• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Miraculous Ladybug Theories Thread!

Mkay so, this is a thread for theories on Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir. You can discuss them, post them, etc etc.

My theory is that there's at least 4 or 6 Kawami not just Tiki and Plagg. If you pay very close attemntion to the last few seconds of the theme song you'll see them! Tiki is red, Plagg is black, then there's a green one and a white one. I'm fairly sure there's a blue one and one other color I have yet to identify.

Lucky, you got to watch the recent shows, I watch them on Xfinity cause I'm always somewhere when they come on. But Xfinity takes forver to get the shows.

Actually I just watch it whenever YouTuber Nick Taylor uploads the newest dubbed episode :3 sucks that you can't.
Also Hawk Moth, maybe is Gabrielle? Considering facial features look similar?

I don't know that song. Who's it by? And it's cool. Though I have a theory that the light pink kawami is going to be butterfly girl and the green kawami, I don't know, cricket boy?

The song is from the musical Hamilton. heres the song!

That will probably be true. I have a Theroy that Hawk Moth might be related to either Marinette or Adrien. It's kinda bad, but I guess it might work.

Mkay so, this is a thread for theories on Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir. You can discuss them, post them, etc etc.

My theory is that there's at least 4 or 6 Kawami not just Tiki and Plagg. If you pay very close attemntion to the last few seconds of the theme song you'll see them! Tiki is red, Plagg is black, then there's a green one and a white one. I'm fairly sure there's a blue one and one other color I have yet to identify.

Tikki: Red, Ladybug, Earings
Plagg: Black, Cat, Ring
Nooroo: Purple, Butterfly, Brooch
Wayzz: Green, Turtle, Bracelet
Unnamed: Blue, Peacock, Pin(?)
Unnamed: Yellow, Bee, Hair Comb
Unamed: Orange, Fox, Necklace

Oh god, how does it come I didn't know anything about this thread? I'm Miraculous ladybug trash and I'm so glad I found this. I tried writing a fanfic once but... well, mannagin the characters was sort of hard.

Anyways. I used to have som theories but now the most of them have been confirmed in canon: SPOILER Hawkmoth being Adrien's father and owning the purple kwamy (the butterfly one), the existence of more than just one kwami, etc.

Now I'm all for the theory that the girl that we've seen as volpina isn't the one that's suposed to be volpina. I don't have any proves, I just want Alya to be Volpina. Abyways, I'm so glad they put the Volpina twist because Marinette could become a little Sue while on Ladybug mode, so her jeloussy made me happy.

Oh god, how does it come I didn't know anything about this thread? I'm Miraculous ladybug trash and I'm so glad I found this. I tried writing a fanfic once but... well, mannagin the characters was sort of hard.

Anyways. I used to have som theories but now the most of them have been confirmed in canon: SPOILER Hawkmoth being Adrien's father and owning the purple kwamy (the butterfly one), the existence of more than just one kwami, etc.

Now I'm all for the theory that the girl that we've seen as volpina isn't the one that's suposed to be volpina. I don't have any proves, I just want Alya to be Volpina. Abyways, I'm so glad they put the Volpina twist because Marinette could become a little Sue while on Ladybug mode, so her jeloussy made me happy.

To be honest Nooroo is confirmed as Hawkmoth's kwami but Hawkmoth hasn't been confirmed (in show) as Gabriel Agreste. Yet is is hinted at a lot and is a theory I can get behind.

(I just want Nino to get the turtle miraculous, Prince Ali to get the peacock, and Chloe to get the bee.)

Volpina has the fox necklace, that's canon I think. I really wish Nathanael was the one who got it he looks so good ♥ But it was not meant to be i guess. I have a very long theory I keep meaning to post but I keep forgetting.

Volpina has the fox necklace, that's canon I think. I really wish Nathanael was the one who got it he looks so good ♥ But it was not meant to be i guess. I have a very long theory I keep meaning to post but I keep forgetting.

