• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Movie 12 giveaway in Japan

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
493.png
Granted, this event isn't one I can see many people here being able to go to since it's all the way over in Japan, but the magnitude of it certainly deserves a mention. With the arrival of Movie 12, known as Arceus: To a Conquering Spacetime, anyone who has pre-ordered tickets to see the movie will also be given a shiny Pichu, currently referred to as "Pikachu-coloured Pichu." It is Lv.30, holds an Everstone, and has the moves Charm, Endeavor, Volt Tackle and Charge. It will be available for download between June 19th and July 17th, again, only to those who have pre-ordered tickets for the movie.

OK, so that might not be what people expected from this, but Pichu isn't the only Pokemon being given away. As expected, being distributed at movie theatres from July 18th is the mighty Arceus, the star of Movie 12. It will be Lv.100 and will be holding the currently unavailable Rowap Berry, and like Darkrai and Shaymin, it will be contained within a Cherish Ball and will have the Classic Ribbon, preventing it from being put on the GTS. Its moveset is by far the most interesting of all the event Pokemon from Generation IV thus far - in a nod to Darkrai, Arceus comes with the moveset Judgment, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend and Shadow Force, giving it not only its own signature move, but also those of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

Again, I can't see many from 'Charms being able to get hold of Arceus from this particular giveaway, but the arrival of the Pokemon God is certainly a big announcement, and we can certainly expect to see the same Arceus being distributed around the world and most likely to a place near you sometime in the future.

These giveaways just beg the question, what are the event items for? Darkrai comes from the ranger game, and here we have Arceus and Shaymin coming from movie giveaways. ???
I'm a little confused about the movset for Arceus as well. Isn't the point of "only this Pokemon can learn this move" just that. I don't get it. :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The event items are for the WiFi events which began in Japan after the release of Platinum last year and are beginning in America next month.