• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Land, Old Pride

(I apologize if this is not up to par with the community standards, this will officially be my first post here. In this RP I will be playing the role of the main character I've created for myself on this site. This is an open RP, but make sure you're arrival makes sense in relation to the direction and location of the RP.)
[A little bit of information on my character]: Zeralus is a formidable psychic born to a fairly wealthy family from the Hoenn region. She was unfortunately born blind, an obvious trait that could be told from a single glance at her eyes. Amazingly, her psychic abilities allow her to share sight through the eyes of some of her Pokemon. After discovering this ability and proving it to her parents they agreed to allow her to purse a career as a Pokemon trainer. So far her journey has taken her through her home region and Shinnoh. Now, at age 17, she begins a new journey through Kalos.
After saying her goodbyes, Zeralus steps off her parent's yacht, her trustworthy Dusknoir to the left of her and her Haunter at her right as she steps foot on the docks of this foreign land, the Kalos region. As Zeralus walks down the docks towards Coumarine City, she looks curiously in every direction, her ghost companions mimicking her every head motion as if they were one mind. Her long, black hair and tails of her trench coat drifted behind her, carried by soft winds as she walked.

When she finally reaches the city she reaches into one of the side pockets of her duffle bag to pull out a black mask that she puts on to hide the lost look on her face. It was void of facial features, not even eye holes, only elegant, golden engravings and patterns to match the rest of her apparel perfectly, black with golden trimming. She often uses the mask to hide her face in battles so her emotions weren't obvious, but every now and then she uses it to hide that she's overwhelmed.

She needed help getting around this place, but she was too proud of a trainer to admit that in front of her Pokemon. She stands there frozen, fidgeting with her gloved pointer fingers as her two ghost companions look around awkwardly for her. "It's so different..." she mutters to herself.

The city bustled, her ears bursting with the familiar ring of moving bodies. Littered streets pumped like veins, the buildings their organs. Soft notes hummed between her lips as Alice walked down the sidewalk of Coumarine, a white duffel bag thrown over her shoulder. Her red, ninetail like eyes were dimmed by the cap of her white baseball hat, a black leather varsity worn over her crop top. A loose lock of short platinum hair cut above her shoulders, slipped free from under her hat. Blowing a bubble of gum between her lips, her gaze flickered down at the whimper of her small companion.
"Sorry love, lunch is going to have to wait." She said with a soft, apologetic voice. Alice sighed and despaired at the emptiness of her own stomach as well as her wallet.
In the pocket of her white cargo pants, her Minccino sat comfortably, looking up at his trainer with defeat. Cuddling its own soft tail, it's brown eyes widened in shock at a masked stranger down the street.
"What is it, Uriel?" Alice asked, noticing her companions concern as he tugged at her pants. Pointing with its soft gray paws, Alice noticed a shady figure behind the masked lady. It looked as if he were tailing her, his hand reaching for her bag.

"Excuse me!" Alice called, diverting the masked strangers attention to the man reaching for her bag. Shooting the man a heated glare, Alice shook her head as he fled.
"Big cities like this are bound to have those kinds of people, don't you think?" She said, her narrowed eyes softening, yet guarded by the masked stranger. It was a little unnerving, the socketless mask. How were they supposed to see, she wondered.

Nero was walking around Coumarine city and board out of his mind. He had his hands in his black jeans pockets woundering how to pass the time, when he saw a girl in a trench coat put on a mask "somethings up with her" he thought to himself "might be an easy target though" so he decided to catch up to her and follow her for awhile. He started to reach forward towards the masked woman when sombody called him out and his first instinct was to run for it.

He stopped running away and turned back towards the people "Those kinds of people!, what does that imply?" Nero said walking back, shooting a glare back at Alice with beaming red eyes "its not like i was going to do anything," he said calming himself down thinking of something to say while his black trench coat with purple trimmings was blowing in the wind. "i was simply trying to get her attention so i may compliment her on her amazing coat" he said smiling and flicking his long platinum hair out of his face "and you have pretty fine hair" he said looking at Alice with a kind expression.

