OR/AS Mega Sceptile

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Demelza, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer Moderator

MegaSceptile.
    Mega Sceptile
    Grass / Dragon
    [​IMG]
    Japanese Name: MegaJukain
    Height: 6' 03"
    Weight: 127.7 lbs.
    Classification: Forest Pokémon

[​IMG]
    Ability: Lighting Rod

[​IMG]
    Revealed: Mega Sceptile was revealed alongside Mega Swampert and Mega Diancie when the June edition of CoroCoro leaked, it was later revealed outside of Japan during Nintendo's Digital E3 Event.

Additional Info: Sceptile’s Mega-Evolved form is Mega Sceptile. Thanks to the power in its quick legs, Mega Sceptile can be on its opponent in a flash! When it Mega Evolves, it gains the Dragon type and its attacks become stronger against more types. It also has the Lightning Rod Ability, which absorbs the damage from Electric-type moves to raise its own Sp. Atk, big advantage especially in Double Battles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mega-Evolves from Sceptile
    Mega Stone: ???

[​IMG]
    OfficialMegaSceptile_layersremoved.

[​IMG]
    Pokemon ORAS June 12 screenshot 18. Pokemon ORAS June 12 screenshot 19.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
  2. While I'm not entirely fond of the design, I can definitely see myself using this competitively. Grass/Dragon is a sweet typing despite some weaknesses, and I'm glad to see that we finally get one on something that people have kept saying should have been Grass/Dragon all along. Good job, GameFreak.

3. Teapot

Teapot swim swim hungry Administrator

IT IS LITERALLY A CHRISTMAS TREE

4. MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMAL

Vaporeonn and Teapot like this.
  5. Kyubeon

Kyubeon Football

I actually really like is design~ Also glad that they decided to make it part dragon. No more super effective fire moves now >:D Probably my favorite mega that was revealed today yes~

Not sure if I'll be using one competitively though, since that 4x weakness to ice is kinda putting me off ;;

6. Alexxander

Alexxander The Monotype Shota

It has a tail and not something up it's butt :D Also dragon typing and lightningrod is gonna be cool especially for doubles c:

7. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer Moderator

^_________________^

Dream come true, that's all I have to say really! Used Sceptile for so long on my team so this'll be an amazing boost (hopefully!). Love the design and Typing so very much :')

8. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was just scrolling down the Forums, when I saw a post on this thread and I couldn't believe it. Sceptile was my first starter ever, and you bet I'll be using Mega Sceptile!

9. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza Administrator

How will you ever choose between Mega Sceptile and Mega Thunderdog? ;D

And I agree! I really like the new typing (feels appropriate) and rather like its design, too. I was already planning to pick Treecko as my first OR/AS starter and seeing this Mega just reaffirmed that decision. :)

10. KoL

KoL Smug World Order Moderator

I guess getting the other starters via trade just became a whole lot harder.

I'm getting me one of these too.

11. Ooh, I definitely like this design, this is now one of my favorite Megas. Interesting type addition takes away the Fire weakness but adds Dragon, Fairy, and double Ice weaknesses, which is a little off-putting but could shake things up a bit. Lightningrod is a sweet addition, just more icing on the cake.

Also, it's Mega Sceptile. (Also, Dragon Type ♥ )

Burgundy Blade likes this.
  12. AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!

Anyway, I wasn't as excited for Mega Sceptile as I thought I'd be when I first saw it, mostly because I was on a family vacation when I first looked at the scans, but holy crap did this surpass my expectations! :D Sceptile was my first ever Hoenn starter, and my personal favorite of the bunch, and this new form definitely does it justice since it hasn't been considered as reliable as Blaziken or Swampert in the past.

As for its Lightningrod ability, I admit I was a little confused about it at first, but after reading this list of facts summing up its usefulness, I realize how absolutely perfect it is:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Burgundy Blade likes this.
  13. I have never liked Sceptile that much (Because I don't really like Grass Types, no offence), but after seeing Mega Sceptile's type, I would really consider getting Alpha Sapphire and choosing Treecko as my starter :D
    However, I am not comfortable with Mega Sceptile looking like a Christmas tree. :(

14. Sceptile is an awesome Pokémon and is the only starter from Gen 3 that I can actually say I like. Now on with this Mega Sceptile. I truly believe his boost stat in Mega; is going to be physical attack and speed, just from his design point of view. The best thing about Sceptile when he goes Mega is the fact of being part Dragon.

With this said, I've noticed some people become worried about a 4x weakness to Ice moves. If this worries you, then you're unable to use Swampert for being 4x weakness to Grass moves as well. What I'm trying to get at; is you wont go and fight a Walrein with a Flygon. So this talk about being 4x weakness should stop.

Now his Mega ability makes me feel that he gotten the double-edge sword treatment. Reason why I say this statement is the fact of becoming a Dragon type and then getting (one of my least liked ability) Lightening Rod. The ability Lightning Rod to me is useless in the world of Pokémon because its only useful in double battles, and the Pokémon who have this ability, are either Ground or Electric types. But there is some light in this ability, I don't run with Lightning Rod, but I read something about Thunder Wave can't slow Lightning Rod users, meaning that there's still hope for Mega Sceptile. I for one would whether see Mega Sceptile get Limber as the Mega ability.

15. Alexxander

Sceptile is actually more of a special attacker looking at stats and if I remember correctly in either Gen 4 or 5, Lightning Rod got boosted to raise special attack upon being hit with electric attacks so once the mega evolution has been done it should be able to switch in onto Electric attacks and then do a boosted Leaf Storm or Dragon Pulse (if it gains that in ORAS) back in the opponents face. Even if it would have double resisted Electric without it, it still gains an immunity

16. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer Moderator

I know D': To be fair Manectric functioned perfectly well on my team without the Mega Evolution. My Sceptile always stayed on my Singles team but I never used her in Doubles due to the fact she just didn't really add anything to the team. With Sceptile gaining a Mega Evolution though it'll be a force to be reckoned with I'm sure. So we shall see ;)

17. Ah, I can see that christmas tree tail, and I'm liking it. I've always dreamed of a Grass/Dragon type, and it came! I'm definatley picking Treecko once I get OR and AS.:love:

Septile likes this.
  18. my first pokemon ever am going to take treecko and evolve him to sceptile then mega evolve him oh yay he so assome[​IMG]

ignitusfire12 likes this.
  19. I still like grovyle more

20. i want... but blaziken :(

21. I have to admit. The 3rd gen starters were the hardest to choose.

22. Alexxander

I found Gen 3 fairly easy to choose from I didn't like Sceptile and I was indifferent on Treecko. Other than getting Blaze Kick I don't like any of Torchic's line so it's always been Mudkip for me.

I found Gen 4 the hardest because I didn't like any of them in each stage of evolution

23. MEGA SCEPTILE ALL THE WAAYYYYYY

24. ERSOME!!!!!! MUST HAVE MEGA SCEPTILE.

If you ask me, it's a CHRISTMAS PRESENT!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    ignitusfire12 likes this.
  25. Thomas is definitely gonna this if he gets a 3DS and OR or AS....

26. It is alright I guess, but I don't like it as much as Mega Blaziken and Swampert. I think that 'tree' thingy coming out of it's chest looks really awkward, I don't like red stripes either. But I do like shape of the tail, even if it does like kinda like a Christmas tree XD and how the round things on it's back change colour from yellow, to red. It is an ok mega, but definitely not one of my favourites. Sorry Sceptile fans.