• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nintendo brings Pokemon X/Y and other upcoming titles to Eurogamer this month

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
large.jpg
Nintendo has announced its line up for this year's Eurogamer Expo in London, starting on the 27th of this month. Among the key titles will be the demos of Pokemon X and Y (very likely the same that have been doing the rounds since the Pokemon Game Show in Japan last month), and we'll be there to give you our impressions in the few short weeks before the games finally launch next month.

Also on show from Nintendo are key Wii U titles, Bayonetta 2; Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze; The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker HD; Sonic Lost World; Super Mario 3D World; and, although it's already out, The Wonderful 101 - likely in an attempt to boost the lacklustre sales the game has unfortunately received, despite solid critical acclaim.

As well as Pokemon, the 3DS (and, I suppose, 2DS), will be represented by the handheld version of Sonic Lost World as well as the other upcoming Zelda title this year, A Link Between Worlds.

While both line ups paint a, by now, unfortunately familiar picture of Nintendo's core first party games and essentially no third party support at all, Nintendo has at least been courting indie developers to try and raise its hopes for the Wii U, and will have an entire zone dedicated to these games at Eurogamer for fans to try out. The Indie games on show will be: Coaster Crazy Deluxe; Knytt Underground; Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut; Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails; and Tengami for the Wii U, as well as 3DS versions of Putty Squad; Retro City Rampage; Shantae and the Pirate's Curse; and also currently available on the e-shop right now, SteamWorld Dig, a preview for which you'll find at the bottom of this post.

All the above games will be playable, and we'll do our best to get to play as many of them as possible and report back with our thoughts when we attend the show later in the month.

Nintendo Life is also collaborating with Nintendo to host a StreetPass Zone for attendees to fill up their StreetPass Plaza with and some 3DS tournament challenges for Star Fox 64 3D, New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Kart 7 and Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate.

Of course, Nintendo's not in isolation here, and both Sony and Microsoft will be coming to Eurogamer with all guns blazing as they march towards the release of their new consoles in November. The big hitting titles on show from Nintendo will certainly guarantee they won't be forgotten about, but it is somewhat harder to get too excited about travelling a few hundred miles to play a game that's out just a couple weeks later, or one we all played to death a decade ago on the Gamecube. Hopefully by next year, Nintendo's situation will have improved somewhat.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yes. I was hoping this was going to happen, so I'm very glad to see it confirmed. I will be attending Eurogamer, so I might do a kind of Q&A where I try to find the answers to any questions about the demo people here might have..

Last edited: