the clearing Al through his scythe at it. It collided with a pleasant thunk, the kind of sound a cleaver hitting a chopping board would make. “Excellent,” he purred ecstatically he then pulled on the rope attached to his wrist and the scythe came flying back at him, Far too fast actually. Al ducked and the scythe flew over his head and sliced through another crawler. “Well that went better than expected.” He walked over to the mutilated corpse and grasped the scythe then shouted. “Is anyone hurt?! If you are stay the fuck out of the way and don’t bleed out, I’ll heal you later. For now I’ve got something to kill.”

Al whistled as he walked, he was in his element now, this is where he belonged. Al saw The Zolom and grinned like a maniac although you’d never know it under the mask. He picked up speed. He was in a full on sprint, Al levelled his scythe to his right side and screamed “Get outta my way, I got creatures to slaughter!” He wound his arm back and launched Hells Breach at the snake like creature he then jumped launching himself toward it. “What kind of a fool plan is this?” He asked himself “Mine.” He answered to himself. He began whistling his ditty as he flew.

Atma

Formerly Karu
Splashes and shouts echoed through the swamp whilst their allies spent time clearing the camp. The six members including Hail were beginning to meet unsure footing and lose their breath amongst the dank, murky green waters and rising fog choking their lungs with burning. The Ex-SOLDIER at the head of this formation gritted his teeth, digging a boot into the unsure terrain and pivoting about with sword clasped in both hands, ready to defend himself. Men back at the camp were meeting their death and he was powerless to help them in the face of this gargantuan serpent.

"Form up!" He called out, though the infantrymen were already reloading rifles and aiming for the approaching serpent. It had been no chore for it to keep a neat pace. "Steady!" Called out Hail to the frightened and angry SPF, it would do no good for the thing to be too far. As it slithered closer the mercenary followed as he had been instructed so long ago, watch for the eyes.

A degree of questioning seized him as the weaving, slithering mass of the mutant snake drew closer; Was this truly the best idea? They had run from help and camp. No matter, they must fell the beast if they were to save more lives than had already been lost. Under his stern glare the creature reached closer, tongue flicking out in the air, heartbeat loud in his ears... There, the black of it's eyes! "Fire!" Cried Hail. A stammering of machine gun fire followed his order, filling the fog with smoke and fire as the beast lunged hissing as their allies drove attacks into it's back, gouging scales and flesh into the air...

...Back at the camp, ranks of SPF had formed facing the camp from the vehicles. They had formed firing squads, guns pointed towards the camp. As monsters streamed towards them from the shadows cast by overturned lanterns and discarded torches, co-ordinated rifle fire shattering shells and scoring through the ice breathing snakes. Amongst the torn and broken camp others tried desperately to escape through to the rally point, the darkly clad silhouette of Raven smiling as he surveyed the chaos, a full moon cast like a shining silver coin in the sky behind him from the hill upon which he observed. As far as this one was concerned the SPF were collateral damages that simply need only be filed away.

With a scream of fangs against metal Hail was locked in a desperate grapple with his sword barely a toothpick trapped between the gleaming white, blade and man quivering with the effort of trying to hold the serpent. The far stronger creature tore itself back and away in a single swift motion with such force that the defender left staggering, quick footing setting him straight again with bloodied forearms as a parting gift. The Zolom hissed with a certain sardonic quality through fresh blooded fangs whilst multi-tipped tail of the oversized cobra quivered as a rattlesnake's might, ripples of magic beginning to shimmer in waves about the air's length along it's body. "Grenade and disperse!" Demanded Hail in tactical response to the building spell. Against what was coming a blade would be no use, once it settled an opening would arise. Swinging tail as a club to sweep the spearman and scythe-swinger into the marsh so swiftly the movement passed in the blink of an eye, the Zolom then began to contort and coil. Thankfully a click of release pins and a brief sound of being tossed through the air was met by a chain of detonations against scaled hide. As the ichor of the swamp burnt away the serpent began to coil once more from his position of mild pain.

There was scarce time before this spell finished 'cooking', prompting Hail to set about pressing the men about him down into the swamp with harsh shoves. He could yet survive the spell and they might not as sparks of white began to materialise in the air.

As the Zolom reared up, Lance couldn’t help but watch in amazement with the damage that it caused, both to the camp and to the team that were fiercely pitted against it. Despite the distance between them, he could easily make out the blood pouring from Hail’s arms. “Gotta keep my guard up, don’t want that to happen my legs.” As if making a sarcastic comment, the Zolom’s tail flew into Lance’s field of vision. With barely enough time to ready himself, the tail caught him across his chest, the blow winding Lance despite bringing Otangue across him to take the blow, and flung him down the swamp. While in the air Lance realised there may be a bone in his chest that shouldn’t quite be where it should be, not quite broken, but not where it belonged.

Crashing to the ground on his back, what little air Lance recovered was quickly blasted out of him again. Stabbing the spear into the ground to help himself up, Lance leant his weight on Otangue while he was left spluttering and choking, trying to wolf down as much as precious air as he could. Looking up, he could see the gigantic snake still twisting and coiling. Reaching to his belt, he grasped for where the usual saving grace of a potion should be, his hang grasping only air. “Fuck, why do I always forget to restock?” Trying to figure the distances and angles, he came to safe presumption that a jump was out of the question. Although he wasn’t in the air for long, the Zolom had flung Lance much further than he could jump, “That makes a change” Lance chuckled as he began to run back into the fray.

Lance fitted the phone back into the holster as he approached the serpent, “That should take care of any future stock issues; couple of potions ought to cover anything in the near future.” Lance looked around to grasp his bearings on the situation, and then noticed another whip around from the serpent. “Not this time mate,” Lance muttered as he slid under the tail. Grasping the opportunity he continued to slide towards the trunk like body of the Zolom, the golden aura of the Otangue beginning to be replaced a slight green hue focussed at the lead head. Using the slide to his advantage he delved the spear through the snake’s flesh, the aura from the spear transferring to Lance as it healed the majority of Lance’s wounds. It was at that point Lance noticed the shimmering that surrounded the Zolom’s massive body. “Oh for love of god, I have the worst luck going.” Lance kicked away from the Zolom and sprinted away, hoping that he still had time to get some ground between it. Sensing the energy build-up, he flung himself face down into the swamp, trying to soak himself as much as he could, as the blast approached.

The Zoloms tail whipped toward Al. He braced himself for an impact that didn’t come. Instead he found that he was being whipped around at a surprising rate “What the heck?!” Al exclaimed. He realised he was being led by the arm attached to the scythe. The scythe was embedded in the Zoloms tail, and Al attached to the scythe was being swung around on it “Well this should be interesting. Everybody get the fuck out of my way, I’m flying bitches!”

Al watched the tail slam into Lance “Oooh bugger, that’s gotta hurt. Lance let me heal you” Al shouted across the field. He placed his dangling hand on the rope and started to pull himself towards the handle of the scythe. “That’s the only problem having my material in you babe.” He muttered and clasped his hand on the handle. That’s when he saw the Zoloms body looming over him. He flipped his legs to face its’ body and drop kicked the Zolom. That’s when the tail was whipped out again. He saw lance slide under the strike and cast Cure throwing his hand at Lances direction. “That ought to sort you out for a bit.”

The force of the second swing dislodged Hells Breach flinging it and Al, who was holding onto it for dear life, across the swamp. As the scythe came loose blood spurt from the wound. “Oh shit.” Al muttered as the blood flecked his mask. “Well that went better than expected” he smiled that’s when he flew into a swamp creature shattering his mask and ripping his face open.

Al staggered to his feet, clutching his face. He started to giggle, the giggle turned into a chuckle and the chuckle into a full throated laugh. The laugh turned maniacal. Al kicked the swamp creature. He ripped the remains of his mask off. He looked at the Zolom and roared “Who the bloody hell do you think you are?! It’s time to die bitch!” He sprinted at the Zolom.