Xerione snuck through the streets of the town, her bare feet lightly touching the pavement. Her pokemon, a Pumpkaboo, a Fenniken, an Eevee, and a Litleo followed her, sneaking through the shadows. She peeked out from a corner, looking around for her objective. There it was, a large sack of Pokedollars resting on a vendor's stand.

"Feniken, Eevee, you two make a distraction. Litleo, you keep watch. Pumpkaboo and I will take the prize." Xerione whispered. Her pokemon nodded. Fenniken and Eevee ran out, making a large commotion by fighting eachother. The vendor and most of the customers went over to inspect. Litleo scampered to the centre of the crowd. Pumpkaboo and Xerione sprinted over to the cart. She snatched the bag, running back into the dark alleyway.

Xerione lay down on her "bed", which was truly a pile of newspapers in a alleyway. She smiled. "Good, this will be enough to get some actual food for this week. No trash!" Her Pokemon cheered.

Zeralus and her two companions are caught completely off guard by the sudden commotion taking place around her. Both Dusknoir and Haunter spend moments glancing between the two individuals before Dusknoir sets it's sight on the male, and Haunter the female. Without moving her head to even pretend to glance at either of them she speaks, "there are better ways to get a blind girl's attention... Studies show we have fairly adamant ears, sir." she says in a fairly polite tone given the situation. "For his sake I would hope his goal was not to steal my bag... He'd surely be devoured within moments of releasing my Feraligatr or Seviper... They seem to like biting." She states in an overly proud tone while adjusting the strap on her bag, tightening it. She would begin to speak, until her companions turn their glare to the spectacle of two Pokemon fighting. "My, this town is full of lunacy... Intriguing." She snickers to herself. "What are these Pokemon anyways?" She asks while gesturing to the polite woman's small companion.

"Oh, those? The one on the left is Fenniken, and the one on the right is Eevee." Xerione exclaimed. "I'm Xerione, world renound street rat." She greeted. "I'm around 12." She tossed her long, blonde hair out of her face. "You?"

"Okay then if thats how it is" he says reaching intoo his bag amd pulls out a two pokeballs "lets battle" he then tosses out a Blaziken and a Salamence "id advise you not to try and "devoure" me, because it definatly would not work" he says with a smirk. His Blaziken begins moving at blinding speeds around the area and Salamence flys into the sky

Alice watched the returning man, her lips decorated with a small smile. Her eyes were piercing and cold, as if ready for a challenge. However as he spoke, her bold, audaciousness flickered.
"I'm sorry." She said in a hushed voice, her brows knitting together. "It seems as if I was mistaken.." Watching his fierce expression turn kind, she found herself feeling a little guarded. However she smiled back at the man with ease, familiar to the tone of mannerism.

As the masked stranger spoke, Alice felt a small shiver trickle down her spine. She was drawn into her voice and sense of authority, her presence growing stronger as she spoke. It reminded her of her father, and she wanted to chuckle inside.
Glancing at the two Pokemon accompanying her, Alice could feel the lady's gaze through the eyes of the Haunter.
I see now.. Alice thought, realizing the purpose of the mask and its needless sockets.
"Uriel, introduce yourself, will you dear?" Flickering his tail, the small gray Pokemon scurried up on Alice's shoulder. However before he could greet the lady, the man released his Pokemon. Alice whistled, impressed to see the Blaziken and Salamance, both fine companions. Alice assumed the man to have pulled his trump cards in haste of battle. However facing the masked stranger's threat, Alice figured she would do the same. Crossing her arms, she glanced at the masked lady, wondering what her hidden expression looked like.

(Can we please establish a posting order?)

Last edited:
Zeralus smiles briefly at the pleasant introductions of the Pokemon and their trainers, until that is tarnished. She raises a brow underneath her mask, her pleasant and curious demeanor fading quickly at the request of battle. Slowly she and her two ghost companions turn to look at the trainer who so hastily put out his Pokemon for battle. She sighed, her Dusknoir crossed it's arms, and her Haunter stuck it's tongue out at the male trainer. Without further word she simply opened her duffle bag and tossed two Pokeballs from it into the air where they remained, suspended in the visually purple aura of her Psychic abilities. They remain in the air while she closes her bag, then they slowly make a descent into her now outstretched palms. She clicks the buttons in sync, one ball releasing a Feraligatr and the other a Garchomp. They both let out ferocious roars of their own.

