• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Feature: Automatic Name Changes

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
In order to help users who want to change their names, we've introduced a formal name change system. You can now change your name from your Account Details, and have the change automatically applied after a staff member approves it.

More details and instructions can be found by clicking "Continue Reading." :)[prebreak][/prebreak]

You can change your name from a new page in your account details. Here's how:
  • Click your user menu - the button with your username on it - in the top-right of the page.
  • Click "Personal Details."
  • The next step varies by device:
    • If you're on a mobile device, click "Your Account" at the top, and choose "User Name Change" from the menu that appears.
    • If you're on a desktop or tablet, choose "User Name Change" from the left-hand sidebar.
  • Fill out the fields on the page that appears appropriately. Please be sure to fill in the reason for wanting a name change.
  • Click "Change Name" to submit the request.
That's it! Your username change will be sent to the staff team for approval - this normally takes a day or so, but can take less time. You'll get an alert and an e-mail when your user name change is approved or denied.

There's a few restrictions to be aware of, though:
  • You can only change your name once every 90 days. If you've already had a name change, you can see how long you have left until you can change it again on the name change page.
  • If you need a name change outside of the usual rotation, please contact a member of staff and explain exactly why you need your name amended. Please note that, beyond small changes such as fixing typos, we won't change names manually unless you can provide a very good reason.
  • Staff members can reject a name change request for any reason. However, it's very unlikely that your name change will be rejected if it is a reasonable request and within the usual limits.
  • All name changes must be put through the new system as of today - if you've got an outstanding name change request through other channels, please re-request it through the new system.
That's all, folks. I hope you enjoy the shiny new system!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Very glad to see this implemented; the system for name changes seems much more organized now XD Probably won't affect me for a long while but I can definitely see how this benefits both staff and the userbase. ^^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I have on question. About how long will it take for a mod to approve your new name? I assume 4-5 days?
It says in the article - we generally get to them within a day or so, but usually it's less. I look at the requests whenever I look at 'Charms, for example.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
For me it doesn't show how many days are left until I can change my name. Has 90 days passed or something?
Everyone got a free name change when we introduced the system, even if they'd had a change recently before that :)