• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #022 Sheamy

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Today our Pokemon is Sheamy!​
sheamy.png
#022 Sheamy
Normal Type​
Sheep Pokemon​
Another cute one, eh? The Pokemon world is full of them, the fluffy, adorable creatures that you would have to be completely heartless to ignore. Sheamy is no exception, but be warned, behind it's fluffy exterior lie some unexpected powers! Luckily, in this form Sheamy has no desire to use it's talents for anything malicious.​

Rather obviously, large groups of Sheamy are kept by farmers in large fields. Over the years, however, these farmers have learnt to never count their Sheamy as doing so tends to send them to sleep! Over the course of my research, it seems that the thick white wool that covers this Pokemon contains a very specific combination of chemicals which induces sleep in anyone; human or Pokemon. Each individual has a certain resistance to these chemicals, but they can effect everyone eventually. You may think that this would rather depress Sheamy, having all of its friends falling asleep around it, but truth be told, it finds joy in sleeping and will snuggle up to its trainer whilst they doze. Some insomniacs even use their Sheamy to help them get to sleep.​

This aspect of the Pokemon is reflected in its Sweet Dreams ability, which has the chance to send the foe to sleep when Sheamy is sent in to battle. However, as its power is rather weak, this induced sleep only lasts for one turn in battle. Of course, if a trainer wants an even better chance to put the foe to sleep, Sheamy can learn the move Hypnosis. Sheamy's stats are more or less balanced, the only exceptions being it's slightly lower attack and higher speed.​

Join us again soon to meet the evolved form of Sheamy, the rather intimidating Woolmare!​

Thanks again to Rain!
No dex entry today, due to bandwidth issues.

OMG I LOVE THE EYES! Awesome description! Woolmare sounds awesome 'cause wool is from sheep and mare comes from nightmare, yea I know you knew that but it loooks really awesome! Nintendo should learn from you!!

Aw, what a cute Pokemon. Since it seems this cute little guy will turn evil, I think its final evolution should have black wool. That's just my opinion though.

Squee! I love sheep Pokemon!

I mean, come on. The Mareep line makes me go 'awwww' every time I see it! Having a Sheamy would be amazing, then.

Except I'd be asleep. I guess I would snore every time I got too close to it, then.