• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Least Favorite Town?

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I think we all have a town that we just hated in the Pokemon series, whether it was from the games, the anime or the manga. So, what town do you dislike the most?

In all honesty, I really dislike Dewford town. It's literally in the middle of nowhere, and has no Pokemart. I also find it unique but irritating that anything "Trendy" becomes the new fad.I guess also had to do with the gym leader, Brawly.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm neutral about most Pokémon towns and cities - but some of the particularly large ones still manage to rub me the wrong way, either due to annoying navigation gimmicks or particular plot-related irritants. Castelia, Lumiose and OR/AS Mauville (Moar like Mallville amirite? <<) pop to mind immediately, as well as a few cities in Gen 4 that were either obnoxious to deal with (JUBILIFE) or were kind of a plot sore spot (SUNYSHORE).

Yeaaaaaah, I'm not a big city person. Never have been, never will be - and I suppose that while these particular cities would be less irritating in a more real-life Pokémon World setting - they were a pain in the posterior in-game and that's most of my interaction with them. XP

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Lumiose was a godsend simply because of egg hatching around the gym. Anyone who's friends with me on facebook might remember the time I taped a coin against the circle pad while trying to get a shiny Eevee... never got one myself, though.

Anyways, not sure what I actually dislike. I remember Oldale town being incredibly plain and useless outside of HEY CHECK OUT OUR POKEMART. But I guess that had something. Petalburg was actually pretty annoying since you had to do some circling back shenanigans to get there, and without fly at the time I was more than a little annoyed at this. I'd guess Lumiose would be similar in that regard then, but I never played XY through plot-wise and thus never had to deal with that. 8D I also disliked Lentimas because it felt so random and unneeded. I mean, okay, there was a move tutor, but couldn't he at least be somewhere else? <<

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
*Ugh* Mauville City, please go away. NOT the one from the original R/S/E, but the one from OR/AS. Just because it's just a box with a town inside. It just . . . doesn't work for me.

Mossdeep City's incarnation is the epic, tho.

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
tbh, I HATED Sootopolis city. I never knew where the HELL I was, and if I didn't have my surfer on me (which I never do, since I gave it to Shiny) I can't get anywhere. It also had no gimmick of any sort that set it apart, o to me it was just a pain in the ass to navigate and even worse to try to go back to places you'd already been. . .

rant over

Castelia and Lumiose. Just because they are so big and confusing. You can't find anything! Castelia has too many buildings with elevators, and let's be honest, nobody can navigate through Lumiose perfectly.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Castelia and Lumiose. Just because they are so big and confusing. You can't find anything! Castelia has too many buildings with elevators, and let's be honest, nobody can navigate through Lumiose perfectly.
Yes. One time I left before going to Lysandre Cafe, came back, and spent an hour (literally) trying tofind it again. I can navigate Castelia though.

ImmortalLeavanny

Formerly SatanicWaffle
I've made a list of my least favourite town from each game (Except Fire Red/Leaf Green).

Gen 2 - Cherrygrove City

Gen 3 - Rustboro City

Gen 4 - Eterna City/Jubilife City

Gen 5 - Virbank City

Gen 6 - Anistar City

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The only towns in Pokemon that especially stand out to me as being horrible are Snowpoint and Lumiose. Considering I usually like wintry places it'd take a lot for me to hate Snowpoint, but that god-awful route leading up to it completely ruined Snowpoint itself for me. I'd rather not trudge through any area at a snail's pace for no good reason no matter how it looks thank you.

As for Lumiose, it's just a bloated mess, trying to find your way around is an absolute nightmare, which combined with the Save Glitch and the execrable Looker quest made it my least favourite city in the entire series by far. The only thing it has going for it in my book is the taxi drivers looking like Ryan from Achievement Hunter.

Wonder if Edgar's the one in the boot...

the one town i hate the most would be celedon city that snorlax pissed me off way too much, i was stuck there cuz i couldn't beat the gym leader and advance and i didn't now what to do the music of that town pisses me off so much now -_-' thinking about it really makes me want to burn it down with a charizard or something

I would have to say lavender town by far the point of that town was so murky to me and the fact there is nothing there in my eyes but a shady little tower that took my innocence at a young age i thought pokemon were immortal but when i saw a whole tower dedicated to bury dead pokemon stole my innocence.. and the fact that the tower had multiple floors made me ask the question "How do you even bury something two floors from the ground?" I would dash through that town when i passed by.

Okay I'm over it now XD