He levelled his scythe to his right side. The Zolom swung at him; he flipped over the tale and raked the blade of his scythe along the length of it. He pulled his scythe behind his head and nutted the Zolom with his head, finishing up with an overhead blow at the Zolom. Al could feel the heat radiating from the Zolom as it readied itself to do some serious damage. “Hey bastard here I am. Focus on me you son of a wolf!” This is going to be fun Al thought to himself.

Atma

Formerly Karu
Barely paying any attention to the wounds hacked away at it's body, the Zolom itself quivered as the magic built in mutated organs turned foul and unusual at the hands of mako. Hail was aware as he flung himself down into the marshes of the white sparks flickering and building. As the thick layer of pollution, stagnated met his face and the thick stench of decay clogged his nostrils the air began to emit a sharp tone, pinnacling to a scream as the area was consumed by white flash, yielding to a mushroom cloud of radiation-fuelled fire raking the area. As the cloud climbed, blooming with the roar of the air crackling even those in the swamp were seared by the magic with the fire at least subdued by the waters.

Easing himself up from his position Hail witnessed the aftermath about him. Two of the five SPF has been scorched from existence with another covering a comrade with his helmet half-immolated from existence. Hauling himself to his feet with a wince and grasp at the pain shooting roots through his arm the Captain bared his teeth, observing the blood running down the looming form of the Zolom as water drained from his clothing. Yanking back sodden hood emotion came to seize and overwhelm the swordman. The sight of these people, loyal to him consumed by fire. Lives stolen with not even ashes left in their wake! Even if it were the actions of this great serpent hybrid before them it was the hand of ShinRa that set them forth. The actions of ShinRa that made such a foul mutation possible! As emotions peaked the Ex-SOLDIER dashed forth with blade grasped tightly and a blue light flickering along the blade as the murky green waters flowed and rippled in tendrils to fill what had been burned away. Leaping forth into the air Hail delivered a lesser single handed downward blow to the snout of the beast, grasping hilt with both hands as he landed and delivering an upward swing with the greater quantity of power; sending an arc of blood into the air and the beast reeling as sight was stolen from an eye.

Lance and Alistair had been caught in the fire and likely wounded, even if they had dived for cover. If either had not the severity would likely have been enough to drive them into unconsciousness at the least. Skipping back Hail let the blade again fall into one handed grasp as pain gnawed at him once more, forced to brace on one knee from his exertion.

"Strike at the damned thing! This battle is surely nearly won-" Ordered the Captain, knocked skittering across the marsh by a revenge lash from the Zolom.

Lance winced as he felt the flames cover his body, scorching the entirety of his body, burning several holes in his trousers, the star-sheath taking the majority of the burns across his back. This however didn’t remove the searing pain that ran up his spine as the flames cloaked him. Opening his eyes, he saw the inferno that raged around him, flames dancing across his vision. Flashbacks forcing their way into his mind Lance relived his childhood for a few split seconds, before returning to the matter at hand.

Piercing Otangue into the ground, Lance forced himself to his feet. “I really need those potions right about now.” Alas, ShinRa’s delivery service, as fast and reliable as it may be, could do with some improvements Lance thought. Choking out the smoke that filled his lungs, Lance looked around desperately for Al. “I could do with a boost right about now Al,” Lance shouted in the rough direction he last saw him, “then again, you’re probably in that maniacal phase again. This needs to end now.” Regaining composure, Lance started to judge the angles and the timing. “This is gonna be risky, what have I got to lose.” Lance, twisted the grip on Otangue, the black aura rising from the ground to the top head, at which time the darkness pulsed into the air, the barbed head of the Otangue changing to the flat head of the Orochi. Looking up, Lance saw a single Orochi falling towards the ground. Catching it, he launched the spear into the Zolom’s back just as the next pulse launched into the air. Catching the spear he launched it so it struck the Zolom higher than the last spear. Repeating this odd juggling act between man and spear, Lance continued until a single Orochi was left. Ripping the spear from the ground he launched it so it struck the serpent at the base of the skull, a line of spears running all the way up its back. Sprinting as best he could, he made his way towards the snake, while being cautious of the tail that had caused so much trouble already. As the lowest spear loomed over head, Lance jumped up and grabbed it. In one swift movement he swung around the spear and used the momentum to launch himself towards the next spear, ripping the spear out of the shallow wound it had created. As he approached the next spear, he melded the spears and continued to swing, ripping out the duel spear. Lance swung his way to the final spear, the golden shaft reappearing in his hands as he flew into the air and landed atop the Zolom. Not waiting for the Zolom to take the easy advantage, Lance flung himself into the air, jumping vertically high above the snakes head. Spinning Otangue at the height of the jump, he began to rush back towards the serpent, the blue energy reforming at the Otangue’s lead head. “THIS. ENDS. NOW!” Lance roared as the spear struck the Zoloms head, the explosion that was created forcing many scales from their setting, a few splintering away from their rightful place.

Kicking away from the snake he fell towards the ground, faulting the landing as his legs couldn’t take much more, his hands having to take the brunt of the fall, causing Lance to roar in pain as his shoulders flared in agony. “That’s it. Screw potions, I’m gonna start stocking Hi-potions regualry from now on.”

As heat from the Zoloms body rose Al prepared himself. He drew himself in and ripped his scythe from the Zoloms scales. He hugged Hells Breach and whispered “Don’t worry precious, you’re stronger than me.” This was true as the blade was from an alloy that was unknown to the rest of the world and although the pole was made from simple mahogany the accumulated blood, hatred and the number of lost souls it had consumed made it one of the toughest objects known to man.

“You’re going to pay for this, bitch!” Al screamed. The Zolom released its blast. Al felt the corrupted energy wash over him. He could distinctly feel Mako corruption, all too familiar to him. The heat was unbearable. Al could feel his clothes being burned off his skin. “Shit I liked these pants.” He muttered as light faded from his vision. Before he blacked out he cast cure on himself trying to limit the amount of damage that was delivered to his body. As he blacked out he saw hells breach diverting some of the blast around him, it glowed with an unearthly green aura. “How the hell is that happening?” Al asked. That’s when he fell backwards and blacked out.

Tyche quickly reloaded 7 and fired another quick round of bolts, a couple of them settling into some chinks in the green beast's scaly armour. The Zolom then screeched under the stormy skies over the marsh, and quickly dived for a strike towards the gambler. Tyche leaped backwards as quickly as he could, but he was blown back by the impact. Scuffling to his feet, he took another long jump back as the Zolom brought it's tail back for a long sweep. He gritted his teeth, as Lance and Al took heavy blows from the tail strike.

Whilst the beast prepared itself, Tyche quickly popped out a Hi Potion and took a long swig.

"Damn, snakey! You hit hard, don't you? Well, you'll be happy to know this soul ain't done yet. I'm going to keep these shots coming."

Spinning the barrel of 7 and loading the barrel, he went to lock the crossbow back into place to continue his offensive, but unfortunately...

"Of all the rotten luck... damn thing's jammed!"

Tyche kept on hitting the bottom of the crossbow, hoping to hear an audible 'click', but there was nothing. Instead, he felt a sudden increase in temperature, and looked to see the Zolom unleash an incredibly intense wave of smooth, deadly heat. It smothered the gambler all over, causing Tyche to scream out. It was at this time, he happened to hear the words of Benza echoing through his head.

You know what they say, Route Baby. Luck favours those who look death in the eye, and approach it willingly with arms open.

Tyche felt the heat subsiding, and felt the power of the Fire Crystal around his neck start to shield him in a spherical maroon glow. The heat wasn't so bad now, and as the spell subsided, Tyche finished swigging his potion, and looked up at the beast, which was now being ravaged by Lance and Al.

A flick of the wrist.

Click.

Lance threw the empty flask of potion to his side, and put the crossbow into his gloved hand, feeling the Mako energy flow into his crossbow, he fired a bolt right into one of the weak spots Lance just opened up with powerful spear strikes. The bolt glowed a bright, Support-Type yellow and transferred the energy back to Tyche. He closed his eyes, and heard ethereal words echo through his head.

