• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open New Morning Ranch

Vanilla was attacked by what seemed to be hunters that go after pokemon. They decided to use fighting types, which is why Vanilla has the huge gash on her head. After that, she blacked out and woke up on the side of the road next to what seems to be a ranch. She stumbled into the entrance gate, but fell over and blacked out again.

Maple noticed the tear eyed steel type and scooped him into her arms along side the egg. She nuzzled the small Pokemon trying to calm him down as she scanned the area again. There were shouts and yells as people raced over to an injured Pokemon that had just appeared and passed out. She placed Ace back down, and Maple made her wave over to another Pokemon rancher. They talked for a bit about what was happening before a medic ran by carrying the injured Pokemon into the main building.

Last edited:
Ace felt a little frightened, as he curled in his shell. He felt a soft grip on his shell, as he saw that Maple was carrying him. He smiled at her, as he tried to hide his true emotions. He thought to himself, "Wow, so many are hurt here... something's gotta be up."

Lyle raised her head weakly at the commotion of a newly injured Pokémon somewhere out of her view. It was much too heavy for her taut neck to uphold, but it shared the same look of concern her carrier did. She dropped her chin back onto the cool glass of her box, awaiting a further development.

Maple talked to the other caretaker before Minty came back and waved her over. She smiled softly before putting Ace down in a safe place, "I'll be back soon little one. I have to go check on something".

Maple gave the egg she was carrying over to the care taker she was talking to and followed her trainer over to the quarantine hall. The two stepped into the building and got ready to administer the medicine needed. Maple followed minty as she slid food through the slots, smiling to the sick or overly aggressive Pokemon. Minty stopped at the final enclosure, and placed the food into the slide. Minty frowned as she watched the other Pokemon, the human grew frustrated and marched away. Maple stood there though, she smiled softly to the other Pokemon, she waved before Minty called for her and Maple strode off.

Last edited:
Ace dozed off, as he had his head tucked in. He prepared to use Metal Sound if someone tried to hurt him, as he took a deep breath. He snored quietly, as he stayed curled in his shell.

Maple cleaned herself before she entered the populace of others. She took her egg back from the other caretaker and found her way over to some of her charges. She rested her back against one of the walls that supported in of the many sheds. She pulled the little aron in her care so that her rested in her lap as she over looked the poochyena that still hobbled around chasing a ball.

Laxra couched down to try and attack to ball again, but her instinct kicked in as she used bite on the ball. The ball broke at the puncture of her sharp fangs. Laxra stared at the ball with her tail wagging and just then she notced her "care taker". "Look what i did" laxra said happly showing her the torn up ball.

Lyle watched the Pokémon from the confines of her cube, staring longingly at the outside world. Most of the volunteers who cared for her were almost always painstakingly somber and showed a great deal of pity when handling her and many of her fellowmen had many encouraging words, though they didn't have much of an effect on the infected Breloom nowadays. She was grateful, but also rather sick of being sick.

Maple smiled at the pup and laughed when she was shown the ball. She moved so that she could hold the egg and aron better and look at the poochyena play, "very nice. You'll make a great hunter some day if you keep doing that. Maybe you'll even lead your own pack".

Ace was still asleep, as he continued to quietly snore. His shell felt smoother now as he was calm. He thought to himself as he slept, "W- what is this feeling?" He felt a sharp burning sensation in his back, as he heard a slight ringing noise.

Maple hummed as she gave the aron she was holding a small kiss to his shell. Feeling that the Pokemon was heating up, she started to panic and carefully placed the egg and aron down. The lopunny rushed to get a medic, bucket of water and cloth for the small steel type. She placed the soaked cloth on Ace, the lopunny going into a panicked state over the smaller Pokemon, "it's okey, little one. Everything is ok".

Last edited:
Laxra looked at the aron and the lopunny with a head tilt. She did not know what was going on. "Whats going on?" She asked curiously. Laxra limped forward to the aron and sniffed the pokemon.

Ace woke up, as he rubbed his eyes and saw an egg next to him. He looked at the egg, as he tapped the hard shell. He felt a sharp burn on his shell, as he quickly curled back up in an attempt to nullify the pain. He took in some deep breaths, as his vision was starting to become fuzzy. He sat with the egg still, as he thought to himself, "Oh no... this is like what happened at the Poké Center a while back."

"Shhh. It's ok. Your going to be ok," Maple whispered as she tried to cool Ace down. A human medic came rushing over and took the steel type into the main hall, minty passing the medic in order to stop the lopunny from chasing after him, "take your other charges. Get them to the nesting grounds. I'll make sure the aron gets to you after he's been helped. Now go".

"Minty please. He might be hurt or in pain," Maple pleaded but her cries fell on deaf ears. The human not being able to understand Pokemon, the lopunny slouched as she watched the human take her charge away, "it's going to be okey. Okey".

Last edited:
Ace quickly charged a link attack, as he thought to himself, "If they're gonna try to hurt me, I think it might be time to stand up." He was a little anxious, as he clenched his arms together and was about to use Metal Sound on the humans and Protect on himself at the same time.

Maple sat with the egg but quickly stood up when she heard some yells from the main building. The normal type took off running, ignoring other caretakers as she weaves around them to the yells, the egg still in her arms as she gracefully leapt and bound to her destination. She saw the medics with Ace and pressed on passing the egg off carefully to someone else and taking the tiny Pokemon in her arms and curling into a ball. The normal type bracing herself by using defense curl over and over so that she could protect the baby Pokemon she held and the others around her, "shh shh, it's okay. Your safe, nothing's going to hurt you".

Last edited:
Laxra, who was ignorant to everthing that was happaning, startes to explore the grounds. Soon she was lost and tired as she curled up in a ball under a tree and fell asleep.

