• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mythical Pokémon Distributions Detailed for US

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Mythical_Pokemon_-_Pokemon_20th_Anniversary x600.png

As we recently reported regarding the Pokémon 20th Anniversary celebration reveal, one of 11 mythical Pokémon will be distributed each month starting February until the end of the year. For those of you living in the US, we also know how these 11 will be given away.

Each month the mythical Pokémon on offer will be available from the 1st of the month until the 24th, meaning you don't have quite the entire month to grab them. Not only that, the distributions will rotate between GameStop and the Nintendo Network (WiFi). GameStop will be giving out download codes for their Pokémon, while the rest will be available via WiFi download.

The distribution rundown for the US looks like this:
  • February: Mew - GameStop
  • March: Celebi - Nintendo Network
  • April: Jirachi - Nintendo Network
  • May: Darkrai - GameStop
  • June: Manapy - Nintendo Network
  • July: Shaymin - Nintendo Network
  • August: Arceus - GameStop
  • September: Victini - Nintendo Network
  • October: Keldeo - Nintendo Network
  • November: Genesect - GameStop
  • December: Meloetta - Nintendo Network

For step-by-step instructions explaining how to obtain them on your games, check out our guide. Each mythical Pokémon can be downloaded on Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. We don't yet know how they'll be distributed throughout Europe but we'll be sure to let you know once we do!

I'm very grateful that it's GameStop for this, and not an off-branch of sorts, like for the shiny Rayquaza bundle we had earlier, since the last place (forget which one it was) wasn't anywhere near my area.

Can't wait to get my hands on these buggers~! 100% Dex-Completion will be mine! All mine! *cue maniacal evil laughter*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
....... Really why, why don't they just do a good ole event as in Wi - Fi... not codes, nintendo net. , or Gamestop.... I just hope I can obtain them!

Actually, the Nintendo Network is the Mystery Gift WiFi service, so it's the best that one could ask for (and doesn't require you to leave the comforts of your home). I'm personally very glad to see that the majority of the distributions are via it and not exclusively codes. :)

Actually, the Nintendo Network is the Mystery Gift WiFi service, so it's the best that one could ask for (and doesn't require you to leave the comforts of your home). I'm personally very glad to see that the majority of the distributions are via it and not exclusively codes. :)
OOOH ok sorry for the misunderstanding :p

This is a really cool event for the 20th anniversary and it doesn't sound like it will be too much trouble. I don't really go to Gamestop anymore but I can always grab something for my nephews for my mom.

As we recently reported regarding the Pokémon 20th Anniversary celebration reveal, one of 11 mythical Pokémon will be distributed each month starting February until the end of the year. For those of you living in the US, we also know how these 11 will be given away.

Each month the mythical Pokémon on offer will be available from the 1st of the month until the 24th, meaning you don't have quite the entire month to grab them. Not only that, the distributions will rotate between GameStop and the Nintendo Network (WiFi). GameStop will be giving out download codes for their Pokémon, while the rest will be available via WiFi download.

The distribution rundown for the US looks like this:
  • February: Mew - GameStop
  • March: Celebi - Nintendo Network
  • April: Jirachi - Nintendo Network
  • May: Darkrai - GameStop
  • June: Manapy - Nintendo Network
  • July: Shaymin - Nintendo Network
  • August: Arceus - GameStop
  • September: Victini - Nintendo Network
  • October: Keldeo - Nintendo Network
  • November: Genesect - GameStop
  • December: Meloetta - Nintendo Network

For step-by-step instructions explaining how to obtain them on your games, check out our guide. Each mythical Pokémon can be downloaded on Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. We don't yet know how they'll be distributed throughout Europe but we'll be sure to let you know once we do!
Yes,It's a good deal but now that there are cheat systems for Nintendo's (such as Action Reply) They could just use that too get a variety of Pokemon on the list

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yes,It's a good deal but now that there are cheat systems for Nintendo's (such as Action Reply) They could just use that too get a variety of Pokemon on the list

Those devices have existed as long as the Pokemon franchise has, to be fair, so that's actually nothing new. Myself, I'd always lean towards obtaining Pokemon legitimately verses getting them through cheats (feels much more cheapened otherwise) and therefore love giveaways like these. The more widely available they are through official channels, the better. :)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My boss at work also happens to be a Pokemon fan so we've decided that on February 1st we're bringing our 3DSs and Pokemon games to work and driving up to GameStop on our lunch break to get Mew. We'll probably continue that trend for Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect just because we can. <.>

I'm very grateful that it's GameStop for this, and not an off-branch of sorts, like for the shiny Rayquaza bundle we had earlier, since the last place (forget which one it was) wasn't anywhere near my area.

Can't wait to get my hands on these buggers~! 100% Dex-Completion will be mine! All mine! *cue maniacal evil laughter*
D: I missed the shiny rayquaza, my exceptional sads!

Why does the US always have the cool stuff and also its cheaper than things in my country plus the only pokemon id love to get are darkrai (although i already have him), jirachi, victini and mew.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
@Linkachu do we know anything about the distributions (if at all) for the rest of the world

We do indeed now. For example, we now know that Mew will be given out by GAME in the UK (from Feb. 1st to 28th). EBGames Canada is also handing out the code cards from the 1st until the 24th (which was great news for me). By chance you don't live in either of those regions, do you mind sharing where you do live? :)

Speaking of which, I got my Mew download codes today! :D Couldn't resist going in on the 1st to get them ASAP. I've always loved Mew. ♥

EBGames Canada is also handing out the code cards from the 1st until the 24th (which was great news for me).

Excellent news. But if I might ask what's the deal with this code card thing? It's been quite a while since I got an in-store event and last time it certainly didn't involve code cards. I'm just getting back into the loop really