• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #013 Sheilug

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Today, I present Sheilug!​

sheilug.png
#013 Sheilug
Bug/Steel Type​
Shield Bug Pokemon​
Even some of the toughest Pokemon have a hard time breaking through the metal shell of Sheilug! Well, all apart from Fire Pokemon, of course. As they grow older, the metal part of the shell is said to grow, eventually covering the whole Pokemon. They pride themselves in their shells, and use their Harden, and at higher levels Iron Defense, attacks to strengthen them as much as they can.​

This handy shell gives Sheilug the Shell Armour ability, which stops the foe from being able to land critical hits. They may be lacking in attack power, but no one can say Sheilug is an easy Pokemon to defeat in battle. Well, once again, apart from when faced by the heat of a fire type.​

Due to their nature, Sheilug tend to hide away to avoid battle rather than actively seeking it. The younger ones, with less of their shell covered by metal, blend quite well in to long grass. The elders, however, obviously stand out with their mostly metallic shells! Sheilug's small legs start out weak, but have to strengthen very quickly in order to lift the weight of the shell. This ultimately results in evolution.​

So join us tomorrow to meet the grappler Pokemon Armight!​

Thanks again to Rain!
And now for the Dex Entry for Sheilug

013Sheilug.png

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hehehe. Nice work, Rain, you took an already cute little arthropod and made it even cuter. ^^

Nem - I assume that this PokeMon has, for comparison's sake, a Shieldon-like stat-distribution, in the sense that it's almost all defenses and very little else?

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Basically yeah. Although, as you know, it's evolution is quite different.

I've always had a thing about shield bugs, so I too love this thing.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Honestly, I think this is the weakest drawing of the Nem Gen so far... mostly just because it's so wobbly-lined and generally unpolished. Just my opinion...

Personally, this is one of my favourites of yours, one of the handful I'd really want see in a real game. Almost certainly I'd have one of these on my team.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gotta say, Sheilug is adorable indeed, and, like Alex here, I would really want to have it in my team if it was real. ^^

Just wondering, how do you pronounce that name? I keep saying SHY-lug, but I have a feeling it's pronounced something like SHEEL-lug...

Anyways, great job so far on your Nem Gen thingies. I've really enjoyed reading everything you say about each of your creations.

I love its idea. I doubt I'd have it in my team since I'm more a hard-hitter than a patience waiter. Cute nonetheless! Can't wait to see its evolved form.

For future reference, I was asked by Nem to draw all of these in my "scribbly" style. That would, therefore, contribute to the "wobbly-lined" aspect that any of the drawings may contain.

Why is it the same background every time. And honestly, i see no point to this nemesis generation thing. No offense, but its not like any of these pokemon will actually get made.