Beta...

Tyche slung 7 onto his holster, and clenched his right hand firmly, before shouting out to the others.

"Alright, EVERYONE, STAND BACK!"

Tyche ran forward, throwing his hand back with haste and casting it towards the Zolom.

"I'M GONNA FIGHT FIRE... WITH FIRE! BETAAAA!"

With two bright flashes, The large Snake was engulfed by another sweep of fire damage. Alas, not as strong due to Tyche's inexperience with the spell and magical experience. The castrophany of flames spiraled and twisted around it, causing its flesh to burn, and scales to crackle. With a dramatic cumulative final blow, victory went to the Cactus Jacks, with assistance from the Chocobos.

Tyche's response to victory? He collapsed.

OOC; EDIT: Just edited up some bits. Sorry if it sounded egotistical or OP before, I typed it all up a bit too fast. Really Sorry

Atma

Formerly Karu
OoC: I apologise for the lateness of this post, I keep getting sidetracked it seems.

Peering up from the mire upon knee with hand clutching pained side, Hail knew the internal damage was greater than that of the outside. Through vision blurred by pain the Captain knew better than to try to stand. Releasing grasp on pained ribcage the sky-eyed male closed hands around the familiar smooth surface of a can of potion, cool to the touch with a tingling brought to fingertips drawing senses briefly away from the smell of blood.

Before him came the image of the Zolom catastrophically wounded. The final blow to the beast so near death came from the gambler. He seemed relatively unscathed by the Beta wave. Likely the result of an item nullifying the fire attribute. As a cry barely intelligible to the injured Captain carried across the marshes a smaller, localised re-enactment of the spell expanded to engulf the great world serpent and steal the final flow of life from it's veins.

Sipping the potion as the transparent nuclear flames seared the creature, Hail fail the pain in his body alleviate and wounds reverse. Granted, not everything could be undone. Bruises, bangs and cuts as well as a few burns would still remain after this confrontation was through. As the sensation of something much closer to normality resumed the so-called leader rose up using sword half buried in the murk as support. As the mutated multi-tailed snake collapsed with eyes rolled back and body broken it became apparent the first priority would be checking on Golden Chocobo. In the end Hail valued Team Cactus Jack more, but the more numerous of their crowd were equally individuals in their own right. More than that, they weren't the hired mercenaries of ShinRa specialising in an undercover shuttle job; they were just grunts.

Yanking aged SOLDIER Blade from the mud, briefly ungloved hand wiped sweat and post-battle mess from brow and face before being confined once more for the sake of a stern grip if another mutant were to assault them. Running material bound fingers along the somewhat rusted blade, sun briefly glinted upon gold as steps drew Hail closer to the brave squad of six - now five, who had followed his orders without hesitation. Easing each man up from the mud, orders were distributed for medics. Had Hail perhaps not been so busy, he would have noticed the kill confirmation and deposit of 400gil into each member's account.

As the Captain helped a man with a half immolated mask and an eye injury to his feet, he also failed to notice the figure observing the entire situation from the edge of the marshes upon a gentle hill. It was moments ago that the curious being had placed a call and dispatched a message before fading into the obscurity of chaos caused by the rampaging giant.

"Cactus Jack, Sound off!" Came the firm order of Captain Hail from a dry throat yet still with some vigor. It was time to tend to the more capable of the group with medics in tow. Of course all supplies were rationed for the trip but some alleviation was available. Orders by now had reached the convoy, men filing into ranks with the rearmost trucks and tankers beginning to continue the trek whilst mechanics unstuck lead vehicles and made swift field repairs.

As the gamblers last minute spell brought the hulking serpent’s life to an end, Lance couldn’t help but breathe a deep sigh of relief, he knew if the Zolom had been allowed to live just another few minutes it could have meant the end to the whole party. Wiping the sweat from his face he began to stand up, to suddenly realise that the task was going to be impossible without feeling a severe degree of pain. Leaning against his spear, he slowly raised his body, grunting as the pain seared through his lower body. As he slowly made his way back to the camp, or what was left, an odd memory from his youth sprang to his mind.

A memory of when he first began training with a spear, he must have only been 13 at the time, beginning to come to terms with the basics of aerial combat. He was known to be athletic and trained every day in front of the village forge, where the blacksmith would keep a constant eye on him and give the odd piece of advice. After a very dodgy landing, the smith helped Lance to his feet, brushed him down and said laughing, “Take it easy with the jumping will ya, one day you’ll take a serious fault, and you’ll need some really tough legs to survive, and I can’t afford to make mythril legs”

Lance managed a wide grin through the agony he felt with every step, “At least with mythril legs I wouldn’t be in agony.” Finally making it to the camp, Lance began wondering where the potions he ordered were, as he would have appreciated any form of curative at this point. Sadly realising that none were present, he decided to take a quick nap, hoping that ShinRa’s ‘quick and reliable’ delivery service would soon deliver what Lance needed most.

Alistair was floating in a sea of stars, the stars were a variety of colours including ultra violet, infra red and fabulous pink, He tried to move as normal realising his legs wouldn’t move in the normal way he tried to swim. It worked. Al swam towards the swirling mass off this violent and beautiful universe.

The universe dissolved around Al and he found himself falling through a green sky towards a dead planet a thought came unbidden to his mind, the thought was this “Oh no not again!” he then wondered why he said it and realised he didn’t care. Al hit the ground and it swallowed him up like he’d fallen into a water bed, he let the world envelop him, it was like being hugged by a million people with arms made of feathers. Al closed his eyes.

He opened his eyes, he was under water now he was swimming, actually he was drowning. He kicked desperately and found the water had the consistency as custard this made it very hard to swim but he broke the surface and climbed up onto of the water, he puked a rainbow that tasted suspiciously like custard. A giant green flamingo came down from the sky, Al screamed “Flamingo’s can’t fly! Why do you torment me cruel dreams? At least be accurate. God.” The flamingo landed on Al’s head.

“Come with me.” Ordered the flamingo “My name is Griswold, I am your spirit guide the inner you how you really feel.” Al rolled his eyes then his head and stated “I hate you Griswold, you do this all the time, are you going to show me something useful this time?”
“Of course,” replied Griswold “I’m going to introduce you to the soul of your scythe.”
“Very good,” Al laughed “I’ve always wanted to meet it.”
“We’re here.”

Al looked about and saw a huge mountain made of cold pizza jelly beans and several train carts. He moved towards it and started to climb, taking bites of jelly beans as he moved up the mountain. He reached the top and saw an exact copy of him that looked like it was printed in sepia tones sitting in a throne made of gummy bears. “Al I am your scythe.”
“Noooooooo!” screamed Al “Oh wait never mind this is awesome.”
“It is, my name is Oscar and I’m going to teach you how to control your rage, all we need to do is install this switch in the back of your head.”
“Cool, do it.”
“Up is on and down is off. You can now control your berserk state.” Oscar said as he slammed a switch into Al’s neck. Al felt a tingle throughout his body then he woke up.

Al stood up, kicked the Zolom once more for good measure he then picked Hells Breach (Or Oscar, whichever you prefer) and started to make his way back into camp.

He reached the camp and shouted “Hello there? Could I get a cloak or something? I’m stark naked here and to be frank it’s a bit cold.” Someone rushed over and passed him a cloak he put it on, he could feel the warmth flow into him. “Good, now that I’m dressed anybody who’s wounded come here I’ll patch you up! But first I need to attend to myself first.” He cast cure sat down and waited for the walking injured to come to him.

(OOC: The switch in the back of Al’s head is only as real as you want it to be, if you don’t believe in it just pretend and a placebo affect will kick in)

"Cactus Jack, Sound Off!"

"I'm here Mr. H! Alive and kicking!"

