• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Pokémon World Championships Website Now Open

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
2014_world_championships_logo_rgb.jpg
The official website for the Pokémon World Championships 2014 is now open. This year's event is being held in Washington DC across the 16th and 17th of August. Alike last year the event will be streamed via the Pokémon Twitch channel.

On the Saturday the Twitch channel will be streaming select TCG and VGC matches over the course of the day. On Sunday the channel will be streaming the top six matches of every age division for the TCG and VGC letting us see who is crowned the champion of each division this year.

It has also been revealed that trainers attending the event will be able to download an Aegislash. The Aegislash will know the moves Wide Guard, King's Shield, Shadow Ball, and Flash Cannon and be at Level 50 and holding a Sitrus Berry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always been interested in competitive play but never participated much knowing the Pokemon I always wanted to use were considered RU/NU or otherwise useless in competitive play (but that's another story!).
Even so, I've always wanted to go to a huge event like this. Growing up, only a small handful of students were interested in Pokemon so it was taboo (and contraband in the classroom!), and I never lived near a major city that held even unofficial competitive card or game events. But a huge event like this? Pokemon trainers as far as the eye could see! I digress, though...

I'll hopefully be able to catch the twitch broadcasts. It'll all be the same Pokemon as always-- if I were to play any drinking games, I'd dead after shooting one to many back every time a trainer uses a Lucario, Aegislash or a Charizard-- but it's still at least interesting and neat.

@Ezaro Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Ehh, I'd wager it's pretty easy to get at least a 3IV through Wondertade alone, but I dunno about this one's ability/moveset-- is it particularly hard to get or is it even useful?