OR/AS Mega Swampert

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Demelza, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer Moderator

OfficialMegaSwampert.
    Mega Swampert
    Water / Ground
    [​IMG]
    Japanese Name: MegaLaglarge
    Height: 6' 03"
    Weight: 224.9 lbs.
    Classification: Mud Fish Pokémon

[​IMG]
    Ability: Swift Swim

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Mega Swampert was revealed alongside Mega Sceptile and Mega Diancie when the June edition of CoroCoro leaked, it was later revealed outside of Japan during Nintendo's Digital Event for E3.

Additional Info: When Swampert Mega Evolves into Mega Swampert, the strength that it needs to act in the water is increased, and it can use its tenacious power both on land and in the water. Upon Mega Evolving, Mega Swampert gains the Ability Swift Swim. Despite its large body, its Speed will fully double when the weather is rainy. With an improved Attack stat, put a quick stop to foes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mega-Evolves from Swampert
    Mega Stone: ???

[​IMG]
    OfficialMegaSwampert_layersremoved.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon ORAS June 12 screenshot 22. Pokemon ORAS June 12 screenshot 21.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  2. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza Administrator

At first I was a bit indifferent towards this design but the more I stare at it, the more I'm warming up to it. Overall I'm just glad that they finally confirmed the Mega Evolutions for Swampert and Sceptile. ^^
  3. Its a big lump of Axolotl :love:! I find it awesome, its a big tank just like torterra ^^!! I love it even through Swampert is mostly based off a mudskipper I see they based it more off a Axolotl now with its mega evolution :p
  4. Honestly, I like the design of this more then the original Swampert in some ways. And Swift Swim is not bad, considering that this does not look like it will gain much in the way of Speed.
    Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  5. I'm really growing on this design now. It makes me want to choose Mudkip, which I was already considering.

Totally, in fact, I think it might get its speed lowered.
  6. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer Moderator

Love Mega Swampert's design. I feel it really fits its tanky-nature. Swift Swim is a nice boost too. Sceptile is my favourite Starter and one of my favourite Pokemon, so obviously poor Swampert won't be being picked by me... but dang does this make the choice a little bit harder :)
    bioaura likes this.
  7. Always been a Swampert girl so I was really happy to hear of his mega evolution. I love the design since I love bulky pokemon. Swift swim though a great ability is a bit of a disappointment mostly in its lack of originality. I has to be one of the most widespread abilities in the game :(. I was hoping for something like Immunity or Guts to fit his theme more and his role as a tank.
  8. I was never really into the Mudkip line before, but even before Mega Swampert was revealed I was recently starting to fall in love with it. And now that I've seen this impressively massive behemoth, I'm definitely planning on getting it as one of my starters
    bioaura likes this.
  9. Yeah... No... Mega Sceptile All the way, A Dragon type that would own Wattson if ORAS has the same level curve as XY
  10. i would get torchic because I chose mudkip on emerald and i prefare mega blazekin