• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Trailer Introduces Mega Metagross

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Today brought with it some nice Super Smash Bros. news, but not wanting to be outdone a new shiny trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire was also released. The trailer can be seen below:

The official press release that goes alongside the trailer confirms that Metagross gets a boost in every stat once Mega Evolved and gains the ability Tough Claws. It's also confirmed that Mega Metagross does indeed belong to Steven in the games.

That isn't the only thing the trailer reveals however, as Pokémon-Amie has also been confirmed to return to the games as well as a somewhat surprising twist. The trailer revealed Cosplay Pikachu which seems to be many forms of Pikachu who seem to have a connection to the Contest Hall. Players will be able to interact with Cosplay Pikachu in Pokémon-Amie. There are many forms of Cosplay Pikachu and you can take a look at them below:

Pikachu Libre
OfficialPikachuLibre_300dpi.jpg
Pikachu Pop Star
OfficialPikachuPopStar_300dpi.jpg
Pikachu Belle
OfficialPikachuBelle_300dpi.jpg
Pikachu Rock Star
OfficialPikachuRockStar_300dpi.jpg
Pikachu PH.D
OfficialPikachuPHD_300dpi.jpg

The trailer also gives us a closer look at some of the Hoenn Gym Leaders and their updated designs:
Bsg5yOcCYAEdazJ.png-large.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the cosplay Pikachu seem to correspond to contest types so maybe they're the champions of each contest and you get them if you beat them or they're just using Pikachu as an example of dressing your Pokemon up like the Pokemon Musical (but better)

Brawly is my favorite gym leader along with Flannery and I have to say they both look pretty good. I like that they enhanced the surfer look on Brawly a bit to combine his two motivations better.

Dress up pikachu seems to match the old contest types like Alexxander mentioned above so I am hoping something similar will be applicable to other pokemon. I want my Hariyama in Libre gear :D

Taking a break from schoolwork: ;_;
I while I love the idea of dressing up our Pokemon contest, I fear that we'll no longer have character customization which is a huge let down even though every other part of the game looks amazing thus far. I was never a big fan of May's character design so it's a shame we won't get to run around Hoenn wearing the type of stuff you'd find in the Cyllage City boutique nor change our hair style.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I knew Megagross was going to have Tough Claws! As for Cosplay Pikachu, I'm really hoping they're just using her as an example for the ability to cosplay. I'd like to see cosplay options for other Pokemon as well.

As Jeydis said, the Gym Leaders look amazing! I like the subtle incorporation of sandals to some characters to emphasize not just Hoenn's tropical climate but also how laid back in general people of the region are. While I love all the new designs, Watton's camo Hawaiian shirt is just all kinds of win! XD

@Carmen Lopez, we don't have evidence for or against character customization so I wouldn't rule it out just yet.

I'm not so sure about the Contest Pikachu. I wish we had like...just one more tiny bit of information on the direction they're heading with whatever incorporation they're going with.

Those are cute outfits, however I don't really care for them. Aside for my Raichu-- he could totally sport the Libre Outfit to go with his Focus Punch attack! Since they correspond to the contest types, I see their actual use being pretty limited, unless if each Pokemon got it's own set of outfits and it wasn't just 5 standard outfits you can slap on interchangeably.

While I expected contests to make an appearance, I'm feeling glum that these might just be a gimmick and something required to use. I haven't played R/S/E, but fell in love with the idea of contests, so I hope whatever this is doesn't pretty much own the content and make it so you have to use these silly outfits if you hope to win.

Also, these Pikachu have black-tipped tails- Not sure if that's any indication of a special Pikachu, or paint with the outfit. The former idea seems to be the case as it'd be silly they didn't change the tip of the tail any other way for each outfit.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I fear that we'll no longer have character customization which is a huge let down even though every other part of the game looks amazing thus far. I was never a big fan of May's character design so it's a shame we won't get to run around Hoenn wearing the type of stuff you'd find in the Cyllage City boutique nor change our hair style.
Bear in mind that except in the trailer talking about customisation specifically, the XY pre-release media never showed Calem or Serena in anything except their default outfits. I personally think ORAS will have customisation like XY had (it's not hard to port a feature that's already built and make some new outfits), but we genuinely can't guess either way from what we've seen so far.

