• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Sun/Moon Pokémon and Ultra Beasts Revealed

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

In today's Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer, a number of new Pokémon were revealed: Alolan Raticate, Type: Null, Jangmo-o, and UB-01.

TypeNull_RGB_72dpi.png
Type: Null

[type]Normal[/type]
Height: 6'03"
Weight: 265.7 lbs.
Ability: Battle Armor​

Type: Null is a Synthetic Pokémon which was built to synthesise the strengths of various Pokémon, making it adaptable enough to complete a mission that requires a Pokémon as strong as the Pokémon of mythology. The mask fitted to this Pokémon’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its power.

Jangmo-o_RGB_72dpi.png
Jungmo-o
[type]Dragon[/type]
Height: 2'0"
Weight: 65.5 lbs.
Ability: Bulletproof/Soundproof
The Scaly Pokémon Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior and never neglects its training in its pursuit of becoming stronger. This Pokémon uses the scales on its head as a weapon both offensively and defensively. It lives in harsh locales, like canyons, where it can train.

Alolan_Raticate_RGB_72dpi.png
Alolan Raticate
[type]Dark[/type][type]Normal[/type]
Height: 2'04"
Weight: 56.2 lbs.
Ability: Gluttony/Hustle
Raticate in Alola live in urban areas, leading to a higher-calorie diet than that of Raticate elsewhere. This means they have tough bodies but have gotten a lot fatter. They stockpile huge amounts of food in their nests and prefer fresh fruit and high-class ingredients. Alolan Raticate is the Totem Pokémon of the trial that takes place in Verdant Cavern on Melemele Island in Pokémon Moon.

Lastly, a new type of Pokémon has been revealed: Ultra Beasts. All over Alola, rumours speak of creatures that possess mighty powers and pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, and there are rumoured to be multiple Ultra Beasts in existence...

The only one we know about so far is UB-01:

UB-01_RGB_72dpi.png
UB-01
[type]???[/type]
Height: ???
Weight: ???
Ability: ???
UB-01 is an Ultra Beast that has a body composed of a glass-like substance. It constantly changes shape, and its movements resemble that of a young girl. Whilst evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions at all.

View attachment 365666

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
UB-01 is pretty! Though I'm wondering what its purpose in the Pokemon world (specifically the Sun and Moon games) could be. Jungmo-o and Type: Null are really cool as well, Jungmo-o is so adorable ;w;

Okay I freaking adore all of these guys so much! I really want to give Null a hug - the poor thing that looks kinda painful. Plus its kinda cute ♥ Same with Jangmo-o, I'd love to have one of those on my team - hopefully its not too much of a late game Pokemon. And UB-01 has me super intrigued. Gaaaaah I wanna know what this is now! The Lillie idea seems plausible, but I won't make too many assumptions until I can find out for myself.

UB-01 freaks me out... and Type: Null too. Pokemon made by people made for destruction unlike magearna? That's terrifying... I feel like this may be the darkest pokemon game yet..

Oh, hey, looks like they've added Remy to the game. I mean, a rat with a highly developed sense of smell that only feeds upon the freshest and finest of foods? Are you sure it's not also dreaming of becoming a cook?

No?

Ah, well, okay.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Game Freak is certainly creating some interesting Pokemon these days. I knew right away Type: Null was an artificially created chimera Pokemon based on its strange name and how it looks like a mismatch of parts.

I'm wondering if UB-01 even is a Pokemon and not just some strange eldritch abomination you have to fight. If it is a legitimate Pokemon, I'm guessing its another artificial one due to its alphanumeric designation. If that thing really does have a connection to Lillie then holy hell GF!

I cannot stop laughing at how fat Alolan Raticate is! XD

Jungmo-o looks like it has all of the makings to be the pseudo-legendary of Alola. It's just got that strong, badass look to it. Even if it isn't a pseudo, I want one unless it's found super late in the game.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Jungmo-o ♥

Type: Null very much appeals to me, there are a lot of interesting features to its design and I think it looks nifty! The name annoys me somewhat, but I guess that can be overlooked xD

I'm actually starting to like Alolan Ratifste the more I see it and learn about it. It's still ugly, but now I see it more like a gruff & pudgy version of Remmy from Ratatouille.

Jungmi-O looks pretty cool, but I'm going to wait a bit to see what I think about it since I'm pretty sure that this could be our pseudo legendary line for this generation.

As for Type: Null and the Ultra Beasts, I'm intrigued and terrified about them. I wasn't sure to make of them at first because of their names, but they're really looking interesting to me & I can't wait to see how the plot for this game includes them. Plus, I'mve been seeing theories floating around that UB-01 IS Lillie, & I'm starting to think that they may be right

I wonder when will game freak release the starter evolutions? I'm very hyped right now <.> But seriously we all need to now the first evolutions since the rumored evolutions annoyed me a lot :p

Man, Game Freak and Nintendo are really putting their all into this. ^^ I'm uber excited for the game, glad I pre-ordered it~

I hope we get to see more Alolan forms in the future, I wanna see an Alolan Squirtle! Or maybe even an Alolan Haunter.

"Lastly, a new type of Pokémon has been revealed: Ultra Beasts. All over Alola, rumours speak of creatures that possess mighty powers and pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, and there are rumored to be multiple Ultra Beasts in existence..."

I thought that they said ultra beasts weren't Pokémon.

Type: Null is a Synthetic Pokémon which was built to synthesise the strengths of various Pokémon, making it adaptable enough to complete a mission that requires a Pokémon as strong as the Pokémon of mythology. The mask fitted to this Pokémon’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its power.

Looks like Samurott and Arceus had a kid with a knight. It's perfect.