• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open New Morning Ranch

New Morning Ranch situated somewhere in the Sinnoh region has been a safe haven for abandoned, hurt, and orphaned pokemon. A very large ranch, designed to acomidate all types of Pokemon and is own by an aging couple by the name of Mr and Mrs Gardener. Many people work at the ranch as Rangers, medics, and breeders. The ranch was built to help rehabilitate Pokemon so that someday they may go back into the wild. Until then all occupants of New Morning Ranch are treated with the utmost care.
---------------
Name: Maple
Age (70 a or below): 22
Level(up to 50): 23
Race: Lopunny
Clothing: big white and red ribbon tied around her waist
Reason for being at the ranch: egg/baby Pokemon care taker
Trainer (if you have one):Minty(medic)
Items: none
---
Maple twirled around her trainer as they walked toward the main building. Minty carrying a box of new supplies for the ranch, busy as always as she watched her Pokemon spin and dance. The tails on the lopunny's bow curving around her as she bounced around, "come on trainer there are new arivals coming soon"!

"We can play later, Maple I'm busy," Minty huffed before striding into the large wooden building, leaving her brown Pokemon outside. Maple shrugged before skipping over to the entrance but where all new arrivals were introduced, " I wonder who we have today".

Is this ok??
Name: Navi
Level: 33
Race: Sylveon
Clothing: blue and pink bow on ear and tail
Reason for being at the ranch: visiting/ looking around
Trainer: saii

(Yep)
Maple stepped over to the entrance arch and started waving to the visitors that entered. She smiled when some trainers started let their Pokemon to show them the grounds. She caught sight of a Sylveon and waved happily as she moved around, prancing about the place as she talked to other pokemon.

Saii waves back and lets Sylveon explore the place as saii walks towards Maple. Saii says to Maple that this was a beautiful place to be for trainers and their Pokemon. Right little one ?? Where's your trainer??

Last edited:
Name: jexra
Level: 18
Race: poochyena
Clothing: none
Reson for being at the rach: large bite mark at leg and gash on body
Trainer: none
Item: none
-----------------------
Jexra huddeled in the corrner of the carrier scared. 'Please dont hurt me' she thought as the van stoped. Jexra heard some trainer talking out side as she wined in her cage. She licked her wound making sure it not bleeding again as a pain stabed her body.

Maple looked at Navi and then back at her owner. She pointed toward the main building when she was asked about her trailer and went rigid when she heard the whimper from Jexra's carrier. Striding over to where it was she crouched down to look inside, "are you okey? What's wrong? Whet happened"?

Jexra huddled back in her carrier scared out of her mind. She tryed to hide her wound and did a weak bark to try and scare them. 'Who am i kidding?' She thought and she stared at the two pokemon.

Saii said "Don't worry we'll help you"
"C'mon show us"
Navi tried to go to Jexra and comfort her. Saii said "Navi get back here you might hurt her more"

"Little one," Maple whispered as she picked up the carrier and move softly toward the main build I got where she took Jexra into the infirmary. Minty sat at her desk looking over papers but looked at Maple when she entered and put the crate on the operating counter. The Lopunny glared at her trainer before viciously motioning to the carrying devise that she had just carried in, "don't worry little one. Minty is going to patch you right up and you'll be good as new".

Jaxra groweled at the sylveon as it started closer to her. Jaxra internally sighed with relief as her trainer called her back. She relaxed a bit as the pokemon, navi walked back. Jexra then began to freak out as the carrior begain to move again.

Minty opened the carrier door and placed a bowl of pokefood in front of it. She stood back a little and nodded to her partner pokemon. Maple beamed brightly and bounced over to the cabinets were she pulled some pecha berries out and added it to the top of the food along with some oran berries, "we aren't going to hurt you little one. We want help".

"Yeah she seems a little scared" "I'm happy minty can heal her" "me and my trainer are looking for a job because we want one she is also looking for a new Pokemons to catch and no she is not gonna replace me ... Atleast not that I know of" navi said to maple as she eats the pecha berry..." But I'm really happy that the little one is gonna be ok ! She is so cute!!!"