(sorry, I had to leave. Also, it seems vanilla has been forgotten.)

When vanilla woke up, she was being carried into a building. "Leave me alone!" she yelled, and tried to use bite on the person carrying her. The bite wasted most of her energy, so she decided to watch.

(I did forget about her, sorry)
Maple held onto the aron as she slowly stood up. Her trainer rushing over to help another medic with a eevee that was biting at it. The lopunny still held the steel type close to her, as she surveyed the area for threats. Her heart beating quickly as she tried to calm the Pokemon on her arms down. One of the care takers handed her a basket with the egg inside for easier movement. The lopunny's trainer moving over to take the eevee inside, "Maple take your charges to the nesting grounds".

(it's ok. also, I hope I'm not going overboard with vanilla.)

Vanilla finally had enough with humans. She spun around and kicked the medic in the face, jumped down, and tried to run for the door. She managed to make it outside before her energy was drained. She fell over and yelped due to the pain she has caused herself. The last thing she remembered was the world going black.

(I don't see a problem with it)
Maple saw the eevee and tried to make her way over to check on it but jumped back when Minty and the other medics burst out of the building. The lopunny's trainer upset and looking ready to attack someone, "stop running"!

The humans stopped when they saw the blacked out Pokemon and brought her into the building again where they quickly bandaged the eevee up. Minty took Vanilla back to where Pokemon stood very confused and pushed the fluffy Pokemon into her arms making the lopunny think quickly or risk dropping one of the others it carried, " gather your charges and go to the nesting grounds".

Ace kept his head tucked in, as he saw some trainers that looked upset. He looked like he wanted to run, as he thought to himself, "Oh my... these people aren't too happy, maybe it's best to just run."

He clenched his arms together, as he was ready to use his link attack. He curled up in his shell to look like a rock, as he hoped it would at least buy him some time.

( this is my last post for today. I might do one more.)

Vanilla woke up as they were putting the bandages on her. She decided they were friendly and cooperated with them. She saw a lopunny. "I'm sorry, i thought they were with the hunters." She ended up falling asleep due to all the events that have happened to her.

Maple looked smiled at the eevee asleep in her arms before seeing Ace curl into a ball. The lopunny giggled softly before picking the steel type and walked to find Laxra. The normal type pokemon walked slowly as she carried most of her charges, "now where is that poochyena".

Laxra yawned and stretched. She shook her body after her nap. Laxra looked around for anyone she knew but saw no one. 'Oh well' she though as she begain to sniff around looking at the new place.

Ace dozed off, as his shell became a little softer and smoother. He snored quietly, as the spike on his shell wiggled since he was nervous. He tucked his head in his shell, as he curled up his arms and legs to give the illusion of a rock.

Maple wandered asking for directions from people that said they saw the small poochyena. She slowly tracked her charge and sped up as the poochyena was heading toward the wild lands where wild Pokemon stayed for however log they liked. She sped up making sure not to wake the Pokemon she was carrying.

After about an hour of sleep, Vanilla woke up and noticed that she was being carried by a lopunny. "excuse me," she asked, "where are you taking us?" She looked around and saw a rock next to her. She poked it, "also, why is there a rock?"

"That rock is another one of my charges. And we are looking for a poochyena that's also under my care," maple smiled as she looked down at the eevee in her arms. The lopunny continued forward, striding as she tried to catch up with the dark type that seemed to be heading further into the wild lands, "then we'll be going to the nesting grounds where we can rest and play".

Ace continued to stay curled up, as he still slept. The spike on his shell wiggled still, though it was very soft like his shell. His arms moved a little, as he continued to snore quietly. He thought to himself, "I'm ready in case if someone tries to hurt me... I'll let out my metal sound."

Vanilla looked around the ranch and saw lots of pokemon. "I can help get the poochyena," she said. She jumped down, and used quick attack to catch up the the poochyena, then stood in its way. "The lopunny needs you," Vanilla said the the poochyena. Vanilla was shocked that she hasn't blacked out yet, which was also a good thing.

"Wai-," Maple called but the command stopped as the eevee zoomed away. The lopunny increased her traveling speed as she started to spot Pokemon that may see the them as prey start to take notice. The normal type's ears flowing behind her as she tried to catch up with them.

Ace was still curled up in his shell, as he was scared of all the new Pokémon in the area. He cried quietly, as he hoped that Maple wouldn't notice. He was frightened, as he thought to himself, "These guys are gonna kill me..." He further charged up his link attack, as his shell glew dimly and got slightly warmer.

Maple saw the aron shake and placed her now free arm over top of him, covering him from view. The lopunny forcing her heart rate to slow so that the baby Pokemon wouldn't panic to much. Her eyes flickering around as she followed her charge, picking up speed as she saw a noctowl start to get closer to where the eevee went, "it's okey, little one".

(is Leaftag still rping with us?)

Vanilla got tired of waiting, so she started heading back to Maple. Vanilla heard screeching and saw a noctowl coming for her. She turned and used swift to stall the noctowl. Vanilla quickly turned and ran into the trees, and accidentally fell into a hole. She looked around but couldn't see a thing except that she was stuck now. "Help!" she yelled out to anyone who can hear her. She heard a faint voice coming closer from deeper in the tunnel.
Vanilla started digging her way out of the tunnel while trying to keep dirt out of her bandage. As she was digging, something grabbed her and started pulling her further into the tunnel. "Help!" she started screaming.

(She said she was)
Maple heard the yell and ran toward where the sound came from. The lopunny leapt down with a practiced grace as she delivered a sharp jump kick to the offending creature's head, "stay away from my charge".

The normal type placed the egg and Ace down beside Vanilla as she stood between them glaring fiercely as she waited for the other Pokemon to attack again.