• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Trailer Reveals Mega Sableye

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
megasableye1.jpg
While yesterday may have brought its fair share of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire news thanks to a brand new trailer, the news hasn't stopped there.

Another new trailer for the game was revealed during Nintendo's Kids Conference at E3 today which has revealed a brand new Mega Pokémon in the form of Mega Sableye! The trailer revealing the Pokémon can be seen below:

When Sableye Mega Evolves it collects all the energy from Mega Evolving into the jewel on its chest will swell and become attached from its body, giving Mega Sableye a tough defence in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are released for the 3DS in Japan and the US on the 21st of November, while the games will be released in Europe on the 28th of November.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be interesting. I like that they kept it small in stature to not make it too drastic a change.

The gem shield is a bit odd but is kind of interesting. Hoping his defensive stats shoot up which would make sense.

I'm glad he got a Mega since his "counterpart" Mawile did but I'm not too keen on this Mega. Although I'm more for cute and cuddly, Sableye is neither of these and is actually rather creepy with is twitchy movements, I would have rather seen a Mega that extended the creep factor more.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I haven't commented here yet? :o

But yeah, I really like Mega Sableye, especially since its overall design hasn't changed much~ Just looking at it hide behind its ruby shield is kind of extremely adorable ♥

My friend said he doesn't like this design. My friend calls himself a true Pokémon fan. My friend needs some lessons on fandom.

Except you can be a member of a fandom and not like EVERY LITTLE THING. I am a huge Pokemon fan. Been one for sixteen years. There's so many things in Pokemon that I don't like. Does that make me any less of a fan than the people who started on XY? No. There are no levels of being a fan. There are no rules saying what you have to like or dislike. People who say that you have to like every part of something to be a fan are the people who don't understand that EVERYTHING has it's share of bad things. No exceptions.

According to Pokémon.com, Mega Sableye retains its Ghost/Dark typing, but gains the ability Magic Bounce
Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Website said:
Mega Sableye
When Sableye Mega Evolves, its Defense and Sp. Attack stats both get big boosts. Its Speed stat does decrease slightly, perhaps because of the weight of its huge jewel. Thanks to its Magic Bounce Ability, any moves that affect only stats or status conditions will be bounced back at its attacker.

Last edited: