• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

North America Platinum Release Confirmed

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
HTML:
[img]https://pokecharms.com/games/DS/platinum/newslogo.png[/img]
The confirmation we've been waiting for has finally arrived in the form of a Nintendo of America press release. See the Full Story for complete details, which includes a partial list of upcoming Wii and DS games (all dates subject to change).

The short is that Pokemon Platinum has indeed been slated for North American release March 22nd, 2009. It looks like the rest of the details included in the previous update were probably true as well, as Nintendo has also used the term "Distortion World".

So, yeah. For anyone who was holding out, be sure to mark this date on your calender (barring delays). Sadly, I've yet to see any information related to non-NA releases, but we'll bring you that news as soon as we can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
It's nice to have the official release. Hopefully the official UK release will follow soon - now that will be a day I mark on my Calendar.

Though something else mentioned has me excited too... Pikmin! I can't wait for that! At least that's something I can play while I wait for Platinum ^^

Well, guess it's official then. All I need now is a copy of the game and when the events are (Assuming Nintendo has the sense to do it with the Americas as well).

March 22nd. Hmm, second Sunday of my Spring Vacation. Might just play it all week then.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Typical that it's right after my birthday in the states. I may import, but I don't know if I can be bothered. Or if I'll have the money. >> If I don't, who knows when the European release'll be...

Well it should be worth the wait, The story is quite more exciting than in Diamond and Pearl (I hope). But do the clothes have to be purple? it's okay for tha female, but not for the male. It should be like gold or silver; something that would fit in with the game. Other than that, I can't wait. i'm hoping they can get special events for the game later on the years of 2009.

WHOO!
*runs to mark calendar*

I is waiting now. I really want the new, big Pokedex. That'll really lead to my E-4 team being improved.

Oh yes! Plaitnum! Whoo! I'm going to have a Plaitnum party with some friends on the release day.

I guess this means I'll need to stop by Toys 'R' Us and pick up that Shaymin.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... You know what, I'm not even going to bother n00bing you. You obviously have no idea how forums work, your posts are downright retarded, AND you're underaged. You're not even supposed to BE here.

GTFO this forum, you walking typo, you.