(Yes, any suggestions on the post order?)

Last edited:
Alice blinked at the floating poke balls, realizing the extent of the masked strangers abilities. She had heard of people with the affinity of psychic powers, however it was the first time she had come to witness such a display. Tucking the loose strand of hair into her cap, Alice's eyes glanced around at the busy streets. The two were causing a scene.
"Excuse me." She interrupted, stepping between the two trainers. "I imagine this battle to have the potential of causing havoc. There is a lovely field just half a block from here. I'm sure with the wings of your dragons, it would not be a problem to avoid burdening the city itself."
(I think the one you suggested is good.)

Last edited:
"Hmmm that could work," the boy said to the girl in the middle of the battle "unless you have already realized your out matched here, my pokemon are clearly faster and stronger" in a split second Blaziken had apperead beside the Garchomp out of nowhere giving it a flick on the nose and walking back towards the boy. The ground began to tremble as the boys Salamence landed beside him. "Nice to meet you, the names Nero and you are....gorgeous" he extended a hand towards the Platinum haired girl "sorry for causing all this trouble i may look like a shady guy but im no longer a bad person, i left that life style behind" he gave a smile with his hand still extended

Xerione peeked out from where she was standing. She shot a glance at her two pokemon fighting, signaling for them to start. She took out two pokeballs and sucked them up. Xerione started to run away, but bumped into Nero. She blushed, apologizing, and ran away. A small trainer card fell out of her pocket.

Zeralus sighs, nodding compliantly while she calls back her two non-ghost Pokemon. A disappointed look springs across the face of her Haunter as she places the Pokeballs in her bag. "Don't patronize me with your delusions of grandeur, sir. Your conceited behavior will certainly be diffused when your ineptitude is revealed. With that said, I have confidence in your Pokemon, but when you teach them to underestimate threats it'll far more devastating to them IF they loose." She says to the confident male trainer moments before his Salamance's landing catches her off balance, luckily for her, her Dusknoir quickly caught her in it's arms and returns her to her feet. She exchanges a gentle bow of the head to her Dusknoir as a thank you, wanting to remain quiet until the two finished their introductions to each other.

Zeralus claps her hands together awkwardly, waiting politely to be addressed again with the plan, her Dusknoir following by example. Haunter hardly had the same manners as it appears behind Nero, making silly faces in an attempt to make the platinum haired girl laugh. Zeralus didn't react to haunter one way or another, at least not in an audible manner, but with a small smile underneath her mask. The smile is however replaced with a concerned look when Dusknoir spots Xerione bumping into Nero. Haunter was still to busy making faces to give Zeralus any reliable sight, but Dusknoir was quite sharp and noticed the trainer dropping a card almost immediately. "Madam Xerione, you dropped something!" Zeralus called out to the fleeing trainer while Dusknoir retrieved the item from the ground.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry for interrupting but Zeralus - posts in this board should be third person past tense, not present tense. Read the rules and amend your posts accordingly.

Her lips pursed into a small frown; however her expression remained pleasant, and demeanour void of vexation. Without doubt, the man's two companions were formidable opponents that would raise alarm to any trainer. However Alice had to agree with the masked lady. If she had learned anything from her years of raising and battling Pokemon, its that underestimating any opponent is a grave mistake.
As the earth trembled under the man's Salamance, an unknown and hidden entity snickered, preventing Alice from stumbling. She hardly moved or flinched, though her shadow rustled, dancing as if it had a spirit of its own.
Meeting eyes with Nero as he introduced himself, Alice studied his charming features. She wondered if his words were supposed to make her swoon, and figured most women would in her position. Although at first reluctant at shaking his hand, she shook it firmly. Not a hint of doubt crossed her, as she returned his kind expression with her own, relaxed, yet cunning smile.
"I'm Alice." She said, as her lips stretched wider into a grin at the jesting Haunter behind him. Uriel giggled behind his soft tail, comfortable on his trainers shoulder. "Thank you, and please excuse my misjudgement." She said, glancing at both Nero and the eyes of Haunter which the masked lady could see her from. "It's a pleasure to meet the both of you."
From the corner of her eye, she saw a small figure rush towards Nero. A young girl, no older than thirteen, fled with red cheeks.
So they do swoon. Alice thought, with a small victorious chuckle.

