• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Trailer For Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Introduces The Three Latest Mega Pokémon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
TeamMagmaVSTeamAqua_832x468.png
A brand new trailer has just been released by the official Pokémon YouTube channel showing off Mega Gallade, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt, who were all discovered in the CoroCoro leaks a couple of days ago. The trailer can be viewed below:

The trailer doesn't reveal a great deal of note, although it does give us some interesting information on the abilities Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon have. When their abilities, Desolate Land and Primordial Sea, come into effect no weather moves will work. When Desolate Land is in effect water type moves will no longer work and when Primordial Sea is in effect Fire Type moves will no longer be usable.

Alongside the trailer we've also learnt that a demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will be downloadable through the 3DS' eShop with the use of a special code. How you obtain this code is yet to be revealed, but we'll bring details on it as soon as we know more!

this is pretty good. im glad rayquazas returning but i have to decide which version to get. both primal groudon and kyogre seem to be very powerful and im leaning a bit more towards groudon as it is immune to water which is a weakness. another question is, will rayquaza get a primal or mega form?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's nice to finally see the new Megas in action and to learn the nitty gritty details of Primal Groudon/Kyogre's abilities, but more importantly:

Alongside the trailer we've also learnt that a demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will be downloadable through the 3DS' eShop with the use of a special code. How you obtain this code is yet to be revealed, but we'll bring details on it as soon as we know more!

Yay! I was hoping that we'd get news about the demo sooner than later. Just crossing my fingers that we're not left waiting too long to get our hands on that code. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I had a feeling Primal Groudon's and Primal Kyogre's new Abilities would be bring back permanent sunlight and permanent rain respectively but these additional effects go well beyond my expectations. It's nice to see the true power these Legendaries possess being realized in-game rather than just mentioned in the Pokedex and in the story with no actual effect during gameplay.

I also can't wait to get my hands on that demo! I wouldn't care so much if it hadn't been teased that the demo gives bonuses to the actual game! ♥

Although I was not able to watch the tralier, I went on Serebii to check out the screenshots from the tralier. I looked through them and found something. Notice Mega Camerupt is battling Sceptile, Primal Groudon is battling Swampert, Primal Kyogre is battling Blaziken and Rayquaza is battling Salamence. All the foe Pokemon they are battling have had Mega evolutions confirmed, M Sceptile, M Swampert, M Blaziken and M Salamence. Now look at M Sharpedo, M Gallade and Primal Kyogre, they are battling Dusknoir, Shiftry and Ninetales. Since all the other foe Pokemon have Mega evolutions, could this mean that they will also be getting megas? I have been hearing a lot of rumors about M Shiftry (and M Ludicolo) and M Dusknoir, so it is a possibility that they could be getting megas. I haven't heard any rumors about M Ninetales, but since M Slowbro is going to be in ORAS, they could have a few more Gen 1 Megas.

Just something I picked up on. I'm probably being silly though...

M Ninetales sounds nice though......

*Internal fan girl scream from Mega Camerupt* Its so cute *_* Ahem..
I really like the Primal's new abilities, it will be interesting to see how well they do in a competitive battle sense. Nice to see Rayquaza, too.

Still hoping for that Mega Shiftry (love) and Mega Ludicolo :)

I was entirely wrong about Kyogre's and Groudon's abilities, but they're still interesting. Obviously Primal Groudon's ability is more helpful to since it would be 4x weak to water otherwise. My question is will it help act like other weather conditions and last five turns or will it last the entire battle? I'd also like to know if they have the same boosting effects that regular rain and sun do.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
@Carmen Lopez By the sounds of it the Abilities last so long as Kyogre and Groudon are on the field. If they're out for 3 turns, the sun/rain lasts for 3 turns. If they're out for 7 turns, the sun/rain lasts for 7 turns. I would think that since they cancel out Water/Fire attacks that the boosting effects to Fire/Water would also be amplified to 2x as opposed to 1.5x. Solar Beam would probably get the same bonus/hindrance in those conditions as well. That's my theory anyway!

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
See,that's the difference between T. Magma and T. Aqua. The Magmas are very organized,and the Aquas look like a bunch of delincuentes.

That aside,i'm glad to see Groudon's weakness go away. Kyogre is weak to Figthing and Steel,but him? Maybe another Ground Pokemon could do damage.