An arm covered by wrecked material slowly came up, and then flopped down. Tyche lifted himself up with effort, rubbing his aching joints and gently feeling for heavy lacerations, which had stained his white undershirt a horrible, crusty maroon.

"I'd say more alive than kicking though... yeesh."

With the other two mercs, Tyche hobbled down to the convoy with the others. As he trod grass and moist earth with his 'Doc Moogle' boots, the Gambler, now with a new trick up his sleeve in the form of Beta, looked around his allies, and noticed a new level of calmness within his scythe - wielding partner. Aside from the fact he was completely naked, nothing seemed too odd about him - wait what why he is naked OH GOD

It seems the Gambler was too fatigued to even notice something as obvious as that! Tyche jumped aside in surprise, just before some of the Gold Chocobo soldiers threw a cloak around Al. Phew.

The group congregated around the convoy, and Lance decided to retire for some rest. Tyche looked Alistair up and down, raising his eyebrows.

"Well Al, that cloak of yours is very becoming indeed. Say, mind if you patch us up a little? If I could help it, I'd prefer not to be excessively bleeding whilst I'm asleep. Much appreciated."

---

Maybe I was just viewing him in the wrong light..., Tyche pondered, as he made himself comfy on his lookout post. He'd made a makeshift den for himself for the rest of the evening: A snug sleeping bag, a cup of hot chocolate (with an extra helping of whiskey and vanilla extract, always welcome), and a pair of binoculars, just in case nothing worse than a Zolom would appear. As he got comfortable bathed in the pale glow of his ShinRa PDA, Tyche ordered himself some new threads to replace his Beta - charred ones, and a resupply of potions and other items. Tyche was starting to question his judgement regarding Alistair and Hail after mulling it over. They were just characters who gave off an odd presence, but now Tyche had adjusted, the two seemed okay. He just needed to watch out for Alistair's rage, but Tyche felt that now, this wouldn't be the case. Tomorrow, he would watch over his allies with more precision than ever, reassured by new found confidence, which helped him to stop denying himself of the truth. Maybe he was taking a spin on the wheel of life once again with these mercs. Time would tell.

The moonlight bathed the sharpshoot, and he got some well - earned rest.

Atma

Formerly Karu
OoC: Nudity! For Kids! xD

Disclaimer: To any outside readers, I expected nudity about as much as you!

BiC:

Counting off the surviving members, it wasn't long before Hail himself darted across with ShinRa blue blanket and an SPF uniform for Alistair to utilise.

"I must tend to the others, here." And with the short statement and the donation of a Potion, Hail darted back to the members of Golden Chocobo needing the most dire attentions. Pulling away the half mask from the most injured and arguably the one who had fought hardest, the materials crumbled beneath his fingers. It was espying members of Cactus Jack heading campward that set the Captain into animation, bestowing this soldier onto a medic and chasing after them as the convoy trundled on.

Through insurgent mud and gore the cloaked man did trek, until reaching comrades fully settled into camping wares. How peculiar that the bout of nakedness had occurred at all...

...Regardless, the matter at hand. "Gentlemen, we will begin the motion of moving across the top of the Mythril Mines. In light of the absence of it as a Zolom breeding ground for some time until the resurgence of the Calamity, there is likely some easily path across." Scanning the horizon, the distant lights of Kalm across the plains caught a though to mind. With the key tone give-away of a message being dispatched. "The last truck and tanker will move with you two gentlemen but please be aware it is your responsibility to link with the rest of the convoy as soon as you are awakened. We will wait a half day at the neutral grounds known as Fort Condor, rest easy." With that not exactly cohesively uttered instruction, Hail departed back across the swamp.

Meanwhile at the front of the convoy there was trouble. The graveyard shift gate guard of the new dirt road winding across the surface of the hulking caves was refusing to permit passage, the mechanised barrier raised up from the ground easily taller than the vehicles.

"Like I said!" Exclaimed the night shift character, "I can't really be sure you killed the Zolom, let alone that my boss won't bite my ass off and fire me if I let some random convoy through!" Of course, Hail would have resolved this personally with information that they were shipping Cetran Tears but he was not present.

#PS OoC: Now the fun begins~ Plans are churning into motion. If Lance and Tyche would like to engage in some sidequest shenanigans I recommend you stay put come morning or only just begin departure, moving truck and tanker along.

Lance tossed and turned throughout the night, the several cuts and burns creating much unease to an otherwise peaceful sleep under the stars. For once in a long time, no dreams came to visit Lance’s battered mind, the only thing that enveloped him was utter darkness, both physically and mentally. Turning upon his right side, Lance jolted upright, grasping Otangue with his right hand and his right ribs with his left, eyes both wincing and alert as he scanned the area, drenched in the warm orange glow of the rising sun, for the danger he thought that had woke him up. After seeing that this was an over-reaction, he dropped the spear and inspected the charred clothes he was wearing. The all-black get-up was far from practical during the hotter months, or the almost eternal heat while holidaying at the Costa Del Sol, but it had its advantages during later hours, where the majority of marks were at their most vulnerable. His clothes however were looking a bit worse for wear, the thick jumper like top scorched in a few places but not completely burnt through, and his baggy trousers, suffering from a fair few holes. Happy that the cost to his attire was not to drastic, he made a mental note that he would repair his trousers when he reached Fort Condor.

Standing to stretch his aching muscles, Lance felt surprisingly refreshed. The many inn-keepers he had met during his travels were right, “No curative and can surpass a good night’s sleep.” As he turned around to face the mountains, Lance noticed Tyche bundled up not too far from where he was sleeping. Deciding to make sure he was okay, Lance took a step towards the sharpshooter, the step being followed by flailing arms and a face full of mud as he tripped over a fairly solid object. Wiping the mud from his eyes, Lance looked over his shoulder to be greeted by a small box, displaying the ShinRa logo on each side. “Better late than never,” Lance murmured, prising the top of the box off with Otangue, the 4 items inside confirming his initial thoughts. 4 cans of potion. Regretting not ordering a couple of Hi-Potions instead, Lance attached the 4 cans to his belt, ensuring that each can sat snug in each ‘holster’ they sat in. Getting back to his original intentions, Lance walked over to where Tyche, as far as he could tell, slept soundly. Sure that his comrade was at ease, Lance took a quick gaze over the mountains, noticing a small glint slowly making its path over the jagged peaks. “Good, they didn’t wait for us, can’t keep a gift like that in one place.”

Beginning to recover what supplies he could find from the destroyed camp, Lance began to make a small breakfast. It was nothing much, a bit of bread and a couple of scraps of raw meat that had somehow managed to survive the havoc uncontaminated. Setting up a small fire, he began to cook the meat, and pondered what he knew about the mines. Sure, mythril by this time was used fairly often, but a large enough supply of the metal could still fetch a hefty price, and besides who knows what else could be hidden amidst the craggy walls of the mines. The idea of finding the possible, though unlikely, unknown panged in Lance’s mind, persuading him to go through the mines rather over them, relatively sure that they come out not too far from Fort Condor. As for his gambling friend, well it would be fantastic if he decided to join him, as a lonely road is after all an uneventful one, but Lance knew that the idea of making more than a bit of gil would grasp Tyche’s enthusiasm. Lance awaited Tyche’s awakening, while he tended to the small breakfast, and eagerly awaited his answer.