Volpina having the fox necklace is canon as revealed in a recent episode. As well as Papillon having the butterfly brooch, Master Fu having the Turtle bracelet and Mama agreste or Gabriel having the Peacock pin.

tumblr_o3p67ct1en1v7mla9o1_1280.png

tumblr_o3p67ct1en1v7mla9o2_1280.png

I was always wondering what was up with the really weird puffy tie, but I realized that it was to cover up his miraculous! It is also the perfect place to fit Nooroo, who Hawkmoth obviously wouldn’t let out of his sight!

*sighs* No. No ones facial features change when they transform.

-

Yes you're right no one does change facial features when they transform, however what Papillon has is a cowl. For example, Batman.

maxresdefault.jpg

If he didn't have the beard it would be really hard to tell who it was under the mask. The brow is furrowed, the cheeks are sharper, and the face is more oval.

latest
24f963d60593fe034a2fa602118f90a3.jpg

Look how his cowl is shaped. Not a natural face shape.

latest

Now on to the facts about the miraculouses.

Clearly we know that Papillon is in possesion of the Butterfly themed miraculous.

tumblr_inline_o1uncdqzjS1tqhmgh_540.png

And also in possesion of Nooroo.

latest

So as we know, revealed in the origin episodes Papillon doesn't treat Nooroo that well. Which means that he probably wouldn't care where he kept him - as Nooroo can't leave as long as he is in possession of his miraculous.

latest

For example - that puffy part over where Papillon keeps his brooch.

tumblr_inline_o3o99eLXJC1td18dg_540.jpg

tumblr_o16l2jtMpQ1uo3xs0o1_1280.jpg

If we took away the mask and flattened the hair they would have similar face shapes.

Also, before transforming Papillon and Gabriel Agreste have similar silhouettes.

tumblr_inline_o3ndyrm2t71rwxbmc_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_o3rjgktPQj1rac3ef_500.png

Look at the one above, that is a white shirt - just like what Gabriel Agreste wears.

Now on to more theories on the miraculouses that tie Gabriel Agreste to Papillon.

Gabriel Agreste has a secret safe in his wall that contains a few important items.

tumblr_inline_o4athktGo81s210d7_500.png

One of which is a book - all about miraculous jewelry.

tumblr_inline_o4vckzvfR51t38b76_540.jpg

Volpina's miraculous is a fox necklace - which has been confirmed. However we know that Lila's was a fake.
This fake has been confirmed as part of a jewelry line created by the one and only Gabriel Agreste.

The Peacock Miraculous was another thing in the safe - as well as a picture of Mama Agreste.
This could mean that Mama Agreste had the peacock miraculous before her disappearance.

(Or it could just mean that Gabriel used to have the peacock miraculous which is something I can totally get behind - and I have proof for that too.)

So we know for sure now what Mama Agreste looked like - (see picture below)

latest

All the pictures of Mama Agreste are eerily similar to the picture of a person Papillon loved - hidden in his locket.

tumblr_inline_o3mive7Qhy1t3j19o_540.png

My last piece of evidence (at the moment) is the fact that Papillon and Gabriel have the exact same voice actor.

tumblr_inline_nzmika0VyA1tdaa8s_500.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yay. I actually understand what this show is now! A close friend of mine showed me the entire first season over the past 4 days. I watched it mostly in French and a few episodes in Korean. :)

I don't have a huge amount to add to this thread as most of my theories were confirmed with the origin episodes, but I agree with @Echosparks that my money is on Adrien's daddy being Papillon. The ancient book in his secret safe, the locket photo (and the fact that he obviously wants power for a reason, likely to bring back/find his wife), his general personality, and the fact that he rarely leaves the home despite Adrien sometimes pleading with him to do so - all of it adds up to him being suspicious.

I'd honestly applaud the show if it turned out that he wasn't Papillon because it'd mean that the writers fooled me completely.