• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #014 Armight

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Apologies for the weeks absence, server craziness and holidays do not mix well! This one was up for a brief time, but was lost in the move, so today's Pokemon is Armight!​

armight.png
#014 Armight
Bug/Steel Type​
Grappler Pokemon​
Wow! What a change! It looks likes strengthening it's legs as a Sheilug has really proved beneficial! This Pokemon's main fighting style involves grabbing the foe with their smaller arms, whilst pummeling with their stronger ones. It certainly is a large change from the previous form, one that once led some researchers to believe that it was part fighting type.​

There are two main ways to train an Armight; either let it evolve immediately at level 21 and take advantage of the above average attack stat for moves like Bullet Punch or, for the more patient trainer, allow it to remain as a Shielug for a little longer. Although the latter may make no sense to most of you, it appears that this Pokemon can only learn Iron Defense whilst in it's basic stage. This of course allows for a completely different strategy, focusing on Armight's highest stat- Defense.​

Armight has retained the ability to avoid critical hits, but unlike Sheilug it has the Battle Armour ability, rather than Shell Armour. This just helps emphasize the difference between the two Pokemon- Sheilug which avoids battle if possible, and Armight which takes it in it's stride, and can prove quite formidable.​

Tomorrow we have another Bug type Pokemon, Slail! So join us then!​

Thanks again to Rain!
And now for the Dex Entry for Armight. And yes, I did change it's typing.

014Armight.png

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Quite a nice-looking insect there Nem, although he'd have to go some to be able to hang with Lucario, who has essentially the same typing as Armight here except in reverse (Fighting/Steel.) That said, his defensive prowess could give him the means necessary to stand apart from Lucario as a Steel/Fighting-type, and that defensive power combined with Bullet Punch makes this guy quite unique already, as far as tanky Pokemon go.

Overall, he's pretty awesome, and that metal armour covering him makes him look pretty dangerous as well.

Quite a nice-looking insect there Nem, although he'd have to go some to be able to hang with Lucario, who has essentially the same typing as Armight here except in reverse (Fighting/Steel.)
At least Armight's Steel typing makes sense, whilst I still fail to see how Lucario is Steel :p

Have to say, come a game situation this is certainly one of the early bugs that I'd keep on my team. I love this chap.

Heh, I'm merely speaking the truth. All it literally is is a color swapped Heracross body, with color swapped Ninjask head glued to it. With brown...erm...lines, that don't even match the rest of the body(if most of something is outlined in black, EVERYTHING should have a black outline.). Then again, most of them are just slightly modified sprites...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Soooo instead of just ignoring them you choose to invest your time in being an ass about it?

Honestly, some people.

If you have nothing nice or constructive to say, don't say it at all. Until you show that you have some of your own creative original ideas, you don't have any right to criticise other people's.

Hakumeikage09 (to me it now roughly translates to mouthy, arrogant child), how exactly do you expect to benefit from criticizing something I'm quite sure that someone with an attitude like you wouldn't even be able to achieve? If you dislike the sprites/artwork/ideas THAT much, you really don't need to be posting in this thread... Especially one sentence posts that are obviously meant to be offensive.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I'll appreciate your opinion when you stop being an ass.

As Stel pointed out, the main thing I am trying to get through here is the IDEAS of the Pokemon. Sure, the sprite is one of the less edited ones...but the idea isn't "Heracross with a Ninjask Head Pokemon" it's a bipedal shield bug....

Same thing for Dandylyon, it's a lion with a flower for a mane. I just happened to use a Luxray as the base for it. You say the idea is not original, but what grass lion exists in the current list of Pokemon?

Sure, some of my Pokemon are obvious mish mashes of other Pokemon, but hey, that's what they are. I'm not submitting these to Nintendo, I'm doing these for fun. There are some that you will have a hard time telling which part is from where, and then there are some that are obvious, but to be fair I don't really care.

I've spent years developing the ideas, and expressing them in the form of sprites created by manipulating current Pokemon sprites. Rain has done a wonderful job at drawing them and helping me to share some of my ideas.

But hey, you have two options really. Either 1)stop looking at them if you don't like them and therefore stop complaining or 2)feel free to out do me (which I know IS possible, not being arrogant) and create a daily feature for the site.

Kthzbai.

Nemesis, there was a slight typo in that post. *points to z in kthxbai* xP Also, Hakume, be aware that you are talking to mods (aside form me of course). >>;;

Okay? That matters how? Constructing criticism, people. Get over it. And if I had the time, and internet(not my internet), I WOULD post some of the stuff I have made. But either way, slightly modifying something doesn't make it original. You should try working from the bottom up, instead of just using already made sprites. They'll turn out better, and you'll get better at making them.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That matters because we reserve the right to ban you for being a contrary arse.

I don't know where you learned the definition of constructive criticism, but a one-sentence reply that is clearly meant just to be offensive is not constructive criticism. You should try growing a brain before doing anything else online.

He's got a point. If you're going to come around with that crappy attitude, then why bother replying to these stuff at all?

I know you were honest and truthful and that's fine (to me), but next time, keep these things to yourself.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Beating a dead horse, POH!KEMON. Beating a dead horse. Or a banned idiot, in this case.

ALRIGHT, FOLKS, Drama over. Let's truck any further drama away from the main page, shall we? Nothing to see here. Move along.