• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Merchandise For The 15th Movie Confirms Musketeer Trio And Kyurem For Staring Roles

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
nKhem.jpg

In Japan some official merchandise for the 15th Pokémon movie has confirmed that Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion and Kyurem will take the staring roles along with one mystery Pokémon, which is thought to be Keldeo.

Read More

Re: Merchandise For The 15th Movie Confirms Musketeer Trio A

Hopefully the Keldeo event comes out with this film I've been waiting for him for a while now he is one of the only legendaries I actually like :)

And Demelza can you change Terrakio to Terrakion its bugging me >-< Sorry for being nit picky

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Rileyixx said:
Hopefully the Keldeo event comes out with this film I've been waiting for him for a while now he is one of the only legendaries I actually like :)

And Demelza can you change Terrakio to Terrakion its bugging me >-< Sorry for being nit picky

1: I think it's more then likely the event will come out with the film or around the same time. :D

2: No problem. It was meant to be Terrakion anyway and not sure how I've missed that 'N' off. xD Thank you for pointing it out, I'm always happy to hear feedback so don't worry. :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

I'd rather hope that the big "surprise announcement" at Festa wouldn't be this movie, but it does seem like the sort of thing the Pokemon Company would do (like getting our hopes up for a new core series game and instead giving us PokePark 2 >>).

Either way, glad to see this info confirmed. I really love the mythology surrounding the fighting-type trio so hopefully they'll use some of it for the movie. =)

Hopefully this is better than the last few movies. I think the last movie I liked was the Darkrai one. I think the movies have just gotten worse over the years now that they all feel so similar.

Is it just me or did the variety in the movies end after the AG era? All the DP movies were too similar, and the BW movies don't look to break any new ground either.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

precita said:
Hopefully this is better than the last few movies. I think the last movie I liked was the Darkrai one. I think the movies have just gotten worse over the years now that they all feel so similar.

Is it just me or did the variety in the movies end after the AG era? All the DP movies were too similar, and the BW movies don't look to break any new ground either.

Well. I never liked the third gen of films and I thought the fourth were slightly better (not great but better). I really enjoyed the 11th with Shaymin and then the 13th with Zoroark was perfect for me.

I think the Black and White films are pushing the whole 'reboot' thing that the anime/manga and games have followed. From what I've seen of the Victini one it does look amazing, and watching the trailer really made me wanna see it. Something that hasn't happened to me since the Shaymin movie or Zoroark. And the English trailer for it can be found here.

From what I've seen of the films the Celebi one was the last good one in my opinion.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Blasphemy. D:

[12] <&Linkachu> YOU ALL HAVE NO SOUL D:
[12] <&Linkachu> Movie 8, best Pokemon movie, hands down no contest
[12] * &Linkachu will listen to no objections >=O

The DP movies after the Darkrai one were dull because they all felt like the same thing over and over again. Now every movie was a crisis of a legendary or a re-tread of the older movies storylines into a new one.

While not every older movie was great, at least Movies 1-9 tried to do something a little different each time. The settings of the movies were also varied, like Movie 5 being in a venice-like area, Movie 7 being in a futuristic city, Movie 8 being in medeival times, etc.

Heck, I liked the Johto movies because they actually made up for how terrible the actual Johto saga was. It was like they put all the work into the movies that saga and none into the actual anime. *has flashbacks of the horrible Johto filler episodes...ugh*

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Linkachu said:
Blasphemy. D:

[12] <&Linkachu> YOU ALL HAVE NO SOUL D:
[12] <&Linkachu> Movie 8, best Pokemon movie, hands down no contest
[12] * &Linkachu will listen to no objections >=O

I agree that the 8th is one of the best, it's in my top three favs. I just often forget it was part of the third gen of films because of having Lucario in. XD

precita said:
The DP movies after the Darkrai one were dull because they all felt like the same thing over and over again. Now every movie was a crisis of a legendary or a re-tread of the older movies storylines into a new one.

While not every older movie was great, at least Movies 1-9 tried to do something a little different each time. The settings of the movies were also varied, like Movie 5 being in a venice-like area, Movie 7 being in a futuristic city, Movie 8 being in medeival times, etc.

Heck, I liked the Johto movies because they actually made up for how terrible the actual Johto saga was. It was like they put all the work into the movies that saga and none into the actual anime. *has flashbacks of the horrible Johto filler episodes...ugh*

That was the nature of the story though. Each movie in the fourth gen tried to continue on from one another and explain the history of the two d/p cover stars and then in the 12th the 'god' like Pokemon. And that's what it was all about, and maybe have it became boring.

I think the new movies will continue along the line set by the older movies, while I love most Pokemon movies, the old ones were the best and Victini shows no signs of it continuing a d/p type thing where each movie has to follow on in some sorta way.

Johto was the best anime/game/manga arc ever and no one can say different >;D I loved it from start to end and the films that went with it. No questions it was perfect in my eyes, even if it wasn't I grew up with that arc of Pokemon more then the rest (the third series Pokemon started to die in the UK so I didn't see it as often).

Demelza said:
That was the nature of the story though. Each movie in the fourth gen tried to continue on from one another and explain the history of the two d/p cover stars and then in the 12th the 'god' like Pokemon. And that's what it was all about, and maybe have it became boring.

I didn't think doing a trilogy was such a good idea. It felt like it dragged on with Dialga/Palkia in all of them. As for the 13th movie, I just didn't care for it. The last movie of each gen is always the worst anyway as it feels like they're just getting it out before the new one airs.

Johto was the best anime/game/manga arc ever and no one can say different >;D

I love the GS games (and HGSS), but the Johto anime was pretty bad. From what I've seen throughout the fandom the Johto seasons were widely disliked and considered the worst part of the entire anime. The show lost its quality from the first two seasons and was just a collection of really bad filler episodes. The original trio became stale as it could possibly get and Misty just faded away into the background. Its pretty much why the whole Johto saga was kind of casted aside after it ended and they pretty much ignore it. I honestly think the writers considered the original trio a failure when Johto ended, which is why they never reunited it ever again.

That's why I said the movies were good. I loved the Entei movie with Molly and Movie 5's theme with Latios/Latias was awesome. Movie 4 wasn't as good as the others but it was still OK.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

precita said:
Demelza said:

I didn't think doing a trilogy was such a good idea. It felt like it dragged on with Dialga/Palkia in all of them. As for the 13th movie, I just didn't care for it. The last movie of each gen is always the worst anyway as it feels like they're just getting it out before the new one airs.

Johto was the best anime/game/manga arc ever and no one can say different >;D

I love the GS games (and HGSS), but the Johto anime was pretty bad. From what I've seen throughout the fandom the Johto seasons were widely disliked and considered the worst part of the entire anime. The show lost its quality from the first two seasons and was just a collection of really bad filler episodes. The original trio became stale as it could possibly get and Misty just faded away into the background. Its pretty much why the whole Johto saga was kind of casted aside after it ended and they pretty much ignore it. I honestly think the writers considered the original trio a failure when Johto ended, which is why they never reunited it ever again.

That's why I said the movies were good. I loved the Entei movie with Molly and Movie 5's theme with Latios/Latias was awesome. Movie 4 wasn't as good as the others but it was still OK.

I agree the movies being a trilogy didn't work as well as they could have done, which is why I don't think it's gonna be done again.

As for Johto, I was only 7-9 or something when it aired so was probably easily pleased :p