Bear in mind that except in the trailer talking about customisation specifically, the XY pre-release media never showed Calem or Serena in anything except their default outfits. I personally think ORAS will have customisation like XY had (it's not hard to port a feature that's already built and make some new outfits), but we genuinely can't guess either way from what we've seen so far.
I certainly hope you're right. It'd be a shame if they took it out.

Yes! I like it. Hoenn's gonna be better than ever! :) I really like the more tropical designs to the Gym Leaders. Cosplay Pikachu seems interesting as well. Wow, I'm stuck on whether to have Mega Sablye or Mega Metagross on my team once I get Omega or Alpha!

I've wanted a Mega Metagross ever since Mega-Evolution was first announced. I'm so excited to use one on my team!

I'm personally not crazy about dressing up my Pokémon, but if I was going to, Pikachu seems like the right choice. I'm hoping there are more outfits though because I'm not a huge fan of the currently revealed ones.

I also really like the redesigns of the gym leaders. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the rest look.

TRNRxKou

Formerly KouOkami
Really liking all the updated looks of the gym leaders and other important NPCs~ I think Brawley's update is the best, though Roxanne and Flannery are really cute and Norman's just being cool. Also Watson is Watson. Gotta love him too ♥
yeeees Flan is so friggen adoarable in the updates *-*

Today brought with it some nice Super Smash Bros. news, but not wanting to be outdone a new shiny trailer for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire was also released. The trailer can be seen below:

The official press release that goes alongside the trailer confirms that Metagross gets a boost in every stat once Mega Evolved and gains the ability Tough Claws. It's also confirmed that Mega Metagross does indeed belong to Steven in the games.

That isn't the only thing the trailer reveals however, as Pokémon-Amie has also been confirmed to return to the games as well as a somewhat surprising twist. The trailer revealed Cosplay Pikachu which seems to be many forms of Pikachu who seem to have a connection to the Contest Hall. Players will be able to interact with Cosplay Pikachu in Pokémon-Amie. There are many forms of Cosplay Pikachu and you can take a look at them below:

Pikachu Libre
Pikachu Pop Star
Pikachu Belle
Pikachu Rock Star
Pikachu PH.D

The trailer also gives us a closer look at some of the Hoenn Gym Leaders and their updated designs:

Pikachu PH.D looks like Miss.Library from Misao lol coincidence?

*Inhale* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! SUCH AWESOMENESS!

First off, the new gym leader designs look AMAZING! I love Roxanne's new design. But, she looks a bit younger somehow....I'm not quite sure.

And I'm just overly excited to see the secret bases in the new graphics! I'll have every plush ever and just snuggle them to death! *^*

Finally, the cosplay Pikachu......sign me up for the Belle. THERE'S A SAPPHIRE ON IT! I will so abuse this game for it's awesomeness. I'll probably run out of breath screaming at the thing when I get my hands on it in November.

I don't really get the purpose of the "Cosplay Pikachu", except contests(but they could put a bit more Pokemon with different styles),I think GF is just finding a new way to promote it.. When will they grow up? When Ash turns 11?!
Aside from it, I really like Roxanne in the remakes, and Flannery's cool too! Omg, Norman! Haha, dad is stylish now!

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
love the idea but look at ALL of the Pikachu's tails... does this mean "cosplay Pikachu" can only be a girl?! T^T
Weirdly enough, it's stranger than that - although THOSE cosplay Pikachu have the dents in their tails, they also have a black heart on the end... something no normal Pikachu have ever had. So, the plot thickens...