• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nemesis Generation #012 Coostral

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Welcome back to the Lab! Today, I would like you lal to meet Coostral!​

coostral.png
#012 Coostral
Fighting/Flying Type​
Chicken Pokemon​
Even if you didn't know anything about Coostral's previous forms, even the look of this one could tell you to steer well clear! Like Chicko and Squarken before it, Coostral lives to fight and, unsurprisingly, is very good at it! They are so dominant that they have been known to clear entire forests of all Pokemon but their own kind.​

Using a combination of it's high attack stat and Intimidate ability, the only strategy Coostral knows is to hit hard before the foe gets a chance to strike itself. It's rather unique typing gives it the ability to use a variety of moves such as Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Brave Bird, Close Combat and Sky Uppercut.​

Because of their reputation, many Pokemon steer clear of Coostral and their kind. This mean that Coostrals often have to resort to fighting between themselves for training and, sometimes, entertainment. It also means they have to travel large distances to hunt their prey, which often happen to be Bug Pokemon.​

Saying that, I doubt that even Coostral could break through the shell of tomorrows Pokemon, Sheilug! Join us to find out why!​

Thanks again to Rain!
And now for the Dex Entry for Coostral

012Coostral.png

Nemesis

Former Administrator
No..it isn't Staraptor...infact the original idea, like most of these, came about before DP were even announced. As for height, I dunno really. XP It's up to interpretation!

Nemesis

Former Administrator
well im sorry but i find that hard to believe
first, the rabbit looked a lot like buneary, and its sprite used pachirisu's head
the fire type had the same type-combo as heatran, another 4th gen pokemon
spectan and its lower form were ALOT like piplup etc, not counting the similarity in special attack being their highest stat

and the birds are just like staraptor, being fierce AND learning close combat, so im not saying their bad ideas, but definitly leeched off of 4th gen pokemon.

Do you really want me to have to fish out the original sprites from 03/04? Yes, DP Pokemon have been used for some of the sprites, purely because they look better than what I had originally.

Most of the other stuff you mention is coincidence. And a flying/fighting type learning Close Combat? That, my friend, has nothing to do with Staraptor. Oh, and personally, other than being a bird of the water type, I see no resemblance between Piplup and Parrat..

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can vouch for what Nem here says. I've been around 'Charms since its relaunch, and most of the Nem Gen was around long before Generation 4 even showed any signs of existing - the starters in particular.

Also, for the record, fanmade PokeMon of the Fire/Steel type have been around LOOOOOOOOONG before Heatran. Sometimes, people do have original ideas and seek to try out new type combinations in their creations before official PokeMon materialize with their typing. I say that as someone who has had a fan region in development since the days Generation TWO was brand new an had quite a few type combinations thought up that were used later in official capacity (such as Grass/Ice).

There is such a thing as coincidence. Live with it, Leader Mudkip.