• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nintendo Direct - Pokémon Round-Up

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon.jpg
During yesterday's Nintendo Direct there was a fair bit of Pokémon news. While arguably none of it was as big as the reveal that Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue and Pokémon Yellow will be coming to the 3DS' Virtual Console next year, we figured we'd round up the rest!

To kick things off we were given a release date for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon in Europe. The game will be launching in Europe on the 19th of February, 2016. It's of course releasing much sooner in North America - next week to be exact, on the 20th of November.

Pokken tournament.png
Next up we have a fancy new trailer for Pokkén Tournament, which is slated to be released in Spring 2016 for North America and Europe. However, Japan will be getting the game on the 18th of March.

Along with the new trailer, which you can find below, it was also revealed that the game will make use of amiibo cards. First print editions of Pokkén Tournament will come bundled with an amiibo card for Shadow Mewtwo, allowing you to unlock the character for use right from the beginning of the game.
Last but by no means least, it has been revealed that a new free to start Pokémon game is headed to the 3DS' eShop. This game is a Pokémon spin on the popular Picross games and is known as Pokémon Picross. Like with Pokémon Rumble World, the game will have an upper limit for the amount of money you can spend on it. A trailer can be found below and the game will be released worldwide in December.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so excited for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! Here in North America it's being released November 20th, and it getting closer!

I haven't played a mystery dungeon in forever, and playing with all the Pokemon is very exciting!

I have to say I am excited for all of these. I have always loved the Mystery Dungeon series and this release will probably be loved just as much. The idea of having legends as team members will be something I will have to get used to, but it will be interesting still. :)

As for Pokken and Picross; I have been a fan of both Tekken and Pokemon for so long so getting a mash-up styled game will be amazing and Picross will be a cute little game to do between my classes. Ah I am just to excited for all of these~!