Nero was standing bewildered by what just happended "was that and orphan" he had thought to himself. He had realized what the Haunter was doing behind him, but decided to let it be for it was causing no harm. "Its not that im underestimating you, dont get me wrong your pokemon definatly have great power and your Garchomp might be able to keep up with Salamence," he said with a grin looking towards the masked girl "but my Blaziken is special, it has its hidden ability Speed Boost so every now and then his speed will be cranked up, not to mention while hes running circles around you hes using Swords Dance to boost his attack which is already insainly high." Nero reached into his bag pulling out 4 pokeballs "oh yeah, then theirs these guys!" He tosed them up into the air and what came out were a Blastoise, Torterra, Electivire, and finally Gengar "my pokemon are all trained competitivly and iv travled through 4 regions and beat their Leagues with this exact team, you have to do alot more training before your ready for me" he said as he began to walk after the orphan while recalling his pokemon. "Need i say more?"

Xerione skidded to a halt, panting heavily. She had been running all over the city today, it was ticketing her out. "God, when did the city get so populated?" She asked herself, giggling.

"Your boasting fails to impress me, Nero. I say that out of honesty, not of disrespect. Though I take it as a personal insult when one suggests that a Pokemon is special in comparison to another. I know that's not what you meant, so I won't hold it against you." She removed her mask, revealing her cold, gray eyes. After putting the mask in her bag she held out both of her hands to the other two trainers, offering to them a handshake. "My name is Zeralus, I've never been to Kalos before." She gave them and their Pokemon a friendly smile. "That young girl dropped her trainer card. We should get it to her before anything else."

It wasn't the first time she had encountered major league trainers, boasting their experience and holding their Pokemon higher than another. Glancing around at Nero's Pokemon team, there was a definite sense of accomplishment and confidence in one another. Her lips tugged into a smile as Alice tapped Uriel on the nose.
"Hmm.. What do you think?"
Her attention was immediately drawn as Zeralus introduced herself, unexpectedly removing her mask. "Oh!" She smiled.
It's a shame she hides her lovely eyes.
Taking one of her hands, she shook it as firmly as she did before.
"Yes, she seemed to have dropped something of hers?"

"So thats your name" he said as he grabbed her hand "i thought angels just had pretty faces but what a magnificent name you have" he said smiling back looking deep into her eyes "my eyes arnt that normal either" he said recalling his tradgic past. He let go of Zeralus's hand and looked at the trainer card "alright then, lets find this girl already its not like were gonna find her just standing around here like this...." he said walking over in the last direction he saw the girl run in "Move it!" He shouted to Zeralus and Alice

"Hmm... Where should we go next, guys? We probably can't go back to that vendor for a while, or else the crowds might get suspicious. Maybe if we go to the herb shop?" Xerione suggested. She was braiding her hair, using a twist tie from the fruit stand to pull it tight. Her pokemon nodded. "Great, we'll start tomorrow. Should we get some food?" She wondered aloud. To this, her pokemon cheered. "Shhh, they'll know that we're here if your too loud." She whispered, putting her pokemon back into their pokeballs and running to the food carts, bag of pokedollars in hand.

Zeralus didn't react on his remarks, not even a smile to humor him. The only expression he received was a slight grin across her Haunter's face the moment it appeared by her side once more. Dusknoir held out the card for Nero to look at, but didn't hand it over to him. It seemed as if Dusknoir personally wanted to be the gentleman to return the lost property. Zeralus would've teased her companion about it, but she didn't get the chance before her thoughts were interrupted by Nero's commanding shout. She growled lightly to herself, she wasn't a fan of being commanded, but she followed despite that. Dusknoir lead the way for her, being her bane of sight at the moment while Haunter retrieved three treats from her bag, two of which he offers to Alice and her Minccino.

