• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Announced

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Coro Coro announced recently that a new Mystery Dungeon game, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky, will be released in Japan in the Spring (no news as to what the US and European dates might be yet, of course). It's a direct sequel to Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness, as far as I can tell, as it features a brand new storyline involving Grovyle the Thief, as well as some new guild-based episodes.

To sweeten the deal, the game also has (at least) five new starters: Riolu, Eevee, Phanpy, Vulpix and Shinx. We'll keep you updated with any further news as it comes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I read about this yesterday and I must say the new starters are what appeals to me the most so far. I'd love to play as Vulpix or Riolu. I know we probably have a while to wait, but I'm looking forward to it, having rather enjoyed Explorers of time.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Filb.de can has Coro Coro scans as usual =)

http://www.filb.de/kaihou/content/20090113_corocoro_scan01.jpg

At times like this I wish more then ever that you could evolve before finishing the main story. Riolu is awesome (I love that they made it a potential starter choice), but is really not that great move pool-wise. Having earlier access to Lucario would be a nice thing.

Might be a wait, but once this is out in NA, I'm getting it for sure. I quite enjoyed PMD: Explorers of Time :)

Interesting, might make up for me missing out on the time/darkness one. I pretty much still know what happens in that one, so this one shouldn't have many new surprises for me. The fact that Riolu is a starter half relieves the misery of Machop being removed after the first one, that was what got me into the humanoid pokemon in the first place. :(

What I saw so far in the pictures and starter list is that Meowth and Munchlax lovers aren't going to be too happy about this. And it looks like this is a continuation of the second one, as it features Grovyle, Dusknoir, and a special Saybleye appearence. Along with the story of the guild founding (It makes perfect sense that Wigglytuff kept her playfulness from her pre-state in Igglybuff, but what was with the Armadalo?)

Yep, definitely looking forward to it! I'm wondering exactly how different it will be storyline wise. I don't want them to completely re-do it, but I do want them to change it so I don't feel like I'm going through the same game as EoT. Guess I'll have to wait either for more information, or until we get the game here in the US...