Al looked up from his stitching for a moment noticing that it was entirely dark and the stars had come out to say hello, he nodded a quick hello to the stars and stitched up the guys leg with a quick flourish. He looked and the line had thinned down a fair bit “Thank god.” He muttered to himself quietly. He then said to the next man “Lie down on the table I’ve put a pillow there for you convenience and comfort, I’ll be right back.” He moved away from the table and into his tent he whipped his phone out of his rucksack and said “Good thing I left you here.” He flipped it open and selected the black market shop using his past connections, he selected three potions and two ethers those were going to cost him he hit send and then went back outside and cast another bout of cure he then stitched up the last little bits this carried on throughout the night.
By the time first light shone he was done, there was no one else he was done. He planted Oscar in the ground and let out a sigh of relief, he collapsed backwards onto the ground and looked up at the sky, that’s when he realised that he was only wearing a cloak still “I should get dressed he muttered.” He slid across to his tent on his back and then slid inside he rolled onto his front and clawed his way towards the rucksack in the corner of his tent pulled it apart and pulled out a pair of pants and slid them on. He contemplated passing out but he couldn’t be bothered dealing with Griswold again but Oscar was cool did he want to see Oscar that much, no he didn’t.
A man in a mask pulled the flaps of Al’s tent apart and stepped inside Al yanked on the rope and pulled it towards him “Don’t worry,” came a raspy voice from under the mask, “I’m a friend I come on behalf of the market, I’ve brought what you requested.” A’ls eyes gleamed as he saw the potions come out in Glass bottles with a cork in the top “This is the real stuff, good work it’s what I needed.”
“No worries friend, next time you need something it’ll be me again think of me as your courier.”
“I will do friend, now go, before the ShinRa dogs get here.”
“I will do, goodbye.”
Al watched the man go he then packed up his tent; he walked towards the convoy and flung his equipment into the back of the truck he had picked for the days travel. “Hmm I haven’t eaten, what should I eat?” He wondered out loud he rummaged in his sack and pulled out a leg of meat he had pulled it off the blood taste earlier and salted in preparation he had then smoked it while he was looking after all of the walking wounded. Al sunk his teeth into the leg of meat and flavour exploded in his mouth he grunted with satisfaction and waited for the convoy to move out, he hoped that someone would come and keep him company.

Atma

Formerly Karu
OoC: Apologies for the LatePost.

As bog began to give way once more to stone and meadow before wall of rock forming the face of the Mythril Mines, Hail found a strength from a life since left behind returning. A nostalgic empowerment of his will reminiscent of an old patrol. As the sunlight beat down and temperature rose, the Captain considered perhaps it would've been a kinder choice to himself to stay in the murky yet cooler swamplands. Shrugging off the thought and turning to the rough dirt path coiling around the hulking rock riddled with mineshafts and once, bustling with workers. Yet as he approached the picture in his mind he found nothing but a dusty congestion of the convoy he was entrusted with and angry workers being ignored by his fellow mercenaries. A delightful situation.

"Easy now, friend!" Called out Hail to the hard hat wearing leader of the opposition. The man eyed the cloak clad figure as he neared, surveying the mood caking half of him and raising an eyebrow in query. No answer was offered, simply a cut to the point with hand held out in good natured gesture. "This is my convoy here, we need to get through to deliver medical supplies. A cure against Geostigma if you can believe it!" A look of disbelief struck the main, then a frown as he itched at a ruddy bandage about his arm.

"Garbage." He snapped in response with all the grace and caring of a gargoyle. "I've tried all kinds of remedies and elixirs against the stuff! There isn't a cure." With a look as if etched by an angry sculptor the man yanked the bandage away, revealing the black ichor seeping from the skin beneath of Star Scar Syndrome. "See? The damn stuff doesn't move for love nor money, and you folk..." An appraising glance. "...What are you, ShinRa? You haven't got a cure. Just some corporate moneymaking scheme."

It was horribly apparent why this man was resisting the movement of the convoy. Taking no further wording, Hail trudged to the rear of a tanker under a scornful gaze and turned the valve, spilling a glassful of water into his hand before shutting it off. Waving the man over, a cautious approach from the worker was soon rewarded with a trickle of the healing promises along the stigma, dissolving it into the same green sparkles as ever. Curiously, not all of them did indeed pass through his gloved hand. Nothing to worry about the Captain reassured himself as the frantically happy man shook his hand vigorously, clapping him on the back and guiding back to the gate, lowering the sturdy barrier as engined rumbled and trucks began to pass.

As the shadows disappeared over the horizon from the vantage point of the camp and the two straggler were to make their way to rejoin the group... A great crash of machine gun rounds blanketed stone and swamp before them, a black helicopter passing overhead with smoking gun barrel turning sharply as a suit clad figure leant out from the carriage door with a headset transmitting his voice over some unseen loudspeaker.

"Yo!" He called in a childish flamboyancy, "You pack of jokers were suppose ta keep weapons in check until past Midgar Area! That's the swamp!" Leaning back in the sun caught his goggles in the turning motion, a rope descending from the door and the barrel of a rifle coming into view as grasping by the red haired male. "This kinda stuff is just my job." The ShinRa logo emblazoned on the vehicle was more than apparent.

Down the wire slipped three green neckerchiefed ShinRa Peacekeeping Force members outfitted with machine guns and a fourth red carrying a pristine SOLDIER Blade, all masked. The unusual sword wielder however appeared to be sporting grenades and a helm more reminiscent of the bygone old generation 2nd Class SOLDIERs. "Teach them a lesson about respecting the contract's fine print! If-" A slam of doors prompted a thud and cry of the man across the speaker as the black rope fell to the ground. "Damn it, Rude! Ya gotta be more gentle with me, man!" A biref pause prompted a faint apology from a deep voiced male in the background, yet no sooner had the door closed did the gunners open fire, the swordsman tossing a grenade forth to explode into a white smoke cloud between the two, if only to obscure the escape of their kind benefactors. "L-like I was saying! If you mercenary types make it past these, we'll call it even! If not .... Well, your friends are next on the list. Ciao!" Yanking the rope back into the copter the vehicle skittered off across the sky to the West.

OoC (01/08/2013) : I would like to clarify no auto-hitting enemy SPF. The permissible control rule does not apply to the enemy versions of these NPCs.

Last edited:
The atmosphere around the camp began to take on quite the lonely feel, as Lance ate the meat scraps and watched the faint glint of the tanker slowly disappear from view. The only thing of any interest around was the hulking corpse of the Zolom, which despite impressive sight that it was, Lance was hoping not go near one again in the near future. “Well you’re not much company, are you?” Lance chuckled into what may as well have been thin air. Tyche, as far as Lance could tell, was still in a deep sleep, several attempts at shaking him awake proving futile. “Well it’s not as if anything can get us out here, nearest thing around is the Chocobo farm, and I doubt old Boko over there is gonna come chasing us anytime soon.”

After clearing up the cooking equipment, Lance picked up Otangue and began to diffuse it to its 8 brothers, ensuring that each black spear head was clean and no blood from the Zolom still defiled the head. Slotting each one into place, Lance stood up and started walking to the edge of the swamp, considering the route through the mine. A faint whirr could be heard in the distance, probably from the wind, as it blew a gentle breeze westwards, soothing Lance’s mind. Then the gunfire ripped into the swamp just in front of the spearman’s feet. Springing back to dodge the hail of gunfire, Lance drew one of the Orochi’s and looked in the direction of the onslaught, surprised to see a copter emblazoned with the ShinRa logo being the source of the gunfire.

Lance watched the 4 lapdogs disembark from the copter. “3 gunners and a swordsman, a wannabe SOLDIER at that, hardly gonna be easy, but it’s still gonna be fun,” Lance chortled. As the copter pulled away after the goggled youth threw down his challenge. Deciding that swift action would give the largest advantage, Lance sprinted into the midst of the gunners, launching a couple of lightning bolts in the direction of the swordsman, hoping they find their mark, and if not, prove a distraction while he focussed on the weaker looking enemies. Pouncing towards the nearest gunner, Lance unsheathed an Orochi, and performed a low-high-low combo with spear’s shaft, before jumping into the air, to perform a plunging attack towards the next gunner, muttering his well practiced mantra while airborne, whilst plummeting towards the green clad soldier.