Jaxra looked at the food longling. She could never remember the last time she had seen so much food. 'A nibble would not hurt' she thought as she started to limp over to the food. Jaxra started to eat the food. 'This is so good' she thought as she dug into the food not noticing the other pokemon.

Navi looked at jaxra. She wondered if jaxra wanted to be friends with her. Then she thought to herself .. "Imma go ask" navi walked slowly twords jaxra . She thought "I hope she wants to be friends..."

"Hi. What's your name? Mine's Maple. We going to help take care of you so don't worry," Maple smiled softly as she looked at the smaller pokemon, her smile fading when she saw the wounds. The oran berries only doing so much as Minty pulled out a potion and bandages from one of the cabinets, "well if your trainer is looking to catch Pokemon then try leading her to the breeders, other than that people arnt allowed to catch Pokemon on the ranch because they may be recovering".

Jaxra looked up from the food at the voice. She backed up a bit from the approaching pokemon. "My name is jaxra" jaxra said quietly. Wincing as a jab of pain once again fell from her large scrach on her body.

"Please don't be scared. We didn't mean to spook you," maple tried to soothe, her hands pressed against the bottom of her chin in worry. Minty carefully sprayed the potion onto Jexra's wounds and went to try and bandage it as her Pokemon fretted quietly, "don't move. Minty is going to make sure the wounds don't get infected".

(Yea i cant stay on to long but i will be on tomarro ^-^)
Jaxra backed up from the trainer. She tryed to make a dash back to the carrier but with her leg she did not make it far. She howeled in pain as she fell on her bellie.

(Yeah, I will)
Maple gasped and Minty rushed to the pokemon's side, quickly making sure she didn't hurt herself anymore. Bandaging the wounds and placing down a pokepuffs before backing away.

Jaxra shook her head googly and lifted her head and looked at what the trainer put on her. 'What is this' she thought as she sniffed the white thing on her. 'Is it like a leaf wrap?' Jaxra thought and she limped in a circle looking at the "bandage".

"It keeps infection out," Maple pointed out as she pushed the pokepuff toward the othe Pokemon, trying not to spook her. The Lopunny smiled gently at the poochyena's curiosity, "your at New Morning Ranch. A place for injured, abandoned, or orphaned Pokemon to grow and heal".

Laxra looked back at the lopunny. "Is my sister here then?" She asked her with a head tilt with all skyness destroyed. When laxra had been attacked her sister, Celeste, had tryed to protect her. Laxra had only see this happen before she blacked out and came to in a carrier.

"I'm not sure little but we can go look for her when Minty gives us the okey," Maple promised as she looked to her trainer that sat in the corner now finishing paperwork. The Lopunny smiled and pick up the canine carefully, "I think it would be best for you leg if I carry you".

(This is my last post for the night fyi)
Laxra flinched as the lopunny picked her up. "I can walk by myself" she said trying to get out of the pokemon grasp but with a yelp of pain. Laxra gave up and went limp leting the pokemon carry her.

(Okey)
Maple smiled and adjusted her hold so that Lexra was more confortable. She walked the two over to where the crates were being opened and pokemon let out. The lopunny interacted with a few longer staying Pokemon but kept moving before looking around, "do you see her anywhere".

Name: Ace
Level: 8
Race: Aron
Clothing: Has a green scarf around his neck
Reason for being at the ranch: Severe anemia, unable to eat pure iron normally (This might be good or bad depending how you see it)
Trainer: N/A
Items: Iron Vitamin (Carries it for treating his iron deficiency)

Ace had woken up, as he saw that he was in a crate. He saw that someone was letting the Pokémon out, as he barely walked over weakly.

He walked outside of the box as he thought to himself, "Where am I? Why am I here, and how long will I be here for..."

Maple looked around trying to spot Laxra's sister before seeing a small aron wander out of its crate. The normal type placed Laxra on a elevated platform used for small fine pokemon to climb on, "I'm going to check on few other Pokemon. I'll be back, Laxra".

"Hello, are you ok," Maple asked as she crouched down in front of the baby steel type. She offered her hand to the tiny pokemon and smiled gently. She noticed how weak the small Pokemon was and hummed in worry, "it's ok, little one. Your in a safe place".

