• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #017 Termole

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Thanks to some qucik work from Rain, we can present to you Termole!​

termole.png
#017 Termole
Ground Type​
Mole Pokemon​
I'll be honest with you, the reason I was unsure whether or not we would have information on Termole today was because they are so hard to track down! Some mole Pokemon, like Diglett are a rather common sight above ground, but not Termole! They hate the sunlight, which appears to be the reason why the species took to living underground.​

It appears that it is the underground habitat which led to the development of the drill like nose rather than the other way around. Although it may appear from a distance like a real drill, it does in fact not rotate itself. Instead, Termole digs by twisting its head as far around as it can, attempting to mimic the action of a metal drill bit. They use this technique often in battle to trap their foes, which gives them the Arena Trap ability.​

As you would expect, Termole eventually learns the powerful Earthquake attack, but not until it has matured further. Until then they mainly attack with moves such as Scratch, Horn Attack and Dig. As you may expect, these Pokemon are very physically strong, leading to a rather high attack stat. Their speed isn't to be sniffed at either, which they show off by racing each other rapidly below the ground. These races have been known to cause large tremors on the surface if they get too competitive.​

At level 17 Termole evolves in to it's next form, the biolgy of which was a big surprise to me, and probably to the Pokemon itself! Be sure to join us tomorrow for Pokemon #18 Terill!​

Thanks again to Rain! This one really is awesome.
And now for the Dex Entry for Termole.

017Termole.png

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Termole was always one of my favourite sprites in the NemGen, so I was looking forward to seeing him drawn all pretty :3

Nice artwork as usual, Rain, especially on the fur.

You know, for some reason the description of the underground races has brought back a really weird memory of a film I watches when I was little. Something about blob things that rolled underground in 'Great Games' and caused Earthquakes. I think it was a Ducktales film or something XD

Anyway, awesome jobs as usual ^^