OOC: Apologies to all for this post pre-edit

(OOC: sorry for the short post)

Alistair started to savor the meat he was eating he closed his eyes and let the flavor flood through his entire body. The first thing he noticed was the overwhelming taste of salt this was due to the preserving process he had used on the blood tastes leg, the second taste was from the second preserving process this was the taste a rich deep and bountiful flavor this flavor came through the smoke that he had cooked it through, the third flavor was the left over iron in the blood tastes leg this was the subtlest flavor and it was the most alluring to him. Al stood up abruptly and turned to face the front of the convoy he could see Hale and thought to himself "there's the man I need to speak too" Al started to run he jumped from the flatbed of the truck he was riding on and he hit the next truck rolled flew through the air towards Hale aiming to drop kick him in a friendly manner.

Atma

Formerly Karu
~ Revival Post at RPer's Request ~

At the sound sound of his comrade pressing off from the ground, Hail turned to witness the drop-kick careening towards himself. Turning body to the side, black leather closed around the ankle of his travel companion and threw the limb downward with force equivalent to that Alistair had put into the move. "Hello, Al. Is there something I can help you with?" Queried the Captain, eyebrow raised as he slid sheathed blade from across his back to rest down to the left of his hip and secured the black straps about his waist.

Meanwhile, the first gunman fell unprepared to Lance's assault as the swordsman caught the fork of lightning upon his blade with no apparent damage whilst the two remaining fired burst shots at the man now plunging downwards, one of them receiving the blow on his rifle. At metal grated against metal the cheaply produced weapon was split in twain, thudding against the dry soil uselessly. In reaction the trooper swung for the assaulting spearman's ribcage with a polished black baton. The swordsman rushed forward to swing blade down and sever the skull of the gambling companion.

Lance winced as the bullets flew past him, a couple scraping his knuckles and one catching him across the left cheek, leaving its red path up to just under the outer edge of Lance’s eye. Satisfied that one gunner was disarmed of their nuisance of a weapon, Lance set himself up for the next attack. Spear stuck in the marshland after the impact, Lance quickly reacted to the incoming baton by unsheathing another spear and parrying the blow, swinging the baton away to unbalance the soldier. Swinging the free spear, he aimed a blunt blow upwards under the soldier’s chin, while unsheathing a third spear and launched it at the remaining gunner as he turned around. At this point, Lance saw the lone swordsman make break for the gambler, cursing himself for how open he left his companion, knowing that there was nothing he could do to cover the distance in time.

Al thumps into the ground next too Hail, he jumps up and lets out a small whoop as a small shot of adrenaline passed through his system. He pats his leg where the straps had grabbed him and then takes another bite of the leg of meat.

"Not really to be honest, i just thought that i'd come give you some company of I'm honest." Al replied smiling at Hail. "Do you want a bite?" He asks proffering the leg towards Hail. "Well if I'm honest I do have a small agenda here," Al replies frankly "I want information, specifically why is there such a large task force for this i know that the cure is useful but it's not valuable, why would anybody want to steal it? Is there a hidden agenda to this task? Also Aren't we missing some people? The Cactus Jacks seem a bit understaffed as it's only you and I here, there should be at least two more right?"

Last edited:
His eyelids slowly opened, as the fading sound of a helicopter waned away. The lethargic lone gambler clipped his goggles over his hat. He scuffled up out of his sleeping bag slowly, wary of the wounds on his abdomen. They seemed to be healing over alright with no sign of infection thanks to Al’s treatment. He peered out of his lookout post on the convoy to see Lance facing four ShinRa soldiers – as to why they were fighting the Dragoon, Tyche had no idea, but he would have to fill him in after the combat. Tyche was suddenly interrupted by the battle cry of the sword-wielding ShinRa soldier, showing how little training he had from just one sleepy glance to the left. Tyche simply shuffled back, sitting on the side of his convoy lookout with a mild smile on his face. He looked down on the ShinRa soldier with pity.

“C’mon, I was practically half asleep! Why did you cry out! Oh, I know,”

Tyche went from chit-chat to malice, as he furiously aimed a kick at the Soldier’s head with the intention of removing his helmet. Leaping off of the side of the lookout and onto the roof of the convoy, he grabbed 7 and span the barrel around, violently pointing it point-blank at the Soldier.

“You’re scared, aren’t you? First time seeing a mercenary? First time on the field, even? Damn ShinRa filth! I’ll fucking crucify you with arrows!”

He was probably wrong about the fear, knowing his luck.

Tyche chuckled to himself, a condescending look on his face as he took pleasure in facing the soldier, regardless of whether he was scared or not. Quickly firing two bolts from his Crossbow, he leapt off of the convoy, firing two more shots at the soldier in front of the gunman facing Lance directly. Tyche really wished than he had the time to get into his new clothes. The man who slept through gunfire jogged over to Lance, bringing his back to face his ally’s. He brought 7 up and pointed it at the Gunman who had just had one of Otangue’s spears launched directly at him.

“Sorry, I never thought I’d find that lookout so... comfortable! What’s with these guys?”

Atma

Formerly Karu
"A touch understaffed is correct." Looking over towards the horizon, Hail espied a small camp amongst the muddy plains and some conspicuous grey smudge skittering away across the sky. "If you had to ask me..." The Captain all but muttered, "...I'd say they overslept, having made camp down on the swamplands." As his eyes came back a single, tall tree at ground level took his attention. The thing seemed to be well aged, but only recently branching? Who could say why, he supposed. Surrendering a shrug the man rested foot upon a rock as the transport trickled past, planting hand upon raised knee and leaning before continuing his statement. "Our cargo is incredibly valuable, our mission is to distribute it in fair time and shares but not everyone is willing to wait a turn. Keeping in mind who we work for not every person on Gaia is willing to even take their turn peacefully. A lot of the world blames us - our bosses, for what happened." Turning with a slight twist at the waist, Hail frowned a little before easing himself back into a standing position.

"Speaking of which, we need to do something about the military presence. Fort Condor of all places will easily distinguish us as ShinRa if we have too many with us. We'll part into two trains, one will head on to Junon while we take one tanker and one flatbed with us to Condor. The Junon bound cargo will wait just beyond the checkpoint, at the foot of the mountains. By my mark that's the safest way to do it as there is nothing more conspicuous than whilst we negotiate with our hosts the rest of our contingent drifts past." Eyeing the man, the mako glow alluded to thoughts of uncertainty. He was from Gongaga, wasn't he? It was potential for betrayal considering how much places like that once delicate town had suffered at the hands of ShinRa that shook Hail, yet Tseng himself vouched for each of his compatriots. Dismissing the thought, a text was dispatched to the group at the camp.

--
To: Lance, Tyche
Move it. We have to handle a visit Fort Condor carefully.
---

Meanwhile at the camp, a hexagonal shell spell was brought into existence by the swordsman as he collected the kick towards his face upon the flat of the blade, gouging his heels into the soft marsh with crossbow bolts glancing off of his helmet. In the ignorance of the foe to turn his back to him and make for his ally the SOLDIER set a burst of ice at his foe's back. The gunman to be assailed by Lance failed to guard the first blow, the other ducking under the next, priming a grenade that unfortunately for Lance and Tyche, sailed through the air towards them as they murdered the man.

Last edited:
Seeing the second gunman fall to Lance’s blow was a relief, “Two down, slowly evening the odds…” The Orochi flying past the remaining green clad soldier however was not, “and Otangue is out of the question, fantastic” Turning to face the gunner, Lance felt Tyche take position behind him. “Hey Tyche, trade you yours for mine,”Lance said as he started to formulate a strategy to dispose of the swordsman. Before any plan could even begin to hold in his mind, the clink of metal upon ground chimed in his ears, looking down to see the grenade, Lance’s eyes widened. Grabbing the lone spear that was still in the ground as he fast as he could, Lance took to the skies to escape with an audible “OH SHIII-!” The blast knocked him further into the air and disorientated him as he tumbled upwards. As he started to fall, Lance saw that he had overshot the swordsman, and seizing the chance to counter attack, launched spear at the ground 3 meters behind him. Lance landed, although haphazardly, atop the spear and kicked off, flying towards the red clad soldier, free spear extended, attempting to catch him off guard for a powerful thrusting strike.