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Name: Molly
Age (70 a or below): 24
Level(up to 50): 30
Race: Miltank
Clothing: a piece of cloth
Reason for being at the ranch: Injured against a bunch of pokemon. Also had an egg.
Trainer (if you have one): a solaceon town rancher

Name: Bibs
Age (70 a or below): 20
Level(up to 50): 25
Race: Bibarel
Clothing: a piece of cloth
Reason for being at the ranch: developed a life threatening and rare disease and was abandoned
Trainer (if you have one): A Solaceon Town rancher
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Molly pushed open the crate she was in. "What is this place?" She saw another larger crate and saw a Bibarel come out. They winked at each other.

Laxra stumbed about on the platform to trying to see if her sister was here. Sandly laxra could not find celeste. Laxra wined untile another idea came into her head. 'So that means celeste is alright them' she thought as she wagged her tail. Laxra look for the luponny to tell it her idea. When she finally saw her she was with a weak aron. Laxra carfuly climed off the platform and stumbled over to join the pair.

Ace looked up at Maple, as he crawled to her. He looked around the area, as he took out his bottle from his shell.

The bottle contained iron supplements, as he attempted to open it with his tiny arms. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to grasp the fact that the lid was babyproofed.

When laxra finally reached the pair she saw that the aron was trying to open a bottle. She giggled at the arons ignorance but that quickly faded away as she started to limp/chase a nearby ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maple smiled softly as she gently took the bottle from Ace and opened it. She took out the correct amount and gave it to the small Pokemon and put the lid back on. Placing the bottle beside the iron type she giggle softly as she watched Laxra chase after one of the balls put out for the younger Pokemon to play with.

Ace smiled at Maple, as he chewed on the tablets. He saw Laxra chasing a ball, as he sat down next to Maple. He tried to talk, but incomprehensible babbling came out of his mouth. He tapped on his shell, as it felt a little smoother.

Name: Lyle
Age (70 a or below): 63
Level (up to 50): 42
Race: Breloom
Clothing: N/A, sometimes has a blanket over her shoulders
Reason for being at the ranch: Lyle was afflicted by a fungal disease that causes excessive mushroom growth all over her body. These mushrooms sap her body's nutrition and she may inevitably perish because of these. She is in quarantine, as this disease is highly infectious.
Trainer (if you have one): Her old trainer entrusted her and her Pokéball to the ranch.

Lyle lay with her tail curled around her, hands curled around a mug of sickly sweet nectar. She was afraid of spilling the pale liquid over her front had she attempted to lift it, and so she always lowered herself to feed. Her room was a cube of glass, strewn with pillows and the sterile smell of linoleum. Lyle heaved a great breath, the parasites that shared her body heaving with her.

Last edited:
Maple knelt down and softly rubbed the aron's head as she continued to watch over the new pokemon. Minty walked by carrying another box toward the quarantine hall. Her trainer wearing a fresh lab coats and sterile gloves as she held the box away from her. The label saying 'Experidental Medicine. Warning: Dangerous for humans' in big black bold letters.

Ace smiled at Maple, as he started to build trust with her. He sat next to her still, as he looked around and saw some trainers at the Ranch also. He thought to himself, "Huh, so even these big guys are here..."

Maple stood up when there was a loud bell and walked over toward a message board that a human had just finished posting lists on. Eyes zooming across the page she found her name and looked to see if there were any baby Pokemon or eggs under her care. Smiling when she saw that she had been given charge over Ace and Laxra with one other egg, she strode back to the aron. The lopunny carefully picked up the egg she was caring for and went to her charges, "okey little ones. I've been placed as your care taker. I have others under my care so I'm need to move you both to the nesting area".

Last edited:
Ace looked around, as he hoped that his caretaker wouldn't be mean. He tucked his head in, as he heard her mention something about the nestling area. He thought to himself, "Nestling area... so what's that, I'm guessing it's where I go?"

He curled up next to Maple, as he was nervous. He looked around and saw a lot of humans and Pokémon in the area, as he looked teary eyed.

Last edited: