• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

N's Full Name Is Announced

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
N.png

So, it has now been just over a year since Pokémon Black & White got their Japanese release. Normally after this amount of time no more details are given about the game and its characters, but in a surprising turn of events a few details about N have surfaced.

Read More

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
This is...

PFFFFFFFT
Interesting name is interesting, indeed.

Also, this.
Rileyixx said:
.-. Now that I know about the Gropius bit about him I don't think I want to go on the ferris wheel with him anymore
Totally agree. Especially since I always play as the girl- oh gosh. GET YOU HANDS AWAY FROM ME.

But I've always loved N, and this even more so~

... Natural Harmonia. I hope he chose that name himself or something. I'm guessing he probably did, since he doesn't know who his parents are.

Riley already stole the Gropius gag, so I have nothing.

I actually expected a lot of this, including the mathematics part, since he often talks about the perfect formula, and if he's locked up in a castle for a long time, Ghetsis probably knew how to distract the kid with a big pile of maths books. The pokemon thing was a given. What surprised me the most however, was the saying that he did not know his parents. I always believed that Ghetsis was N's, or Natural Harmonia's since we know that now, father. This piece of information contradicts that. Who could N's parents be?

Also,
PokeGirlPraure said:
>High IQ?
>MY FACE.
he can have high IQ and yet be naive, to the point of stupidity. This isn't the first time it happened either, Isaac in Ranger Diaries up until the last moments thought he was working on a way to help people get closer to pokemon until Kincaid himself said that it was all a lie. If anything, Natural Harmonia is actually smarter than Isaac, because he actually began to realize the truth on his own. All he needed to stop what he was doing was proof, and that's the real reason that he wanted his battle with the protagonist. In a sense, it was just like a scientist would do. He went out, made observations, formed a hypothesis, and tested it in an experiment, and saw the results with his own eyes. Scientific Method all the way!

Gropius is a German architect who is considered a master of modern architecture. I wonder is this is where N's last name came from. Maybe because of his advanced math skils they thought this fit.

I actually find that it makes sense. If you look at the picture of him he has a rub-ix cube. If he had that since he was a child, he would be able to solve more complex problems probably enhancing his IQ. His name is kind of strange but not to not be in the Ferris wheel together. He is kind of a weirdo however...

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Swampert27 said:
I actually find that it makes sense. If you look at the picture of him he has a rub-ix cube. If he had that since he was a child, he would be able to solve more complex problems probably enhancing his IQ. His name is kind of strange but not to not be in the Ferris wheel together. He is kind of a weirdo however...

The cube is actually a Menger Sponge, as shown here:

Menger_sponge_%28Level_1-4%29.jpg

Honestly, I'm not even sure why N's full name being revealed counts as such big news, but I am one of the seemingly few people who doesn't like him. Hopefully this information about N will have some relevance in future games to justify the general reaction it has received.

I think the main reason people are attracted to him is because he is very similar to Gary Oak in the first games. He jumps out of nowhere and challenges you to a battle, he judges you often in his belief that he is the better one. And he becomes your final opponent in the league after becoming the champion himself.

The difference is that he's not as effective as Gary Oak, he's actually more like a cheap copycat. He tries to jump you, but he does it in all the wrong places, either in town just after you got all healed up, or at the end of the tiresome cave where he announces his presence long before you reach him. And his final battle only happens once, and it isn't the real final battle. And, to put it simply, he's just not Gary Motherfucking Oak

And the Menger Sponge does trace back to Maths, as there actually is a complex formula to determine how many cubes there are in a menger sponge. Natural Harmonia may only be holding the 1st stage sponge, but he might have more at home, used for his practice in maths.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
King of Lucario said:
Honestly, I'm not even sure why N's full name being revealed counts as such big news...

Because his full name is so ridiculous that it must be shared. ;)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
King of Lucario said:
Honestly, I'm not even sure why N's full name being revealed counts as such big news...

Because his full name is so ridiculous that it must be shared. ;)

And it might be something helpful to know for when something like Grey gets announced.

I don't even know why I clicked on this link and expected N to have a normal name lol. Also passing over Gropius being a German important person, I thought Game Freak would be more familiar with the internet than this after Gen IV especially. You don't name someone Gropius!

Why? Why? Why Gropius? Tropius would have been much better in my opinion, as it is a green Pokemon, to match N's hair.

Other than that, Natural Harmony really fits with the character. I like the name.