Alistair whistled “I realise it’s rare, but it just seems crazy to me that people can be that cruel to others for a cure that is free, humans are mixed up creatures man.” He pulled the blood tastes leg and then tore another chunk off of it. He shook his head and looked down.”

“So, we’re splitting up to go to Fort Condor? Seeing as our cargo is that precious wouldn’t it be dangerous splitting the group up?” Al asked curious “I mean I understand that they’re not the friendliest with ShinRa over there but what if they get shot up while we’re not there to enforce over them make sure they don’t get messed up. What if instead they just wait outside of the area when we go in and deliver goods ourselves?

“Also I can’t believe those idiots slept in after asll the trouble I went through to heal them up. Speaking of sleep I’m not sure if I’ve slept since the Zolom. Tell me Hail, Have I slept?” Alistair Starts babbling at Hail it then turns into an incoherent choooll sound so he stops and waits for a reply.

Alright, that seems reasonable enough. Careful though, he’s got some pretty decent Materia on hand. I sure felt that one!” Tyche gritted his teeth as the cold cracked and scraped at his exposed back, his posture sagging in places due to the injuries he sustained from fighting the Zolom beginning to open up. Tyche agreed with lance that switching around right now would be the best plan of action. As Lance went to face the spell-blading swordsman, Tyche turned around and focused 7’s sights on the Gunman, he tried his best to give a grin.

That was, until the grenade exploded.

Tyche had no time to react, and was blown forward from the explosion, his shirt and jacket ripping up from the explosion, and sending him rolling forward into the dusty grounds. As Tyche tried to get up, the maroon particles fading from his fire necklace gave him some reassurance he was going to be alright – the burns from the explosion were of no issue, fortunately. He hastily rolled forward and sprang up, chugged the rest of his Hi-Potion from the day before, and trained 7 at the ShinRa gunner once more with his left hand. Thanks to Al’s healing, Tyche’s wounds from the day before were fine. He was surprised at the complete silence during all of the action.

“Well bud’, it’s just you and me. Aside from ‘casty slashy’ over there, but what’s he worth, right? Pick your poison. Bolts, or Beta?”

The flask holding the Hi-Potion was now on the floor, his materia glove glowing yellow as the odd warping sound that heralded the deadly flames faintly hummed from his open palm. In fact, using it was incredibly risky at this range. He was just trying to intimidate the SOLDIER, not that that was going to do anything.

It was at this point that Tyche realised he couldn’t even hear himself speak, literally. He couldn’t hear anything going on bar a shrill ringing in his ears. It must’ve been the grenade. This was going to be a long day for the gambler.

Atma

Formerly Karu
"Humans are indeed a lively bunch..." The mix of odd emotions regarding the particular humans who held mastery over them bubbled towards the surface, the question a lively one to draw his attention yet the ramblings of his companion continued. "Indeed you haven't. Perhaps you would be so kind as to accompany me to Fort Condor and those rooks can guard the cargo instead." Exhaling carefully to calm himself, a mild stretch of the fingers was the only other sign of a conscious effort to distract himself.

"The ever vigilant can hold guard over the cargo, they're at least more refreshed. We'll take a few moments ourselves to rest on the way to the Fort. Is this agreeable to you?" Hail queried the weary mercenary.

The swordsman deftly bound aside, a pike of ice rising violently from where he once stood at his own behest in attempt to wound the warrior. That lunatic gambler appeared to be preparing some kind of large scale spell, the swordsman making a bee line towards the man with a leap forward propelled from the left foot, sword raised above head sailing down to split his skull in twain.

Tyche continued to glare at the gunman, the masking grin hiding everything. All he could do now is hold his ground and wait for an opportunity and for his hearing to return. Watching his opponent's eyes suddenly shift to his ally, who was now diving down towards Tyche, delivering another skull-splitting slice aimed at him. Tyche's saw the chance, and rolled backwards - the only lucky roll he'd really pulled off in his career, he thought. Jumping back up once again, he pointed his Beta-charged hand at the Sword wielder, and continued to hold his aim steady on the SOLDIER Gunman. This time, a real smile crept onto his face.

"Phew! Sorry boys, looks like Double L isn't on your side today. Alright, two options! Number One: You surrender yourselves and you go back to ShinRa politely, making sure you give them our most sincere apologies for our actions, whatever we did. Ooooor we have Number Two: I char the two of you down ta' nothingness and you regret ever signing up for this job," Tyche nodded to his right arm, and then shrugged slightly, making sure not to lose his aim on the two.

"I mean I don't know, maybe you swore your lives to ShinRa and you'd happily take me down for your lives with no regrets? I can't wait to see how you'll react."

As the swordsman stepped aside, Lance knew that his strike was going to fail, even though he had a rough idea that it was going to anyway. “Always have a plan b…” The only thing Lance didn’t expect was the shooting ice spear. Seeing the chilled point rise, Lance retracted the extended Orochi, the pike colliding with the shaft, launching Lance into the air yet again, chunks of shattered ice exploding upwards with him, some managing to slice his torso before they evaporated away or descended as crystal rain.

Lance, for once, was unhappy that he was airborne again, mainly due to the fact that it was the second time he had been launched not of his own accord. He was also unhappy to see the swordsman make another break for his colleague as Lance’s cone of vision spun to the skirmish that lay below him. “This really isn’t my morning…” Then, thinking it couldn’t get any worse, saw the yellow glow emanating from Tyche’s hand, and realised there was only one spell that Tyche could have up sleeve, “He’s gonna nuke us all….FANTASTIC! Then again, I’m no use up here and it’ll certainly do the job, just need to ward off those two so he can let it loose….” Laughing to himself, Lance righted his position and launched his remaining six spears around the duo and began to draw into his reserves, the green orb at his belt glowing faintly as he descended. Landing next to his spear that served its purpose as a springboard, Lance tore it from the ground and charged at the 3 man standoff in front of him. Launching the charged Lightning spell at one of the spears, Lance took off watching the lightning ring form between the six spears around the 2 SOLDIERS, “That’ll hopefully keep the green one back, as for that shelled red, maybe not,” Lance thought as he reached his peak, the last Orochi crackling blue, energy enveloping the spear, “But if Tyche’s new toy doesn’t finish you off, I will!”

"Excellent, I was fairly sure that I hadn't slept yet but ah well it'll make for a more interesting day I suppose. Also just to let you in on a secret sleep deprivation tends to make me a wee bit hyperactive and a tad too talkative. Can you tell?" Alistair asked in a flurry of speech and arm gestures blood taste grease splattering his clothes he then answers his own question "Of course you can lad, you're smart and in charge a lethal combination if you ask me"

He scratched his head and realized that he's been asked to accompany his superior to Fort condor well he couldn't say no and he said as much like this "oh and sir I'm sorry. I appeared to have brushed over your request of course I'll accompany you to the fort."

Atma

Formerly Karu
"Thank you, Alistair." Hail breathed a sigh of relief. This one was certainly an eccentric character as earlier surmised yet anxiety might be mistaken for the same. Their companion Raven was quiet as ever, following up the back of the convoy still in the cabin. Such an incongruous man, antisocial but assuredly loyal to ShinRa if nothing else...

...The SOLDIER froze, a plan in the works. The single remaining man held tight in his cage, clutching his baton with white knuckles beneath leather gloves with mouth agape at the magic springing to life about him and the threat unfolding. "I-I'll report back!" He screamed, voice betraying him as barely a boy. "Let me simply live!" He cried with creaking voice of adolescence as the SOLDIER tossed the Ice Materia to his comrade, nodding assuredly and offering a curious parting word. "Unconfirmed. Assumed progressing." The nervous gunman nodded vigorously, chanting, "Sir, yes sir!" As he retrieved the materia into quivering fingers. The SOLDIER turned visored eyes to Tyche and grimaced, assuming stance. "As for you? I would sooner die and save my honour than yield!" Tossing his blade with both hands at the gambler, the man knew either way he was to die.

