• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #031 Toastoar and #32 Furnvern

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Good morning!
I am very happy to introduce you to two of the most unique Pokemon in the Nemesis Generation, having seemingly developed from originally man made objects.
031 Toastoar.PNG
Toastoar, the toaster Pokemon. As is evident from looking at it, Toastoar can not move very well at all. If it needs to get somewhere quickly, it will pop the spring mechanism inside its body, making it bounce small distances. Many scientists have attempted to discover how a creature like Toastoar would ever come to be, but none have ever found a satisfactory answer. Although they look as if they are a machine, it appears that their insides are of organic origin. It has a unique typing, which allows it to attack with fire or electricity, or even produce smoke to hinder the foe. Toastoar can have one of two abilities, Motor Drive or Flash Fire.

032 Furnven.PNG
Furven, the oven Pokemon. Studies have shown that it has an organic digestive system which burns its food with flammable stomach acids. Like Toastoar, Furnven struggles to move so often attacks from afar. After battle, it can be rather dangerous to touch Furnven as its body heats up whilst fighting. Traveling trainers have been known to heat up food on their Furven on occasion. As with its previous form, this Pokemon can have either the Motor Drive or Flash Fire ability, taking advantage of its unique duel typing. As you would expect, Furnven has a very low spped, but a high special attack. Its defenses are rather split, with physical being significantly higher than its special defense.

That's all for today! Join us again soon for more Pokemon from the Nemesis Generation.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Rotom doesn't have a toaster form :p

And to avoid the accusations I've had when posting these else where, they were created before we even knew about Platinum and Rotoms forms.

Ooh, finally, a toaster! I've always thought toasters were pretty cool, but this is just awesome.

I like the bit in the 'Dex entry about the heating up of the food. Does that mean a lot of trainers have them just for that purpose?

And of course, Brock would usually be fine the very next scene.

Furnvern kind of reminds me of a hippotamus as well, due to the 'teeth' on the sides of the mouth.

And it's not funny how a blue worm can turn into a dragon with a missing chromosome?

Anyways, these are amazing. I want a Toastoar, just so I have an excuse to eat poptarts every day. Hey, he'd get a nice meal too! Mmm, burnt chocolate.

Fire-Electric is a great type combination!
I wish it was in the pokemon games...
Anyways, the design of these is great! I particularly like the little plug that's attatched to them!!
Maybe these could have a signature move - plug wip!

reminds me of the brave little toaster movies...i loved those as a kid.
but serious?!? Fire/Electric how awesome is that!? Just gotta watch out for Earthquake.