• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokémon Discovered - Salandit

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Salandit pokemon.jpg
A brand new Pokémon has been revealed worldwide thanks to a new trailer on the official Pokémon YouTube channel. The trailer can be seen below and the new creature is known as Salandit in English:

Salandit is a Toxic Lizard Pokémon and is a [type=poison][/type]/[type=fire][/type] type with the new ability Corrosion. Thanks to this new ability, Salandit is able to poison any type of Pokémon including those who would normally resist it like [type=steel][/type] and [type=poison][/type] types.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I like this thing! [type]Fire[/type]/[type]Poison[/type] is definitely an interesting typing, and Salandit is the first Pokémon to have it. It looks like the type chart for it will look something like:

Weak to: [type]Ground[/type] (x4 damage), [type]Water[/type], [type]Psychic[/type], [type]Rock[/type]
Resists: [type]Grass[/type] (1/4 damage), [type]Bug[/type] (1/4 damage), [type]Fairy[/type] (1/4 damage), [type]Fire[/type], [type]Ice[/type], [type]Fighting[/type], [type]Poison[/type], [type]Steel[/type]

So, defensively it's pretty awesome. No immunities, but lots of nice resistances.

It looks awesome.
But I already am gonna use a Magby on my time through trading this time...
I think Hau might use one if you choose Rowlet, since it has two type advantages.
Who am I kidding, it's basically confirmed.

I like this thing! [type]Fire[/type]/[type]Poison[/type] is definitely an interesting typing, and Salandit is the first Pokémon to have it. It looks like the type chart for it will look something like:

Weak to: [type]Ground[/type] (x4 damage), [type]Water[/type], [type]Psychic[/type], [type]Rock[/type]
Resists: [type]Grass[/type] (1/4 damage), [type]Bug[/type] (1/4 damage), [type]Fairy[/type] (1/4 damage), [type]Fire[/type], [type]Ice[/type], [type]Fighting[/type], [type]Poison[/type], [type]Steel[/type]

So, defensively it's pretty awesome. No immunities, but lots of nice resistances.
Plus to get rid of that 4x Ground weakness you can slap an Air Balloon on to that bad boy

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Fire/Poison makes its debut finally, and in the form of another smug reptile.

I very much approve.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I think Hau might use one if you choose Rowlet, since it has two type advantages.
Who am I kidding, it's basically confirmed.

I wouldn't say it's basically confirmed. Hau is your rival after all so if you start with Rowlet he's picking Litten which fills the Fire-type role. Now if you choose Litten or Popplio then yeah, I could see him using Salandit but there's no guarantee just yet.

I can say with 99.9% confidence that I will be using Salandit though. It's the first Poison/Fire-type and Corrosion is the most trollish ability since Prankster. Plus it has a really nice design. I won't have my full team finalized until I actually start playing the game but this little devil lizard is a worthy candidate even if I have to keep it the hell away from Ground-types. But that's what Popplio is for anyway.

Corrosion is so interesting. If Salandit evolves into something useful or has nice stats itself, I can't wait to see what happens to the metagame. Can't just throw your poison or steel types in to absorb a Toxic

Off topic, but I kinda wish they'd recon Acid into something similar to Freeze Dry. It'll hit Steel types for Super Effective damage since in real life acid eats Steel.

My team thus far:

Litten (Fire/Poison - my speculation)
Salandit (Fire/Poison)
Lunaala (Psychic/Ghost)
Vikavolt (Electric/Bug)

I wouldn't say it's basically confirmed. Hau is your rival after all so if you start with Rowlet he's picking Litten which fills the Fire-type role. Now if you choose Litten or Popplio then yeah, I could see him using Salandit but there's no guarantee just yet.

I can say with 99.9% confidence that I will be using Salandit though. It's the first Poison/Fire-type and Corrosion is the most trollish ability since Prankster. Plus it has a really nice design. I won't have my full team finalized until I actually start playing the game but this little devil lizard is a worthy candidate even if I have to keep it the hell away from Ground-types. But that's what Popplio is for anyway.
Slap on an Air Ballon and you should be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for a possible moveset for our little friend (speculation):

Item: Air Balloon/Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
252 Speed. 252 Special Attack. 4 Atk.
• Venoshock (it's finally useful)/Sludge Bomb
• Toxic Spikes/Toxic
• Fire Blast/Flamethrower
• Dragon Tail(?)

Last edited:
As for a possible moveset for our little friend (speculation):

Item: Air Balloon/Focus Sash
Ability: Corrosion
252 Speed. 252 Special Attack. 4 Atk.
• Venoshock (it's finally useful)
• Toxic Spikes/Toxic
• Fire Blast/Flamethrower
• Dragon Tail(?)
i really like your opion so here my opinon about saladint

item air balloons

ability corrosion

moves
flamethower
toxic
poison fang
fire fang

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's not often that I see a brand new Pokemon and immediately love it, but this critter steals that title (as did Rowlet, mind, but sssh). Like others have said, the the original typing is great to see and that ability sounds amazing. If Salandit ended up being a version exclusive I'd likely choose my first play through based on whichever game its in!

Just crossing my fingers that whatever it evolves into, assuming it does, is just as nifty a design. :3

No, Hau has the starter you're good against.
So if you pick Popplio, he'll have Litten.
But if you choose Litten, he'll have Rowlet.
If you choose Rowlet, he'll have Popplio.
I'm assuming that Lillie will have the starter good against you later on.
Also, my theory is that Hau might have a different secondary Pokemon that is good against your starter in your 2nd battle, since he has a Pichu when you chose Popplio.
Maybe it's Salandit for Rowlet, and another new Pokemon for Litten.

This thing is gonna be on my dream team. I hope it evolves into something good.
The Poison/Fire type is not the best adding more weaknesses. Also that ability would be good in competitive battling and stalling.