Alice adjusted her hat, shadowing her withdrawn expression. She distanced herself by a few feet, observing the backs of the two trainers. There wasn't a solid reason for her to accompany the two; however she felt interested enough to follow. It couldn't hurt to have some company.
A breath of a chuckle passed her lips as she smiled at Nero who led the way in confidence. He was a bit arrogant, but all with the best intentions it seemed. As the small group walked down the street, they passed a bakery. The savory aroma of freshly baked pastries filled the air, reminding Alice of her empty stomach. Prior to finding herself in Coumarine City, she had lost all her hand held money in a silly gamble. It wasn't like her to bet on something with the possibility of losing- but she did, and now she was broke.
I need to find a way to scrap up some quick cash.. She thought, and from the corner of her eye saw the flicker of her Minccino's tail. Alice stared at her little furry friend, smiling when they met eyes. Recently, Alice had began to realize Uriel's strange behavior under his adorable front.

"Oh! Thank you." Alice chimed, receiving the kind gesture from Zeralus' Haunter. The two ghost pokemon were quite the gentlemen, and their trainer quite the lady. Alice was aware of the high prestige of psychics, and reckoned Zeralus to come from some form of high stature. Happily munching down, Uriel expressed his gratitude with a pleased look in his wide, round eyes. Taking a single bite, Alice gave the rest of her own snack to her hungry companion.

"Hmmmmmmm now where could she have run off to?" He thought "maybe some place with food" he mentioned. As they walked by the bakery, he began to drool "im gonna go buy something from their after" after walking around with no luck of finding her, he began to question what he was even doing here, its not like he knew these people how did he get in this situation. While he was having entire convorsations in his head he paid no attention to where he was going and ended up doing a complete circle back to the bakary.
"Its getting a litttle late, what do you say we go inside the bakary" he asked the two girls "my treat, all you can eat" he said with a smile "who knows the girl where looking for could even be in their.......and im hungry" he laughed "i havent had a thing to eat since morning" his stomach growled

Xerione inhaled deeply. Fresh wafts of new bread filled her nostrils. She decided to go there. Xerione entered the bakery, and walked up to the shopkeeper. "A loaf of bread, and four pokepuffs please." She requested. He went into the back, and returned seconds later. Xerione nearly drooled at the sight of it. The shopkeeper placed it all into a white paper bag with the bakery's logo on it. She placed the sack of pokedollars onto the counter. She had the exact amount of money. Xerione turned around, and started to make her leave.

Just then Wilhelm walked in, being pulled by a Mawile. "You sure you saw her go in here?" He said as the Mawile nodded and pointed to zeralus. "Oh it is you, your Father asked for me to give this to you." He held out his hand, in it was a Mega Keystone inside of a bracelet. "You can use this to megaevolve your Pokemon."

"Thank you Nero, but I can pay for myself. My Pokemon can be very expensive eaters. I have plenty of money at my disposal." She said, giving him a pleasant smile and a polite bow of the head. Dusknoir wasn't fond of giving up the search, though he put up little resistance. It wasn't like he could leave Zeralus' side to go find the girl on his own. "It's okay, Dusknoir. We can give the card to the police. They'll find a way to get it to her." she said in an attempt to comfort him, but it turned out there wasn't need. Before Dusknoir could hand Zeralus the card he spotted the very trainer on the card about to exit the bakery. He waited seconds for consent from his trainer, she nodded, and he made his way over to the young girl. Dusknoir proudly held out the card to her, looking at her with his single, menacing, red eye.

Haunter seemed adamant on making friends out of Alice and Uriel. Zeralus would've usually let him continue socializing if it wasn't for his trainer being approached by someone. He gave the duo a large grin before he evaporated into thin air and re-appeared at his master's side. Zeralus didn't realize who the voice was addressing at first, but with Haunter lending her his eyes she realized he was addressing her. She raised one brow in slight confusion, a gesture which Haunter mimicked for fun. "My father? Why? Do you know him or something?" She grimaced slightly at her own abundance of questions.

