• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #019 Moldrill

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Today I would like you to meet Moldrill!​
moldrill.png
#019 Moldrill
Ground/Steel Type​
Mole Pokemon​
On evolution, it appears that the mechanical drilling equipment has merged with the Pokemon itself, creating the formidable powerhouse that is Moldrill! The drills it now has for hands can spin incredibly fast, a technique it employs often in battle to tear foes to pieces. Another added bonus of it's new metal "skin" is the weight it provides. This means that Moldrill can hold it's ground against even the toughest of attacks.​

Despite being rather heavy, Moldril is unbelievably fast when traveling underground.From the little we have seen, it seems that Moldrill lays on its belly, with its arms stretched forward, allowing them to power through the earth ahead. In colonies, it appears that Moldrill coordinate groups of Terill and Termole, ordering them to extend certain tunnels, or in some cases, cut them off to block other Pokemon entering.​

Just like its lower forms, Moldrill keeps its foe in the fight with Arena Trap and attacks powerfully with moves such as Iron Head, Earthquake, Crunch and it's own signature move Drill Drive. Drill Drive is a 70 power Steel attack with a small chance of making the foe flinch. However, it isn't completely accurate and may miss more than occasionally.​

Tomorrow sees us go from the fearsome Moldrill to a much cuter Pokemon, and a favourite of Rain's. So join us then to meet the adorable Cotlyon!​

Thanks again to Rain!
And now for the Dex Entry for Moldrill

019Moldrill.png

@.@
Awesome. X3
But it kinda looks like Nidoking/queen. (I thought that when I saw the drawing, not the sprite, by the way.)

Still, awesome. I wish Moldrill was in the Pokemon games. ;~~;

Amazing! :D Just one quick question, though. You said it has it's own signature move called Drill Punch. But in the very next sentence, you talk about a new move called Drill Dive. Are they two different moves, or is one of the names just a mistake?

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Oops. I originally called it Drill Punch, but disliked the name, so went to Drill Drive. Just missed that first instance of it!