• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Movie 13 Receives Title: New Details and Trailer Revealed

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Many apologizes for the late update. I had every intention of posting this before work yesterday but life got in the way, so hopefully it's still news to some of you.

Recently a trailer for the 13th Pokémon movie aired in Japan to reveal a few key pieces of information: the movie's name, a poster, and four of the major legendary Pokémon to be involved. Later the next day, the official Japanese Pokémon website and 13th movie site updated to reflect this same information and other little tidbits.

The movie has been titled 幻影の覇者Z」 Phantom Ruler Z (also translated as "Phantom Champion Z" in some places), and is currently planned to involve Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, and Entei. Going by usual trends, this title is likely to be amended closer to the movie's release date - July 10th, 2010.

If you're interested, check out the trailer for yourself HERE. It may not be the most indepth trailer, but what little is shown is rather intriguing. You can also click on the poster image to see the full-size version - tis very pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another trilogy? I'm curious on what the storyline will be in this one. It's most likely involving the Johto Legendaries, if I may state the obvious. It might introduce a Gen. V Pokemon as well. :D

If the older Ho-oh v Lugia trailer is also still right (it may have Gen II Legendaries will be featured, a first for a generation. In terms of a Gen V pokemon, there are four possibiblities. No Gen V pokemon, at least not in any movies, but the anime only, no Gen V pokemon AT ALL meaning no Gen V, a Gen V pokemon in it, or no ones this movie, but in a later one (if they do that they are milking the DP saga + Gen IV. Let's face it.)

Anyway, saw the trailer. Dark Ash, eh? A bit like Dark Link...

Anyway, saw the trailer. Dark Ash, eh? A bit like Dark Link...
Maybe like the Pokelantis episode of Battle Frontier. I think it's awesome that Ho-oh and Lugia might be in the same movie if the other trailer's correct. Can't wait to see all 3 legendary beasts in one movie! ;D

I find this a little strange. They already have made movies with Entei, Suicune, and Celebi. It's cool that they are all together in one movie now but I still find it a little odd. ???

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
They're simply milking Heart Gold and Soul Silver for all they can. What this makes me wonder is if Ash is going to have an interlude in Johto sooner than we think...