If she was the same person as she was two years ago, Alice would have refused Nero's offer. However things have changed, and beggars couldn't be choosers. Clasping her hands, Alice gave him a cheeky grin and winked, making her way down the shop. She was beginning to grow quite fond of the Haunter, and was surprised to see him suddenly disappear. Glancing around, she saw the trainer they were searching for and sighed in relief. It was good to return lost things, and hoped good luck would find it's way to the polite Dusknoir. As Alice sat at a small round table, she noticed a young man that had approached Zeralus. She seemed rather troubled, however Alice couldn't exactly tell.

Nero glanced at the little girl and saw how worn out her clothes were "Hey Alice," he said taking her hand "this is for the bakery and whatever else you want to eat, go crazy" he said putting ₱30,000 in her hand. He then approached the little girl "hey," he said calmly with a smile "how about we go get you some new clothes" he started looking at Zeralus and the man "if you have it under controll here that is" he said giving the man some what of an intimidating stare. He was attempting to help out anyway he could hoping it would make up for all his wrongs. "So what do ya say? i have more than enough money, so dont worry about the price of the clothes."

Last edited:
"C...clothes? For me? Thank you, sir!" Xerione smiled at him. "I've never really had new clothes. I usually just exchange every few years." She was extremley excited. Maybe she would look less threatening. Most people avoided her when she passed them by, for most of the city's citizens were aristocrats.

" Oh, I'm Wilhelm the steel type gym leader, your father had helped my family in a tight spot a few years back and he called me to ask that I give you this, also he wants me to help you with your journey see as how I'm a gym leader here." He noticed the stare from the young man. "No everything is fine here are you her friend?"

Zeralus still felt like she had a score to settle with Nero, but his kindness was contrary to her first impression of him, she pondered if she wrongly placed her aggression. She never liked gloats. She cracked a smile at him anyways, giving him an approving nod of his generosity. But when asked if they were friends she shook her head, more out of honesty than anything. "We're acquaintances." She replied, holding out one hand to retrieve the mega-stone and the other to offer him a handshake. "Thank you, Wilhelm. It's a pleasure to meet a friend of my father. I'm looking forward to my journey here. I hope you don't mind the company of ghosts."

Dusknoir handed Xerione her card and bowed his head politely at her then made his way back to Zeralus. With a passive wave Dusknoir dismissed Haunter so he could return to his social interactions. Again, Haunter vanished, this time re-appearing beside Uriel. Haunter saw how grateful Alice seemed when Nero gave her something, so Haunter decided to mimic him and handed Uriel a colorful rock he found seconds earlier.

Alice smiled, noting to pay the trainer back. She wondered about his spread of kindness, giving away his money at the disposal of others. It was the first time someone had given her money because she lacked it. She would have never thought such a thing would happen, and chuckled at the change of things.
As Uriel rushed away, Alice glanced to make sure the other parties were okay, taking a bite out of the sandwich her companion had returned with.

As the Haunter appeared beside her, Alice held the given rock towards the light. It shone through, creating a kaleidoscope of colours. "Is this for me?" She asked with a small smile.

Nero saw the delighted look on the little girls face "alright then, where do you want to go" he said "i really dont know anything about this city so you lead the way" he looked at Alice and patted Uriel on the head "you guys enjoy yourself now, and dont get into to much trouble" and he went with Xerione.

Last edited:
"Uh... I think there's a shop down on a Main Street." Xerione assumed. She began to walk towards the store. It was extremley old, having the arcitecture from a long time ago, contrasting the modern skyscrapers. She walked in, and a small bell made a jingling sound. Xerione looked around. She picked out a white long sleeved dress. It went down to about her knees, and the bottom of the dress and sleeves were lined with fluffy material. She also picked out a pair of boots that matched the dress. Xerione noticed a Fenniken hat (shiny). It matched her outfit so she picked it up. "Done!" She smiled.