OOC: Shortpost for simple plan. I would also like to point out what goes up must come down and given aiming with a limit break... Tyche needs to decide if he's going to risk nuking Lance.

(OOC: In which Tyche gets a lucky crit attack)

Tyche raised his eyebrows, admiring the young SOLDIER's honesty. Of course, he couldn't make out anything he was saying, but he could read the fear in his eyes and see from his movements that he was going to choose life. Playing Texas Hold 'Em really did have its benefits.

Now that he was one to one with the other SOLDIER, everyone's favourite nuke, Beta, was no longer an option, fortunately enough for Lance. Tyche let the warping flames fizzle out of his hands, and his materia lose its bright glow. Tyche turned to the the other SOLDIER, ointing 7 at him and raising his eyebrows up, gesturing for the SOLDIER to make his decision.

"As for you? I would sooner die and save my honour than yield!"

Tyche nodded, pretending listening to the SOLDIER's last few words intently. It was at that point he noticed the sword coming flying towards him. Tyche quickly rolled to the side, the blade clumsily sliding into a stray puddle - they were still in the marshlands, for the most part. As Tyche brought his aim with 7 back up he laughed, reassured by the faint presence of his voice returning. He gave an edgy laugh, and snapped back at the enemy's heroic response:

"I have absolutely no idea what you just said pal, but you played well,"

Tyche pulled the trigger of his trusty crossbow, and an odd-sounding 'click' that was a pitch higher than the normal sound that came from 7 chimed out. Suddenly, a bolt coated in a bright white light zoomed off 7, speeding directly towards the unarmed SOLDIER's chest.

"But I'm afraid you just rolled Snake Eyes."

It was at that point Tyche realised that he could have said that when he was facing the Zolom. The question was though; why on earth was he being so lighthearted about fighting and potentially killing another SOLDIER?

Lance saw with relief the glow fade from Tyche’s hand, “That would have worked, but we’ve still got to catch up with the group, and I don’t fancy showing up looking like a cinder.” Calm re-encapsulating his mind, Lance refocused on the battlefield as he heard the gamblers crossbow launch another bolt, the white bolt heading straight towards its red mark. “Waste of such power but looks our green friend is going to be no more,” Lance thought as he tapped the head of the orochi with his foot, knocking his path towards the quivering gunner. As the blue streak bore down towards the gunner, Lance saw the gleam of silver revolve towards the gambler, hoping that for Tyche’s sake that he could get away, “It’s a long way to drag you to Alistair so he can heal you, and that may not even be enough…” To Lance's releif, he saw the gambler avoid the rotating spiral of death, and focussed on his target, looking straight into the gunners eyes as he descended.

Last edited:

Atma

Formerly Karu
OOC: Move your asses to the mountain top in the next post. You want loot, scavenge for it. From here on I will introduce enemies with possible loot listed OOC. Manley is skipped as is Hail due to moving scenario along.

The SOLDIER knew this was the end, standing head turned towards the sky with eyes closed in acceptance. A moment of serenity passed over him, tempering the distant smouldering panic as the click of the crossbow sounded. Two things whistled in the wind. No sooner had the first thudded into him had Lance pressed his ally to the ground, eliminating the last enemy despite his surrender. The surviving gunner shed silent tears, clasping materia tightly yet as life fled from his body.

Last edited:
Lance let out a deep breath as he heard the splash of the swordsman fall into the swamp. “That took longer than I expected…” Lance thought as he tore the spear out of the gunner mangled body. Flicking the gore of the spear head, Lance turned to Tyche, “Good shot there, don’t know how long I had left before you woke up,” Lance laughed, “anyways, while your still on your lucky streak, search your friend there and one of the gunners, I’ll check this one and the one over there,” pointing in the direction of the remaining spear that missed its mark. Sheathing his spear he padded down the soldier searching for anything valuable. Lance collected the 6 spears that encircled him, which a tad warmer than he thought after the electricity that flowed through them had dissipated, and searched the second soldier, collecting the final spear in the process. Lance remembered that during the skirmish the box on his left arm had hummed much to his annoyance. Removing the phone and reading the text from Hail, Lance downed one of his 4 cans of potion, crushed the can and through it in the direction of the hulking body of the Zolom. Shouting over to his companion, Lance holstered the phone, “Hey Tyche!” he shouted nodding towards the mountain with a smile on his face, “race you to the top!”

Lance jogged towards the mountain face relishing the idea of a good climb. Spotting the path that the Tanker’s had taken he ran up the rocky path before noticing a series of outcrops that ran up the face of the mountain. Jumping form to platform Lance made quick progress towards the top, before he realised that there were no more easy jumps and he strayed too far to make it back to the path. “Oh well, I asked for a climb and a climb I shall have…” Lance chuckled as he started to climb the sheer face. A short while later Lance made it to the top, and looked down upon the forested area’s below that lead towards Junon, and the large tower that was unmistakeably Fort Condor. Lance took in the sights as he caught his breath, trying to figure out the best way back down so he could regroup.

Tyche scoffed in mirth, pointing at Lance jokingly. “Hey, when you’ve been bitten by a 30 foot snake and cast the spell it just fired at you right back at it, you sleep! Anyways,” Tyche put away his crossbow, his mind plagued with the dying breaths of the enemy swordsman. “Give us a few, and I’ll get my stuff together and take a look at what we can find here…”

Tyche kicked open the large ShinRa storage box, and found his set of fresh, new clothes, which arrived with a beautiful handkerchief of the highest quality, with the loyal customer’s initials gracefully embroidered on the maroon cloth. Finding a bottle of water in the SOLDIER swordsman’s satchel, he jumped out of his ragged trousers and flipped the bottle’s top off, letting the cool water run over his knotted hair and body caked with dirt, wiping off what he could. Looking around, he raised his brow in satisfaction upon noticing the handkerchief, using it to dry himself off for the most part. Tyche turned to his side and dipped into the satchel once more, grabbing a fresh set of bandages. Knowing they’d come in handy, he used half of it to bandage up his abdomen to make sure the wound wouldn’t be opening up anytime soon and stuffed the rest into his own satchel. He then grabbed the mustard yellow shirt from the crate, taking pleasure from the feeling of fresh material on his worn body. He didn’t want to dirty his new combat pants either, so he used the rags of his old trousers to (mostly) protect him from the damp marshes as he clumsily got them on. Shuffling into his brand new jacket and adjusting his hat, satchel and 7, he turned to Lance.

“So, what do you think? Charming, right?”

Tyche wasn’t expecting much of a response. In fact he was more surprised, watching Lance bound towards the mountain. Tyche checked his phone – Fort Condor? Well, this was definitely going to be a chore. Tyche called back to Lance, responding to his ‘challenge’ with joviality in his voice.
“C’mon, partner! Do you think someone like me would challenge a Dragoon to a mountain climb!”

Tyche really was starting to feel comfortable in the group.

Tyche quickly kicked the body of the swordsman over, a small ‘sorry’ echoing through his head as he removed the SOLDIER’s holster and tugged at the sword sunk in the marsh, and putting it into the holster. It’d be heavy, but Tyche knew it’d help some way or another, along with the comforting blue glow of the Ice Materia that had blasted him directly in the back! Tyche inspected it. He wasn’t great with Materia, so he was unsure on whether it was working or not. When they got back with the caravan he’d ask Hail about it. He made sure that 7 wasn’t being weighed down by the sword either - didn’t want baby being damaged.

Tyche jogged over to Lance, looking down at the looming Fort Condor, and seeing a small view of the caravan, stopped in rest. It seemed liked the two of them needed to find a way down from the mountain.

“Well, you got any ideas, Lance?”

Atma

Formerly Karu
(Let's mosey on.. Catch up to us and I'll do the approach to Fort Condor as a group. Apologies but I've decied in favour of progress to skip the little sub plot.)